Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #331  

Hi all! I'm still very busy with my projects, so I don't have much time to watch this thread, but I try Today was a bit of an odd day as my granddad managed to get a whole-house power outage by drilling through a wire in a wall. Thankfully nothing happened to him. He always checks for these things, very cautious person, but he's getting a bit forgetful lately... He said it will take him maybe until tomorrow when he'd get the power running. As I have all my plans on my computer, I decided on a "cheat" day - not to pig out, but to eat what I feel like eating mostly. I managed to work up a grand craving for sushi when he (un)luckily got the power up and running again. So I checked how much my favorite sushi roll is in calories. I double checked it. I triple checked it. Then decided not to have a beer with dinner that I have in my plan and get it instead. I never realized it's so low! Could have had 8 beers for the price, though... Czech Republic, where beer is almost cheaper than water and mostly really good Well, I ended up skipping the rest of the dinner because I found the sushi very filling, but I don't think that's much of a problem. I'm going to sleep early today (5 hours sooner than yesterday) because I discovered I don't have the materials I need and with the deadline looming, I can't afford that much down time. Got some exercise down, though.

Chunkahlunkah: I made an appointment with the doctor today to check if I'm not missing something. I'm afraid of coming across as a hypochondriac, though. Anyway, I've heard that what you describe can be attributed to water. Apparently on a low intake the lost fat tends to get compensated by extra water and increasing the intake helps to release it. Not sure if it's your case, though, the intake you talk about sounds really super low and I wouldn't discard the possibility that the body just tries to hang on to everything it can...

NinaB: Hi, I'm glad to see you back With every fall you recover from you learn something about yourself and how to stay on track better. Good luck

Zoniegirl: You're good for realizing all that in time and having enough awareness to do something about it. Snacks also never lasted long in my cupboard for long, I would never buy more than I'm ready to eat that moment, unless it's high-quality chocolate - I enjoy that too much, paradoxically, to eat all at once. I'm also in the boat of probably not completing my September challenge. Still losing, but slower than I anticipated, but honestly, I probably set my goal too high to begin with. 8 is a lot in a month, 5 sound more reasonable, actually.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Hello folks! 2 days posting tonight. Thanks to everyone for their support this week. I am really enjoying this group! Richard Simmons is scheduled to arrive here via UPS tomorrow, so this weekend we’re beginning “Sweating to the Oldies” in Alabama!

9/20/16
Tuesday’s snapshot
Total 925 Calories

Breakfast (263 calories)
2 slices bacon
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch (212 calories)
3 oz chuck pot roast
½ cup boiled cabbage
Apple

Dinner (382 calories)
½ cup chicken fajita filling only
¼ cup vegetable fajita filling only
¼ cup queso cheese
¼ cup Mexican rice
2 tbsp homemade salsa
10 tortilla Chips

Snacks (68 calories)
20 muscadines

9/21/16
Wednesday’s snapshot
Total 1074 Calories

Breakfast (263 calories)
2 slices bacon
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch (336 calories)
5 oz grilled chicken
side salad, no cheese
Kraft ranch dressing

Dinner (424 calories)
½ parmesan crusted chicken breast, baked
½ cup fresh steamed broccoli

Snacks (51 calories)
15 muscadines

Leanne~
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #333  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Ameline - I didn't know you live in the Czech Republic. What a beautiful country! I'm a travel nut who hasn't gotten to do nearly as much travelling as I'd like. But I look at travel vids and books a lot. I agree, Czech beer is awesome.

I hope you don't worry about coming off as a hypochondriac with your dr. It's totally reasonable to mention that you've been feeling very tired, and since you give blood you think it would be smart to know your iron numbers. I hope all is good there, but if you are low, you'll know and be able to feel better.

Mmm, sushi...

That's very interesting about water replacing fat until more calories are eaten, definitely something I'll read up on, thank you.

Leanne - The way you phrased that had me picturing Richard jumping out of the delivery box ala a giant cake. I've always liked him in interviews, so I can understand someone enjoying his special charm. I hope you have a good time with the workout!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-21-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #334  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Sorry I have been MIA for the past month. I could not log onto the site on my tablet and was unable to use my computer after my surgery.

The panniculectomy has made a huge difference in my life! People are amazed when they see me. Unfortunately, I developed a staph infection and have to go back into surgery tomorrow to drain and rinse it out. UGH. But soon this will all be a memory

Hope to get caught up on my reading soon, and pray all of you are doing well.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #335  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

This will be a quick one.

Misti Praying for a speedy recovery for you.

NinaB
I'm so glad you are back and you are not throwing in the towel. Hang in there. Some days are really tough but you can do it.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled beef patty & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump - combined workouts w/15's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #336  
Shorty getting fit

Misti - I hope you're feeling all better soon.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #337  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I didn't get to ride my bike or anything tonight...but tomorrow we're going to ride 20 miles

dinner: omaha steak burger patty, reduced fat swiss, wholly guacamole single, steamed broccoli
snack: extra fancy mixed nuts

calories might be too low today, and they were too low the last couple days so I think there might be something to the idea that it causes water retention...because the scale has gone up instead of down and I'm eating very cleanly. I'll have to figure out what to do to make sure I get more calories...
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #338  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks for the good wishes. Have to admit this has not been the easiest thing in the world. I sure will be glad when it is over.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #339  

Hi Misti, So good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about the infection. Wishing you a super speedy recovery. Are you getting in some good reading time?

MonteCristo Ugh I hate those IOS updates. I'm still annoyed with the previous one and have been stalling on this one. I'm the same way with worry about oversleeping. I totally rely on that phone alarm to sleep soundly even though I can wake up on my own. I hope the glitch gets ironed out.

Zoniegirl You've got this. It's a long experiment of trying different things, sometimes only to demonstrate that the original plan works best. The getting back on track over and over is more important than the scale goal, imo. Five lbs in a month is lot to lose in a month. It's good that you are aware of the binge-restrict cycle. Looks like you kicked it today! WTG!

Syckgirlsfv Bravo for sticking to your plan! That fickle scale WILL drop. Your work has been super busy for a while--hope it lets up.

Amaline Sounds like you had a day! But a nice roundabout outcome in that you enjoyed sushi. Hope your appt goes well. It doesn't sound like you are a hypochondriac and I would not let the doctor dismiss you legitimate concern.

Sot's Mom Yay for Sweating to the Oldies. I hope it isn't too hot in Alabama right now--you'll be sweating enough with Richard--he doesn't mess around!

Chunkalunkah I just got the chance to read your iron post--thank-you for that great info. I'm glad you're recovering now. It's a hard lesson but a good one, what you said about listening to our bodies.

Your calorie experiment is interesting. And fantastic that you are discovering the most efficient way to lose. And even better still that it doesn't require uber restriction. I actually like super lowcalories because it suppresses my appetite. But then comes the urges to binge, so it doesn't work well in the big picture. I've read somewhere (that sounded reputable) that weight is more likely based on weekly calorie intake than daily.

Diana I've gotta check out War Room. Hope you aren't working too hard.

Check in feeling a bit stuffed, about 1400 cals
B omelet with 1 egg, some egg white, sauteed cabbage, coffee/protein shake
L half of a roast chicken from Whole Foods, yam
D casserole that is meant to be pizza-like, only no cheese or crust, lol.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-21-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #340  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, banana, apricot vanilla tea w/half and half
L: leftover chicken soup, one babybel cheese
S: little bag of nuts from Trader Joes, coffee w/cream
D: three flautas, some more nuts
D: one pumpkin pie mochi (Trader Joe's), mint tea

Did my walking today. It's getting easier. I had some coffee this afternoon, but it did sort of bother me. I had some annoying palpitations about an hour later. I think I'll be limiting my coffee intake to an occasional cup in the afternoon.

Misti Sorry to hear about the staph infection. Sounds rough. I hope your surgery goes well.

Kelijpa That's a good point about the water. I have also noticed that I am getting more of my water when I drink tea. I'm definitely liking the way I feel when I drink tea versus coffee.

Have a great day everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:25 AM   #341  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Good morning, apparently 3fc doesn't like my posts always beginning the same...calling it a duplicate, oh well, adaptation is key to survival right

NinaB great job coming back after a few days, years ago I would be gone for weeks, months, but I always came back, better sooner than later.

Chunkalunkah thanks for the info, I'll look at the results again, I think it was hemoglobin... ETA: years ago WW had a basic amount they recommended, it was a selection plan back then, anyway, they had 3 levels basic, eat more and eat less, the difference was adding or subtracting a protein and bread I think, I always lost more when I followed the eat more plan, so great to find what works better for you. I try to look at tracking food, exercise, etc. as gathering data, looking for trends and adjusting. It's definitely more fun and rewarding looking at this data than the stuff at work

MonteCristo/Sundove I had to look up the suit as well, looks beautiful and comfortable, my niece's parents are from India, the wedding was mostly Indian traditions with an American ceremony included, it was over a few days, saw some amazing saris and suits, my niece had multiple changes each day.

Well, better get moving, I feel like I was going to respond to something else but it flew out of my head...

Diana

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-22-2016 at 06:31 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #342  

9/21

Weight - 141.6
Calories - 1052
Exercise - 9645 steps

Last edited by nicoley73; 09-22-2016 at 01:59 PM.
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #343  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Fall!

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
Nothing for this Morning, too sleepy and lazy feeling

I didn't mention this last night, but I thought TTOM had started but this morning I'm not so sure. I've got all the signs and symptoms but one. This morning I feel like a bloated, lazy, sleepy mess. No other explanation for the gain. I hope my menopause count down doesn't have to start all over. This year it has been 4 mos. between TTOM's.

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 173.6
Up: 1 pound

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-22-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #344  

Happy Autumn Equinox!
Diana I think there should be a day of national celebration for menopause. Seriously.

On a note of true confession I think I underestimated yesterday's cals, 16-1700 rather than 1400. And a lot of sodium in the store-bought rotisserie chicken. I didn't plan for my day that included massage therapy & dentist, 2 things that go best on an empty stomach. I thought to get a quick snack to tide me over from WF hot bar. But every darn dish they had included sugar and/or heavy cream. They have gone to the dark side! So I bought the rotisserie chicken. And ate more than intended of pizzaburger casserole--low carb at least. I'm pleased to be sticking to no refined carbs, & keeping dairy out, except the whey shake.

I skimmed a book about genes, food, and culture. The premise is that if you know your ethnicity, you should try to eat the traditional foods because your body is probably adapted to thrive on those things. Easier said than done to know this, let alone know it with certainty. But it's fun & entertaining to me---key ingredients of a successful WOE! I sent in a sample to a commercial genetic ancestry place and am awaiting my results. I already have an idea of what I will get from having it done it for my mother. I think there will be middle eastern food in my future.

Last edited by Sundove; 09-22-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #345  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
calories might be too low today, and they were too low the last couple days so I think there might be something to the idea that it causes water retention...because the scale has gone up instead of down and I'm eating very cleanly.
It's crazy, isn't it? I hope the scale moves down for you soon! I know it can be frustrating and perplexing being certain your calorie count is correct and not getting the expected result.

Sundove - Thank you. I do feel much better. I'd say I'm about 50% to my "normal." I hope that when all is said and done I end up exceeding what I had thought was my normal energy level since my teens. Recovery hasn't been totally linear though, which can be a drainer on my morale. Some days I'm fine and other days I'm in a coma again. It's frustrating. I also can't exert much energy physically yet w/o paying an unpleasant price. The idea that weight loss is based on a chunk of time like a week is very sensible to me. I wonder if the week or so creates the deficit, and then the body either chooses to let the correct drop happen (when daily calorie intake lets it know we have the correct access to food) or fights it. Our bodies are so clever in keeping us alive. I did that same ancestry test a few years ago! I found the results very interesting! I also found it interesting what they're testing. I'd thought they were showing our genetic make-up in the sense that: if we have 1 parent from Norway and 1 from Italy, our genetic make-up is 50% of each. But it actually shows something much cooler than that imo! It shows the level of strength the genes are operating in us. So siblings with the same parents can show different results. I think there's definitely something to eating in harmony with the way our bodies did for thousands of years.

kelijpa - Most likely it was your hemoglobin. Your number is so beautiful to me. I really, really hope to have it someday! Technically, hemoglobin shows the amount of oxygen in our red blood cells, not our iron level. But doctors assume that if our hemoglobin is good, then our iron must be, since iron is an essential component in keeping our red blood cells oxygenated. That's a safe assumption. I think it's dangerous for them not to also test iron only when hemoglobin levels are low (or high). Low hemoglobin could indicate that iron levels have really tanked and need to be brought back up, and that when they are, the patient's hemoglobin will naturally reach a higher level where energy is optimal. Yet all those years, no doctor I had ordered an iron test after seeing my low hemoglobin. Jerks. It was only this summer when my symptoms were debilitating and my hemoglobin was at 10 that my dr ordered iron tests too. On those I saw that I'm basically iron-free. My iron levels were much, much lower than my hemoglobin had seemed to suggest. That's very interesting about how you lost more when eating the higher calorie option! We always hear about how sometimes you need to eat more to lose more, but it's really hit home for me lately how true that is. I also think it's true more often than not. After so much evolution designed to keep us alive, it makes sense that our bodies will most easily lose weight when it knows that doing so isn't contributing to our death. Not to say that we won't lose a ton of weight when eating low to no calories. There's only so much resistance a body can put up. If the calories simply aren't coming in, the weight will come off. I hear ya on analyzing this being more fun than work! I actually enjoy this so much, I've been using it as my reward after doing readings and assignments for school.

Diana - You crack me up!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-22-2016 at 10:24 AM.