Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #76  

Diana3271, I just read your post about being shy. I am surprised since you started this thread I believe. You have definitely have it in you to be very sociable. You are showing that just by posting. If you decide to go, just flash that beautiful smile and if all else fails, they will see your kind heart Beloved Warrior, congrats on your progress so far. Everyone else, good night.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We have been invited to a wedding the 4th of July weekend. It will be an evening wedding, starting at 5 PM. I will need to buy something to wear. I don't wear dresses or skirts. In the past, I have worked with a personal shopper. I'm not sure if she still works at the store. I haven't seen her recently. I have her card, so I need to give her a call. But, I want to have an idea of something to wear. Here's a link to the store. Pick out tops/bottoms that would be appropriate to wear. I need help since I am not a shopper and I especially don't like clothes shopping. I also don't like going to stuff like that. So, I will be fighting it the whole way. http://www.dillards.com/c/women

Tomorrow is my early day.

Terry Good job on your day!

CoolMom EWW! That's too funny.

Belovedwarrior Yay for the 1/3 of the way! Do you still live close to where you went to school?

Sonickel Good job figuring out and working your plan.

Kelijpa Good job getting it all done. Do you drink the Irish cream straight or mix with something? Did you get that yoga done?

Sundove I hope you didn't run too late and you had a great day!

Novangel I'm glad work is going well for you. It sounds like working out at home is better for you. I would like a gym membership but I just don't have the time to go there. I would like the option of going to Planet Fitness and using their cardio machines. We have 3 locations here. The one membership would be for all 3 locations and they are open 24 hours.

Nicholsfamily I hope you are feeling better. Maybe you just need some rest. Can you rest more on the weekend?

Inkrid I didn't hear of any thing going on in our area for National Day of Prayer. I would have loved to attend something like that.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - combined workouts - w/12's
Old 05-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

Terry Thank you for the support. It's funny, I'm not shy with my online check-ins or at work. My DH and I are self-employed and I have to deal with people and customers all day. I don't have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with asking for things at a store, restaurant, etc. The first time I went to this church, I was literally nauseated driving there. My anxiety level was about an 8. Each time has gotten better. This past Sunday I was a 3 or 4. I'm like that with certain situations. I don't know what's the difference between the situations is.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:57 PM   #80  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Okay -- all caught up and still awake!!

Okay, I’ll start (#57) where I left off last night (I hope to stay awake )

Sundove: How exciting that you may have a solution to eliminate the pain while you walk. Oh I’m so happy for you … less pain is marvelous!! RE weather – it’s supposed to be 81 tomorrow so I’m looking forward to playing in the dirt – ON THE SOUTH SIDE of the house!! SUN SUN SUN!!

Diana: I hope you have success with the C. You’d be shocked to hear the dosage Andrew Saul suggests! I encourage you to go with the ladies. You may find a blessing in it and BE a blessing. And, you may surprise yourself. I look forward to hear what you decide. You have MUCH to offer to others! PS – I agree with Terry23 … I am the worse for figuring out what to wear. From your avatar I would say v-necks are good on you! My home town is about 2.5 hours away. I only attended 1 time – the 10 year. Several reasons – but, I hope that the weight issue will not be a hindrance the next time around. Additionally, I feel much stronger than I ever have, so I think I can go and feel more comfortable. We’ll see – it’s a ways away. Here’s my 2 cents to your comment “I don't know what's the difference between the situations is” … You have much to offer (I know I’m repeating myself). You are a selfless person … if you are kept from a place that you might be able to edify, lift someone up, give the “word” that is needed for the moment (which you do here all the time)… I think you might know “what the difference is” and WHY! You put on that suit of armor and march ahead victoriously!

novangel: OH … I’m so glad to hear you say that about the vacations! You are probably the one to ask then, but I’ll take input from EVERYONE (as I was going to ask at the end of the post but I’ll do it here). A friend wants to thank me, for all the work I’ve put into helping her, by taking me on an all-expense paid, one week vacation, to ANYWHERE I want to go. I’m limiting it to the 50 states, Canada, and South – islands (Aruba etc). If you had this opportunity – what would you choose? I’m looking for ALL suggestions, and then I’ll google. If you want to say “why” too that would be great! And, maybe “when” in case a time of year is better than another time. THANKS! Interesting the correlation to the gym membership and your weight gain. Here’s something … special for you :BIGTIPS!:

Inkrid: Great to hear that you helped host the ND of Prayer. I hope you had a big turn out. We had a decent turn-out at our church.

Nichols: WTG … working it hard to get back to your lowest

Terry23: in finding your phone! And how exciting to go to your fav place for your birthday. I think it’s important to do something special for your birthday. If you don’t … who will, right? ENJOY!! Thanks for the Kudos!

Chiciechoo: YEAH for Happy Hippos!!

Tuscany: Maybe Abby will join you in exercise? Sounds like you are doing marvelously on your activity level. Keep up the hard work!

CoolMom: It looks like the collie thinks that’s a bit strange how funny. What’s your cat’s name?

Sonickel: Sounds like you are fine tuning your plan and finding success … can I ask – what is OXO?

kelijpa: great to hear you had a drop… I hear you about a “regular exercise routine.” I really need to buckle down too. You can do it!

Well... to everyone else. Missing ZCA - and her ribeyes! And, missing lovely Angie. I hope they aren't gone too long! to all!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:06 AM   #81  

Hi all
Been a couple or few days since I did personals. Starting from today and going back....

Diana, that's tough re the shopping. I also do not like to shop. Especially when alone. What I do know is that you are a beautiful woman. And you will look great in whatever you decide to buy. If it would help, you can take me with you in your imagination. Or heck. if you want, you can facetime me at the store. I used to dress people. Suffice to say all sides of my family had different women's clothing stores. Dating back to when my parents were children. Mother was in fashion. As was dad. Aunt, uncle.... So it was natural for me to fall in line..... way back then, before I rebelled . Re: the church get together in the restaurant, I understand that. I am very shy. But usually people do not believe that. Because if I am in my comfort zone, at home, or in my place of comfort then I am far from shy. But it can otherwise be quite uncomfortable for me until I get to know and trust the people. For me, its insecurities. Finally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Flower I read on the thyroid site that peanuts causes problems. I'm not familiar with this product:
http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Roaste.../dp/B00D9F247U
http://www.abesmarket.com/natural-pr...eed-flour.html
!
Thanks. That's the one I found. But it is so high in calories. I think a company used to sell defatted sunflower flour. But no longer do.

Terry23 so glad to hear that you claimed victory on your diet yesterday. Its always so great to hear when that happens

Inkrid
your food yesterday sounds delicious. I am glad that your town's day of prayer was such a success.

Nicholsfamily glad you are working your way back down again. You do a good job of not getting carried away with the ups. Getting back to the downs.

Novangel Congrats on getting up to a 5 day work week. I do remember when you were needing more clients. Sounds like that problem has been resolved with the new work place

SunDove Gee, sorry about those popup's re: Ulcerative Colitis medicine. Sounds like you are really reconfiguring your whole eating plan. So that it hopefully will address what the body needs. More fats etc. I respect that. Great that you are beginning palates. From Ellen to Ulcerative colitis medicine, I do wish that advertising for RX medicines was not allowed anywhere in this world.

Kelijpa glad the weight is going in the right direction. Congrats on the loss.

Sonickel77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonickel77 View Post
I'm being strict because leniency is the first step to falling off the wagon for me!
So true. I remember for a very long time being that strict. I had a fear of many foods. It worked well for me. I would not deviate from the low cal low carb foods. So I think you are wise being strict.

BelovedWarrier congratulations on hitting the 1/3 mark on your weight loss. that is a great accomplishment !!! Thanks for looking for the reduced fat Sunflower seed flour. It is possible that they no longer sell it. Even though nutritional info for it still exists. Thanks for looking

CoolMom Kevin photoshopped in to the picture, brilliant. Great when someone turns poop in to an opportunity for great art

Tuscany I do admire how you are eating low calories and burning so many cal. in your daily routine. When I used to plateau with weight I would eat red meat. I do not remember if you eat that. I no longer do. But that might help to break that plateau. Sorry kitty does not like her new food I hope you can find other kitty diet food alternatives out there for her.

Chickiechoo I can understand why you got off track with Monday being a bank holiday. Hope things are settling in now.

Hi to everyone else

for 2 weeks I have been eating warm soft foods. And gaining a lot of weight. I will not even go in to detail about what I ate today. but it was horrifying. I eat and I feel like I have not even had anything. I crave. Anyway, its got to stop. I cannot eat crunchy salads. No lettuce etc. But I can have cucumber cut in teeny pieces and cold cooked cabbage with BHF dressing. I can have chicken cut in small pieces. I still can chew on the right side of my mouth. Not my favorite. But pain free. Still in the dx stage of the process. Waiting for apt with endodontist. Not sure at all if I need a root canal. And if I do need one, I may opt to not have it. I have read things about health concerns related to aftermath of root canal. Its a trade off. So I am hoping the root will be fine. I know someone who went to the endodontist for dx and was told they do not need the root canal. We will see. My dentist's xrays are not showing I do. Anyway, back to the diet. I have gained a lot of weight. I weigh more than I have in many years. I need to get back to just chicken and vegetables. Nothing more. Also I am going to try to substitute the frozen peanut stuff and frozen milk stuff with frozen lemon stuff. I have done the frozen lemon stuff for many years. Not as good with chocolate sauce as the others. But still I can make it work. I will not weigh myself until perhaps monday. And am hoping that by some miracle I can stay on plan for 3 days. This is my short term goal. I am getting a bit concerned here. Reset required.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. And I hope Diana has a good time on Saturday with the women from the church !
Old 05-06-2016, 02:42 AM   #82  

Hi everyone
Thank God is Fridayyyyyy!!!
Weather is beautiful and spirits are high, weight is the same, already did Zumba....so there
Novangel could you tell me please which Jillian DVD you have as I think I'm ready for a challenge...I might regret that
Diana I'm so surprised about your shiness... it might be you being out of your comfort zone maybe? as in your job you know what you are doing and you are in control but in other situations- complete opposite. I'm terrible first timer, once I do something I'm ok after that but the first time is a killer!
I'm not a good shopper either...in fact the only shopping I loooove is food shopping surprise surprise and again surprise
Coolmom I think Kevin is cool... Takes after his mum
Flower I can't believe you've put lots weight on as you were quite close to your goal now...maybe it's just a blip?hope so...
BW I think you are so funny you should be a stand up comedian you have a nice friendly face and always make me laugh so thank you xxx
to everyone else and lots of to you all and have a fabulous weekend and be kind to yourselves
Old 05-06-2016, 06:31 AM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Nothing for last night or this morning. It's my early day.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 168.8
No Change

At least the wonky body is maintaining. Thank you for the words of support with everything It truly means a lot to me. I don't have many people IRL to share my drama with (or should I say lack of since it's not major drama, just my drama. I am thankful for that). Of course I can talk with DH but he would just look at me with that blank face. Poor guy just doesn't get it. Also, about getting together with the ladies. I'm not used to being around a lot of women since I have worked with men most of my life. I think it will be good for me to go. I agree with the comments about my comfort zone. I do plan on going if I can get ready in time. I am so not a morning person and on the weekends, I like to take care of my little nest, here at home. (are the excuses already starting? )

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #84  

Height: 5'9"

Diana, I would never have labelled you as "Shy"!!... I, too, have had anxiety attacks going to a place of worship. I had had a bad experience, and it was a decade before I could psychologically go back (even though the "bad experience" people were long gone!). Other than that I'm great in small groups, and good in a large crowd, but groups of 20-40 give me the heebie-jeebies (!)

National Day of Prayer ~ I did it with two of my girlfriends and we had a GREAT time!! We had it in our Community Center and deli's, stores, florists and a caterer donated their goods and time! ... We invited a dozen people to pray for things like: Families, The Electoral Process, Schools, EMTs, etc... A dozen things that affect the town... The mayor made a prayer, which blew everyone's mind!... Next year go on the National Day of Prayer website and register!

I THINK I lost another pound!! (I couldn't believe it and jumped back on the scale, which promptly went up!) Well, I'm "claiming" that lost pound!

Last edited by Inkrid; 05-06-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #85  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING!! Boy - I'm pumped! 81 is the forecast for today! I only slept 4 - 5 hours ... Already have a load of laundry finishing up! PUMPED!!

And, I need to confess - we are having a woman's event at church and I have been a go-for for it. I did the invitations and my other duties was to find the cheesecake for the event. Well I found a wonderful place to get them from - but before I finalized the order - I "had to" sample. OH MY GOSH!! I took a friend and we halved two pieces (caramel cashew and butterfinger and a sample of key lime). I tried to figure the calories and even though I ate a salad for supper (the cheesecakes were lunch) and little for breakfast I think I was under 1600 calories, but that could have just been poor figuring I LOST 1.2 pounds!! WHAT!! It will probably show up tomorrow, but since today is my "official" weigh in day -- I can memorialize all my records with the lower weight (the things we do to encourage ourselves).

Diana: I understand what you mean about meeting up with women you don't know well - it can be intimidating. And Inkrid - when you say about the different sizes of groups and the comfort level -- the older I get the more discomfort I feel in crowds. In fact I was just becoming aware that I think I may have always had a bit of discomfort - even when younger ... and that's one reason I would drink the way I did (we're talking years ago). I can basically talk to anyone, but I'm learning I don't want to "have to" find blah blah blah to say -- unless it's something I "want to." I'm not sure if I'm making any sense... so -- blah blah blah

Chickiechoo: I am glad I bring sunshine and laughter to your day. I love to make people laugh and bring joy, so I'm glad you find what I say uplifting. Sometimes I think I get "too" serious ... other times -- I crack myself up! ENJOY your day

Flower: Very interesting to hear of the generational "fashion-estas!" I'm glad I'm not one who loves shopping - as it would only mean spending more $$ or feeling frustrated that I couldn't. However, I wish I had a nack to put stuff together to look -- well put together well. I just never quite feel like I look good in what I'm wearing. There were a few times, when I was younger, that I had some things I just LOVED! But, not so much anymore. Maybe that will change as I continue to lose weight. I think it has something to do with NOT seeing the "real me." I always see myself as smaller than I am. I hope that with this transformation I SEE me -- and little by little learn to LOVE me more and more. I know I'm growing in being PROUD of myself - and I am feeling a new strength in learning to be more ME! BTW - you are welcome re the sunflower flour. I'm still determined to find it. I hope you feel better soon. Pain is such a debilitating thing. :healing: being sent your way!

Well, it's quarter to eight -- and I'm looking forward to an AWESOME day! ENJOY yours-- and I'll catch up with everyone tonight!

- Gail
Old 05-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #86  

Flower123 Today's ad is 'yoga for a tiny belly', a happier note. And yesterday I finally saw Ellen Degeneres crying. But still waiting to see Oprah push something out.

Just a thought, could you possibly get hold of an expeller & defat your own sunflower seeds? Or take the seeds to a place like a health foods store that might be able to do it? Might be labor intensive to do it yourself, but maybe not.

There are some exciting projects here! Diana, you are in good hands with a Flower123 on your shoulder. Re weddings, I find them oppressive & somewhat intimidating. The traditions & fantasy thing makes me feel like I have to follow a lot of rules. It's all I can do to remember to trim my nails in my usual routine. I think there are a comfortable but elegant pair of pants that your could wear. once you have the what-to-wear thing solved, I think you could actually have a good time. Well, maybe if it isn't super formal.

I applaud you for stretching your comfort zone and going out with the ladies from your church. I think these things can be awkward and feel like a lot of work, but eventually a familiarity comes into it and you can enjoy it more. And feel more part of the new congregation too. Hopefully there will be laughter--you can certainly contribute a wonderful sense of humor, along with things already mentioned above!

Beloved Warrior Oh my, I am going to have to think about where to send you on vacay. I like places that are not crowded, so I do weird things like go to Alaska in the winter, desert in the summer. I'll be back with some things I love later. Yay for being pumped--you may have bumped up your metabolism. This stuff is not linear. And congrats on 1/3 of the way. That's just MAJOR accomplishment.

Ok I have lots to say to everyone but I overslept & am about to be late. The good news for me is I overslept really good sleep. I don't know what is going on here. I also weighed after eating a LOT yesterday....big omelet cooked in coconut oil (meh!), cabbage/ground turkey salad, salad with plenty of olive oil, protein shake, tri-tip steak sandwich without the bread, and 5 protein bars @ 170 calories each. It was well over 2000 cals. Also ate a lot all week--meat, fats, vegs. Protein bars. Expecting to be pushing 170, but scale says 160.8.

Back later. Have a great Friday all. Diana Hope your early day ends early too!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #87  

Happy Friday almost Saturday Everyone, busy busy busy that's me. Glad you all are hanging there. Diana, good luck with the shopping.....I am the expert in that area. As for my day, ate according to my calorie plan. Got a surprise 20 minute walk outside today. Yay!! That was one of my goals for the week. Look at my God working it out for me! What else...Beloved warrior, I had to postpone my trip actually due to deadlines at work. I monitor rest homes in my area along with many other social worker duties and I have some deadlines to hit that I was unaware of. I am actually working tomorrow for a while as well. Hopefully, I will be going on vacation after this is over. I will check in tomorrow for SHO' (aka for sure) Have a great night everyone.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #88  

Don't you love how I post one message right after the previous one? I usually post before reading everything then go back and read a little more....Flower123, you will get back on the right track. Illnesses can be major derailments to weight loss efforts. I know that VERY well. Remember it is temporary. Perhaps you can find foods that don't cause extra craving. In any event, take care of your immediate health needs first. Once that is in check, you will be knocking the weight off again in no time Be encouraged.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I appreciate how supportive everyone is to each other here.

This will be a quick one for me. The early morning is catching up with me.

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jessica Smith Indoor jog
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #90  

Okay well now this ad situation is just out of control. Again I am seeing an ad to watch cult action movies online for free. I would rather watch Oprah give birth.

I have read all the posts and will do personals later. Right now there is one thing I want to address.
I think SunDove's idea for Diana was a good one. A really nice pair or pants might be great. I know I have worn pants to events that were very formal. Yes they are my basic black silk pants that I have had a very long time. Its my version of the little black dress. Diana, if you wanted to invest in a pair of fancy pants, that might be the answer. Black silk pants with a nice top. IDK how people dress in your circle near where you live. But it might work.

Okay today I did weigh myself. Gruesome. It was as bad as I suspected. But the lbs are the result of the food choices. Thanks everyone for your support ( will be more specific in personals). Today I went back to eating my regular routine before the doctor told me to eat warm soft foods. It was amazing to again have a salad ( soft veggies only in the salad). I had cooked boneless skinless chicken breast that I thawed. It was plain with just celtic salt and mustard. Very welcomed change from the warm soup. Lunch was soup. But I do have to use up the veggies I cooked days before, to go in the soup. I will use them up this weekend. I also had fat free milk with sugar free low fat cocoa powder. And some frozen lemon protein stuff. And coffee. Calories for the day will be about 950. just remembered that I went to Costco. Oops. I had a lot of samples. So calories for the day will be significantly higher than 950.

Will write personals later tonight.
Closed Thread