Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #361  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

141.0 today, which is a new low. Only 1.1 pounds until I can see that glorious 3.

My sister's always been thin, I'm talking size 2/0 thin. But a few years back, she went through a phase for a couple of years when she put on a little weight. Not much. During that time, she was a size 8 and 6. She's back to her normal size, so those clothes no longer fit her. She passed them on to me, and the 8s now fit comfortably! I'm lucky bc she's into fashion so her clothes are nice quality, better than what I buy for myself. It's been fun wearing nice new outfits.

For a long time, I've had barely any interest in fashion. I probably haven't given it much thought since my teens. I tend to slide into "uniforms" where I have multiple colors of the same shirt and wear that with similar pants most of the time. But my sister's clothes have awoken in me an appreciation for nicely made stuff. Those clothes just feel better on the body, and I'm a sucker for that. So I think once I'm down to whatever becomes my stop point (I might stop sooner than 119), I'll invest in some new clothes and a (small) step up the quality ladder from what I had before. I'd been eager to fit back into my old clothes again, but now I'm more excited to get new ones.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-13-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #362  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Lunkah, I'm at 140.6 today, we're both so close! Can't wait to hit the 130's.

Congrats on being a size 8, and how cool that you "inherited" your sister's nice wardrobe! It's cost me a small fortune in new clothes as I've lost weight. It made me really regret giving away all my "skinny" clothes from before. I'm also a size 8 these days, and it's so nice. That was the size I was before I gained all the weight.

My initial weight goal was 135, but I may end up going lower. 18 years ago (when I began putting the weight on) I had a lot more muscle and so 135 looked really good on me. Now my scale says that while my BMI is normal, my scale is one of those that also will check your body fat percentage, and it says I'm 34% body fat and that's too much. So I either probably need to go about 10 lbs lower (so make 125 my goal) or put on more muscle. My current plan is to stop at 135 and do a round of P90X or similar and see if I can put on some muscle while losing some of the fat. I love feeling functionally strong, and my lifestyle makes being strong a good thing. I'd like to be 135 but about 25% BF.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #363  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
. My current plan is to stop at 135 and do a round of P90X or similar and see if I can put on some muscle while losing some of the fat. I love feeling functionally strong, and my lifestyle makes being strong a good thing. I'd like to be 135 but about 25% BF.
Good plan!

For the same reason, I'm open to stopping at higher weight. I figure if my BF % is lower from strength training, I might look the same at, say, 123, as I used to at 115. I'm curious to check my BF %. My scale doesn't have that option. Maybe I'll get one in the future.

Congrats to us for making it through the 140s and being so close to the new decade. I wonder on what day it'll happen...
Old 09-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #364  
Shorty getting fit

140.6 today
Old 09-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #365  
Here to Learn

Way to go!

141.0 for me. I went a little crazy on carbs yesterday. I'll be low carbing it today.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #366  
Shorty getting fit

I'm still at 140.6 today, but I expect it to go up soon. My period is coming up, and I'm already feeling the associated cramps and bloatedness. I generally don't have much of a sweet tooth, but around my period I crave carby sweetness. Last night I ended up having two cookies and a glass of milk, which put me about 400 calories over my goal. Meh, it happens sometimes. And it hit the spot, so that was good.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-15-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #367  
Here to Learn

140.2 today. My body seems so determined to not let me get into the 130's, lol! I know it's me- I'm self-sabotaging lately with too many carbs. I'm so close to goal that I think I just feel, "Well, 1/2 pint of ice cream won't hurt." "Well, a bowl of tapioca pudding won't hurt." And yet I know it's exactly that which is stalling out my weight loss and keeping me from hitting goal. I need to buckle down, get serious, and lose the rest and then if I want to eat that stuff in maintenance I can. I did good on carbs yesterday- 101. And that was with homemade french fries at dinner- because I fasted until lunch and had no carbs at lunch.

Two cookies and a glass of milk sounds delicious!

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 09-15-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #368  
Shorty getting fit

140.2, you're killing me with the suspense! My bet is you break into the 130s within the next few days. I seriously wish we could gamble on this. Way more interesting to me than a racetrack.

With you having so little to lose, I think you're actually losing at a strong rate. I know that with myself anyway, when I have little to lose, my weight loss rate is typically only 0.25 lbs/week (unless I'm going hardcore on exercise).
Old 09-17-2017, 02:23 AM   #369  
Here to Learn

Hi! So this morning (drum roll) I weighed in at 139.4. Which is exciting but I was also really dehydrated so I'm not going to say I actually weigh that until I see it on the scale a few more times. But it was exciting to see, even if one glass of water makes it disappear, haha.

Your comment made me LOL!

We are so close to being in the 130's thread. Is there a 130's thread? I'm not actually wanting to "break out" of the 130's though, I just want to get in there!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #370  
Shorty getting fit

I understand wanting to see the weight a few times before it's official, but as far as I'm concerned, you did it!!! You're a champion of the 3. I would raise your arm like Rocky right now if I could.

So the sweet 16th of Sept ended up being your day. Gorgeous time of the year for a holiday. I'll be lobbying to make it national 130s Day.

I'm pretty sick right now and feel like a bloated blob from all the meds and germs. I'm hoping I feel better by the time I leave for vacay this Saturday. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #371  
Here to Learn

Lunkah,

Oh no, you're sick? That's awful. I hope you feel better ASAP! I definitely hope you feel better before your vacation. Are you going anywhere exciting?

Anyway, I'm back to 140.0 as of yesterday morning and this morning. I expected it, because I was very dehydrated when I weighed in at 139.4. Once I re-hydrated I went back up, but 140.0 is getting me there, anyway!

Haha, "National 130's day"- I like it! But let's delay it a little - we'll both be there soon!
Old 09-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #372  
Shorty getting fit

I'm going to London. The trip's been in the works for over 6 months. I'm excited it's almost here. I've been sick since Saturday. My sinus infections almost always run the same course, so by treating this one early, I'm hoping to contain its misery. I called in sick today and am now feeling better than since it started. It's hard to know if I'm on the upswing, or if it's all the meds masking the symptoms. Regardless, I'm glad it's not getting worse! I'm determined to be better before I fly out Saturday. My plan in London, as it is on most of my vacays, is lots of walking and eating. Need my energy.

Kind of you to delay the holiday for my arrival in the 130s. I hope you're patient.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-18-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #373  
Shorty getting fit

Well this is a relief! I hadn't weighed since last Fri. I had a couple very high calorie days the past week, and haven't been moving much at all. Add to that all the meds I'm on... I've felt super squishy, like I lost gains in toning and gained some fat. Today I stepped on the scale and first made a silent plea that I not be up more than 2 pounds. And I'm not normally one to beg the scale. Well, turns out I was worried for nothing bc not only did I not gain, but I'm even down a couple ounces from my previous low. I'm now 140.2. So close to that 3!

Saturday morning is the last day I'll get to weigh this month. After that, I'll be away from my scale until the morning of Oct 2nd. And that morning's WI will most likely not be all that easy on the eyes since I'm planning to eat at maintenance/slightly above it while on this trip. Hopefully all the walking will help mitigate the damage. I typically gain 0-3 pounds on these types of vacations, and lose any gains pretty quickly after returning home.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #374  
Here to Learn

Yay on the new low! Woot!

I think it's totally cool to give yourself some leeway while on vacation and then get back on it when you get back. And who knows, all that walking may leave you very pleasantly surprised when you get back. At the very least, you're bound to increase your fitness.

My weight is static right now. But I have a doctor's appointment in 2 weeks, and I kind of want to double down on my diet so I can hit goal weight before I go, just to do it. This doctor has guided me for the past 9 years, she's helped me overcome my thyroid disease and more recently has been treating my gut dysbiosis. When I first met her, I brought a photo of me that was about 9 years old and told her, "THIS (the photo) is me. THIS (pointing at my body) is not me." I was nearly 100 lbs overweight at that point, bloated, round faced, sick, and miserable. I want to be able to go into her office looking like that before pic, and tell her that she's the one that helped me get there.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #375  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I want to be able to go into her office looking like that before pic, and tell her that she's the one that helped me get there.
That's a great goal. Good luck with the final pounds!

I think even if your appointment were today, she'd be seeing the person in the "before" pic. You've done an amazing job.
Closed Thread