Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks nftm!! I hope we both have a great week and that you see the 176's next Wednesday!
Old 01-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #467  

It's Saturday and I peeked at the scale again. It STILL says 180. I'm getting a bit frustrated because I have been faithful to doing low carb, but I'm not seeing results. I think I might switch to calorie counting and see if that makes a difference.

Monday is my oldest son's birthday, he's turning six. I will be making his birthday cake, and I would like to be able to have some, which wouldn't be possible on a low carb diet due to the wheat and sugar in the cake.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:40 AM   #468  

NFTM I know it is easier said than done, but try not to get too discouraged about the number you saw the other day, a lot can change in a day or two! Do you feel any difference in the way your clothes are fitting?

How long have you been on low carb? My 2 week experience with low carb was not impressive compared to some of the great results that others have in that time frame. I don't know if I didn't stick with it long enough, or I was possibly eating too many calories, definitely too much dairy though! I switched to calorie counting and I love it and saw a loss the week I switched. We are all individuals though so I think its important to experiment and find something that is easy to stick with and that gives you the results that you are looking for!

I hope that your son has a nice b-day and that you enjoy that cake!! My little guy turns 4 on Wednesday and we had his party yesterday. To say that I did not do well would be the understatement of the year. I am going to do a water fast today to try to flush all the gluten out of my system. I took a peak this morning to see the damage and I was back to 178.2, but I would fully expect to see another bump up tomorrow!
Old 01-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #469  

Thanks, Kfunk. I'm going to stick it out... I will stay low carb (because consistency is supposed to be key in dieting, from what I hear) but I think I'm going to do a different version of low carb. I was remembering the other day that how I started low carb two years ago was with the Atkins program. I'm going to switch over to that, it's not too much different from what I am doing now, but in my opinion it's less restrictive because you can have the Atkins products. I had lost 20 lbs in three months, dropped 2 sizes from an 18 to a 14, and then I got pregnant with my third child. So then I fell off the dieting wagon. I just thought, if it worked for me before, maybe it will work for me again. I guess I'll find out!

I'm going to try to abstain from the cake, or at least just have a very small piece.

Happy birthday to your little boy! My middle son turned four two weeks ago exactly on christmas. My youngest's birthday is two weeks exactly from today, he turns one. I'm not sure how I managed to birth my kids two weeks exactly after each other, lol.

Don't worry about your bump, you'll lose it soon enough and then some. And hopefully I will, too.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #470  

NFTM That is awesome that you are sticking it out and switching to Atkins. The results you had before your pregnancy were awesome!! That is a huge part of my problem, I get way too impatient and switch up my plan before I have a chance for it to work.

How did it go last night? I haven't decided what the game plan is for tomorrow. I know that I definitely am not going to allow my self any cake, I had way too much on Sunday. We will be taking him out to eat though, so I hope I am able to make a smart decision and then not let it turn into a binge!

That is crazy about your kids being exactly 2 weeks apart!! My husband has a cousins, from the same family, that have the same bday, what are the odds?!

I peaked again today and am starting to come back down. I drank a ton of water yesterday and did a mini fast. 176.6. I am REALLY bad at only weighing once a week!!

Last edited by kfunk6113; 01-09-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #471  

Hi kfunk! The birthday went well, except that I way over indulged on treats, and had a small piece of cake. I tried to make up for it yesterday, but my body isn't ready to make up for it, lol. The scale said 181.2 this morning. I am pretty sure that it's mostly water weight. I don't really want to go back to the 180's thread for a little blip like that, so I am staying here. It will probably be back to the 170's by the next weigh-in.

How did you do with your second party? I hope your weigh-in goes better than mine.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #472  

nftm I totally agree, stay here, its all water!! I weighed myself on Monday to see what the damage was after my destructive weekend and I was up to 178.2 but figured it was a lot of water and I was right because yesterday I was 173.6. I have been drinking water like its my job and it helps, hopefully you will see a big drop back down too next week!!

I was very proud of my choices yesterday!! I had my normal coffee and oatmeal before we left the house and were out and about and I got REALLY lightheaded and it felt like my blood sugar had dropped so I ended up eating a 4 piece chicken nugget from mcdonalds with a medium fry and then my son had picked Perkins for dinner and I ordered a cup of wild rice soup and a southwest salad (small) and it filled me up and it was good!! All that sodium though and I am sure that I went up today, but it should flush out by next Wednesday for sure.

Great job only having a small piece of cake for your son's bday!! I really admire that trait because it is easier for me to completely abstain than it is to eat in moderation.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #473  

NFTM: how have things been going for you?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #474  

Good morning NFTM, I hope all is well with you, haven't seen you post in a few days.

171 on the nose this morning which brings me to an even -85 lbs. lost!
Old 01-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #475  

Wow, that's awesome kfunk! You're almost out of this thread!

I had a binge day yesterday. Ack. I had gotten down to 178 on Sunday... And then I ate things not on Atkins... Wasn't following the rules. And now I'm at 179.6 today. Back to square one. It's okay, I'm aiming to do better.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #476  

nftm good job on getting back down to 178 this past Sunday! I bet it takes no time to get back there!!
Old 01-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #477  

Thanks kfunk, I hope so!
Old 01-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #478  

Alright, I am changing things up. Low carb does not seem to be working for me like it did in the past, I keep losing and regaining the same 3-4 pounds. And I miss eating regular food! So I am going to try calorie counting, and staying somewhere between 1200 and 1700 calories a day. We'll see how that goes, it seems like it's working really well for you, Kfunk! 🙂
Old 01-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #479  

NFTM - I hope that calorie counting works well for you, I love it!! I took Saturday off as a free day and way over did it!! I am 175.2 as of this morning, but I think a majority of that will come off the next few days. I am bloated and very, very sore everywhere so no doubt am retaining a bunch of fluid!

I hope that you had a great weekend!!
Old 01-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #480  

Hi Kfunk! Yes, I am loving calorie counting. I don't feel so restricted about my food choices, I can eat chips and bread and potatoes if I want. I just have to make room for it in the calorie budget. It's really nice!

So two things. Yesterday was my youngest son's birthday, so more cake. I am done with birthdays for a few months, so that's good. But I am pretty sure I went over on my calories by a bit. I stopped logging at some point. Today will be better for logging.

The other thing is that I started my period a couple of days ago so I am a bloated mess. Yuck. And it's definitely affecting the scale. Before I started my period, I was at 178.4! Yay! Now after yesterday and my period, I'm at 180.2. I know tomorrow is official weigh in day, I hope it will come down a few points. But I'm sure that after my period things will look a lot better.

I'm sure your free day didn't do too much to your weight. What is that thing... 1 lb of fat is 3500 calories, so in order to gain an actual pound of fat, you'd have to go over that much on your calories for the day.
Closed Thread