Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:47 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Larry Great job on the exercise. How is your leg doing?
My leg is coming along pretty good. I see progress this week. I see my doctor on Wednesday and will find out what she thinks.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #317  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post

Larry: The flea market sounds awesome! Did you get any good finds?
The only thing I bought was a nice pair of shorts in a smaller size for $7
Old 11-29-2015, 10:54 PM   #318  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyFay View Post
LARRY- a flea market! So much fun! Did you find any treasures? Sounds like the leg is doing better...Thats a fun way to get in some exercise.
No treasures but it was fun exercise
Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 AM   #319  

Hi all I hope you had a good Sunday

Larry, I am glad to hear that your leg is doing better. What a relief to read that. I was worried

Penny, I know how difficult it can be to stay on plan during holiday season. But you will do your very best. Some people consider maintaining during the season to be a success. Glad you have all those nice parties to go to

Diana. Do you think your food fiasco the other day was because of low blood sugar from waiting that many hours to eat lunch? Of course I do not need that kind of an excuse to do what you did. I hope the "junk" was delicious. And, well, "junk" happens.

GoodyFay I am glad to read that your ankle is healing well.
Quote:
one of my favorite things to do is sit in the grocery store parking lot and have a "truck snack" (which is usually a lot larger than a snack and something that I would not eat in front of another person).
yes. I had gotten out of that habit. Then on Saturday I did it. 4 hot fried mozzarella sticks. Talk about regret !
Quote:
I have a Nutribullet and am going to plan on having a choco - nutter - nana dessert smoothie tonight
Sounds awesome. if you would like a way to amp up the flavor but while lowering the calories of the PB, pm me,. I will tell you how I do it. A chiropractor for whom I would sometimes cook used to call me the Kitchen savant. I used to love to create recipes. Then I dropped the 100 lbs. And dropped the elaborate baking.

Lemondrop great to see you again! although I am so sorry to read about your father's failing health. And that you will be their main caregiver when they move there. That sounds stressful on many levels. I hope you can come here whenever you want and just write what you need to say. Just to know you have many ears and hearts who will be here for you.

Kelijpa, glad you had a good time with family. yes 5 year old boys, especially when there is more than one of them, can be amusing for sure. But its a lot better than many 14-17 year old girls .

RetroRabbit, I hope you are doing okay

Nicholsfamily I hope you are doing well and recovered from that lovely thanksgiving meal ( which in my opinion you totally deserved)

CoolMom I hope you are doing well

Hi to everyone else

Today was not too bad with calories. I think it was about 1150. A lot of stuff was going on for a week. Got slammed with things. And my response was to just eat. It was not mindless. But it was not the best way to handle things. There was a lot of PB2 and toasted sesame oil with apples. Chocolate callets. And more. I am trying to get back on track. The one thing I did not give in to is popchips and bread. Although I must say that a bag of popchips would have been a better caloric choice than the 4 fried mozzarella sticks. Today was
B 240 chicken sausage 60 salad with lemon juice
L 240 chicken 80 salad with BHF blue cheese yogurt dressing
D 240 Chicken sausage 60 Salad with lemon juice
Coffee and one cup of disgusting hot chocolate 140
Lemon protein frozen stuff 100

I hope everyone has a great day
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:07 AM   #320  

Another successful day! I intend to build upon success day by day until it is a habit that becomes my norm.

Two (2) carbohydrate grams and 662 calories. A hunger free day.

Microwaved chicken breast Blackened Cajun style

Faced the enemy at Wendy's and I was victorious. I had two Double Stackers, No cheese, No Ketchup, No bun with mustard only. (1) Carb gram each. and nothing else there.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #321  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I am getting a bit behind! My stretch of three work days was very busy and I am ready to enjoy my days off. Calories were just under 1000 cals today and weight is still up with a third day gain.

Larry, glad the leg is getting better. How you manage to stay on plan through that stress is amazing to me. Way to go!

Flower, good job with cals today. You have been off the popchips for a while now!

Diana, Sorry about the off plan day. You know I'm dying to know what the "bag of junk" was.

Grocery shopping is done for a better week. I have a headache now so going to bed. Have a great week, everyone!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #322  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Cathe's Total Body Stretching
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Well, here's the gain from the package of junk. I think my calories that day were probably at a maintenance level. The problem was that the junk hasn't left the building and things are backed up. I think I had some low sugar going on Saturday since I hadn't eaten for a longer period of time. I am one of those people who cannot go for longer periods without eating. I catch a major attitude, too. My Dad was also like that. My Mom on the other hand could skip meals and DH does better at that than I do. If he knows I am out and about at lunch and will be getting back late, he will take all of my food out so I can eat quickly. He doesn't want to deal with me. Now as to what I had. I was looking at the frozen food area for something for DH. There it was! I had never heard of the product and I would not have expected it to be where the frozen veggies/dinners are. I would have expected it to be where the frozen ice cream/desserts/breakfast stuff is located. I tend to avoid those areas. So, if that was a test for me . . . . I failed. If you are tempted by junk, please do not click on this link. I don't want to tempt anyone and cause any problems for you. I ate them frozen and they were actually quite tasty. At least there was protein, right? So, I think the peanut butter backed me up. I told myself that if I didn't like the first one that I could throw the package away and I would be OK with that. But I actually liked them and consciously chose to eat the whole package. I expected the graham crackers to be soft and mushy but there were not. https://www.welchs.com/products/grah...ham-slam-grape

Calories for yesterday: 1330 +
Weigh In: 165
Up: 1 pound

Have a great start to your week!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:32 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 214/130/110

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! My name is Mel and I am new to these forums but I figured this is a nice thread to post in.

I've gotten rid of the "not getting out of bed, eating 300 calories a day" kind of mentality after my therapist said that it is making it worse. I'm doing the cabbage soup diet and 2 protein shakes a day so I can get enough nutrients. Wanting to be well enough physically to use the exercise bike I bought for myself for christmas. I definitely don't feel hungry at all on this diet and it's more than I've eaten in almost a year, but I'm having cravings for carbs pretty bad.
haebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #324  

Diana, thanks for sharing. Funny how different our tastebuds are. My temptation at the store is the lemon cakes, and I could probably eat an entire loaf of one of the french breads, sourdough or artisan.

Haebane, welcome and good luck with your goal!

W nope
B egg on toast with other stuff, coffee with milk.
L/D bean soup
Old 11-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #325  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

haebane Hi and welcome to the check-in.

CoolMom My tastes are for anything chocolate, peanut butter, and really heavy rich things. In the past I have been known to eat a whole jar of peanut butter. When DH and I bought fresh fudge, we would get the minimum, whatever that was. (love chocolate peanut butter fudge, BTW) It's probably 6 or 8 servings. DH would eat one little square and talk about how it was too rich and sweet. That's about the time I was polishing off the balance of our purchase and I didn't have problems with how rich and sweet it was. Also, when it comes to cheesecake, I prefer the heavy NY type to the light fluffy stuff. When we were out for Thanksgiving, they had pumpkin pie, which I totally love and pumpkin cheesecake. I got a piece of each. I ate the cheesecake first, which ruined it for the pumpkin pie. I should have eaten the pumpkin pie first, knowingly I would have loved it. Followed that with the pumpkin cheesecake because that was richer and heavier. See there is a method to the madness. The peanut butter in the package of junk on Saturday was really rich and the graham crackers were crunchy so that was a good combo for me. I didn't have an interest in the grape jelly. That was just along for the ride. Oh yea, when we were out for Thanksgiving DH got a piece of apple pie. I eat apples everyday, so I would not have an interest in that at all.

Now look at me and this long post about food. Can't you tell I enjoy talking about this subject way too much.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #326  

You're not alone, Diana! I love talking about it too, and looking at everything in the store.

I got my bean soup in the crock pot and then I had to decide on a dinner for everyone else that is not too tempting for me. I decided on Mac n cheese. The other thing on my list is lasagna, which I plan to try green olives in it. I know that will be hard for me to resist so I'll plan that for after the bean soup is eaten.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #327  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all!
WT: 178.2
Yesterday was good except still no excercise. Weighing in everyday is nice, I've heard it can make you crazy but I think I'm already there and this is taking the crazies away. Trying to focus obsessive food thoughts on what my plan is for the next day but pondering a grilled chicken kabob is not as fun as pondering the Indian buffet.
I hear you COOLMOM and DIANA, I love talking food, good and bad.

PENNY-and I thought two Thanksgivings were a marathon. Thats a lot of party and a lot of temptation! January will be a welcome break!

LARRY - Good to hear your leg is coming around....I chuckled at "facing the enemy at Wendy's"....nicely done!

FLOWER - I'm excited for your kitchen wisdom!

DIANA - I love that DH is trained to put your food out....soothing the savage beast! Those graham sanwiches look so gooood! Ok now I'm getting hungry.... Wheres my broccoli?

Hi MEL! Its nice to meet you!

B - tuna, avocado, red pepper strips, rye toast
L - Thai coconut curry noodles with chicken and lots of veg
D - tuna, toast points, salad
Under 1400 calories
100oz water
DH and I switched around our schedules and I haven't been able to fully grocery shop in a couple of weeks ( we share a car) and im going a little crazy. Im mildly obsessed with grocery stores and eating less means going to them less and I really do a little better when I can spend some time in one ( all my kooky ocd behaviors....oh well)
Thanks everyone!

Ps....I'm really not computer literate....how do I pm someone? Can I do it if I'm still under 20 days new? Yes I'm referring to PMing you FLOWER for your tasty tips!!!

Last edited by GoodyFay; 11-30-2015 at 07:16 PM.
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #328  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

B- missed it (I REALLY need to come up with easy, portable breakfast options)
L- diced turkey, chopped carrots, peas, a little white rice, and some sesame sauce
D- Leftovers from lunch
D- a mint meltaway

Flower: I thought about maintaining, but I'd rather lose. The reason being that I don't have much of a middle ground right now, so if I try to eat intuitively or just take one day off, it won't be just one day. Also, I have a ton of parties, so taking each of those days off is too much. I don't want any of that, so I'm tracking it all (it gives me sanity). The parties will be fun, though! I'm looking forward to them!

CoolMom: Weight fluctuations are inexplicable and frustrating sometimes. But if you're on plan, it'll have to go down eventually.

Diana: Those look amazing! I hear you on loving peanut butter. I used to not be able to have it around me. Now I'm fine (no idea what changed).
I like talking about food, too! It is a big hobby for me (monitoring my intake, getting the most bang for my caloric buck, etc.). It's often on our minds; it's a good thing we like food!

Mel: Welcome to the thread!

GoodyFay: I weigh daily. The day-to-day fluctuations don't bug me, it's when it's the same thing for 20 days that makes me nuts. But I find that daily weighing keeps me on track and takes the fear out of fluctuations. I can see my natural patterns.
For PMs, go to User CP, then on the left under Control Panel there is Private Messages, and you can Send New Message.

Last edited by Penny105; 11-30-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #329  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicked & BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump, combined workouts, w/10's
Old 11-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #330  
Trying to live below 200

GoodyFay I think you have to be a member for 20 days.