Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Current: 240.5, goal = 200

Height: 5 ft 6 inches

Unhappy Help! I didnt lose any, but gained 0.1 lbs :(

Hi

I have always been that fat girl at school, college, work etc. I have forever had weight issues, lost and gained a lot so many times. So I think I kind of know what to do / not do to lose weight. I started my current weight loss journey in Nov 21 -2015 when my Gynec said I could be pre-hypertensive and pre-diabetic. I was 256 back then. Fast forward to today, I weigh 240.5 and feel much stroger and fitter. I have a personal trainer @ Gym, I do 30 mins stregth per day and 20 mins cardio (This I do 3 days a week) the other 2 days I do a full 50 mins high intensity cardio. I have been eating clean every time (may be cheated 3 -4 times so far in last 2 months). Everytime I cheated I skipped following meal or ate light and worked out so I dont gain any. I have been on a plateau since last 2 weeks Zero loss, infact I have gained 0.1 lbs!!! WTF ...what am I doing wrong, how do I continue my journey and not lose motivation???? I have started maintaining food log from today. Hopefully that will give more insight into my calorie intake. Basically what I'm doing is everytime anything goes into my mouth I take a pic of the food and save it in that day's folder. Have you guys had such issues in your journey? Any idea why the I gained 0.1 lbs!!
light@endoftunnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

You might not be doing anything wrong.
See how your log goes, see if you discover anything has sneaked in that you maybe want to limit more. Give your body a break, you have lost 15.5lbs already, it might just be throwing a strop.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #3  

I'm so sore from the weights I have been lifting, I could barely walk or type! Thanks you are right, may be I need to re-check my log to asses and change some. Hopefully will see some results next week! Or worst case accept myself the way I am and continue with the healthy lifestyle. It cant get worse than that! ha ha
Old 01-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

if you are that sore from weights it could simply be water. read this http://www.livestrong.com/article/39...ance-training/
made a lot of sense to me when i kept seeing my weight creep up after a tough session.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #5  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

I've read in a few places that strenuous exercise can cause fluid retention. Based on your description of how you're feeling, it sounds like what you're doing is strenuous and you may have a bit of muscle strain going on. From the way I understand it, your body is holding on to fluid to surround and protect the strained muscles.

The one major change I'd make is to NOT skip meals. Eat if you're hungry and make healthy choices - but don't deprive your body of the nutrients and energy you need.

See the attached article about water retention in muscles:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...fter-exercise/
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #6  

Rechyl --- Ahhhhhhaaa, now I see whats going on! You are awesome, thanks for this information

Last edited by light@endoftunnel; 01-28-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #7  

Thanks Vickie Chick. You have lost so much already!! you are defently doing something right. What is your workout schedul??
Old 01-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #8  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

light@endoftunnel - actually my weightloss is over a span of two and half years I joined here at this site on June 2015.

Truthfully I'm not a "workout" person Absolutely nothing wrong with it - it just isn't my thing. For exercise, I tend to just put extra effort into my daily living. I'll park further away when I go out for errands. I vacuum vigorously. I'll dance around when something plays on the radio that really grabs me. I have a treadmill that lives in the same room as the freezer, so whenever I'm getting something in or out of the freezer, I'll hop on and take a brisk walk for a few minutes. When my busy work season is over (mid February) I plan to get back to the pool to swim a couple times a week.

My own personal approach is to try to create/maintain an eating pattern and movements that I can sustain for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Vickie Chickie; 01-28-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #9  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi Light! <3 I think it's probably a combination of things. If you've been eating well, then it's not a fat gain!

If you're exercising more and particularly lifting weights, you will be building muscle. Muscle is denser than fat and so your overall weight might go up whilst your fat levels go down! I suggest measuring your inches as well to see the difference.

Also, when you exercise and your muscles get achy, they retain water. This can be up to 5lbs of water retention! (ouch right?)

Also, your body may just be fluctuating water right now in general. TOM, hormones, stress levels, sodium intake, etc can all affect your water retention. Drink plenty of water to balance it out! <3

In all likelihood you have not gained fat. Stay strong, you are doing amazingly! Drink as much water as poss, try to limit foods high in sodium (salt), track your calorie intake and ride it out. See where you are in another week or 2. <3 Good luck!

Last edited by MsTibbles; 02-02-2016 at 03:25 PM.
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

One thing that I would suggest is keeping a food log with your foods weighed, not just photographed. It's difficult to discern by eye whether something has 100g vs 120g, etc if you're just taking a picture and not calculating it yourself. You're maintaining beautifully, so now all you need to do is subtract from that (250-500 calories/day for .5-1lb per week, or more aggressive if you can maintain that0).

For a free app, www.myfitnesspal.com is easy to use and has a huge database.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:53 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I just wanted to say I am in the exact same boat as you. I am in my 5th week of consistent dedication to my diet and exercise and have not lost a pound! I gained a pound! I was feeling so crappy. I also life weights and do cardio and make sure I am pouring sweat before I leave the gym.
People used to always tell me what I'm about to say next but it has finally become reality for me..
DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT THE SCALE SAYS! I went back to work after 3 weeks and 3 different coworkers on separate occasions complimented me on my weight loss. I was like what?! I haven't even lost a pound! The scale might not be moving just yet but I am confident that you are losing inches! So you might not be doing anything wrong. There are so many factors to consider. Who knows!
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:13 AM   #12  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Weight on the scale can fulcutulate a lot.

Tracking food, and weight long term, is key!

This is how you figure out, how, food, exercise, etc. affects your body.

A gain is not a failure.

Tracking, is data, that will tell you, what does work, and not work. Nothing more, nothing less.

Commit, to one year! Tracking the good, the bad and the ugly. Thing is the year will pass anyway. It's up to you, what you choose to do with the time!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote