Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #1  

Default Am I too fat?

Hi All - I have struggled with self image issues my entire life and it has adversely affected all areas of my life. I found yoga a couple years ago which transformed my life in many which ways - I started doing better at work, traveling and exploring the world, confidently meeting new ppl etc. But the one area that I didn't really make dramatic changes to is my dating life...other than some casually dating I haven't done much. I am finally meeting someone who I really like and could potentially turn to be something big...but this whole self image issue raises its ugly head again. I cant believe how ridiculous I am being right now, but I need some positive affirmation. Attaching my picture from this morning at the store...do I look fat?
newyorkbabe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #2  

ugh unable to add attachments!
newyorkbabe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #3  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I understand your feelings and have struggled with them at times myself.

That said...snap out of it! *friendly slap*

I don't even need to see your picture. "Too fat"? Too fat for what? To be loved and for a partner to find you attractive? Well, sure, there will be some people out there who are only attracted to a thinner body type, but there will also be plenty attracted to how you are now. And apparently this guy is one of them.

I know it's hard to grasp for ourselves and easier to say to others, but the truth is perfection isn't needed. Being yourself and confident in yourself and open to others is what's most attractive. Some extra weight does not render you undesirable to all partners, but it may to yourself. And if it does, that's what you've gotta work on. Understand that you're a catch just as you are.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #4  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Hey there newyorkBABE!!

First and foremost it all has to do with attitude.
I have know two ladies... each are large women.
HOWEVER!! One has a picture of herself on FB in a bikini and is proud.
The other has dated several men and not just for an evening, unless she wasn't interested.

Each lady is at least 350 or so...

It all has to do with ATTITUDE! (wow that rhymes )

One more thing ... you gave yourself the name newyorkBABE!! So, live up to it -- YOU ARE A BABE!!

BelovedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote