Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #1  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Default Opinions please! GOALS/REWARDS

I've never made a goal like this, so I'm very nervous, but I REALLY REALLY want to reach these goals.

Splash lagoon is a water park, Kennywood is an amusement park...
And Luigi's is a friggin delicious Italian restaurant near me.

(and obviously I'm not planning on getting a MOM tattoo )

Do these seem reasonable? Been on a plateau for years, I'm so scared

Also, what are your goals?
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey! Losing 1 lbs a week is very reasonable, I set myself the same goal due to knowing that If I think I go all Chris Powell on my *** I'll never lose 153lbs in a year. Ain't nobody got time for that lol, but I have spent a lot of time wishing if I start now.... What about now.... I'll start on Monday!

So in January I decided that 1lb a week isn't too much, in fact it meant that one full year from then I should be 52lbs lighter, which is much better than procrastination. During my last 6 weeks of university I maintained and have been playing catch up ever since, but I still believe Ill get as close to that 52lbs as possible. So far I have lost 37lbs and I am really hoping that if I can lose 1.5lbs a week until xmas ill reach 47.5lbs down and then the first 2 weeks of January will be a blast to the finish line, getting beaten up in the gym with all the people who ate too much for xmas dinner

I keep my goals on my signature as a reminder for every time I post what I am here for. I refuse to turn 30 being overweight, I want to be toned and strong and healthy!

I travel a lot also, so I always surprise myself with trips away In January I will be going to London like I do every year for my birthday. I get to see people I haven't seen in probably a year, so I would love to of got that 52 lbs off if not more, and look darn glamorous .

Its great to reward yourself with appropriate fun
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #3  

I love your goal sheet! Writing your goals out like that is a great way to cement them in your mind, and you can refer to it when you need a motivation boost. I think I would take a picture & keep it on my phone.
Fwiw, the scale can be fickle on any given day because of fluid from foods, inflammation, TOM, etc. So maybe as a backup, you could build in rewards for eating on plan for x number of days, weeks, months. Just a thought.

Good luck--you've got this!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #4  
Determind Member

Hey! Btw, Pop over to the subgroup 20-somethings it would be great to see some of your goal motivation in there
Old 11-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #5  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Scotsgal & Sundove

Sundove -
that's a really good idea honestly. I usually have some junk on the weekends but seldom skip a workout

Scotsgal - You're so motivated!!! And you're doing such a fantastic job!! You'll be on your way to Onederland in no time. I see you sister is getting married in ITALY? My great grandparents are from a small town called Troia in Italy. Troia is famous for it's beautiful Cathedral, and it's Uva di Troia wine! One of my dreams is to go to Italy.

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 11-03-2016 at 12:01 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #6  
Determind Member

EmilyLarnder Aww Thank you! My positivity and nutrition knowledge is what gets me though each day. I am in the right zone to lose the weight, I am 27! Before now I haven't been in the right place, with the right mind and the right knowledge to be able to lose all of my baggage. I now use words like "when I lose all the weight" instead of "if" I know I will be able to do it

Yes! my sister is getting married in Lake Guardia (which was a surprise, because my sister doesn't do travelling or heat ). Troia is in a beautiful part of the country. Italy is actually the only central or western European country I have not yet been too. I can't wait!!!

I will also be the slimmest most glamorous 29 year old maid of honour