Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #211  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!

Rose, I, too, have a trip planned in May. Mine has nothing to do with bikinis, as my bikini days are far behind me! I still would love to be 20 lbs lighter. I was up another pound this a.m. ACK! Going to the grocery today then going to start weighing in every Monday as I think weighing daily discourages me, so I end up not even trying. Looking to set up some "boot camp" type workouts here at home, because I know I'll never go to the gym....I've measured out my 5k course through the neighborhood, so will work on that as well. Ï'm excited to be formulating a plan, anyway....food wise, more lean protein and veggies, lower sugar high fiber fruits, small amounts of oats, barley, brown rice, and one slice of whole wheat toast a day if Ï'm craving bread. No white sugar. A teaspoon of raw honey or sorghum or maple syrup or molasses here and there because they do contain trace minerals and raw honey is good for you in moderation, no empty calories, Greek yogurt, Lots of water, which I haven't been doing at all lately... whole foods only.....sounds like I have a plan!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 02-08-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #212  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello !

Down 0.2 pounds. LOL!

At least it's not a gain.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Hello All!

Rose, I, too, have a trip planned in May. Mine has nothing to do with bikinis, as my bikini days are far behind me! I still would love to be 20 lbs lighter. I was up another pound this a.m. ACK! Going to the grocery today then going to start weighing in every Monday as I think weighing daily discourages me, so I end up not even trying. Looking to set up some "boot camp" type workouts here at home, because I know I'll never go to the gym....I've measured out my 5k course through the neighborhood, so will work on that as well. Ï'm excited to be formulating a plan, anyway....food wise, more lean protein and veggies, lower sugar high fiber fruits, small amounts of oats, barley, brown rice, and one slice of whole wheat toast a day if Ï'm craving bread. No white sugar. A teaspoon of raw honey or sorghum or maple syrup or molasses here and there because they do contain trace minerals and raw honey is good for you in moderation, no empty calories, Greek yogurt, Lots of water, which I haven't been doing at all lately... whole foods only.....sounds like I have a plan!
I hope your plan is working for you

I weighed in this morning at 175
Old 02-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #214  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello!

Rose : Way to go! You are going to be in the 160s before you know it! Keep it up!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning Gals,

I always feel better when the sun is shining, and it looks to be a very warm weekend here! I see lots of walking...I walk with a small group of gals every Sat am in a hilly area for about 5 miles, so I'm sure that will be pleasant tomorrow!

Rose, way to go on the weight loss!

LM, hang in there, sometimes your body just wants to resist weight loss! I'm hoping to drop a pound or two this week! Hope you bought lots of healthy foods for the next week.

Ta Ta!
Old 02-19-2017, 01:25 AM   #216  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies!

I was at 177.0 still this morning. I was curious, because I hadn't been eating much at all, so I weighed early. Not a dadgum bit of difference. Sheesh....

Andi: it WAS a beautiful day! I hope you got your walking in! It's getting downright chilly out there right now...

Rose: I hope you are still killing it!

Hope you are both having a great weekend!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 02-19-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:37 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 180/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Struggling

Hi I'm a newbie but I like the positive feedback on this post. I'm trying Herbalife the 12 week challenge and it's been a struggle. I'm not sure if this diet is for me. A lot of these ladies are dropping weight so fast and I'm doing the 2 shake a day but lack eating protein and drinking tons of water. I eat pretty healthy always have butbon certain occasions like Valentines I over indulge and it throws me back into guilt mode. I'm down 169.4 was at 173 I'm at the half way on this challenge. My goal is to get to 150 and i had knee surgery acl and meniscus repair in June so getting the weight off is important for many reasons.
I exercise pretty regularly but when weigh in comes I don't seem to move I'm at a plateau and these ladies are dropping 5 to 10 lbs wow. Oh well, I guess a 1 lb occasionally is a good thing. Thanks for listening! No one said it was going to be easy it's a new year and a new beginning and a Life Commitment
Old 02-19-2017, 07:41 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi there I am so glad to see this thread. I was at 172 Friday. Last night I was out of control,had my parents 54 wedding anniversary at my house,big turkey dinner,all the fixings,wine,too much,lol, and cake and ice cream so scale would've exploded today ugh. Skiing today with family I so want to be back in 160's by March 1st.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #219  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies!

Dmaheux: My mother used to sell Herbalife years ago. She used to send me the big cans of powder to mix with milk and ice in my blender. I liked the vanilla and chocolate, and I did lose weight using them as meal replacements. I was much younger then, I think this was during the 1990's. I don't know anything about the products now. I used to take some of the vitamins, too. That being said, it seems to me that it is better to eat a balanced diet of real foods. That is just my opinion, of course, based on my experience that weight loss is more sustainable for ME if I increase activity and decrease my intake of processed foods. I did very well on Atkins and lost around 40 pounds 13 or so years ago. I think I only gained it back because I quit smoking and then started working second shift. LOL. Good Luck!

Merowi: I'll bet you are able to get into the 160's by March 1st. Usually one day of misbehaving doesn't sink the ship! Keep at it!

Take Care Everyone!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #220  

Height: 5'6

Bumping this thread right back up. Today someone saw an old photo of me where I was a lot lot smaller, and said "what happened?!"

Im going to have a great workout tonight in spite of it.

173.6. so close to getting out of this thread!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #221  
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 176.5/176.5/150

Height: 5'9''

YES! My goal for this month is to get at or below 170!! Good luck to all of us! WE GOT THIS!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

I agree, we've all GOT THIS! We know what it takes to lose a half pound to 2 over a couple of days, and it's up to us to do this!

Andi
Old 03-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Hello! Mind if I jump in?

Well, strictly speaking, I'm not actually in the 170s yet. I'm sitting at 180.3 today... I'm hoping to be here for real in the next couple of days. I've been reading this thread for motivation, though, and couldn't resist sticking my nose in.

By way of introduction, hi, I'm Keika, and I've lived in Japan for the last year and a half or so. I was cast in a volunteer musical in mid-January, and decided that I didn't want to look like a whale on stage in April. I was FOR SERIOUS, YO (my exact words) about losing weight this time. I cut out all the junk food (*cough* including all the delicious rice, breads, and fried meats that make Japanese food so good), started making healthy meals with lots of vegetables, and started exercising in an attempt to create a healthier lifestyle that I would be able to maintain after I've lost the weight. And guess what? I've lost 22 pounds so far!

皆、がんばって! Good luck, everyone! I hope to see you in this thread for real very soon!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Finally hit 179 after a 3-day stall! Super excited to be seeing that 7!!
Old 03-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #225  
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 176.5/176.5/150

Height: 5'9''

175 ladies!!! I am so excited! I hope to be 174 by the end of the week. Annoying part is, I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled last Friday, so I am not allowed to work out for a week. And all that ice cream and pudding is not exactly the best for my diet! But...so far I am holding on! On the upside, eating hurts a bit, so I am probably eating less
Closed Thread