Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2016, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/263/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy If I'm not going to start today when will I ever?

I am 263 pounds, and I'm only eight teen I've struggled with weight my whole life it didn't get really bad until I started high school infact I gained over 100 pounds in less than five years. I start college in the fall and I don't want to let myself get to 300 pounds.

I've tried to lose weight about four years ago, well the last time I was serious about it. In the end I just lost faith in myself and gained it back plus more. I want to loose this fat I'm not saying I want to loose 100 pounds in four months that's not realistic I want to loose 100 pounds in the period of about 1-2 years I want to be about to look at myself and not worry about if I can fit on the bus I want to get into a smaller size pants I want to have clothes that actually fit!.

But most of all I want to be healthy after all I'm doing this for myself.

My biggest thing is I give up to easy and I don't really have support my mother is a big women and she tells me I'm going to be fat for the rest of my life like she is. I just don't want to not know who've I become I need support because I know I can't do this by myself I just don't know where to start.
LynxessXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/216.0/155

Height: 5"5

You can do this. Last August I was 261. I'm down to 204 today. I don't sell anything, I am not a beach body coach or drink ********** . Message me and I can help get you started.
equinechick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #3  
One Step Closer

S/C/G: 338/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Hi, Lyn. I'm sorry you feel you don't have support. This is the right place to be if you need it.

I've been exactly where you are. I was 240lbs in the 6th grade, and by time I was seventeen I weighed 338lbs. I'm nineteen and 256-257 in a little less than a year of on and off dieting (darn holidays).

What really worked for me was finding something I thought was easy to stick to which was extremely low-carb. So, you should find what works for you.

Many people seem to do either high-fat low carb, high carb low fat, or a moderate mix of both. Some people just try to listen to their bodies better and choose ealthy choices when they are hungry. No matter what you choose make sure you get enough protein.

You can find online calculators that can give you an estimate of how many calories you need a day. Make a deficit of about 500-1000 calories to lose 1-2 pounds a week. You'll probably lose a lot in the first week.

I suggest making a list of healthy foods you enjoy and ask your mom to buy some more of those instead of junk food for a start, and you don't have to replace everything right away and throw yourself into a new diet if you're not the type of person who can. It can be overwhelming and cause you to quit. You can make small changes so you won't get overwhelmed, like start by drinking flavored water instead of soda for a week. Then, next week cut out chips or chocolate. Then, starches after that.

Also, change how you cook your meals or what you use to cook them. You can really still eat most things you like in terms of food, just change how you cook them. Cook in olive oil, bake instead of fry, use coconut flour and flax seed instead of normal flour. Make your own food from basic products if you can, not premade food so you can control what goes into your meal. Plus, it's cheaper. Choose high fiber, high nutrient, unprocessed food. Brown rice and sweet potatoes over white rice and potatoes; some people even use puréed cauliflower for mash potatoes. You can usually eat these food and feel fuller longer than if you eat the regular version. Experiment find what you like, tweek your favorite meals to make them healthier.

And, try to get your mom to lose weight with you if you can. If she sees that she herself can do it, she'll realize that for most people being unhealthy is a choice. Even if you never lose a pound, anyone can be healthier. Skinny does not equal health.
MatchaPocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome. For one thing you must learn not to rely on your mom for support. She is who she is and she has her beliefs. But you shouldn't listen to anyone who tries to hold you back, she has her own selfish reasons for doing that which may be fear or despair. To each their own. But just because she doesn't understand what you're trying to do doesn't mean you have an excuse not to do it. Moms often don't understand their daughters but there are others you can reach out to like us, friends with similar problems and support groups.

I wouldn't focus on losing weight if I were you. You are much too young to fall into the diet traps and as you have already witnessed those who diet fail time and time again and end up gaining more weight than they lost. This sets you up to feel like a failure but you're not. If you take a medicine that makes you sicker than you were would you blame yourself? No, but that's exactly what people do with diets. The diets fail you and then you blame yourself for the failure. It's kinda nuts.

Instead try to build your confidence. Practice moderation and don't punish yourself for the foods you eat. Set yourself up to have a positive relationship with food, not a punitive one. You shouldn't eat things you don't like but you should also explore foods that make you feel good. Find an activity that you enjoy doing whether it is bike riding, dancing, Zumba, weight lifting, working out at home. Just make sure you enjoy doing it!

Build little habits, these add up. Like giving up sodas, do that for a couple of months and then choose another habit to work on. Slow and steady wins the race. Instead of ordering both appetizers and dessert at a restaurant pick the one you will enjoy the most. Get in touch with your hunger fullness signals and start paying attention to your eating, are you eating out of boredom, depression, anxiety, or stress. Find ways to deal with these emotions without food.

Be kind to yourself. Love yourself at any size, say kind things to the girl in the mirror, you're all she's got.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #5  

You can do it, try simple exercise and start eating healthy. Don't set a big goal but start with simple, 3-4lbs in a month. I have lost 10 lbs this month with regular exercise and diet. Just start going for walk daily(30mins), slowly start jogging and running.
JenniferDrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 128/125/107

Height: 5"3'

I am not expert but I would like to share a few things which helped me with my eating habits. Whenever I was hungry all I wanted to eat was burger, pizza, pasta ,all oily and sugary food. If I am watching TV or reading novel I would eat potato chips or other junk foods. If I had alcohol at night I would eat even more. Following changes helped me so far

I quit alcohol/soft drinks completely.When I sit in front of TV or read a novel I keep a bowl of fresh fruits or fresh raw Veg salad ready. Before having any meal I eat fruits and salads, that way when it comes to actual meals I eat less. I buy only vegetables, fruits, lentils, eggs and all other healthy foods. I don't buy and don't keep any unhealthy/oily/sugary snacks in my kitchen, no cookies/chips/dips/cheese/pasta/noodles. The best thing about the food which I have in my kitchen is I can eat it all day long without worrying about weight gain. I experiment with my food a lot to make it tasty, for example I saute onion, tomato, garlic, chilies ,cumin seeds with olive oil and mix them in my lentils soup. I saute my vegetable soup the same way and it tastes awesome. I sprinkle some lime juice, mint and cilantro as well.

I don't go out to eat, I prepare all meals myself. Home cooked food is always better and has less calories. In my opinion you can create healthy replacement of every unhealthy dish you like. For example, I replaced my chips dips with home made hummus dips, replaced chips with cucumber slices. Instead of buying juices from supermarket, I make fresh veg juices at home. I don't keep any soda bottles, I keep one water bottle next to me all the times. I have always been a vegetarian so I don't know if stopping non-veg would help you but if it does you should try once.

I would not ask you to keep track of your calories like a crazy person but you should at least have a rough idea about it, that really helps. Go to gym at least for half an hour and apart from that keep moving all day, even if you sit in front of TV keep moving during ads, clean your house, dance on your favorite music every now and then, go for a walk with your friends, use stairs. Skip dinner or eat very very light and do not eat anything after 7 pm. Start your day with hot lemon water. If you could follow all this I am sure you will lose weight really quick.
piyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #7  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Lynnxess, welcome to 3FC! I hope you are able to find the support here that you are not finding at home.

I have to say I agree a lot with Palestrina. You are so young, and at a time in your life where it is incredibly important to have an understanding of a healthy lifestyle. College will be a big change, especially when it comes to eating! I personally know I made a lot of mistakes with my health when I went away to college, and I wish I had been more aware of how important healthy eating and exercise is. Your brain will need all the vitamins it can get to keep you energized and ready to study. Your immune system will be tested in ways you probably haven't experienced (it is way too easy to get sick in that environment!).

So you have a few months to go. How about making one small change a month for the next few months until you start college? Once you get to college, evaluate your food and exercise options, and set up a plan for how you will adjust to the new environment. You're at an exciting time in your life!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote