Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #1  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Feeling whiny!

So, I was on here quite a bit a few years ago had a great system down, lost 65 pounds got down to 207. Then my job transferred, quit job moved back home, got another job, high stress, and just kind of stuck at the 210 range. Didn't really work at losing just kept on keeping on and was content that if I reasserted myself I would start losing again. Due to a series of unfortunate events involving my daughter and her 4 kids under 5 I started drinking coke again and continued to an excess until last Thursday when I had my wisdom teeth all out. So prior to wisdom teeth removal I had crept up to 221. The good news is I am already down to 213 due to soft/liquid diet.

Here comes the whining..I AM DYING FOR A COKE! How do you guys combat soda cravings? I really thought it would subside after a week of no soda but man the vending machine in my office is calling my name loudly!

Thanks for listening to me. I promise to be more positive in the future
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

I have no advice about coke or soda in general, as they're not what tempts me (now give me a piece of chocolate and I'm sold). When I feel like drinking something good, I make myself a cup of tea. Some flavours are delicious, I drink lot of Rooibos tea as it tastes good without anything added, and is supposed to be really good for you. It's no soda though, I won't lie to you

I just wanted to say I really admire that you kept your weight off during all the stress and changes in your life. Yes, you hadn't been losing, but you hadn't been gaining either and that's awesome (or you gained very little). Myself I always gained back everything I ever lost, and some more pounds on the top of that. You're clearly very smart!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #3  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I have a stash of my favorite tea in my desk. It is Zen tea and it is fantastic. Not soda though I will live and push forward.
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #4  

Hi ...

Something I do - when I crave something is say to myself I'll eat (or drink) something better for me first and then see if I still need it ...... I tend to have hot lime juice and honey as I tend to like strong flavours ......

I agree with the previous poster - it's great you have been steadyish with your weight ....

Take care and good luck ....
Smilingin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #5  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

I drink diet.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote