Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default I need help...

I've been on the weight watchers diet and exercising at least 3 times a week for about 1 hour a day. I've lost about 20 lbs. However, the last few days my scale keeps telling me I've gained a pound or 2 OR lost an ounce or 2. I over ate a little every now and then over the last 2 weeks ( birthday week). I am so beyond frustrated 😢. Im 32, 5ft 1in and and hovering around 213 now. I am obsessed with the scale and am scared that if i don't weigh every day i will gain weight. This morning i stepped on the scale and it said 214.6 the first time. I did it again (i usually weigh 3 or 4 times right away for an average) and moved it around on the floor and it was saying 212.8. I am so upset and frustrated! Any advice? Should i buy a new scale? I don't know what to do.
My cloathes fit fine now with no spanx even (i think i was wearing a size jean that was too small anyway) but....just ugh! Help!
Anthropology2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on your loss so far. Excellent!

I weigh myself daily and have determined that is what helps me keep on track. I hope I can continue it once I meet my goal. That doesn't work for everyone, so maybe you can try once a week or something for awhile and see how that works for you. Are you asking only about the need for a scale? If it is that upsetting, then sure. But, even a not so accurate scale will help you with trending your weight. If you are asking about gaining a bit now and then - take a look at the free internet program TrendWeight. I really like how it shows the big picture of my loss attempts. For me, it certainly isnt a linear loss. My loss trending is more like upside down Ms.

Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #3  

I think you are unnecessarily worrying a bit. You are doing awesome and congratulations for that. You should continue with your routine to achieve what you are looking for. A simple logic is to remembered - When no one can lose weight just by dieting for a single week, accordingly no one can gain weight just by overeating for a week, unless you continue with your workouts. Best of luck.
skmyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I think I disagree with alina, but I've never had the perfectly fit and slim body I've always wanted.
I do think our bodies really adapt to be more efficient, though, so we need to change up the routine. Less cardio, more weights? Calorie or carb cycling? Better sleep?

Night's graph is great - we have to play the long term game! It's a marathon, not a sprint, so keep up with what you're doing!

Forgive yourself, scale obsession feels terrible Good for you on the 20lbs and feeling good without spanx! That's the best feeling!!!

Aaaaaaaand happy belated birthday!!!!!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote