Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #406  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Roja, nice!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #407  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Thanks, Dee and Roja!

Dee - I'm glad you have the internet back! Three weeks w/o it, oh my. That's rough! I understand your excitement at getting BoD back. Which workout did you do?

Roja - Ugh, TOM. It sure can mess up weight loss. How's the streak going?

JBurton - Welcome back!

My pants feel a little snug. I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks, but I think I'm probably up a pound or two. I've gotta get more mindful of my eating. I've been eating too many carbs lately, which isn't a good WOE for me personally. Bloats me and doesn't satiate me. I don't need to keep carb grams super low. <100 g is when I naturally eat the calorie level that I need to lose weight. So back to what I know my body needs!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #408  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
Thanks, Dee and Roja!

Dee - I'm glad you have the internet back! Three weeks w/o it, oh my. That's rough! I understand your excitement at getting BoD back. Which workout did you do?

My pants feel a little snug. I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks, but I think I'm probably up a pound or two. I've gotta get more mindful of my eating. I've been eating too many carbs lately, which isn't a good WOE for me personally. Bloats me and doesn't satiate me. I don't need to keep carb grams super low. <100 g is when I naturally eat the calorie level that I need to lose weight. So back to what I know my body needs!
Chunkahlunkah- I did T25 Gamma Cardio. i love the pace on that one! It's quite a challenge to try to keep up! And the footwork is so fun.

I also put on 2 lbs over the weekend and honestly I'm baffled. I'm not sore so it's not water weight from DOMS. I'm post-menopausal (supposedly, anyway) so it shouldn't be TOM. Not sure what on earth? A 2 lb jump like that is really unusual for me if I've been sticking to my diet, and I pretty much have been. Here's hoping it drops back off quickly!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #409  
Shorty getting fit

Dee - Wow, Gamma! I haven't done that level yet. My BoD 3 mo subscription ended earlier this month. Once I'm done with my apps, I'm going to get it again. I'm curious to try Gamma. I wish T25 wasn't so hard on my knees. I like T25, but I can't do it often bc of that. Does soreness have to be present for it to be exercise-induced water weight? Exercise always bumps me up a little, even w/o any soreness. Do you feel the same size?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #410  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
Dee - Wow, Gamma! I haven't done that level yet. My BoD 3 mo subscription ended earlier this month. Once I'm done with my apps, I'm going to get it again. I'm curious to try Gamma. I wish T25 wasn't so hard on my knees. I like T25, but I can't do it often bc of that. Does soreness have to be present for it to be exercise-induced water weight? Exercise always bumps me up a little, even w/o any soreness. Do you feel the same size?
I didn't find Gamma to be much more hard than Beta-physically- it was more that the footwork was a little bit more advanced. That gives me trouble, a little, because unlike Shaun T, I have no background in dance. But it's fun to try to keep up!

T25 hasn't been a problem for my knees but I also don't try to get up off the floor that high. When I did Insanity (the original one) it absolutely trashed my knees in about 4 weeks and I had to stop the program. In T25, for jumping I literally might only leave the ground 1" and then land soft. Since Insanity, I'm much more cognizant that my knees don't like to be hammered. I also don't tend to do T25 every day, but rather rotate in Piyo or P90X/P90X3 or hiking every other day. And I think that's been key to help me not hammer my knees.

Based on what happened to me this week, I would have to say "no" to your question of whether I have to be sore to retain water because my weight jumped up 2 lbs after a hike on Saturday despite the fact that I was definitely not sore and also hadn't gone and eaten a bunch of carbs- those are the two things that usually impact my water weight. I'm still a bit baffled at what it was, but the weight is falling off now again, I'm down 1.2 lbs of water as of this morning. I didn't quite feel the same size, either- my stomach was kind of pooched out. It was a bit like hormonal water retention, but since I'm (at least according to blood tests) post-menopausal I was a bit surprised by that.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 11-21-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #411  
Shorty getting fit

Dee - Interesting, I didn't have a clue that Gamma was more about increased complexity rather than increased intensity. That's so odd about the mystery bloat, but I'm glad it's dissipating.

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 143. I've been below that for a long time. I didn't even gain that much during my London stuff-my-face extravaganza! It's crazy how quickly I put on weight if I'm not exercising AND eating too many carbs. The latter, for me, inevitably leads to me consuming more calories than I do when eating lower carb, although certainly not enough calories for all of this gain to be actual fat. I'm probably retaining a couple pounds of water, but I wouldn't be surprised if I put on a pound of fat. I just back from grocery shopping. I bought my staples that help me keep carbs <100 g. I've gotta nip this in the bud!

For all celebrating, !
Old 11-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Chunkalunkah, the streak... well, it didn't continue. Didn't make great eating choices over the weekend. It's been better the last two days since I was like, nope, not giving up, nope nope nope, so that's good. Mostly I'm not thinking there will be a lot of progress made over Thanksgiving weekend! But anyway the scale has been giving me crazy high numbers which is super discouraging. I know some of it is from TOM, but I'm worried all of it isn't. Which also is very frustrating, because I ate like crap all summer long and barely gained an ounce, and now suddenly my weight is shooting up as soon as I... try to eat better and less? Huh?

I also find it funny all three of us on this thread have seen sudden large weight gain for unknown reasons. What, is there some weight gain virus floating through the 140s thread??
Old 11-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #413  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
Chunkalunkah,

I also find it funny all three of us on this thread have seen sudden large weight gain for unknown reasons. What, is there some weight gain virus floating through the 140s thread??
LOL! True! Although if I gain after today I'll know why. I ate bread for the first time in over a year last night. My mother in law made fresh rolls. If they hadn't been piping hot out of the oven, I could have resisted. But they were piping hot. And so I had one. I probably gained 5 lbs just from that, and haven't even had Thanksgiving dinner yet! (I'm super sensitive to wheat products- they blow me up like a balloon.)
Old 11-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #414  

EagleRiverDee, so did the scale blow up as anticipated? Hopefully not!

I'm pretty happy; I handled Thanksgiving dinner really well yesterday and today's eating has been great too. Lots of healthy foods and I've gone for the fruits and vegetables. I'm at a skating competition and I'm eating on a budget so there's no money for dessert. This is a very effective way of not eating any! :P Plus I've done a good bit of walking today... not a lot but as much as my hip could stand. More, really; the walk this morning hurt a lot, but oh well.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:41 PM   #415  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
EagleRiverDee, so did the scale blow up as anticipated? Hopefully not!

I'm pretty happy; I handled Thanksgiving dinner really well yesterday and today's eating has been great too. Lots of healthy foods and I've gone for the fruits and vegetables. I'm at a skating competition and I'm eating on a budget so there's no money for dessert. This is a very effective way of not eating any! :P Plus I've done a good bit of walking today... not a lot but as much as my hip could stand. More, really; the walk this morning hurt a lot, but oh well.
Not as bad as I was expecting, but I was 138.0 the day after Thanksgiving. I ate things I NEVER eat. I had fresh bread rolls (I haven't eaten bread in over a year) and also fresh homemade pecan pie (one slice per day the past 3 days- but it's gone now, thank goodness!). Yesterday I made up for it a little by only eating once, I don't mind fasting for long durations. Beginning today (not counting the slice of pie) I will be reverting back to low carb also, until Christmas when I am certain I will once again go insane for a couple of days. Haha. I think at Christmas I will forgo baking a pie, and that should help.

That's great that you handled Thanksgiving well! Way to go, sticking to plan. Better than me, for sure! Staying busy and walking also definitely help. I do a bit of volunteering today at church, so I'll get some walking in later. I did get up and do a workout this morning, which makes me feel like it helps offset the pie some haha.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #416  
Here to Learn

I'm not sure what's going on with my body the past few days. First, my appetite probably doubled. I had read that as you get closer to ideal body fat %, your body will shift from preferentially using body fat for energy to needing to replace it with food. So I wasn't alarmed. I am struggling, however, to eat enough. I don't count calories, and just eat intuitively but I've gotten used to eating a certain amount of times per day and a certain amount of food per day and it's a bit of a struggle to get in enough calories to feel like I'm eating enough. The other day I got (what felt like) a severe hypoglycemic episode, like I had to eat right NOW, I felt like I was going to pass out. I haven't had anything like that happen in years. I think it was related to the fact that over Thanksgiving I had a piece of pie 3 days in a row and I'm not used to eating sugary stuff and I figured I'd switched from fat burning to carb burning and just needed to get back on track with eating low carb/high fat. But I've been shaky now for 3 days. I do have a doctor's appt tomorrow and I am going to ask about that. I also am going to start checking my blood sugar at home. I also started eating breakfast again. This morning because I didn't have a lot of time I took oatmeal to work with me (the old fashioned kind) with a pat of butter on it. It's more carbs than I like to eat but I didn't have time to make eggs or anything this morning. In any case, I ate that and have been drinking a coffee loaded with real cream and that should be plenty of calories and fat and yet I still feel shaky. I don't understand what is happening with my body.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #417  

EagleRiverDee, that sounds miserable. Glad you have an appt tomorrow; hopefully the doctor can give some good advice, because that sounds mystifying!

I've stuck more or less to plan over vacation and that's a good thing. I mean, I didn't lose any but I didn't gain any either and considering we had to eat out for most meals (no kitchen :/) that's good. Finally the water weight from TOM is dropping off after two weeks so that's also encouraging. But mostly I'm just discouraged. It's not the best idea to start a weight loss campaign right before TOM and a vacation back to back. There's also been some stressful things at home that have been taking a lot of energy, but they should soon be resolved. Hopefully all of those things together will result in some, you know, results, because this lack of results is very discouraging.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #418  
Here to Learn

Roja, I think with what you've had going on, maintaining is a victory in itself. Don't feel discouraged- you didn't gain over the holiday, or while on vacation, or while eating out every meal! Those are NSV's!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #419  

EagleRiverDee, that's true, I suppose, but it sure did start to feel like I was gaining, since that 150+ number wouldn't budge. Yesterday it dropped to 149.2 and today to 148.4 so it really was just all water, whew! Looking forward now to seeing the number really drop--any more loss now will be an actual down drop, because I've been hovering in between 148.2 and 149 for several months. Still feel a little apprehensive, like, will I really be able to do it? But I know I can!

edit: I weighed myself a second time this morning and got the lovely number of 147.8!! Woohoo!!!

second edit: I just realized that I didn't respond to your post, JBurton! Welcome to the thread!

Last edited by Princessroja; 12-01-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #420  
Here to Learn

Roja- sweet! Congratulations!
Closed Thread