Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2016, 08:47 PM   #1  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

Default cant lose belly

Hi everyone,

I have been doing okay with my eating, I'm down to 221.2 lbs, having lost 44.4 lbs in a little over 4 months. That is with very little exercise except an occassional walk.

I still have some flabby belly fat, and a roll of hard lower abdominal fat that refuse to go away. So, I thought I'd try to burn it off with some cardio, and bought myself an elliptical.

I hopped on that, and can only do 30 seconds, before my left leg gives out. It just gets super sore, and just gives out from underneath me. Its disappointing because I see people bigger than me jump right on and do their full 30 + minutes of cardio with no problems, and ellipticals are supposed to be the best machines for not hurting your bones or joints.

I have been doing some light weights to strengthen my arms, but I am just so upset that I can't do the elliptical, because I wasted so much money on a machine to do cardio, that I can't seem to use. And I keep thinking I wil NEVER burn off this belly fat.
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #2  

Oh yeah, I understand you so darn well, each time when I have been losing (and hopefully would lose) weigh and fat, the belly fat is always there. and a bit on my legs. they seems impossible to be getting rid of...
Jessi901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #3  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Depending on your height, you are likely still in the 'obese' or at least 'overweight' category. That often comes with a belly. As you lose more and more, it'll shrink more. And if you're like me and carry most of your weight in you middle, it'll still be kind of large proportionally even at a 'normal' weight. But still sooo much smaller in the 'normal' range.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolNEmily View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been doing okay with my eating, I'm down to 221.2 lbs, having lost 44.4 lbs in a little over 4 months. That is with very little exercise except an occassional walk.

I still have some flabby belly fat, and a roll of hard lower abdominal fat that refuse to go away. So, I thought I'd try to burn it off with some cardio, and bought myself an elliptical.

I hopped on that, and can only do 30 seconds, before my left leg gives out. It just gets super sore, and just gives out from underneath me. Its disappointing because I see people bigger than me jump right on and do their full 30 + minutes of cardio with no problems, and ellipticals are supposed to be the best machines for not hurting your bones or joints.

I have been doing some light weights to strengthen my arms, but I am just so upset that I can't do the elliptical, because I wasted so much money on a machine to do cardio, that I can't seem to use. And I keep thinking I wil NEVER burn off this belly fat.
Oh gosh I hate the elliptical machine, you can't pay me to get on it. There are so many kinds of cardio, just walking will suffice. You can also bike and swim if you're worried about your joints.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You're new here and so maybe you don't know, but we don't push supplements around here.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 06-16-2016 at 11:01 PM. Reason: removing spam from quote
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #6  

Go natural on losing weight and belly fat.
FattoFitIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:04 PM   #7  
Slow and sure chick

It's the way our bodies are.
Back in the skinny old days, I got down to 115 pounds for my wedding.
I had to get to a size 8 before the belly went away.
It was the last fatty part on my body, but it went away.
So hang in there. Increase slowly.
Because every minute you spend on the elliptical
is a minute less spent on the couch.

Last edited by Watercolor; 02-13-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:13 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolNEmily View Post
Hi everyone,

Keep doing the weights, work on strengthen your leg with some squats, lunges - and walking!

See a physio to get your leg looked at - it's likely a muscle imbalance that they will be able to help you with.

As the weight comes off this is going to help your legs.

Hope this helps

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:38 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:01 AM   #9  

You can try belly exercise and eat fat burning foods.
lisawarren is offline   Reply With Quote