Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #1  

Exclamation Am I delusional with reverse BDD or are they trolls?

I posted my progress photo on reddit and people were saying I look the exact same size as my before photo. I know I've lost close to forty pounds and inches off everywhere on my body.

Am I delusional in thinking there is a big difference or? Do I still look the same basically?

Please be honest and don't troll. Are people there just being hateful or am I really the crazy fat girl who thinks she looks good now but still looks obese? Please remove the spaces from the link below.

s15. postimg. org/4dqlu6ti3/weight_loss2.jpg

Or you can click on my profile and check out my album.

Last edited by Elven; 09-26-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Elven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Hey, it looks like you lost weight, but maybe people are expecting a larger transformation.

You still look the same, but smaller. You did not look obese before and you don't look obese now.

Are you also weight lifting?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
Hey, it looks like you lost weight, but maybe people are expecting a larger transformation.

You still look the same, but smaller. You did not look obese before and you don't look obese now.

Are you also weight lifting?

I am not yet exercising. I am slowly transitioning into a more active lifestyle because that is more achievable for me. As opposed to going all out and then getting burnt out. I have been doing a high carb and low fat vegan/vegetarian diet for four months now. I've lost about 40 lbs, which translates to 3 inches off of my waist, 2 off my hips (my butt doesn't really shrink like the rest of me) and 3 off my chest. So, I know I am losing weight, and 3 inches is actually a lot I think.

My clothes are fitting a lot better/really loose now. I have more energy, and over all I feel amazing. It just sucks because when I was bigger, I didn't realize how big I actually was. I was always trying to hide it and being delusional about it. So, I'm just worried that I'm an idiot right now.

Thank you for the kind response.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #4  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I can definitely see a big difference. Nice work!

I think it can be hard to imagine what 40 pounds looks like, since the difference in appearance that would make depends on other factors, like starting weight/bmi and natural body composition.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #5  

I think you do look like you've lost quite a bit of weight. But to be honest, it feels almost like the final photo isn't doing you justice, there's too much contrast when compared with the before photo due to lighting, the clothes and partially the make-up and hair (the lighting seems to be exaggerating it quite a bit, though). You're creating a lot of strong horizontal lines that weren't there on the first photo, too. The picture's fine when standing alone, but when comparing to the less dramatic before, the difference could get a bit lost on first sight because the brightness and contrast sort of pulls the eye much more strongly (when you look properly, it IS very obvious you've lost the weight, though). I decided to take weekly photos of my progress (not much progress so far, though ) and it feels like I register as smaller in soft, fuzzy light like you have on the first one, than I do when all the edges get so crisp with sharper lighting, even if I like how it looks better. I do hope when I get done I'll be able to clean up the discrepancies, though

Last edited by Ameline; 09-27-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/223.6/165

Height: 5'6"

I see a big difference as well. You look very similar but definitely slimmer.
NurseBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

You look much smaller, especially the legs!!! I definitely see a big difference, face looks different too.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #8  

Thank you so much for your kind responses ladies. It really means a lot to me.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

You can definitely tell a difference, maybe people are expecting some drastic change when you say 40lbs. Personally I feel your pain, I carry weight very evenly, I also lose it that way so it's never a huge omg difference in one area. Keep up the great work, you look great.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, you look like you have lost - good work for you! Sometimes we lose weight and it's in the strangest places but it makes up for total lost (i.e. my fingers or feet are some places I loose from). You look flatter through the upper chest and trimmer round the waist and hips. Keep up the good work.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/207/132 -- 98/94/60

Height: 5'6" -- 168cm

You're definitely trimmer, you look great so don't feed those nasty trolls !!!
Kailou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

They are trolling you. You look great! Congrats!
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/185.5/168

Height: 5'10.5

There is a huge difference!! It's so obvious. Keep ya head up and keep going! x
lisbeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/233/150

Height: 5'2

you look quite slimmer! I think they said theres not much difference because your boobs look the same size in the pics (good on you!) but the rest of you is definitely slimmer! GOOD JOB!
little_lost_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #15  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Reddit is full of trolls, you don't need their validation. You know what's happening with your body Congrats on the weightloss!!!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote