Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 11:03 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up October 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-30-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:22 AM   #2  

Diana Thank-you for this thread. It's been a lifeline for getting back on track.

Today had a lot of food minefields. I dodged them, I'm happy to say Calories were 1600, rough estimate.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Sundove; 10-01-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:25 AM   #3  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Diana,

I didn't have chance to check-in yesterday, but I've just written my last post on the September thread. Hoping everyone has a great October with lots of successful weight loss!! Good luck to you all!
Old 10-01-2016, 01:51 AM   #4  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Greetings and for all!

Well my Friday night kinda sucked. I had to spend the night meeting two deadlines. I'm happy to be done! My brain is fried but I downed too much caffeine earlier to fall asleep now. I really need to lay off all these drugs.

Snapple - Am I exercising...Hmm, does getting out of bed count? No, not getting much done in that area, just a drop. So the inches lost surprised me. The numbers do accurately reflect how I've started feeling though. I've started to recognize my body again. I have my basic shape back, just bigger than what's my norm. I know those Green Giant saucy numbers. I like those too. Oh, you don't wanna get me started on iron! That brings out my lives-in-a-bunker voice, saying, "What the establishment doesn't want you to know..." Long story but I'm recovering from anemia, so iron-deficiency has become a pet issue of mine. That's weird about the low percentage listed on the spinach packages. Afaik, that's the percentage of iron in raw spinach, but cooked spinach has significantly more. Keep in mind though that non-heme iron, like the kind in spinach, is absorbed far, far less than heme iron (in animal products). You don't wanna end up like me! It's no bueno.

Monte - Oh man, sorry about that. I hope you're feeling better about it now. We all have our moments like that. It's possible your body really needed those extra calories too.

Diana - What movie did you and DH watch? (So long as its title isn't too raunchy for us. ) Did you like it? I still need to check out War Room.

Zonie - Wow, well done in Sept!

Flower - Hey, you.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome everyone!

Sundove Great job avoiding the minefields!

Fat in Hong Kong I hope you have a successful month, too!

Chunkahlunkah The other week I watched War Room alone. I wanted my DH to watch it, too. So we watched it together last night. DH liked it too. Great job meeting those deadlines. I hope you were able to sleep well.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1, 2, & 3

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 171.6 (I am hoping yesterday was my last day of TTOM, we'll see how today goes)
Down: .8

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi everybody

Way to go on dodging those food mines sundove!

Chunka I had forgotten about that heme and non heme stuff- totally forgotten! Seems I read a new food fact every day. I enjoy it though because I find it motivating to eat the right things then. Like that old "Eat this, not that" kinda thing... reading and learning about nutrition is fun.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #7  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

So, I'm on the kind of bc pill where I don't get my period every month. It's every 3 months instead. Well, I should say it's *supposed* to be every three months. That didn't stop my body from having a period last month though, even though I'm not slated to have one until the end of this month. And, since yesterday, it feel like my body is either having a phantom one or is prepping for another. I'm so crampy. I hope this passes w/o an actual period starting. I'm slightly up on the scale today, and I know it's from this pms crampy activity going on. I ate very low calorie yesterday (too low), and nothing that would've caused water retention. Being a woman makes weight loss so much more complicated.

Diana - I've gotta check out War Room! I think today. Thanks for the deadline congrats. I love what I'm studying which makes the work feel anywhere from bearable to enjoyable, but the neverending big projects can get exhausting. Still, I'd rather do this than many other things.

snapple - I'm a huge Eat This, Not That fan too!! Yeah, in the past I'd hear about the heme thing, but not pay it much mind. Most people are probably fine with a diet focused on non-heme iron. I'm likely genetically predisposed to anemia. And spinach certainly does the trick for kelijpa, another poster in this thread. She eats more of that the week she's donating blood, and she has the iron levels of a goddess.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 10/1/16

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well today!

I just have time for a short post today.

WI 203.0, up .6, probably from the cottage cheese I ate when I got home from karaoke. I have to take my sleep aid with food. So, I saved a lat night snack for that.

Plan for today- calories 1,198; carbs 81; fat 45; protein 125; sodium 2,238; sugar 32.

Exercise - none, recovery day.

October goals - to lose 8 pounds for the month. Exercise - to add a day of cardio. So, I hope to do 4 days of cardio and 3 days of strength training.

Sending positive vibes to everyone for a great weekend!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Diana thanks for the thread

Did a little reading and think I'm caught up...Chunkalunkah thanks for the kind words, brought a smile to my face, that's an odd little expression, isn't it? Where else would the smile be.

We went to the rail trail today, it's 4 miles, felt a little hard today, I really noticed that I missed my stretches yesterday and today. There was an article on facebook, Prevention, about stretches to do before bed, half of them were the ones I do in the morning, no wonder it's hard for me to get motivated to go to work Just watched the last few minutes of the Tennessee/Georgia college football game, it was pretty exciting, back and forth.

Just wanted to check in, started the month at 181.5, hoping to be solidly back in the 170s by the end of the month.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 10-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

This was a super busy day. I'm putting in a driveway extension from 1 lane to 2 lane. I was all responsible and adult about it and called ahead and had the utility companies come out to mark so I wouldn't damage anything while digging it out with the tractor. About 30 minutes into the job we destroy the water supply line to my house. So annoying. Took us forever to get it fixed, so we ended up not being able to finish the driveway prep before the mosquitos came out at dusk. So we'll have to finish up tomorrow. I am so worn out from all the digging and raking and lifting heavy chunks of concrete. Definitely not going to lift this weekend, don't have the energy. But I do have over 16,000 steps so far, so that is something.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:30 PM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I hope your day is going well.

Snapple Hi

Chunkahlunkah Back in the day I took the BC pill straight through so I wouldn't have a TTOM, unless it still started on it's own. Back then, that was the best solution the Dr. could come up with to help in my situation. How you are describing, I felt like that just about the entire 4 months since I had my last TTOM. I'm hoping today is my last day of TTOM this time. Since I started this time and it's getting to the end, I'm currently not having the PMS symptoms.

Zoniegirl Good luck with your weight loss goals for the month.

Kelijpa Great job on the 4 miles!

MonteCristo I admire you for doing that type work. Sounds awfully hard to me. Great job with the steps! That's awesome.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1510 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )

Organic Valley Vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream, sugar/stevia

Lunch (450 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 450 calories

Dinner (800 calories)
Shared w/DH Amy's Meals for Two - Tortellini with Mushrooms & Peas in Cream Sauce 370 calories
seared sea scallops 160 calories
sugar snap peas 100 calories
blueberry Greek Yogurt parfait 170 calories

Exercise:
2 mile outdoor walk w/friend from church, it got really hot so we stopped at that point.
Later I went by the shop and did TF Hiit 20
Old 10-02-2016, 07:47 AM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1520 +
Weigh In: 172 (TTOM - hopefully yesterday was my last day of this nonsense)
Up: .4

Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2016, 07:47 AM   #14  

Morning Everyone
Thanks Diana & Snapple!
This will be a quick check in--long drive ahead of me winding through the redwoods on a rainy morning. Fall is really here.
Yesterday cals somewhere btwn 1600-1700 cals
B Breakfast sandwich minus the English muffin, coffee with splash of protein shake
L store-bought chef salad, string cheese stick
S tofu cubes
D tri tip, asparagus coated in parmesan, spinach salad

Back home to routine WOE today. I made good choices on this trip. Sometimes after a period of challenges, I get into crazy eating choices, once I relax my vigilance. I'm feeling strong and enjoying the freedom from food-guilt though. And I'd like that scale number drop.

Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited by Sundove; 10-02-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

HI everyone.

Diana your diet plan sounds good and is helping me with ideas I wasn't much of a calorie counter before but my eyes have been opened and I pay more attention now, that stuff does add up!

Scale is still at a stand still. Sometimes I feel as if I must restrict so so much just to lose a pound.

Chunka I hope you will be feeling better today and your bc works as it's supposed to.
I have an asparagus craving today. I think it will be a week of even more vegetables
Closed Thread