Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default 300+ and ready to try again #397

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations
Old 08-26-2003, 09:20 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!!
What's happening with everyone??? Hope you all had a great day! It was hot and sticky here today and we had thunderstorms this evening...however, when I went to take out the trash there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky. It really made me smile and realize that there is always something good even when things may look gray!!!

Tina --- A new computer??? Yippee! I'm so glad we'll have you back here more often again!!! Good job staying OP and exercising. I'm so proud of you!!!

Amanda --- It was so good to see you pop in for a quick visit!!! Hope all goes well with the mood. Looking forward to seeing you back here soon!

Michelle --- So, did you call the Y?? When does swim class start!!! You can get back into the groove and you'll feel great when you do!!! I'm sure Andrew will have a blast swimming!

Connie ---- Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} going out to you!! I hope you start to feel better soon!!!

A Big to everyone else!!! I am going to watch Big Brother and Cupid!! It feels so good to sit on the couch and relax knowing that I did my exercise this morning. I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5:45 tomorrow, but I am looking forward to that great feeling of accomplishment when the workout is complete!!!

Catch ya later!
Love,
Barb
Old 08-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Opps! Dixie - we must have been posting at the same time. We both started a new thread! I deleted mine and moved my post over. You know what they say...Great minds think alike!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:02 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

I'm still here and so not OP.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:50 PM   #5  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls -

I'm moved into my new house!! (well, sorta..) but I have my computer setup..it's sooo ghetto....my moniter is setting on a plant stand and my keyboard is on top of a bedside bookcase...but at least I can be online!!! I"m addicted, I swear....

I can't wait to see where I am tomorrow morning...hopefully my grandmother hasn't packed the scale yet!!! :-p

-Melissa
Old 08-26-2003, 11:08 PM   #6  

Mary you are not alone - I have been very not OP all week. I have been having so much pain and discomfort with this rectal problem. I've been using food to get it off of my mind and to make me feel a little "better" which it doesn't. I don't know why this had to happen after I had been doing so good losing some of this weight. I know it's my fault because I haven't been drinking water and eating fiber like I should. All I can do is lie in bed because it hurts to sit (especially in the car). Sometimes I feel like a knife is sticking me. I feel like it has a vise grip on me, it doesn't want to let go.

Can anyone help me find other ways to deal with this without turning to food?

I hope you guys don't mind me going on and on about this; there isn't a shoulder at home that I can cry on. Thanks so much for being there.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:32 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I feel like I'm lost in the shuffle somewhere! I think I've caught up on the reading, but like someone else said, if I try and do replies, some of them will be soooo outdated, they won't be worth it. So I think I'll just write and let it go at that.

I'm tied up the next three days doing one of the cosmetics resets. I've done 3 stores, and only have 6 more to go! I hired my neighbor to work for me and I couldn't ask for a better employee. My gosh, she just picks up and runs with the project. We work so well together, it's almost scarey. The funny thing is, I've been in this house since 1986 and we've never been very 'close' neighbors. Actually, there aren't ANY very 'close' neighbors around here. But anyway, she came to me about a year ago and asked for info on what I do and I sub-contracted her to do a couple of things for me. Then I had some '2 person' jobs come up and she worked out real well. So since the first of the year, she does one job permanently each week for me, and one job a month and then I've been able to put her to work doing this project as well. She's really a Godsend.

I did got back to Curves on Monday afternoon like a good little girl! Somebody asked, I think it was Melissa. Curves is an all women's circuit training course. They're a nationwide, franchised operation. They tout 30 minutes, 3 times a week for a good weightloss and toning program. I was very skeptical about being this large and going in there, but I found the girl to be just really great and all of the women there seem non-judgemental (or I just don't give a crap, one of the two! ) If I can do it, you sure can too. It's like $29 a month plus a sign up fee.

Michelle: I know you asked about the PB Pie recipe. I'm still looking for it. Wouldn't ya know that I can't put my fingers on it just because you asked?

Aradia: Welcome to our little corner of the world. I hope you'll post often so we get a chance to know you.

[[[HUGS]]] to everyone else. I love you all, but just can't spare the time right now to reply. I'm headed to bed since I have to be on the job tomorrow at 8:00 AM.

You all have a wonderful night!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:27 AM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I feel so... ugh! is probably the best way to describe it. Being on the normal eating part of this plan is harder than I thought. My once favorite carb loaded dishes don't taste all that great anymore, plus they leave me feeling all sluggish and kind of bloaty. A customer brought chocolate dipped cones in for all of us at work this afternoon and I tried to eat mine. I made it through half and had to throw the rest away. Then I had the pleasure of dealing with feeling all dizzy and gross for the next few hours. It wasn't worth it! I think I'm going to ease back into "regular" eating a bit more slowly. This is obviously too much for my body all at once.

DH has really early class M W F, so I'm in charge of getting the littlest one off to school tomorrow morning. She isn't exactly a morning person, and they can be kind of rough. She also has a super strict diet, so we pack her lunches and snacks for the day. I'm sure it will be fine, but as awful as this sounds when talking about your own child, I'm kind of nervous. It really does take two of us to get her out of the house most days. She is high functioning autistic, similar to Asperger's syndrome, for those of you familiar with the autistic spectrum. Most days go pretty smoothly, and she is an amazing child to live with, but mornings just aren't her best. I think I'll hop out of here and set out all her clothes so there is one less decision to wade through in the morning.

Oh! Almost forgot to leave a Tuesday Tip!

Instead of loading up on salt, fats and processed sugars for flavor, try adding some real flavor. A squeeze of fresh lemon over a stir-fry can take the place of a lot of soy sauce. Same for lemon over steamed broccoli, cauliflower or brussels sprouts. Total zing without the big old pat of butter. Add some fresh cracked black pepper, not the pre-ground stuff that has already lost most of its flavor. If a recipe calls for cheddar cheese, try using a medium or sharp cheddar and grate it lightly over the top. The extra flavor will make up for the volume in a big way. Same goes for parmesan cheese. Use the block of parmesan instead of the green can. A little will go a long way! You get the benefit of fresh flavor and fewer calories.

Yes, someone has been reading through her favorite cookbooks tonight...

Andria
Old 08-27-2003, 12:55 AM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys.!!! Almost midnight again but I am determined to post everyday.

Connie... thanks for starting the new thread. I forget who started the last one... but thank you. I do remember it was your first time. You did great.

Melissa... how did the move go?? I STILL am not settled in.

Thin and Michelle... I don't know if this is the recipe you are hunting for but I listed a couple of sites too for other recipes.

recipe for peanut butter cups... #382
recipe for Rice Krispie Peanut butter/chocolate bars... #351

Snickers Pie (peanut butter pie is the same but without chocolate puddings)
3 Points Per Serving

1 pint Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt, softened

2 tbls Chunky Peanut Butter

1/2 package Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix

1/2 cup Non-Dairy Topping

1 tsp Chocolate Syrup

In a large bowl: 1 pint Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt, softened in microwave for 1 minute high 2 tbls Chunky Peanut Butter 1/2 package Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Topping Mix well and pour into 8" pie tin. Freeze until set. Before serving drizzle 1 tsp Chocolate Syrup over entire pie in swirl motion.

Serves 8

HOpe this helped. I just go to "search" and enter Peanut butter and listed Thin as poster. This is a couple I got.

My food is not doing well. I am really missing being on my program.
I have upped my water. I am exercising.
But I am making poor food choices.
I AM NOT GIVING UP !!! I WILL SUCCEED !!!

I did not make it to MIssouri Tuesday to see my mom... so I am trying again Wed morning. I did not get to bed until 2am Monday night... so I am forcing myself to bed earlier Tuesday night so I get up early and head out.
I insist on doing my exercise first.... but I am going to have to refrain from the computer before I go. I am always on here for a minimum of an hour. I am meeting my sister for dinner Wed evening too. I am in NEED of new tires. I pray and ask for your prayers that I don't get a flat tire. I will need my guardian angel with me.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-27-2003 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:36 AM   #10  

Unhappy

Hi everyone.

I'm really doing awful . My food, though I can only eat a little at a time, has been horrible. I had a flippin' pop tart for breakfast!! last night, I cooked a big spaghetti dinner and had some friends over. I couldn't resist the garlic cheese bread and boy did I pay for that for a few hours.

I stopped taking my Prozac when I came back home at the beginning of the month, and I think that is part of my problem. I'm really feeling depressed and moody again from all the stress right now with my DH being gone and dealing with the kids alone, plus the broken down car, plus blah blah blah. I'm going to start back on the Prozac today. I think I'm still at a point where I need to be taking it. I was doing so well before I quit taking it, and my eating has just gone down hill since.

So here I go, trying to claw my way back on that dang wagon again.

Talk to ya later,
Jen
Old 08-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #11  

Good Wednesday Morning Chicklets!

Come on Jen you can do it!!!! A friend and former professor of mine use to say "there's more dirt behind you than in front of you now!", and there is!! You have come a long way!!!! and you have so much to be grateful for, and most importantly, you are still here, and still trying....so, here I am lending you a hand!!!! get on back up here gal!!!

2cute, be careful going to Missouri, I have "been there and done that with the tires"....I can remember a time, just a few years ago, we were buying $ 25.00 tires.....seems like we were down there every few weeks!!! life is much easier $ wise now, and I am sooooo grateful! I took it for granted...but not anymore, I try to be very mindful each day of all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me....there is much work to be done on our home, but I am grateful to have shelter...I am undertaking the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I know it will take a long time, but, in the meantime, I am blessed to be where I am....I am grateful to you for giving me incentive!!!!! I so look forward to meeting you next year, you have no idea how that inspires me on a daily basis!!! Because all of you gals are the absolute best!!!! , wow, started out talking about balding tires and ended up a confessional, a testimony!! strange how this old mind works

Andria, thanks for the tips Chickie, I love freshly squeezed lemon on asparagus, and broccoli, yummy!

Thin, for heading back to Curves.....keep up the good work chickie!

Connie, how long will it be before you heal? that does sound painful honey, I am sorry.... as far as the tips go, maybe some music, do you have head phones? and maybe journaling.....writing always gives me a clearer perspective...and maybe one of those "doughnut cushions" that folks use when they have hemorrhoidectomys....you can find them at most durable medical supply stores....just a few thoughts. Remember doughnut cushion, not Krispy Kremes!!!

MissMelissa, whatever works, as long as you have a to chat with us!!!

Barb, enjoy your workout???? keep it up chickie, you are doing fantastic!!

All the rest of you chicklets, get in here and post! There is strength in numbers!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:56 AM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!

Just popping in for a minute while I try to get my laptop booted up for work. For some reason it is not being cooperative and I have a million things to do today. Figures! I went to the gym this morning! Since it's a work at home day I wasn't in such a rush to get there at 6am, I got there about 6:40 and it was pretty busy. That appears to be the morning rush time so I had to wait a while for the cardio machine I wanted. I ended up working out for an hour and 20 minutes! A mix of cardio and weights. I feel pretty good right now!

I came home and had a bowl of cereal and I'm going back downstairs in a few minutes for some fruit.

I'll have to catch up with everyone later on!

Have a WONDERFUL Day!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Wow, another quiet morning for me! Wahoo! I decided last night that munchkin was going to try going on the school bus this morning. With clothes and all set out and organized last night it was fairly painless. Might have had something to do with waking her up 15 minutes later (not on purpose. My gut is still unhappy about yesterday's food) and just having to go through it all like automatons. We even had 5 minutes to stand there talking with the other kids waiting for the bus. The driver said he would give us a report on if it worked out ok or not. Guess I won't let out a complete sigh of relief until then.

Since the bus, I've been out walking the dog and enjoying a gorgeous morning. It is really humid here right now which is totally weird, but the wildflowers are loving it. Everything was coated with dew and glistening in the early morning sun. I was thinking of Joanne and how much the lane I like to walk on looks so much like hers.

Yesterday a dear friend of mine was invited to write a pair of articles for a local magazine. She told the woman who called that they weren't really her style, she prefers to write personality pieces, and proceeded to give her my name. Surprisingly enough, the woman actually knew who I was! She wasn't convinced that I would be ok for it considering the articles are on catering and she said I'm only known for op ed pieces. Well, darling Fae is going in to interview with the woman this morning and work out a deal with her. Fae really, really wants me to be the one writing these articles.

I wish you all could meet her. She is such an incredible woman with the most amazing ability to bring you from the very lowest point in your life up to the pinnacle with just a few words. Fae says her current goal in life is to help me find a job, one we probably create, that suits me perfectly for the healthy mental, physical and spiritual lifestyle I've been working so hard to put together. I couldn't ask for a better friend.

I'm going to go putter around the house a bit before getting ready for work. Hope you all have great days!

Andria
Old 08-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Good morning chickarinos!

How are all my lovelies this morning? Fantastic, I hope.

I just have to tell you how much I LOVE my new computer. I didn't get a bundle package....there was nothing wrong with my old monitor, so I just went to Best Buy and got the CPU. It has Windows XP home edition on it and I love it. SO much better than Windows ME.

Food is still good. This is my 10th day OP. My 10th day drinking my water. My 10th day making better choices. My 10th day exercising....and I feel SO much better. Don't get me wrong, I still have mounds and mounds of weight to lose, but less than I did 10 days ago! I have made a goal for myself and have not only written it down in my journal, but I am telling all of you: I WILL re-join WW next Tuesday, September 2nd, 2003. Nothing will stop me. There will not be seemingly more important things in my way. This is very important to ME and I deserve it. So you remember and I expect you to ask me about it, ok?

Dh asked me last night why I wanted to re-join WW when I could do the program by myself. Men just don't get it, do they? I had to patiently explain to him that yes, I can do it on my own....but it's easier for me and more motivating when I go to my weekly WI's and am there with other people that have the same goals I have. It's inspirational to have people get excited about your progress and there's a spirit of friendship there as well. I wish I had a buddy to go with me, because that makes it even easier, but no luck so far. That's ok though. I am doing this for me and can do it by myself.

Barb: I am SO fricken proud of you! You are my inspiration this week. I sincerely hope one day I work up the courage to go workout at the gym or go to Curves, until that day though....it's just me and Leslie Sansone.

Pam: Your last post, even though it was directed towards 2cute, was so inspiring to me.
Quote:
I am undertaking the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I know it will take a long time, but, in the meantime, I am blessed to be where I am.
You are SO right. This IS the hardest thing we will ever have to do, but man....it will be SO worth it! I can't wait till we all meet up at 2cute's in the Spring.... it will be awesome!!!

Jen: Keep your head up sweetie...you CAN do this. Just because you had the surgery, it doesn't mean that the old cravings are taken away....they are still going to be there. But you can fight them off....we can help. Just keep coming here, you are amongst friends and those that understand what you're going thru, just remember that. {{{Hugs}}}

2cute: Well, I for one am very glad you are determined to post every day...I mean, what would I do without you? Please be careful on the way to Missouri and I hope you get those tires soon so I don't have to worry about you. Also, I am very proud of you and all the exercising you have been doing lately.....and I KNOW your food choices will tie in there soon as well. You can do it sweetheart.... I have faith in you.

Andria: Thanks for your Tuesday tip. It's always nice to have new ideas and ways to spice up your food. It seems like sometimes, even when you are *dieting* (making healthy choices) that you can still have your comfort foods and can get into a rut, so it's always nice to have different recipes and seasoning ideas.

Thin: I know how you feel....sometimes I feel lost in the shuffle too. I love it though.... we are VERY blessed to have all these fine chatty friends. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Sure sounds like you have been busy lately. I wish I lived near you... I would LOVE to be one of your employees, we would have a ball!

Dixie: We don't mind you using us as a shoulder to cry on... that's what we're here for. The only thing that I'm going to say is what I said the other day. Food will not comfort you. It may for a moment, but then you're just going to feel worse. Not just physically, but emotionally. I am so sorry that you are in such pain, I wish there was something else I could do to help.....it is very difficult to even function when you're hurting, but keep your head up, it WILL get better. In the meantime, always remember, we're here for you.

MissMeliss: Glad that you got yourself all moved and set up and hey...don't worry what it looks like as long as you're here with us! Also remember what I said the other day....don't let the scale be your reward. Let the fact that you are changing your life by making healthy choices be your reward, ok? {{hugs}}

Mary: Ok.....you know I love you, but I'm gonna have to get tough with you. Even though it may be hard to see right now, you CAN do this. I think you've found a point and have become complacent with yourself. Don't do that. Forge ahead for your good health. We love you here whether you are OP or not....but doesn't it feel much better to be OP? If I can do it....YOU can do it!

Ok, here's my Tuesday Tip: Well, not so much a tip as giving you a heads up. I don't know how many of you eat Boca Burgers, but I have become really unhappy with them as of late, so I took someone's advice and tried the MorningStar spicy black bean burgers and they are awesome! They have a nice texture and a bit of a kick. They are a definite must try. Also, I just bought this at the store yesterday, so I can't tell you what it tastes like because I haven't tried it yet, but I am really excited. It's a new popcorn made by Jolly Time. It's called Healthy Pop kettle corn. The box says the popcorn is sweetened lightly with Splenda and still has that salty taste too. It looks like it will be really good and best of all, a 4 cup serving would only be 1 point! No, that is not a typo....one ONE point. A four cup serving is 100 calories with only two grams of fat and four grams of fiber, so VIOLA....only 1 pt! The bag actually contains 2.5 servings (10 cups) so you can actually have the whole darn thing for only 2.5 points!! Also, another thing I LOVE are Kudos bars. They have a variety pack that has a *snickers* one, an *M&M* one and a chocolate chip one. While they have granola and toasted oats and rice crisps, they also have chocolate and pieces of M&M and snickers. The M&M ones are basically like a thin long rice crispy treat with a thin glaze of chocolate on the bottom and a sprinkling of mini M&M's on top, the snickers ones are have more granola but also have what looks like a snickery type glaze on the top and a thin glaze of chocolate on the bottom. The chocolate chip ones are completely covered in chocolate and have rice crisps, granola and mini chocolate chips inside. The M&M and Snickers ones are only 2 points and the chocolate chip ones are only 3. They are fantastic to ease your sweet tooth and none of them have more than 3.5 grams of fat!

Alright ladies.....I have responded to everyone that's been on the thread so far and I am outta here!! Well, not *outta here* since I'm stuck at work but you know what I mean. Hello to everyone else and I hope you have a terrific day.

I'll pop in tonight with the popcorn report!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:45 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Tina thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I can do it but just starting is the problem.
Closed Thread