Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:30 PM   #301  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 25th

Today wasn't good food wise again! Work is killing me! Today there was brownies with whipped cream, gummy candies, more chips, another box of donuts, muffins cheese cake and ice cream !!! It was awful. I broke and had an ice cream but none of the other treats. Other than that, my food was pretty on point for 1, 077 calories. I did cardio on the treadmill as a work out today and got in 11,000+ steps. I have planned a healthy day for work tomorrow so hopefully it goes well!

BW: The scale was saying 197.8 this morning so 2.8 to go for me! I really need to stay on point food wise! Good luck to you! I hope all is going well for you!!
Old 08-25-2016, 11:41 PM   #302  

Hi Everyone kstep
It's getting busy on here-I love it! Thank-you for all the kind words of support.

Diana Thanks for the update about Brandon. Hope Friday flies by for you--esp. the early morning!

MonteCristo I'm glad you're feeling better. Migraines are not for sissies. Are you able yet to talk about your sister's engagement? It sounds like you have a meaningful goal to help you stay on track.

Chunkalunkah I hope you're feeling better. Get better first and then the weight thing will even out. Fwiw, my experience is that all bets are off with the scale when there's an infection.

kelijpa I'm glad one of us is doing the wall stretch! I have tight calves so it isn't me Nice job with getting the walks in at work.

JesikaBeth It's great to see you back. I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been dealign with. I hope your mother is progressing well. And that you are getting some time & space to take care of yourself.

Flower First off, congrats on the weight being 'not too scary' & keeping your cals low. And getting the exercise in! I have to get in a blank state of mind when I exercise. I like taking a break from my thoughts and just focus on the repetitive movements. Soothing, somehow.

What you describe with that hunger insomnia is all too familiar to me. Your snack sounded perfect--comfort food without resorting to cals or carbs. I'm glad it worked. One should not have to give up sleep in order to trim a few lbs!

BelovedWarrior Well it sure is good to see PepeLePew's lovely countenance back on the thread. For me there is a definite link between posting and staying focused with the plan. Even when I'm struggling & slipping, posting keeps it from gaining momentum. Imo, you are meeting the same challenges that you'll have once you are in maintenance, and facing them squarely. WTG!

btw, the declutter is on hold until my next rash And yes, we're doing the genetic mapping for my mom--she's excited about it. Thx for asking!

Misti Hope you are doing well!

I had a good day. I had a tough love talk with myself. I try not to be self critical with anything food-related as it tends to backfire. But I had to get real and stop rationalizing. I'm doing a few days of rebooting. Upping the carbs has given me back my sleep. But it's gotten wayyy out of hand. And I miss getting up early. I think I need to be carb-deprived to keep my edge

Check in 1050 cals, too scared to weigh
B whey protein shake, tofu roll ups
L soy protein shake
D cauli fried rice with egg, some ground turkey with evo, broccoli, bone broth

Good night All!

Last edited by Sundove; 08-25-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #303  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Good Evening (didn’t some TV show start out that way??) Was it Alfred Hitchock?

Anyway --- I’m behaving and checking in! Just to remain focused and in touch!

How was everyone’s day??

Diana: Thank you for the update on Brandon and answering my question about the hunting trip. You and DH are good folk! Yup, I think I do have my mojo back … Enjoy your much loved early day!!

MeShell: on sticking to your plan! And how exciting you can cook the same for two versus two separate meals for two. Remember there are a ton of recipes on 3FC’s.

Flower: finding a walking buddy. Tonight a friend offered to walk together, but we don’t really live near each other – I’ll think about it! Thank you for answering ALL my questions… you are a dear! I’m sorry to hear you were up in the middle of the night preparing yourself some goodies. But, I’m glad to know you got some good sleep after.

Kelijpa: great consistency getting those feet up. Have you noticed any changes that can be attributed to the stretch?

Hi and kstep! on your “little victory.” However, I would increase the description … it was more than little IMHO Keep at it!

MonteCristo: Are you feeling better? I see you went to work. Hope the pants weren’t soppy. You know “where” they dry the slowest … Waistband, etc.. Hopefully all dry and comfy So sorry to hear about the chronic neck and back pain. That has to s-u-c-k!! Does the weightlifting help or hinder your pain issues? Whoa Girl! You make me wanna run out and buy some bah-log-nah … I think once I go into the new decade I will splurge and have a bologna, cheese, and pickle sandwich. Just ONE! I can purchase individual slices at the deli. Ah, I’ll probably forget about it by tomorrow You edited your TMI --- or maybe someone else did (du du du du) … little do “they” know – I read it this morning. It’s a conspiracy theory!! I agree … this place helps me stay “off” the ledge --- I’d have a hard time writing – I had this one night and that the next. But, we tend to let it ALL HANG OUT on this thread. And, I am thankful we do. Thanks for the Burgoo Recipe! Sounds amazing – I can’t wait to try it!! I think you’ll make your goal … easy peasy!!

Thank you, Nichols. Very kind … I’m sending you : wishes!!

FYML: you were down 1 pound!! WTG! So, you have 2.8 to go and I have 2.4. Good drop this day – for BOTH of us!! WTG! Man – what type of work do you do that they keep showering you with food??

So, today I left the house at 10:15 and got home at about 8:45. What a day! Tomorrow HOME!! Working on more decluttering and cleaning! And, the weather is predicted to be PERFECT!

That’s it for now. I’m falling asleep as I type.

ENJOY – Gail
Old 08-26-2016, 06:19 AM   #304  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (floor)
Nothing for this morning since it's my early day

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.4
Down: .8

BelovedWarrior
I have a hard time keeping up, LOL. Aren't you trying to sell your house? Is it listed yet?

Someone asked about getting the yard cleaned up at my Mom's house The regular yard guy did it and sent me pictures to confirm everything. He had been really busy at his regular job.

Sundove I can relate to the tough love but not being too critical. It's so funny how our minds work. I can set certain limitations and I will act like the worst spoiled brat. I can get so mad and ticked off. You would think that there was a totally different, living human being in my brain, some type of split personality thing going on. There is a very fine line to walk.

FYML Gosh, that sounds like torture having to be around that stuff at work. Hang in there. Great job on the workout and your calories.

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #305  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!
Sundove I can relate to the tough love but not being too critical. It's so funny how our minds work. I can set certain limitations and I will act like the worst spoiled brat. I can get so mad and ticked off. You would think that there was a totally different, living human being in my brain, some type of split personality thing going on. There is a very fine line to walk.
This is me, exactly! and me too

Last edited by Sundove; 08-26-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #306  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Good Good Morning!!

The windows are open and the breeze is breezing ... it's a beautiful day!!

I'm just checking in with my stats ... and will do personals tonight.

The : is still smiling today!

My Calorie intake was less again, yesterday - and again I saw the results today

Calories: 1249
Fat: 59.9g
Carbs: 94.7g under 100
Sugar: 17.9g (cherries & tomatos = 12.8g)
Protein: 78.5g

Weight: 234.6 (-1.0 down another pound)

FYML Only 1.4 for me to get to 233.2 ... and 5.6 to get to my original August goal of 229.0 ... could I??? I have 5 days! We'll see!

I hope everyone has a FANTASTICALLY FANTABULOUS FRIDAY!!
~Gail

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 08-27-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals—

Beloved: You can do it! I hope you enjoy your beautiful day. We have had several beautiful days the past few but they have been scorchers so it’s been miserable. However, Monday and Tuesday felt amazing!

Diana: Hello!! WTG getting down on the scale!

Sundove: The more carbs I eat the harder it is for me to stay on the straight and narrow. I love carbs…and I love sugars and if I give myself a day break..it turns into a weekend..which sometimes overlapse into the weekdays… pushing my scale up 2 or3 pounds. Hope you can get it under control.

FYML: Good luck being good today! You can do it!

kstep: Welcome Back!

Flower: Well atleast you stayed at 200 calories and made healthy choices..
Hello everyone else!
WI: 137.0 (Down .4)
GW: 125.0
Exercise: 20 minutes stationary bike
Calories: 1240

Well it’s Friday ladies! And we have a busy-busy weekend plan so I’m sure Monday will be back before I know it. We have 3 football games…so at least it will keep me out of the house and a way from all the bad foods. Today is my husband’s birthday…he doesn’t celebrate birthdays really so we may or may not do something small. I also have to find time to mow the grass this weekend because it has sky rocketed and we have been having issues with our lawn mower so it has to be worked on. So that is that…I’m bound and determined to do well over the weekend! I hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 08-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Sorry for keeping y'all in suspense all day...I did get my pants dry in time! lol Well sort of on time, I was about 15 minutes late, but I'm salary so it's all good.

Got my post TOM drop today. 216.6lbs, my new low. Only 2.6lbs to go for monthly loss. Just might squeak in if I can control myself.

Nicholsfamily - Work week are long. I hate wishing for the weekend, because I feel like I'm wishing my life away, but until such time as my real estate business can support me totally, I guess I'm stuck with working. Nice job on the calories and exercise!

flower123 - Interesting your insomnia/food situation. I've never had anything like that. I've gone to bed so hungry that my stomach is cramping up (choice, not deprivation) without any problem, but if I try to go to bed really full, then I can't sleep a wink. So I tend to eat very little after 5pm. That's why weight loss can't be one size fits all...sounds like you just need plan having a little something before bed.

kstep - back! Good luck with your WW!

[Diana[/b] - Early day? Sounds awful. I'm a night owl by nature, if I had my pick I stay up until 2am and sleep until 11am. But my job requires me to be up at 5:45. But at least I'm home by 4pm, even if I do have to get myself to bed by 10pm in order to function the next morning.

FYML - You managed to have a little ice cream treat and still stay under 1100 calories? You are really good at this!

Sundove - I don't even know if I can talk about the engagement yet. Guess I need to check in with her and see if she has gotten in touch with everyone. I'm kind of less excited about it now because of my families reaction. He's from India and a Hindu, and my family is very Christian and suspicious of people of different religions. So nobody is really excited about it, and I start to worry about how the wedding stuff will go. Family drama is my big anxiety trigger, and the thing that ended up sending me spiraling into depression in the first place.

Gail - Feeling much better thanks. Weight lifting actually helps my back, I haven't had an "episode" since I started lifting regularly. You just have to be careful and make sure your form is correct (which everyone should do, bad back or not). Lifting strengthens the muscles, and makes it less likely you'll be injured in the first place. I don't think the TMI was edited, I just made it in white text so no one had to see it if they didn't want to. If you highlight over the area you should be able to read it fine. It wasn't that bad, but you never know what will bother someone.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #309  

Thanks Nicholsfamily That about sums it up, doesn't it. Those insidious carbs! If you asked me, I would say I don't even like bread much. But lately I've been seeking it, and making up stories about why it's a good idea to have it. Like Diana said, it's a fine line we are walking. Btw, I like how you have broken down your goals--you are on the homeward stretch, and in fact have already been walking the walk of maintenance, which can be a zigzag walk for some of us!
Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 AM   #310  

MonteCristo Congrats on the whoosh~ Go YOU! Glad the pants worked out. Re family things, I'm with ya! I'm 63 and my mother/sib dynamics still get to me everytime, and it translates to off plan eating. It's also part of my seasonal depression. The thing that's helped me re family is setting limits--I never knew that was an issue & hence never really learned how to do it. And I feel guilty whenever I set limits with my Mom, but I am learning to tolerate that guilt--it's better than depression This past year opened my eyes and it's been a game changer, along with breathing exercises. I don't know if I'm making sense with generalities. I hope you can maintain some emotional distance, even physical if necessary.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-26-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Good morning all - Happy Friday! Last night was "meet the teacher" night at school. Both boys were very happy after going, it'll be a great year. We always celebrate the beginning and end of the school year with going out to dinner. (usually it's meet the teacher night) We ended up having Mexican...my favorite! I knew in advance what I was having (Carne adada..which isn't bad. But the rice and beans are ) I did have chips and salsa. Brought about 1/2 my dinner home. (small victory) It was delicious!!!! My body must have needed the "extra" or something, because the scale was nice to me this morning. Expected a gain, but lost 1.2!! Now, I can't keep up with the "my body may need this.." attitude, but I'm pleased with what it did (Kinda like Gails's motto with cheesecake )
I'm working this afternoon, and all weekend - then we'll head to the lake Sunday evening. I sure wish DH could go, but it'll be fun with the kiddos and my mom. It's about a 3.5 hr drive - We'll be arriving at bedtime. It's always hard to settle down after driving for so long, the kids I'm sure will want to run around and get out their energy before crashing. I should warn my mom in advance!
Everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 08-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #312  

Check in 1115 cal
B protein shake/coffee, tofu roll ups 285
L protein shake 180
D cauli fried rice, ground turkey, broccoli 650
Old 08-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #313  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Belovedwarrior Great job on your calories and the scale cooperating!

Nicholsfamily Enjoy the busy weekend!

MonteCristo Congrats on the new low!

Sundove Hi Great job on your day!

Sassypants Congrats on the 1.2 pounds loss!

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:07 PM   #314  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise
Jazzercise Dance Hiit w/tubing for resistance sections
Old 08-27-2016, 12:13 AM   #315  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone

Obviously I am very far behind... laptop is too heavy for me to use post-op and could not get on well with the tablet. Thanks to those who have expressed concern and have prayed... much appreciated.

The surgeon and nurses were all very excited at how successful the surgery was... wow I can hardly believe it. They removed a whopping 14 pounds from my abdomen ("apron" area). I don't look or feel like the same person. Healing is going very well.

I have had a super busy day today with friends visiting and LOL a few walks around the parking lot. Just taking a shower is exhausting

Hopefully I will get to catch up on my reading in the next few days.

Best wishes to all of you
Closed Thread