Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #1  

Default Someone out their?

Looking for people that have had surgery in Mexico just to kinda get the idea of the experiences that they or you all had. I have never been to Mexico so I am a little scared.
Not so much about the all the stories that we all hear about Mexico just the simple fact that I have never had surgery and neither less have I gone to a foreign country to have one done. So just wanna touch stones with someone that has had the experience themselves.
ambersherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #2  
Warrior Princess

I think I saw you post somewhere else but this is something I would really think long and hard about. No way would I have any surgery in Mexico. Remember you get what you pay for and if you have complications it can be very serious. Sorry if I'm not being helpful but this has bad news written all over it and I don't sugar coat. I've heard horror stories about surgeries there and Mexico is really not a safe place to be outside of the touristy resorts. The police and government there are very corrupt. Good luck with whatever you decide.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #3  

Mexico does not have to pass the stringent regulatory inspections that US hospitals must. So you are going on faith that everything is done according to safe standards. Not just the doctors & nurses etc, but the equipment, medications, sterile supplies. Do they have up-to-date monitors and are the machines that keep you alive during the surgery checked & calibrated?

I have a skewed point of view because I work at a hospital where people come for surgery gone wrong. Part of the decision to have surgery is knowing the plan for handling complications should they arise. Who to call, where to go, and whether your insurance will cover complications from uncovered surgery? Plan for the worst and then hope for the best. It's your health & your life on the line.

Maybe the part of you that is scared is your wise mind, the quiet voice inside. Whatever you decide, know that you can change your mind up to the very last minute.

Last edited by Sundove; 04-16-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote