Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 255/mtnd 145-149 New goal: 139

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfat View Post
Congrats movingforward & Theresa! Great progress.

Welcome! I haven't been in the 130s since middle school (grades 6-8) and I'm also hoping to lose weight (well, I already have lost some lol) for my wedding, next December. I'm going dress shopping in a couple months so I want to be within 5-10 lbs of my final goal weight by then. Best of luck!

I'm down to 142.6 this morning! I can tell lately when I'm going to have a drop because my hipbones are just that much more defined, lol. It's funny, I fluctuated quite a bit this week (143.8, 143.2, 143.6, 142.8, 143, 143.2, now 142.6) but I much prefer that to what happened the week before, which was 144.8, then 144.2 for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT, ha.
Wow that's fantastic! You're totally on a downward trend and getting so close to being out of the 140s. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Mine is in April, so just 3 short months. I promised my alterations lady that I wouldn't lose more than five pounds Shopping within 5-10 pounds of your goal is perfect!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
How exciting Theresa! My mom lost tons of weight years ago with Nutrisystem. I'm sure it's a different program now because that was over 20 years ago. Nonetheless, I've seen good results firsthand. The fact that you weren't hungry is great!

I've finally registered my first loss! I'm down this morning to 145.3. And that's after I had a pretty generous cheat meal last night.
It's encouraging that your mom lost with Nutrisystem. I did get a bit hungry before dinner tonight, but had my veggies early to help. Congratulations on being doing to 145.3 today. Keep up the good work. Noting tastes as good as being slim feels.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:16 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Waves!

Theresa, That's a great quote! I've heard it before, but need to keep it more at the forefront when I'm faced with temptation.

I've spent time today researching fitness trackers and watches. My problem is that so many of them look so big and masculine. I like the idea of a lot of functionality. If I had a crystal ball and could tell how much I'll actually use the functions and wear the thing, that would be great. Ugh!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #64  

Quote:
Welcome Waves!

Theresa, That's a great quote! I've heard it before, but need to keep it more at the forefront when I'm faced with temptation.

I've spent time today researching fitness trackers and watches. My problem is that so many of them look so big and masculine. I like the idea of a lot of functionality. If I had a crystal ball and could tell how much I'll actually use the functions and wear the thing, that would be great. Ugh!
Moving Forward- I love that quote. It's so very true. Nothing can take me off my food plan, not even coffee ice cream. I watched as my husband gobbled apple pie and pizza and wasn't even tempted because I feel so good.
I don't know anything about fitness trackers, but do have a treadmill and must decided when to add exercise to my journey. My husband began 3 days ago on the treadmill and that's a great incentive for me. I think I need to finish my first week on Nutrisystem before I exercise due to this week being only 1,000 calories per day. Then it goes up to 1,200 calories.
Keep up your excellent work.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Welcome Waves!

I have a Fitbit Charge HR. It is definitely not as feminine and pretty as my rose gold watch that I would wear instead of it, but at this time in the year, it is primarily covered by my sweaters, so no one really sees it (I guess that depends how cold it is where you are!). The Surge is huge, I wouldn't get that.

I find it very motivating and extremely helpful to my journey. I am aiming for a certain calorie goal now (1500 calories) and this helps me exercise enough (just walking, but I have a Labrador, so I have a great excuse to walk, and I also walk to work, grocery store, etc.) to burn at least 2000 per day and get my deficit to -500. It's helpful for me because I won't go below 1400-1500 (triggers my binge urges) so I need to know how much to move to get my daily burn up high enough.

Anyways, I am down to 141.8. ???? I'm partly worried that I will shoot straight back up tomorrow when I get back on my birth control pills after the week off, since it seems like a big dip for the amount of deficit I'm on. I think we burn more calories during our period as well, though, so whatever. I'm counting it. Only two pounds until the 130s!
Old 01-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #66  

How exciting Ladyfat! I'll hope it sticks. Thanks for your input on the Fitbits. You must be doing a lot of walking to be burning 2000 calories! Or are you also counting in calories needed for all of your bodily functions? That's pretty impressive. Are you getting that estimate from your Fitbit? I did one hour of walking yesterday at a nice clip and the estimate I got from MyFitnessPal was about 217 calories. Whatever you're burning, you are losing so it is working!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #67  

2000 calories is the TDEE estimate - so everything I burn in a day. Not just from the walking, lol, that is more like 200-500 calories on top of my BMR type thing. Yes I'm using the Fitbit estimate. I've compared expected weight loss (using Fitbit's numbers + my calorie counts) and it's pretty on the nose for me.

Ok, but ladies, today I am 141. I checked my scale with a bag of dog food to verify it's not weighing weirdly low. No. It's on point. I'm 141 pounds? Apparently I lost 2.2 pounds in the past week, which makes no sense (I was nowhere near that deficit). The only change was I had my period (now back on birth control) so I'm not sure if I lost a lot of water weight (I drank SO MUCH water yesterday because I was thirsty, so I was thinking maybe I was dehydrated yesterday, but no chance of being dehydrated today) or WHAT. I mean, I'll take it, I'm just hoping it sticks and continues lol.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #68  

I'm now at 140. Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe I have a really heavy uterine lining? Lol. So, post-period, I lost about 3 pounds since last week. Normally I lose 1. Crazy! I'm really scared I'll bounce back up.

So apparently .2 away from the 130s, although I'm not sure what's going on and I'm sure I'll stall any time now.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #69  

WOW! You're at 140 today. That's amazing progress. Don't forget to start a thread for out of the 130's because I will be joining you. I was 143 last Friday and will weigh myself this Friday. My calories this week on the starter package (Turbo10) of Nutrisystem has been just 1,000 calories so I know I lost. The question is how much. I'm looking for 2 pounds or more this week. Keep your fingers crossed. Theresa
Old 01-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #70  

I hit 139.8 this morning!

I'm moving to the 130s in the featherweights thread since it is already active! Hope to see you all there soon (if you have aspirations of getting out of the 130s, if you want to stay there, good luck on whatever your 130s goal is!).
Old 01-13-2016, 07:03 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfat View Post
I hit 139.8 this morning!

I'm moving to the 130s in the featherweights thread since it is already active! Hope to see you all there soon (if you have aspirations of getting out of the 130s, if you want to stay there, good luck on whatever your 130s goal is!).
Good for you. Congratulations on getting out of the 140's. That's fantastic!
Enjoy the 130's featherweights thread.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #72  

Congrats Ladyfat! Woo-hoo!
Old 01-15-2016, 08:32 AM   #73  

I'm down to 141.5 this morning and am so happy. Just 1.5 pounds to go and I'm joining the featherweights. Woo-Hoo!
Old 01-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #74  

Yesterday was a very good day and today is also. I know I'm losing and that makes me feel so good. I can't wait to join the featherweights.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #75  

Ladyfat, does your clothes fit better getting out of the 40s.

Can I ask what did you do to lose those last lbs? What work for you? I am 149 now, so I am looking forward to get out of the 40s soon.

Thank you.

Last edited by KitKat85; 01-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Closed Thread