Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #346  

Height: 5'7"

Default Whooo hoooo!

Hi everyone, it’s the Sunday morning weigh in and I’m happy to report that I’m at 174.4

Today is the last of the phentermine Rx and I’m a bit worried about the next few weeks. I hope that my appetite doesn’t go back to what it was. I was ravenous all the time and that wasn’t right. I see my doc next week, she and I can discuss it and hopefully we’ll both have more insight for the future, since I still have much more to lose.

I do love these ten pound boards. It helps to think of it in smaller, more achievable goals. Whoever came up with this, Thank You

Good morning Kfunk6113!!!! I’m so glad you’re here! Congratulations I’m so grateful for your 100 ounces of water suggestion, it’s, I think, really helped me turn a corner. Since you suggested it, I’ve been trying to hit that goal every day. I’ve gone from 64oz daily average to 80oz daily average. And at the very least, drinking more water is a good thing in general. Let’s continue to knock out these pounds.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

TheMeIwant2be You are kicking serious butt

Hopefully you will find that your appetite stays stable after your medication is done today! Your body is used to less food so hopefully if your appetite increases it is only a by a small amount. If it goes up a lot I hope your doctor can help you come up with a good solution!!

I am very glad to be here with you I really like these 10 lb. threads too, and I really like the challenges in the "chicks up for a challenge" section!

I am glad that you found the water suggestion helpful, I think it makes a huge difference!!

Last edited by kfunk6113; 10-08-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #348  

Hey Kfunk6113! How’s it going this week? I’m hoping you’re having a great week.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #349  

Hey!! Its going pretty well, 177.8 this morning. I started eating low carb and will hopefully see the scale keep moving down!

How has your week been?
Old 10-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #350  

Default The reckoning

Yay Kfunk6113 I’m so glad you’re having a good week! Low carb is such a good idea, I think for most people, we all tend to eat too many carbs. That was my problem before I started this AND this week, I’m trying to get a handle on it too.

This is my first of four weeks with no Adipex. I was worried about my appetite roaring back to what it used to be when I started in July. So far, it’s not what is was then but it’s significantly “louder” than it was on Adipex. I’ve had trouble keeping track of my calories because I tend to snack more and when I went to the store, I bought things I shouldn’t have. The first workout day of the week, I was sooooo tired and my workout partner had just gotten new shoes and was zooming. She kept me going and we’ve managed to go the full distance (@5.7 miles) every time we went but we missed a day due to rain.

I weighed myself today and I’ve gone from 173.6 to 175.4 so that’s a little disappointing. I haven’t been following my own plan very well but I feel like maybe that was the wake up call I needed. I’ve just poured myself a 32 ounce glass of water and I made a healthy breakfast. I obviously have to do this without drugs forever so...

I am heartened because I tried on some clothes I own but have never worn and that felt amazeballs! I didn’t realize how much fear I was holding onto but I feel like I’m actually finally ready for this.

Last edited by TheMeIwant2be; 10-15-2017 at 12:27 PM. Reason: HTML error
Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #351  

Thank you!! I lost 2 lbs. the first week which felt great, hopefully I can get a loss this week as well! I had a slight rebound after the weekend. I was down to 177 on Saturday morning, but sit at 178 today. I think part of that is due to weighing in so much earlier during the work weeks though.

It sounds like things are going better than you had expected coming off of Adipex!! I am glad that your hunger didn't return full force! That is amazing that you have a workout partner that you can count on and that they push you when you aren't feeling as energetic as normal!! How long did it take for you to build up your endurance? I'm looking at your 5.7 mile normal and am amazed, I would love to be able to do that!!! How many days per week do you guys plan on getting out there?

EXCELLENT start to your morning !! It feels wonderful fitting into old clothes, and I feel like that is such a better indication of what the scale shows, way too many variables that can make the scale lie!!

I can totally relate to you about letting go of fear and being ready to do this!! For me it is slowly sinking in that this time is different and it feels awesome!! Even though things are moving a bit slower than I would like, I am so excited to see the difference every month makes!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #352  

Hey Kfunk6113
Hopefully we’ll see some downward movement on the scale very soon. Our good work will pay off eventually!

Yes, my friend and are are still trying to get those walks in, it’s become normal to us, it’s weird if we miss a day. We see some of the same people at the park and to miss it really throws off the week. Because it’s “just walking” it didn’t take too long to build up our endurance. I’m going to say it took us a little less than a month, going three days a week to feel normal afterwards. For the first two weeks especially, I think we were both exhausted at the end of the walk. Now, I do a little light jogging when I’m alone or with the hubs (friend refuses to jog) and it’s not killing me. At first when I’d add in the running, I kept thinking “oh my god, oh...my...OH JEEZ” now I forget I’m doing it at least for a little while. He and I were going to sign up for a 5/10k run but we feel like, since we do it on a regular basis, we don’t need to have a specific reason. She and I have also added in arm weights to kick up the calorie burn. I use the Map My Walk app to let me know my speed, distance and calorie burn. We stayed at 5.15 miles for most of the summer, now we’ve added on the rest. Because it’s fun for us we try to go four days a week now. I honestly think that we stuck with it because it’s a walk and we both felt that it was doable. If you’re in the kind of health that your doctor would allow you to walk five miles, try it. I really like going in the morning and watching the sun come up, we’ve got great blue herons, beavers and swans at our park and that’s when they’re out and about. But even if I stay in my subdivision, there’s stuff to see and I have either a podcast or an audiobook to listen to. Just stay safe and have fun.

And yes on that fear thing, yikes. I realized that I put all my eggs in the weight loss basket but now that I’m losing weight I’m still not perfect and I don’t have a perfect life. That kinda clobbered me, but I needed to realize that and hug my imperfections and keep losing weight. This time I’m actually enjoying both the process and the results.

Whooshes for us this week 🤞🏾
Old 10-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #353  

It sounds like you guys have some serious speed behind your walks, and that is not easy!! My shins would be dying along with my lungs!! Early morning walks where you can watch the sun come up sound wonderful!! I should incorporate early walks into my weekend routines, I really feel like that is one of the best exercises for losing weight. I love that you add in jogging when you are with your husband or by yourself!! I leave the house at 5:30 am so I would miss that beautiful sunrise, but there is no reason I can't jump on my treadmill when I get home! I should look for podcasts that would hold my interest, that is a great idea!

There were 3 major things that contribute to my stress and unhappiness (my weight, our finances, and my job). I don't do well working on all 3 of them at a time, but I have been kicking butt at weight loss. I am starting to realize that even if the other 2 things get straightened out I might not be happy.... then what? I am so mad at myself for waiting to lose weight because I feel great! I didn't expect to have a perfect figure at the end, but I realize now that even though I am going down sizes, all of the "trouble" spots are still there, just a smaller version.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #354  

YES!!! Life can be so complicated and sometimes unattractive but kudos to you for understanding what you can handle and handling it. I literally looked in the mirror and thought, “oh, it’s the same, just smaller”. I’m so grateful to be able to talk about this with you here. I’m giving us both a round of applause 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 And a pat on the back!!! Yay, we CAN do this🎉

Oh and 5:30 is crazy early, yikes good for you! You’re better than me. I’m a slacker rolling out at 6:15
Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #355  

I am glad that I am not the only one who has felt that way!! Today my goals are to drink a bunch of water and to get my workout in. I cut out my coffee this morning which saved me calories and carbs. I am still at 179 as of this morning and it is so frustrating!! I think I might be the one person that doesn't lose on low carb.

I am not a morning person so I snooze the alarm to the last possible minute!! Its not uncommon for me to sleep in until 9:30 on the weekends, but then I feel like a slug, its so comfy though!!

I just have to remind myself about how far I have come and that this takes time. Patience has never been one of my strong suits though! It will be 11 months since I started on the 28th and I will be LUCKY if I am done by the beginning on June.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #356  

179.8 this morning! I am so happy about that! I seem to be losing about .2 pound per day. I know that won't keep up, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm back to the board. So happy to see this thread still active! I spent a few months maintaining. I had lost 50 lbs since December, then in July I just kind of stalled, but the good news is I maintained.

Today I weighed in at 174.2 Back 50 lbs ago I had 175 stuck in my head as my goal. I couldn't admit to myself I had more than 50 lbs to lose. Then I realized no way, I need to get to a healthy bmi #. But I just mentally got stuck and physically got stuck. I think I needed to get used to my size. I've been doing a lot towards my cardiac health. I do a combo of south beach and mediterranean. I'm doing one fix at a time. I also know that when I'm traveling for work, family or fun, it's nearly impossible for me to stay on track. As long as I'm home I'm okay. It's a struggle, but I can do it. I'm trying so hard to just incorporate this as a lifestyle. I don't have anything scheduled until after Thanksgiving.

I desperately now want to get to 169.8 I've already picked my "prize" - lol I'm just laser focused and it's hard. I do exercise on my peloton spin bike 5 days a week, I've got the eating down. Now I just need to stay focused and stick to it and get there already! My true goal is to decrease my LDL's to a healthy range without statins.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back, MsGooch. I have heart disease and realize the importance of a healthy diet and good exercise.

Cheering for you, that you have success!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:26 AM   #359  

carrot and msgooch Hi!! Its nice to see this thread getting more action!!

I was at 178.6 this morning. Its my TOM again, I also had it early this month, so not fair!!! I also am on antibiotics so I think that they might be causing my stall?

msgooch Congratulations on maintaining your loss, that is amazing!! I hope that you can move through the 170's without much trouble! That is nice that you don't have anything planned until Thanksgiving, hopefully that will help a lot!! We have a Halloween party coming up and then I should be good to go until Thanksgiving. I have gotten to the point where I dread having to go out to eat to celebrate bdays or any event really... it all centers around food. Even if I make good choices on the menu, I seem to go up due to the way the food is prepared and it takes a good week to lose that and its not worth it.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend! My goal is to make sure my water consumption is good!
Old 10-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #360  

Good morning everyone! I’m parking myself here for a while, just weighed in at 177.8, which makes just about 20 pounds lost since I started. I have a long way to go, but for now, just trying to get out of the 170’s
Closed Thread