Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

tdse Welcome!! Congrats on your 20 lb. loss!! What have you been doing to lose this weight?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #362  

Height: 5'7"

Yay, people! It’s great seeing all these people on the board. Hello! I wish you all so much success that your heads will swim

It’s my Sunday morning weigh in and I’m down a skosh- .4 pounds to 175. I’m just so incredibly pleased that I didn’t gain anything. This week kicked my butt. I decided to skip this coming week of workouts because I’m feeling too run down. Hopefully I’ll feel energized when I start back again. This week I had trouble staying within my calorie limit and I didn’t track as well because I didn’t want to see it. I managed to get in over 11 miles of walking. This week I’m using both the MyPlate app and MyFitnessPal so I can better track recipes. Since I’m off phentermine, I feel like cooking again and MyFitnessPal is better at recipes. 🤞🏾 For another week of losing pounds for us all!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #363  

TheMeIwant2be Congratulations on your loss this week, that must feel great!! I think that its a smart move to listen to your body and take it easy. Getting sick would be no fun at all! I have been struggling a ton lately, and I made the decision to stop low carb and go back to counting calories. The weekend was horrible, but I had a great first day back on track. 11 miles is awesome!! I plan on getting back to my workouts tomorrow. Wish me luck with the rest of the week!! I hope to be back into the 170's soon, I was 182 this morning
Old 10-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #364  

I'm trying ... my happiness was short lived. I am back up to either 180 or 180.2 this morning (depends on which way I step on the scale and where I put my toes! I'm on plan and hope that when I next get on the scale, I'll be back in the 170s once again.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #365  

Hi everyone 👋🏾, Sunday morning weigh in and I’m exactly the same. I’m pleased that I haven’t gained weight but dang! I sprained my foot last week and haven’t had a proper workout for 11 days. I’m going back to it on Wednesday and fingers crossed I can do the whole six miles. I did one mile on the treadmill yesterday, hopefully that’ll help me to get back to losing. I’m eating more than 1200 calories consistently and try as I might, it seems unrealistic that I can stay at 1200 for the long haul. I wonder though, if that means weight loss slows down or, because of my age, it simply stops. If I haven’t lost at least a pound by next Sunday then something is up. At least now I can quantify my caloric intake and output much more than back in the day and it makes me feel at least a little more empowered in this venture.

To everyone who is having difficulty because of TOM, I’m so sorry that you’re having to deal with those ups and downs. I gained the weight due to the hormone issues that I have had and now that I’m PM, I feel like my normal self again. Just know this, eventually it’ll even itself out and hopefully for you, your metabolism is faster. Regardless, you’re all doing an amazing job sticking with it and doing the work that needs doing! Congratulations on all the successes that got you here and all the ones you’ll continue to have. Those small gains and small losses are trying but don’t forget to give yourself credit for staying the course.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #366  

want2be I am sorry to hear about your foot injury, sprains can be so painful. I hope that you are able to get back to your 6 miles soon! How far above 1200 calories have you been eating? Getting stuck at the same spot can be so incredibly frustrating! I hope this is just your body adjusting and the weight will start coming off again very soon.

I need to get my act together. I am pretty far out of the 170's as of this morning. 184.4 to be exact, but I am pretty sure that a few of those lbs. are water weight. The ups and downs of October were very disappointing.

I hope that things start moving for you and that your foot gets better!!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #367  

It took me all week, but I am back in the 170's, although barely! 179.6
Old 11-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #368  

Thank you kfunk, I’m happy you’ve moved back down. Congratulations on the losses!

I feel like this is a bit of a waiting game. All we can do is try. I’ve been taking in between 1270-1400 calories. It’s soooo difficult to stay at 1200. I so want pizza for dinner and I haven’t had much food today in anticipation of pizza. Partly because I want to save calories but also because the only thing I have a taste for is pizza. I have a kale salad available for lunch but I don’t really want it. If anything, I’ll have a few bites to slake my hunger.

I thought I’d be able to get back to my workout but I had a very minor surgery this week and I’m not able to return yet. I’m trying again for Monday 🤞🏾 I managed to lose 1.4 pounds this week but of course I’m worried that it’s muscle loss. Hopefully not but I know enough to let myself heal. I’d be super bummed if I hurt myself and took myself out for the long haul. I’m going to take the 1.4 pound loss as a W and call it good.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #369  

Thank you! Congrats on your 1.4 lb. loss, that is awesome!! I wouldn't worry about muscle loss, I think that weight just comes off when it wants to and there isn't a good rhyme or reason behind it. I hope that you recover well from your surgery, it is smart that you are taking it easy and giving your body a chance to heal. I was back up to 180.2 this morning, but am going to keep posting here anyways! I am pretty sure its sodium from pizza and my dinner yesterday. How did your pizza end up being??
Old 11-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #370  

Hello! I've managed to make it into the 170's! I'm using an analog scale so I'm not sure of the point what, but the line is to the left of the 180 mark. Maybe 179.8 or .6? I don't know, but I will take it!
Old 11-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #371  

Thank you kfunk! I think the main thing that's helping me this time around is I've been prepping my own lunches ahead of time and freezing them so it's easy to grab something healthy instead of grabbing the usual junk I used to get for lunch.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:18 AM   #372  

nftm Glad that we are both here now!!! 179.6, so down .2 from yesterday. I had 1804 calories yesterday, so definitely on the high side of what I have been eating lately. I feel like an analog scale would be more accurate. My digital scale was moved very slightly this morning and at first I got on and it said 175.4 and I knew that was way wrong, so I moved it back and that was better!

tdse Meal prepping is a huge part of being successful at this!! It is way too easy to grab junk in a rush!
Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #373  

I'm still hanging in there - for one brief, heady day, I was in the 178's, but today I was 179.2. It's frustrating because I am being so good; people left Halloween candy, cookies etc. on a table a few steps from my desk and I didn't touch it. You'd think I'd be rewarded with a big weight loss, but my metabolism is sloooooooow at age 62. It's hard not to get discouraged.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #374  

nftm How have you been doing lately, do you still feel like you are struggling?

carrot GREAT job not touching the candy or cookies, that is so difficult this time of the year! This is a slow process for sure, but your consistency will pay off!!

179 this morning for me!
Old 11-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #375  

I'm still hanging around 179. I've been overeating a bit on sweets, and that's more of a boredom issue, but I don't feel like I'm struggling. I'm trying harder to eat slower at meals and listen to my body, and instead of eating to fullness, just to where I've had "enough", if that makes sense. To just not be hungry anymore. My hardest times are when I'm at work, and I want to eat, eat, eat! I think it's because I am cold, or bored, so I feel like eating out of boredom. Maybe I should just chew gum in those cases. But, if I can get past that, then I'm doing good.

I'm glad you're doing well, yourself!
Closed Thread