Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 08:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Good evening everyone!

W 207.1 (nice whoosh)
I ate a Cliff Bar today and it tasted like CANDY to me. It was white chocolate macadamia nut, so yes, it is sort of like candy. Yum yum, it was so good. Otherwise, I ate my usual meals and kept to plan this past weekend.

Thank you Sundove, Flower, and Diana!

Hi Angie! Fellow Ontarian here. I live in Ottawa.

Welcome Patricia and Beloved!

Nicholsfamily I hope your new experiment goes well. You've done amazing so far! I have complete faith in you figuring out what you need to do.

Wishing everyone a terrific week!

Last edited by upandaway42; 01-31-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:48 PM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Angie Great job prepping for the week! I can totally see falling for the rescue dog. Also there is nothing like an older dog. They are usually so easy going and loving. I can see her giving the puppy a good "hair cut" as we call them.

Upandaway Congrats on the whoosh! I'm glad the bar was tasty. Great job sticking to your plan!

Total Approx 1365 calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
Grilled chicken salad w/BHF's Ranch 350 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (560 calories)
2 Bilinski sausage 160 calories
whole package sugar snap peas 200 calories
dark chocolate 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Circuit Burn Combined Workouts w/10's
Old 01-31-2016, 08:59 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Alright Everyone! It's back at it full force tomorrow! The week days I do so much better! However I did get an extreme workout done today. Took the kids to the bounce house place..and I chased my 3 year old for an hour all throughout the bounce house...(she was scared to go without me or her dad)...by the time it was over it was probably one of the most intense workouts I've done in awhile!

On another note: It has been in the 60's here in our city! I'm really crossing my fingers for the 60's tomorrow so I can walk on my lunch break! That would be awesome! We will see though.

Weigh in: None Today
Calories: High
Exercise: A ton.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend! I am excited to wear a new oufit tomorrow! TTYL!
Old 02-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #34  

Hi all will be back on the wagon mid week. Until then. Have been very good staying away from sugar.

Hi to BelovedWarrier (awesome name) Angie and Patricia. Great to meet you all!
I hope to post personals later Sunday when I am on the laptop

Last edited by flower123; 02-01-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:35 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Some people can have a cheat meal and get away with it. I am not one of those people. During my 60 years of yo yo dieting I discovered that a single cheat meal makes me want another cheat meal and then another. In no time at all I end up eating the way FAT LARRY eats. The result then has always been to gain back what I lost and gain more.

I believe that at some point during my historical abuse of carbs that I have lost the ability to metabolize carbohydrates like a normal person. It took me 60 years of failure to realize that my answer is very very simple. Eliminate carbohydrates from my life and I no longer have cravings and I lose weight. Put carbs in my life and I am constantly hungry and constantly snacking and I always gain weight as the inevitable result.

I no longer accept any excuse for deviation from my way of eating. I have been 100% on plan for 288 days as of today. My birthday - on plan, My wife's birthday - on plan, Thanksgiving - on plan, Christmas - on plan, New Years - on plan, At a restaurant and discover they have nothing on plan - I sit there and socialize without eating, Attend a funeral dinner - I socialize without eating.

I have been in all these situations and I have stayed on plan 100%. I am 71 years young and this may be my last chance. I may not have another start over chance. No excuse ever, never, never, never give in.

Also for me this is not a diet, it is a permanent life style. A diet has a beginning and an end. This way of eating is for life, it has no end.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:26 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Upandaway - wow that is a super loss for January. I need some of your willpower!
Nichollsfamily - I think you are doing amazing to get down into such small jeans! I'm like you with weekend eating though, especially this weekend!
BelovedWarrior - welcome to the thread!
Larry - very wise words!

Well my body hates me as in the last 3 days I have gone

It is TOTM and we did go out on Friday night. I was pretty good over the weekend so its a bit disheartening.
OH's birthday today so I didn't go to the gym before work, but walked the dogs with him instead and I am cooking him a venison and wild mushroom stroganoff tonight for supper.
Salad for lunch and I had porridge for breakfast so hopefully I will save enough calories to enjoy the meal with him tonight.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 AM   #37  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, whew, my in-laws came for a visit yesterday, so instead of our usual get back on plan after the weekend, it was homemade Reuben's and leftover frozen Christmas cookies...184.2 today, I know it's some water, but sheesh.

So back on plan today and hopefully, not too long to get back into the 170s. Ok, done feeling sorry for myself, it's just a number, I did my wts yesterday and jogged part of my walk, so proud of that.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a great Monday, I'll try and catch up later today
Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome to a new month and new week!

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim and Limber
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1365 +
Weigh In: 167.2
Down: 1.2 pounds

Have a great day and start to your week.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #39  
Slow and sure chick

Hi chicks
Wow, February already?
Let's see, I should see 2-3 feet of dirty snow outside, but instead, green grass and no snow. What's wrong with this picture?

The last few days I have been eating a lot less. As a result, I lost 2 more pounds. YAY me. My cravings for sugar are gone, gone, gone, as well as my craving for most carbs. I'm feeling on the verge of (dare I say it) a healthy mindset. I need to keep my body on track, so I can continue feeling better.

Thank you all for your support!
Old 02-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #40  
Andando...

Hi

210.5 today (-1.1), I seem to be on a roll !

01/31: 211.6
Breakfast
- 1 cup of coffee + slider roll + 1/5 tbsp cream cheese + 11gr turkey
Lunch
- 1 tortilla + 21gr turkey + 2tbsp shredded cheese + 1 slice of swiss
Dinner
- 2 slices of frozen pizza
Snacks
- 1/s box strawberry pocky + 1 pouch skinny cow clusters + 3 cookies + 1 latte non fat w/ peppermint

Total Calories: 1332
Old 02-01-2016, 01:21 PM   #41  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

mornin' and happy February!

I've been eating good foods, maintenance. Larry and Nichol are inspiring. Good job guys!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #42  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

HELLO! Thank you to everyone for the "WELCOME" ...

I got caught up on the posts, as this is a thread I intend to use for my encouragement. I do not "officially" begin my plan until Saturday. I see the IP nurse/coach on Friday. That will be my final research to make a decision if it's IP or SB ... either way, my NEW LIFESTYLE begins 2/6/16

Diana, I was going to ask you about the Med Blend ... but, found my answer as I read the post. I didn't see anything regarding the parfait though (may be in an earlier thread). Thanks for being so uplifting and consistent in your postings.

Angie, Thank you for the link to the IP page. I know I will be following your success story ... (love the soft heart towards the four legged friends)

flower123, Thank you for the compliment on my "name" ... I never know what to use... BTW, I love your profile picture!

LARRY!! I found what you said so profound. I copied and pasted your post into a journal I'm starting that applies to my new "lifestyle." THANK YOU, I will be reflecting upon your words and experiences often. It appears you have a decorated vest on... do I guess correctly that you are a Vet? If so... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ... so very much!

So... one foot forward and I will have ALL of YOU to WALK with me and PUSH if I need it
Old 02-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #43  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I weighed in at the clinic today, so I can't really compare to my at home weigh ins on the weekend, but since I started on 1/28 I'm down 4.8lbs

Today's food...was so good that i feel like I cheated, but my only mistake was to use more salsa than allowed (2 tbsp/day)

Breakfast (437 calories)
3 oz flank steak, 1/2 medium orange, 1 apple, 12 slices cucumber, large coffee with cream

Lunch (320 calories)
1 Joseph's pita, 3 oz chicken breast, 2 tbsp salsa, tomato soup (homemade)

Dinner (404 calories)
2 Mama Lupe tortillas, 2 oz flank steak, 2 oz chicken breast, 8 oz grilled onions and peppers, romaine, 2 tbsp salsa, 2 tsp ff cream cheese

I still have room in my day for some fruit, so I'll have some berries later if I feel hungry.

Diana -- Congratulations on your loss! I've always admired how dedicated you are to your exercise, and I see you are still at it. The prepping saves me every time...I ate so well today. The dogs are both a joy, but yes, our Faith really teaches Jigsaw some manners when he needs reminding I love the expression of giving him a good hair cut!

Watercolor -- It feels great when your plan is fitting well, congratulations on your loss!

Daydreamer -- Congrats on your loss!

BelovedWarrior -- Are you all ready for Saturday? I find it helps to do a big shop and portion everything up so that it's really easy when you need to get some veggies or fruit. Thanks, I'll be following your story too!

Hello kelijpa! Hello flower123!

Upandaway -- Hi there! How is the weather in Ottawa? It was so mild in Toronto today, and we had sunshine...it felt more like March or April.

Volatis -- That is so frustrating, but I'm sure you're right and you'll see some reward for you work once TOTM is finished and your dinner out from Friday leaves your system.

Larry -- Truth! A cheat is tough for me too, I can't recover and everything just goes off the rails. I'm challenging myself on my plan to find ways to make some really awesome meals without going off plan...it just takes a little more planning and preparation. Congratulations on your 288 days, that is remarkable!

Nicholsfamily -- Good job on getting in lots of exercise!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Good evening

W 210.0 (up 2.9 lbs!)
I'm not sure why my weight went up, but I'm guessing it might be water retention associated with ovulation because I've been within my calorie limit and eat mostly foods I've been eating over the last month. It's hard not to go "whaaaaa?" when you see a weight gain like this, but I think it's a normal fluctuation.
In other news, I have a toddler who is on a nap strike so things are a bit chaotic in the afternoons.

Angie it felt like Spring today! Unfortunately the Canal is closed for skating, which is unfortunate. Winterlude just started over the weekend.

BelovedWarrior Good luck! It's exciting to start something new! Hope your meeting with your nurse/coach goes well.

Daydreamer you're doing great! Way to go!

Watercolour great to hear about your loss and new mindset!

Diana great loss!

Volatis Thanks! January was my first month in, and I ate drastically different than in December (I had many Starbucks holiday lattes and lots of chocolates every day). I imagine I'll have trouble sticking with this over the long term!

Flower Good job staying away from sugar! That's great!

Nicholsfamily That sounds like fun, intense exercise. Good luck this week!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:13 PM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Nicholsfamily I hope the weather was nice enough for a walk.

Flower Good job working on things. I think you mentioned that you have a Dr. appointment this week. Good luck and I hope everything goes well.

Larry Keep up the great work and keep working that plan!

Volatis Enjoy the special dinner tonight.

Kelijpa Sending you good strength today. I hope today was a good one for you.

Watercolor Great job on the 2 pounds!

Daydreamer Yay for the 1.1 pounds!

CoolMom Good job maintaining! So much better than gaining.

Belovedwarrior The parfait was blueberries and raspberries topped with vanilla Greek yogurt. Pretty yummy. Good luck choosing a plan. Another thing is to look at which one do you feel will be easiest to stick to. You have to like the foods you will be eating.

Angie Congrats on your weigh in! Your foods look really good. Is Cameron able to eat in a similar way?

Upandaway That does sound like a hormonal gain. Hang in there.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Closed Thread