Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #1  

Lightbulb What It's Really About

I'm new to this site. I haven't really done a lot of posting on here. I also haven't done a lot for myself regarding physical or mental health.

Yesterday I had a bad day. I ate one meal all day. I think I was having issues with anxiety because I work with my best friends and our friendship is suffering right now. I'm a full time graduate student and I work a few jobs. Basically, they want me around more and I want them to understand I can't always do that because of school and money.

But I had an epiphany yesterday. When I'm not focused on or worried about what they think, I do a better job of taking care of myself. I make more of an effort to eat better or workout and I do things I enjoy. When you don't feel good on the inside, you don't really worry about the outside. I hope that makes sense...

It's not about the weight. I mean the weight affects other aspects of my life, don't get me wrong, and it sucks. But at the core, it's hard for me to work on the weight when I'm not happy with the basics in my life.

So, I guess I just thought maybe that could help someone else besides just me. For some people there might not be anything else going on but for others there might be. If it's hard for you to stay on track, is there anything else in your life that contributes to that? Sometimes your mind just isn't in the game but why is that? What else are you thinking about, struggling with that shifts your focus or zaps your mental or physical energy?

I might be way off base but like I said, I just thought I'd share on the chance that it could help someone else.

Have a great day!

P.S. I'm Erin and I'm currently listening to Adele because she's amazing!
snackyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:25 AM   #2  

Hi Erin
wishing you best on your journey of discovery. Welcome to 3FC. Hope you find good support here.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
friendship, happiness, mental health, support