Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 05:04 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #22

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #22

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

Last edited by gma22; 08-26-2003 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:12 AM   #2  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and this week we are going to target the scale! Many times we will bounce around a lot and that does not mean we are not doing a good job on our program. Try to not focus so much on what the scale reads except once a week. You become obsessed with it and then feel like a failure when you don't see day to day results.

I GET A: and for exercise.

Ok girlies, I am going to give it the old college try. I have decided to go ahead and enter the walk and try as hard as I can. No matter whether I can finish it or not, it is still an accomplishment that I want to conquer. Thanks for encouraging me.

Be back later when the rest of the world gets up!

Faye
Old 08-26-2003, 08:16 AM   #3  

Good for you, Faye!! We're all proud of you for doing this walk You've accomplished so much, I know you can do it!

I've got another 4 point day yesterday.

Lots to do....lots to do.....kids meet their teachers today and then go back to school tomorrow!

Guess everyone is still asleep......stay strong today gals.

Oh, Pam, I'm really proud of you too........you're just steamrolling through those workouts! I can tell you feel better about yourself just from your posts!

Gotta sew!
Julie
Old 08-26-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  

Hello Girls,

Up and at em'.....earrrrrrly this am. Got up at 5:45a and headed over here to Decatur to mom's house. It was a bit foggy this morning and a soft dew was on the ground, the sun was a brilliant orange ball.....just breathtaking. A peaceful ride, despite the cars zooming around me like bats out of ****. I just put in my Jim Brickman CD, and chilled!!! I will spend all of today and tonight here and then head back home late tomorrow afternoon....look out! A great shower is in my near future!!!! They have the best water pressure here!! Talk about getting revived

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for exercise and 1 pt for water. Going to do that 2 mile walk in just a little while. My oldest neice will be right there beside me

Mirabelly, bet the kids are not nearly as excited about going back to school as you are to have them go!!! Have a great day!

Faye, you are my hero!!!! "Going for that gold", and you are right just the fact that you are attempting it and will do your best is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Tuesday's Target....? since I do not weigh even weekly cant really participate....guess it is a good thing that I dont have one in the house, I would probably be obsessed if I did

Well chickies, gotta run...catch you later
Old 08-26-2003, 09:13 AM   #5  

Julie: YOU GET A: for points and a for your exercise challenge!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points and a for your exercise challenge!

Girls, you are really making me encouraged with this walk. I even am making a sweatshirt. I am going to try and post the pics of what it will be front and back, but I don't know if I can. I decided since it was this thread that is helping me out, it is this thread that I am going to wear on my back!

Faye
Old 08-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #6  

I have never been able to figure out how to put more than one pic on your post so here is the back of the sweatshirt! Thanks for allowing me to do this!

Faye
Old 08-26-2003, 09:20 AM   #7  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hi girls.

Faye - I am glad to hear about your decision to do the walk. I think that is just fabulous! You will do great!

I got all 4 points for yesterday, I met with a trainer at the gym to change my workout routine, so that was kinda cool. Helps me to spice things up a bit.

Just wondering...does anyone else have a hard time doing a cardio workout? I have been going at doing 30 minutes on the crosstrainer (kinda like a gazelle) but lately it's been hard doin'. I get super bored when I am doing my cardio workout...I've trid headphones, and my new thing of reading a magazine works ok, but I get a little motion sick. LOL

Anyway, so far my weight from the weekend seems to be staying off. However, i am gonna try hard to weigh once a week. I definitely feel myself getting a little psychotic about it.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:37 AM   #8  

Missy: YOU GET A: and a for the exercise challenge! As far as cardio goes, I do about half hour in the pool and not get winded at all but that is because the pool makes you "weigh" less. I can only do 15 on the glider though like I said it is because my feet start hurting so bad. I do that 3 times a day though along with the pool. Once the pool is closed as long as it stays nice, I am going to walk too so I can get ready for my walk in Oct. I did 2.4 miles a didn't even get winded which is great since is was up hill coming and going part way each way, but I need to see if I can work up to 5 before than. I only have about 5 weeks. YOU are doing a great job and since I watch a program I really want to see while doing the glider, I can't help you out about the boredom part!

Well, gotta go the pool is calling!

Faye
Old 08-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #9  

Missy, try listening to books on tape! You get to engage your brain a little more than music, but don't get motion sickness.

Faye, I love the t-shirt!

Julie
Old 08-26-2003, 01:46 PM   #10  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Julie - That is a great idea! I will have to try that!!

Faye - I couldn't see the shirt...not sure what was up.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:30 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Default Afternoon All..

Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of days, have been really busy...
The weekend was pretty much a wash but didnt seem to put on any weight from it, maybe half a pound... I didnt go too too crazy...but yesterday got 3 points, didnt exercise but will today...

Faye - LOVe the shirt...the design is really cool....just do your best with the walk....you can do it....we will all be cheering you on!

Missy - I too get really bored with cardio, especially anything with a bike motion...I find watching TV ( at my last gym they had MTV on a huge screen, it was great ! ) works the best for me....

Pam - You go Girl....!!!!! Enjoy that great water pressure, but not too much Just kidding....

Mirabelly - Enjoy the quiet tomorrow!

Everybody have a great afternoon!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

HI everyone.

I got all 4 pts yesterday!

Unfortunately I pulled something in my back in the process. Boy does it hurt. I will have to tame down the exercise until it heals. I am just miserable sitting, laying, walking.. doesnt matter. If I dont see an improvement soon, I just may have to call the Dr.

Tomorrow is the first day of school here as well. And 4 of my 5 are in! The only one at home is my 3 yr old. What peace it will be. I cannot wait!!! Today is meet the teacher day (kids call it meet the creature day ) so we will have to leave for that in a little while.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Ive been so busy that my head spins! check in laterzzzzz
Old 08-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #13  

Missy: Did you click on the word t-shirt? It is coming up an attachment instead of posting because it is a word document. It is just the design for the front and back not an actual t-shirt. Julie had an excellent idea and I am an audio book lover and never even thought of it. That is a great idea.

Carri: YOU GET A: for points.

I got my clothes today and they FIT!!!!! I was expecting all of the pants to be too tight and some are more snug than I like, but none of them are skin tight. I am not used to wearing clothing that is not baggy. I guess I should get used to it, HUH?

Well, I just peeked in. I have to get my last glider workout in. It must be working cause my upper butt muscles are spasming!
Ever had a charlie horse in your butt?

Faye
Old 08-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #14  
It is what it is...

Debbie - when I pulled my back the last time ( and I know it hurts like **** ), my pharmacist actually told me to take two Alieve every 8-12 hours and I was very surprised at how much that helped...
so you might try it...nothing will take it away completely, unfortunately it just has to work itself out, but the Alieve will take the edge off so you can get around....sitting or laying is the worst for it, you have to move it around....hope this helps...hope it feels better...I was just there and I feel for you....
Old 08-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #15  
It is what it is...

Faye - when I exercise my whole butt is one big Charlie Horse!!
ha!
Closed Thread