Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

How's it going, Dee?

Today has gone really well so far. About 1350 calories of all nutrient-packed food, and the spike up over the weekend is starting to come back down again. I may need a small snack this evening, since the 1350 isn't quite enough I think, but we'll see.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #422  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
How's it going, Dee?

Today has gone really well so far. About 1350 calories of all nutrient-packed food, and the spike up over the weekend is starting to come back down again. I may need a small snack this evening, since the 1350 isn't quite enough I think, but we'll see.
Wow, sounds like you are doing great! I've been doing good on exercise, not as well on diet, but doing ok. I did find out that I've been vastly underestimating the amount of carbs I'm eating- apparently I'm not good at eyeballing my portions. I started using a scale, and I was WAY off. LOL. That does explain some things, haha. I'll do better now.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #423  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

So, sad to say, but I'm certain I've put on some significant poundage. I haven't weighed in a few weeks, but my clothes are tight and I'm much less lean. I've been overeating the past few weeks. Stress, I guess. Plus all the holiday treats and drinking, but it's more stress. I also haven't been exercising at all, but I'll correct that today.

I had deadlines for my grad school applications. One of my professors who would be writing me a letter of rec fell ill, so I needed to find a replacement at the last minute. Then, a different professor kept assuring me he'd get the letter in on time. He missed half of the deadlines though. He eventually got his letter in to all of the schools, but at that point, the first school had already finished reviewing applications. It's highly unlikely (as in, unheard of) that the school waived the 3-letter requirement. So I was most likely automatically rejected there, and they were the school that I had the strongest shot at to begin with. I've been really down about that, but I'm trying to stay optimistic about the other schools! Acceptance rates are ridiculously low, but I'll keep my hope alive.

Dee - Everything good with your blood sugar now? I get those episodes too, at times. It's an awful feeling!

I hope everyone's having an enjoyable holiday season! I can't believe 2017 is pretty much done!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 12-27-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #424  
Here to Learn

Chunkalunkah- Oh, I hear you! I am officially back in the 140's thread. I weighed in at 140.2 yesterday. I expect I'll drop it pretty quick IF I get my diet back on track. I kind of went off the rails since Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry about the Grad school setback, and hope that all works out for you!

My blood sugar issues are mostly under control. I think mostly I just need to listen to my body better. Some days I can IF and others I can't- the days I can't IF I will try to have a very low carb breakfast so that I still stay in fat burning mode.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #425  
Shorty getting fit

Dee - I'm glad you have a strategy that keeps the hypoglycemic episodes at bay. Sorry about the bump on the scale. I don't even want to see how much I gained! I'm not weighing until Jan 1st. I suspect I'm around 146 right now, which sucks bc that's 6 pounds above my low that took a lot of hard work to get to. But back to the grind and I'll appreciate getting fit even more this time. It's annoying how quickly I put on weight, but such is life.

Thank you so much for the grad school well wishes. I hope it works out; time will tell!
Old 12-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #426  
Shorty getting fit

Well, this was an encouraging surprise! I stepped on the scale this morning and am at 143.0. So I'm the same weight I was back in late November. I don't really know how! I've been overeating big time. I guess this calorie level is my TDEE for 143 pounds?

I may just be dehydrated.

I'm certainly bigger and more squishy than I had been at 140. Amazing what a difference a few pounds and no exercise can make.

I've been back to exercising the past few days. I feel so much better when I get that in. Ridiculous that I keep letting it slide.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #427  
Here to Learn

I hear you! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's at 139.0. Yesterday was 139.8. So it's moving down in the right direction, but I have definitely gained fat over the month of December, and definitely have more squish!
Old 12-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #428  

Hey guys! So good to be back. I didn't realize how nuts things were about to get when I started posting again after Thanksgiving. I just turned in roughly 115 pages (!) of portfolio/assignments to finish up my first semester of grad school. Between that and work and all the traveling/company/performances I was just too tired and stressed to cook so my eating habits have really, really sucked for the last few weeks. Mostly back on track now. Guessing I gained about a pound or so, and the only thing that surprises me is that it wasn't more. Honestly, I ate SO much it was really startling and frustrating. The only redeeming feature was that I've stayed pretty consistent with being active. Now that I've got a nice long break from school I should be able to focus more, yay!

Sorry to hear things aren't going well, Dee and Chunkalunkah! Glad the scale readings have been more encouraging lately. Here's to better results in the future!

Last edited by Princessroja; 12-29-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #429  
Here to Learn

Roja,

I'm glad one of us did well over the holidays! Well done on only gaining a pound! Especially since you're now back on track with your meals, I bet that pound comes off quick!

I've been doing good on exercise this month and it will only get better in January since I'll have more time with the holiday stuff being over. It's my diet that has sucked- lots more carbs and sweets than I'm used to or should have. Especially since my A1C has been high on my last 2 blood tests and has me in the pre-diabetes range. The last thing I want is diabetes, so I need to get control over my carbohydrate intake and keep my insulin levels down.

Dee
Old 12-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #430  

That's my hope too!! 149.4 this morning (150.6 yesterday) so going the right direction again. Really I've been hovering between 148 and 149.5 for the last six months, with a few bumps down (those glorious few days of 147!) or up, so that's right back in the normal range. Now to get it to go down and stay down!

Kudos on doing well with exercise at least! And that's a bit eek on the test results--I don't know much about diabetes but I find it weird your numbers are up *now*... I would have thought they'd go down the more weight you lost. You're basically at goal weight, right? I hope those numbers go down stat for you!!

Last edited by Princessroja; 12-30-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:45 PM   #431  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
that's a bit eek on the test results--I don't know much about diabetes but I find it weird your numbers are up *now*... I would have thought they'd go down the more weight you lost. You're basically at goal weight, right? I hope those numbers go down stat for you!!
I felt it was weird too- why would my A1C go up after losing 70 lbs? So weird. I actually have started doing home monitoring of my blood glucose levels like a diabetic would, to see if something I'm doing or eating is spiking my sugars. One possibility is it's my morning coffee. In some people, coffee will spike blood sugar and also spike cholesterol. I know for a fact it spikes my cholesterol because my cholesterol always drops if I quit coffee for a while, but I can never stay off it. It's my one vice, I want to keep it, haha.

I'm down to 137.6 today, so I'm glad to see the weight falling back down. I think my bump up on the scale might have been due to the insane amount of carbs I ate at Christmas dinner, and then the leftovers. There were rolls, and I never eat bread. But I did on Christmas. There was pie, I had pie. There was fruit salad, and I had that too. And bread cube stuffing for the turkey- I had that too. So I had like more carbs in one meal than I usually do probably in a week, haha.

Do either of you have any goals / plans for the new year? My goal is to drop back down to 135.0 in weight, but want to reduce my BF% from the current 32% to 25% which would be about 10 lbs of fat, and then I want to gain 10 lbs of muscle. That's my goal. I've been doing a lot more resistance training to try and regain some muscle- I lost a lot of muscle during the weight loss phase and I feel weak. I hate feeling weak.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #432  

How odd! Hopefully all the stuff you're doing will drop it right back down again (and yay for the scale going down!). I feel you on the carbs... oh man that was this Christmas for me too.

I haven't decided fully but I think I might try doing the one pound a week thing again. It really worked for me last year and it's hard to get myself motivated without it. I want to do more cardio too; I've started doing dance parties in my living room and that's a good way to get some cardio in for sure. I just hate most forms of it so finding something I like is crucial.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #433  
Shorty getting fit

Happy 2018, guys!

Roja - Congrats on the first semester down in your grad program! How long is your program?

Dee - I hope your A1C goes down. I didn't know coffee could spike blood sugar; that's interesting. Your recomp goal is cool! I want to switch over to that method once I reach my initial weight loss goal.

My goal this year is to drop about 20 pounds by July. So that would be a rate of about 0.76 pounds each week. I think I can do that. When I stick with my exercise routine and chosen calorie level, I usually lose a little less than 1 pound/week. So I may just squeak in.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #434  

That sounds like a very realistic goal, Chunkalunkah! And thanks for the congrats--it's 3 semesters long, but for me it's been a longer journey. I did three semesters towards my MFA a few years back and left mid-program--I got married and two years of long-distance marriage wasn't worth it for a program I didn't feel was really for me--took a few years off, and am finally going back (via a different but similar degree path) to finish up. So I started in 2013... it'll be a 5.5 year journey by the time I graduate! Can't WAIT.

Last edited by Princessroja; 01-01-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #435  
Shorty getting fit

I'm so happy for you, Roja! I completely understand about switching paths and it making the second one that much sweeter.
Closed Thread