Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2016, 01:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Hi Merow,
Happy for you that you have not touched Easter candy.
Also cool about the running. I wish I could run but i am trying to get at least 5000 steps a day. So far so good. I'm doing pretty good with the no sugar.
I'm actually feeling my clothes getting a bit looser.
Lets continue to do good.
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Merow and Dina123 - good for you for cutting out the sugar. I cut out all processed food and sugar at the beginning of January - I had an awful addiction to chocolate and like you guys I'm an all or nothing person especially when it comes to chocolate. I find it easier to not eat it as opposed to having only one piece. The first month or two was tough. My recommendation is to try and increase your protein because that helped me with the cravings. After about 2 months of not having sugar, I found fruit tasted so much sweeter than before and I now enjoy frozen blueberries when I get a craving for something sweet.

It does get easier with time. You're doing great - keep it up. One bonus of giving up sugar and processed food is that I have lost about 26 pounds since January and I do feel better without the sugar.

Last edited by flower1; 04-04-2016 at 03:01 PM.
flower1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:54 PM   #18  

Hi flower, wow congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome !!! I wish I could say the same here, I wish I could get off the 200 mark. I have noticed since I have been trying to stay off sugars I do notice a small difference . When you say you stay off processed foods does that include t.v dinners? I'm sure it does but just wondering. I'm also trying to stay off the breads as well.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Dina123 - yes that included not eating any tv dinners or other packaged foods. I am trying to just eat whole foods as there is a lot of sugar in processed foods. I also gave up wheat and try to eat gluten free. I used to feel quite bloated and going gluten free has helped with that. Just keep at it - it does get easier.
flower1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #20  

Good morning,
Silly question Flower but what do you mean when you say "whole foods" ?
I am finding it is not as hard as i thought giving upbthe sugars but want to make sure I'm doing everything right.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #21  

Merow, How are you doing??? Just checking on you?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I gave up sugar in early 2015. About 4 months later I had lost 30+ pounds and that has been the bulk of my weight loss so far. I wanted to mention that for me just giving up sugars wasn't enough to lose weight. I had given up sweets before and not lost a single pound. I believe I lost weight last year because I gave up artificial sweeteners in August of 2014. Giving up the aspartame really helped my blood sugar and cravings. I maintained my loss through the summer and was still losing verrrrrry slowly by eating dessert once a week.

But then Halloween came and I gorged on candy. I gave up the sugar again and was back to status quo by Christmas when I fell off the low sugar bandwagon again. It started the day after Christmas when I ate leftover potato salad for breakfast, followed by leftover stuffing, followed by all the candy in the kids' stockings. 4 days later, I had gained six pounds! At that point I got back to better eating and quickly lost 4 pounds but then the scale wouldn't budge. So for Lent this year I gave up weekly desserts and this time I cut waaaay back on bread too and I finally began to lose weight again.

Easter was interesting. I was planning on breaking my sugar fast and so when I took some candy from the kids' baskets an amazing thing happened - I didn't like it! Not even my favorites --the Reese's and the Milky Ways. I did try a Cadbury Dairy Milk and a Lindt bunny and they were still delicious. Right now, I'm still low carbing. Am eating veggies and some small amount of potato chips but otherwise am keeping away from carbs. Once I've given up the sugar and the bread, carb cravings and hunger go away and it's easier for me to cut calories way back. This weekend is my birthday (we're having Lindt chocolate bunnies instead of cake) and also my fifth grader's birthday - we'll be having an ice cream cake on Sunday for him but I hope to pass. We'll see what happens to my cravings when I have the choco bunny on Friday night.

Flower1 - Have you tried the Atkins TV dinners? They're very high in sodium but there's no sugar. Also, you can actually make your own chicken and broccoli alfredo and freeze it in individual rubbermaid containters. Tastes better than the Atkins one, is lower sodium, and costs less. Obviously, not as convenient though.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #23  

Hi Treasa,
Hope I spelled it right
Welcome and come on in.
Thank you for all the encouraging info.
Gave me a boost to see some light. I have been watching my sugar in my drinks. Water , coffee or Tea.
The breads im still working on. Doing ok but need to be better.
I dont cook so trying to find stuff for dinner that will work for me.
I'm finding now with the candies its not too hard except for when I get upset about something i want to stick all kinds of candy in my mouth. So far I haven't.
I have been trying to walk more and doing some weights when I'm walking.
I did keep looking at myself in mirror today lol ok cause I FELT like I was getting a shape lol lol.
Today feels like a slight skinny day.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys good morning
Inspired by all of you so thank you for posts.We had a retirement party at work so totally fell off wagon,Staying at 4lbs lost since Jan1. What do all of you feel about stevia? I'm having only 2 little packets a day. Logging 10 miles of running and hiking hills this week. I want permanent life changes.Gave in to a few mini reeses cups last night but only 12.I know the sugar thing is whats keeping me from big numbers lost on the scale but I am proud of changes that I stuck to this week.
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #25  

Hi there,
I have never used stevia.I think that is what you said.Its ok if you fell off wagon, just get back on.
I havent stopped my sugar 100 percent but when I feel like something sweet I think it over and over.
I try to have fruit or a piece of cheese or something else.
Hang in there.You are still doing good.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dina Happy Monday
Well I got through a weekend without gaining.Still at about 169.something. Today its raining again here and gloomy and couldn't run/walk on my lunch break,I wanted tons of sugar but did not go over board and have eaten pretty healthy.I am heading out to the treadmill to do a 3mi run.Hope you had a good day
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #27  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Honestly, doing cardio increases my cravings

I weaned myself off sugar by slowly eliminating sweets from my diet one little habit at a time, not all at once.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #28  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I am with you on the sugar detox.

I am counting my sugar grams and I am amazed at how far out of bounds it crept up on me. Mainly in the form of drink -- so plain water for me!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #29  

Well I was doing pretty good. Then yesterday I had a upsetting day so I reached for a darn lemon pie. You know those little pies they sell at market. It might have not been all that bad but I still feel bad I ate it. Im still doing ok but cant be doing that.