Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2016, 09:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 9/1/16 update

Sassy - hi! Sounds like you had a very busy mini-vacation! Your chicken sausage sounds amazing.

FYML- Congrats on your August results!! That is amazing and so inspiring!

Hong Kong - glad to see you are keeping up with the Pilates. Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow, or Monday.

Monte - everyone needs a rest day, like you said. Glad you feel renewed and refreshed. Good luck on your new plan! I agree with your comments about living while on an eating plan. If I restrict too much, I'll get frustrated and will quit.

Flower - thanks for your comments and support! I'm not sure I have it all figured out, but I'm certainly giving it my best effort. I'm using my fitnesspal.com for the food and exercise log and Wonderslim, modified, for weight loss. I'll tell more about that below. Don't fret over the chocolate...two bites is better than a whole candy bar or binge.

Chunk - daily fluctuations are normal so long as there is a downward trend, right?

Diana - congrats on .6 loss!

Golda - welcome back!

Treasa - hi! Sounds like you've got a good plan.

Daily Log - 1,186 cal.; carbs 75g; fat 61g; protein 96g;sodium 2,133 mg; sugar 21g. WI up a .6 to 209.4, probably due to elimination issues which were resolved today.

Exercise- none, recovery day.

Feeling depressed because I went to salon today and stylist noticed my hair loss due to low cal diet on Medifast. Couldn't cut layers or do full highlights because of it. Suggested biotin and hair vitamin, noticed there are little sprouts of new hair growing in. So, maybe the supplements I started in mid-July are working. What a choice...fat with hair or thin with no hair! Hoping these are not my only options. I didn't think 8 pounds a month or 2 pounds a week was considered rapid weight loss.

Am also not sure about new plan, Wonderslim. Reading a lot about soy protein and potential problems with hormones, reproductive issues, increased risk of breast/uterine cancers, thyroid, etc. need to decide to order more food or not. Also, concerned re: processed nature of the food, lots of weird ingredients, chemicals, and high sodium. Started with packaged food because it is easy to prepare, easy to stick to plan. Downside is the expense. Not sure that packaged food plans are teaching me how to really eat, make a lifestyle change for good, etc. Enjoy being able to eat diet versions of pancakes, desserts, pretzels, other snacks, cookies, brownies, etc. That's why I was able to stick with the plans. But, now I'm not sure. Advice?

Sorry for the long post, but as you can see I'm having issues today. Thanks for reading and supporting me.

Last edited by Zoniegirl; 09-01-2016 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Not finished
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #17  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default Friday 2nd Sept ~ First Week's Weigh-in ...

Hopped on the scales this morning for my first weigh-in, after 5 days of eating healthily ... and I'm down 4lbs! I'm very pleased with that! Fingers crossed that next week's weigh-in will be good too ... I'm determined to do this!! No fat 'Mother-of-the-Groom' here!

Golda & Treasa ~ Hi to you both!

Sundove ~ Enjoy your break!

MonteCristo ~ Time ... where does it go? Only seems like yesterday that it was Christmas, and now it's nearly time to start planning for the next one! Did you go back to eating more carbs yesterday? ... Perhaps that's why you were feeling hungry, even though you increased your calories. They always have that effect on me, an hour or two after I eat them, I feel bloated ... and hungry. I do love carbs, but I feel much better when I don't eat so many. I guess they affect people in different ways ...

FYML ~ WOW! Well done on your 12lbs loss for August! That's absolutely brilliant!! Keep up the good work!

Be back later to post today's food ... Have a good Friday everyone!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #18  

Zoniegirl ~ Just noticed your post after I'd posted. I can understand you feeling depressed about the hair loss. My hair is thinning too, but I think that's more down to being 'a woman of a certain age', rather than my diet. It's good that you've noticed new hair growth appearing, so it should return to it's former glory. I wouldn't call your weigh loss drastic ... don't they say a loss of 1-2lbs a week is a healthy loss to aim for? Perhaps you need to look more closely at the kind of eating plan you are following. I know that not everyone is suited to following a plan where they have to decide, and cook from scratch, everything that they choose to eat, but I am very dubious about 'Manufactured' diet plans, where it's all planned for you, and often with added processed ingredients. And certainly, anything with a hint of any of the potential side effects that you mentioned, I would steer clear of ... it's not worth the risk. Eating a healthy balanced diet should give us all the vitamins and minerals that we need to stay healthy ... we shouldn't need anything extra, unless of course we have any specific medical issues. I have no idea what Medifast, or Wonderslim, is but if there's any doubt about what's gone into it, or side effects from the ingredients, then I'd personally look into other more healthy eating plans. Just my thoughts ... I know we are all different, and what suits one, doesn't suit all ... but hair loss, and other side effects shouldn't be a part of a healthy eating plan enabling us to lose weight and reach our goals. I hope you find something suitable that you're happy with.

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 09-02-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Anyone in the way of hurricane Hermine? I pray it doesn't get too bad for us. DH plans of opening the shop but closing early.

Zoniegirl Great job on your day. The pool and hot tub sounds like an awesome treat.

Fat in Hong Kong
Great job with the Pilates class.

Flower I'm curious if the legs up the wall would help with my edema. I'm going to try it a few times a week to see how it goes. Thank you for the link. I will take a look. Can you play music or a podcast while you exercise?

Kelijpa Sorry about the lost post. How are you feeling on WW?

Chunkahlunkah
I have gotten thirsty like that with crab legs. That's an awful feeling. Maybe take out some of the broth and replace with water. You can freeze the broth to use later.

Golda Welcome back.

Sundove
Thank you for asking about Brandon. Please continue with the prayers for him. He is still in the hospital. They got the fever under control but it has happened twice since. Today it went up even higher and the nurse was talking about bring the Dr. in. Hopefully he will start improving. I hope you are enjoying your stay.

MonteCristo I agree with time flying. I think it seems to go faster with each year.

Treasa Welcome back. Since I have limited space, I'm worried that I wouldn't use the trampoline. Literally no space. I don't mind legs up the wall, jumping rope, etc. They don't take up space.

Sassypants HI It's good to see you.

FYML Congrats on your weight loss in August!

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

Turbo Kick Round 35
Old 09-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #21  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default September 1st

Today was on point but under my planned calories as I started to feel sick to my stomach and was super nausea so I didn't eat everything I prepped for today. Today I had 896 calories of clean healthy food which is lower than planned but if I am not hungry, I am not going to eat! I did 30 mins of straight cardio on the treadmill today and got in 13,000+ steps. I have my weigh in on Saturday and I will update my ticker then! Tomorrow I am going to indulge in a grilled chicken burger with gravy as I feel I earned it with my August results. Could throw off my Saturday weigh in but this is my fav meal from my fav restaurant! I will take off the top half of the bun and get salad with no dressing instead of fries though! It is all about balance after all !
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:59 AM   #22  

Just came to tell
Diana that I am thinking of you with Hermine. I hope you are spared her fury.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #23  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Safe wishes for all in the South. Good news that Hermine has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm.

I'm back to my lowest weight so far during this weight loss experience, 149.8. Hopefully this time I'll break through lower too! I wasn't sure if I'd lose today because I ate a lot more calories than I usually do yesterday (around 2,000). They were all clean calories that I don't regret eating, except I did eat two Milano cookies. I haven't eaten a non-homemade cookie in months. They were alright. Eating clean for so long has definitely decreased my liking for processed foods.

Diana - That's a great idea to freeze some of the broth and replace with water. I'm going to do exactly that, thank you!

Zoniegirl - You are so right about the downward trend being what matters. I'm on a very slow, drawn out downward trend. I'm losing slowly but I prefer it this way. Well, most of the time I do, but occasionally I get frustrated with the pace. The benefits outweigh the negatives for me though. I've spent far more of my life at or near my goal weight than I've spent at the weight where I am now. I'm basically eating like I would in maintenance. My weight loss definitely loves a two-pound loss, one-pound gain kind of dance though. That can get tedious, but it comes with the slow-loss, I guess.

I'm really sorry about your hair loss. That's fantastic news that the stylist spotted sprouts of new hair! I was losing more hair than normal a couple of months ago, but it seems to have stopped. For me, I don't know if that was due to weight loss or anemia.

For choosing a way of eating, that is a tough call. Do you like to cook and have time to do so? If yes to both of those, I think constructing your own foods would be best. I know it's a challenge though. I hope you find a path that feels right, and inspires you to feel hope and confidence in long-term success. I don't think the "best" ways to lose weight are always the best ways for us as individuals, at every point in our life. Please don't put too much pressure on yourself. Maybe Wonderslim would be good for a few months, to build up a routine with portion sizes?

Nichola - I'm intrigued by you living in Hong Kong! I'm a travel nut. If you ever feel like sharing stories about your daily life there, I will read any and all details with delight. Well done with pilates! Enjoy your rest day. The time difference does make this a little tricky. I guess your rest day is already over? I hope you enjoyed it then!

FYML - Enjoy your favorite meal! Life wouldn't be complete w/o celebrations like that. Phenomenal work in August! I know you'll rock out Sept too.

I hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-02-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:53 AM   #24  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing) Legs Up the wall for 10 minutes
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.8
No Change

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm off work until Tuesday, so probably won't have as much time to post. Had a great workout last night. Carbs make it easier to lift.

Zoniegirl...I have the same concerns about overly processed food. First off, it doesn't even taste right to me, second, if I don't know what it is I'm not sure I want to eat it, and finally, like you said, it doesn't really teach you how to eat. Have you ever just tried calorie counting?
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

Hey everyone

Zoniegirl: You might want to try taking silica gel. I used to take it and know it really does stimulate hair growth. Have a read up on it and see if you think its right for you!
Had a reasonable day considering I got really sick in the afternoon. I wanted to make it a low carb day, unfortunately however because I started feeling so sick I had to take pain relievers which required me to eat some bread.
Never mind, not a big deal! Now feeling a lot better.
One of the major things as well as diet that I need to work on is behavioural changes, one really important one for me is GOING TO BED EARLY!! Sometimes end up sleeping at like 2/3 am! (I start work at midday)
Anyhow good news is I'm in bed already and its 11 pm on a friday night haha!
I am in Sydney Australia btw for anyone wondering about the strange time zone.
Have an awesome day friends!
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #27  

Default Today's Food ~ 2nd September

Had a bit of an unplanned day today ... needed to cancel my hair appointment (and manicure!) as one of our dogs is not well, so I had to take her to see the vet. He thinks it's probably just a gastric bug that she's picked up, so hopefully the meds will kick in, and he says she should be feeling much better by tomorrow ... if she's not any better in couple of days I need to take her back. Hopefully, she'll be fine.

Consequently, I missed having a proper lunch today, so while I haven't really overeaten, I've not eaten particularly well!

Today's Food ...

Breakfast ~ Overnight Oats made with Almond Milk, with Apple & Cinnamon
Lunch ~ Missed it! ... Had a slice of Healthy Banana & Seed Bread made by a friend
Friday Treat ~ 50g Dark Chocolate with Ginger & Lime
Dinner ~ Small Selection of Cheese, Sliced Pear, Vegetable Sticks, (Husband not home for dinner tonight so I didn't cook!)

Diana ~ Hope all is well with you, and glad to hear that the storm has been downgraded!

Chunkahlunkah ~ Great job on being back to your lowest of 149.8! Hong Kong is certainly an interesting place to live, and a great base for being able to visit other places, as there are so many other countries not too far away. It's the kind of place though that you either love it, or hate it. But even most of the haters find that it grows on them after a while ... it gets under your skin, if you know what I mean! We'll probably be here until my husband retires ... and then we have absolutely no idea where we're going to end up living! We often discuss it, but end up changing our mind every few months!

Golda ~ You're closer to my time zone then ... we're both ready for bed on the same day!

Saturday tomorrow! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 09-02-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #28  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Teleworking today, so a little off my routine.

Diana hope Hermine is gentle to you. I'm feeling good on WW, I lost 0.2 this week, this past weekend I went to my mom's and then with her to my brother's to see a friend's kids in a play. It normally would have been a few pound gain for sure, just had me thinking a little more about choices I made. Funny, I always have a Klondike bar when I'm at my parents' when I was at the store I was scanning a bunch of ice cream treats to see what the points were, a Klondike is 12 almost half your daily points when I was at my parents I had a Popsicle instead, it was good and only 4 points. A lot of times on the way home on a long drive I'll talk myself into a McDonald's frappe frozen drink, you know just to keep me awake , I kept thinking what the points must be and ended up not stopping, I just looked it up a small Carmel frappe is 23 points, wow, frappe it was nice knowing you I routinely go over my weekly allowance, but am still losing, so I'm ok with that for now. It also got me back into getting in 10k steps a day, you get fit points for exercise. Anyway, I better get back to work. Thanks for listening

I read an article recently that was about not always saying you're sorry. Like instead of saying I'm sorry for being late, saying thank you for waiting for me. I thought it was pretty interesting. So instead of saying sorry for rambling on, I'm saying thanks for reading/listening so next time I have a hormone surge I'll say to DH thanks for putting up with my mood swings instead of sorry for being such a b!!ch

Hope everyone has a great day and happy Labor Day if you celebrate, best to all

Zoniegirl maybe you could try mixing in some home made things with your pre-packaged things, have some for convenience, they were talking about some sites with recipes at our meeting yesterday, one was skinny kitchen another is hungry girl, maybe you could find recipes for meals that you really like of the packaged stuff that you can make yourself. There are recipe forums on 3fc, too. Best of luck

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-02-2016 at 09:40 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #29  

Hi! I'm Nicole - 43 years old, mom of two, looking to lose 20 pounds. I'm trying to be consistent with my calorie counting and I'm hoping this group will help. I'm hoping to post my calories, exercise and weight everyday.

9/1
Weight: 146.0
Calories: 1348
Exercise: OrangeTheory and 12,603 steps

My calorie goal is 1200 and my exercise goal is a minimum of 10000 steps. I'm hoping to get down to 140 by then end of the month.
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #30  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
So instead of saying sorry for rambling on, I'm saying thanks for reading/listening so next time I have a hormone surge I'll say to DH thanks for putting up with my mood swings instead of sorry for being such a b!!ch

I like that "thank you instead of sorry" thing. I'm going to try that out.

Great job with mindful food choices!

Nichola - I understand changing your mind on where to live after retirement. There are so many interesting, appealing places in the world. I'm strongly considering teaching English overseas for a year or so after I finish my master's. I'll most likely go to Asia. I'm excited but a little scared! I hope your fur baby feels better soon.

Monte - I'm glad the carbs are giving you more rewarding workouts. I think that increase was a great call. Have a wonderful long weekend!

Golda - Ooh, Sydney! Another place I want to visit. Good job getting into bed earlier. I know how hard that change can be. I hope you get a good sleep.

nicoley- Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with your goals!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-02-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote