Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2015, 01:51 AM   #301  

Hi all
I am just going to write personals in response to the people who posted since I last posted. I am sorry I am leaving so many people out from previous page. but I am waving to you all with great gusto

First, I am VERY thankful for this amazing group of people on this thread. You all are a great gift in my life.
I am also grateful to Diana for being so heart centered ( and humorous) as she tends to this lovely garden thread.

GoodyFay Congratulations on that 3 lb loss. way to go !!!! that thanksgiving dinner sounds amazing. Smoked turkey. yummmm

Larry, amazing you stayed on plan for thanksgiving. Hope your leg is doing better today

Diana the Buffet menu looks amazing. Oh i would have eaten SO much if I had been there. Re the gain, what goes up will come down. I am sure of it.

Nicholsfamily I can totally understand those 2 pieces of pie and 4 rolls. You will get back down again. Sometimes doing that can jolt the body into a bigger loss when back on plan. i do not know what that's called. I assume someone knows the name for that.

RetroRabbit I am so sorry that you were dealing with so much anxiety around the large family group at Thanksgiving. I think I read something on facebook that said. if you think you are evolved, try spending a day with your family. So many things can be triggered for many with families. It can make a person feel really terrible about themselves. Glad you wrote about it here. If you feel like your mom is the kind of person who could understand what you say, then maybe it would be good to have a talk with her. I do hope you talk with her about it, if there is a good chance she might be able to hear you.

Again, hi to everyone I did not mention. If i started with names I am sure i would exclude someone. So I will just say One of those was just for you

On Thanksgiving I ate about 1300 calories
Today I ate about 1200 calories. Saturday is costco day. So I will be off plan.

I hope you all have an awesome Saturday.

Last edited by flower123; 11-28-2015 at 01:52 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #302  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1200 +
Weigh In: 164.8
Down: 2.4 pounds

3.8 pounds to get back to, what was my "new low" for this time around.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-28-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #303  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Larry Great job!

Flower You are very kind. I hope the Costco Cocktail Party was fun. You did great for Thanksgiving.

So, I had a bit of a fiasco today. Yesterday and today I washed curtains, vacuumed blinds and the areas that go unseen. Yesterday I stopped early to eat lunch so I did OK. Today I kept working because I was wanting to get everything done and not let it carry over until tomorrow. I didn't eat lunch until almost 4 PM. I did fine for lunch and ate what I had planned. Then I worked out. I just didn't feel right and felt shaky. Then I went to get a few groceries and that's when my lapse of judgement came in. I bought something and ate the whole package. I was completely aware of what I was doing and chose to continue on. I have done this in the past when I let too much time go between my meals. I am choosing not to eat dinner but make the "package" my dinner. I will account for all the calories and move on. The bad thing is that I am aware of how I get, so I should have planned better than that.

Total Approx 2360 calories + coffee

Breakfast (250 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (430 calories)
salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted chicken & BHF's Ranch 300 calories
apple 80 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (1680 calories)
package of junk 1680 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Trim Down - combined workouts premix - w/10's & 1's for boxing

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-28-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #304  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I hope everyone's week was good, and that the holiday (if celebrated) went well!

Thanksgiving went very well for me. I stayed on plan and ate within my calories, but still got to enjoy plenty of holiday foods. I also had a second Thanksgiving today with another side of the family, and that also went well. I was very tempted to overeat (homemade sauce, ravioli, meatballs, and more), but I made the healthy choices I needed to. Still stayed within my calories.

I find that I do enjoy holidays more when I indulge very moderately. Otherwise it's a non-ending food coma followed by regret. Not so fun. I don't have much of a middle ground so far.

B- refried beans with salsa and guacamole
L- 1/2 cup pasta noodles, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 5 meatballs, 1 cup veggies
D- 3 cheese ravioli, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 4 meatballs
D- 3 small chunks caramel pecan bread

All in all, excellent Thanksgivings this year! Now on to the Xmas parties... 0 down, 5 or 6 to go.

Last edited by Penny105; 11-28-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #305  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Post didn't go thru....oh well
Hi everyone!
179.8 lbs

RETRORABBIT - you are not alone and what your feeling definitely doesn't make you a bad person. Share with your mom how you are feeling, but it is hard for people to understand if they've never felt it. Anxiety is a painfull thing to go through. I've been dealing with it for over 20 yrs. I was put on a heart med (as well as anti anxiety) and for the first time in a looooong time I'm not having major physical panic attacks. I still have little ones like right before I post on this group....any sort of social situation.

Hi DIANA, FLOWER, PENNY, LARRY! ( Good job keeping in control at Golden Corral!)

L- 1/2 super greens, 1/2 apple blackberry cherry lime ginger magic NB
D - meatless mushroom balls, noodle, chard mushroom soup
S ( midnite) salad with lettuce mushrooms onions tomatoes, light champagne vinaigrette
Under 1400 calories but can't access MFP right now
100oz water
No exercise - sprained my ankle in the am and had it up all day
Good night everyone!

Last edited by GoodyFay; 11-28-2015 at 11:06 PM.
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:53 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Saturday's Numbers:

756 calories and 4 grams carbs.

No hunger, not in the slightest on this very low carb version of Atkins Induction

I got a lot of Exercise today walking the Wagon Wheel Flea Market in Pinellas Park Florida. It is a huge flea market with over 2,000 booths. Not sure how many miles I covered today.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:36 AM   #307  

hi all
I just today had a bit of shocking news. I went to buy my beautiful Bensdorp Holland glory cocoa powder. Finally the distributor had it back in stock. So the co-op had it again. I looked at it in the bulk bin and my mouth dropped. it was not that beautiful deep brown red color. It was an ordinary color.

In a state of shock I asked the worker if she could look at the huge bag in the back room and tell me the name on it. i knew it was bensdorp. Just did not know what kid it was. Royal. Its not my beautiful Holland Glory. I bought it and took it hope. It was ordinary. Just plain ordinary. Those of you who have known me long enough can perhaps understand that I am currently in the denial stage of grief.

More later. I hope you all have a good Sunday. I will try my best. But am not sure how it will go considering this news.

Last edited by flower123; 11-29-2015 at 12:29 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning, everyone. I've had two good days for the beginning of my diet. Here's to another good day today. I seem to get hungry before supper, but have half a protein bar and two glasses of crystal light. That helps. I've kept my calories under 1,200. I should be losing. This time I'm really determined.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #309  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Theresa Hi and Welcome to the check-in.

Flower I'm sorry about the cocoa.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: Nothing

Calories for yesterday: 2360 +
Weigh In: 164
Down: .8

Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #310  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Happy Sunday!
Have to catch up, 181.6 this morning, met my parents and brother and sister-in-law and their twin boys for lunch, it went well. Good visit, the boys are 5 so got a little antsy, but were a good antsy.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and weekend and are doing well, better get reading

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 178/178/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello all, I've been away for awhile!

I started the month good, but had some unexpected family issues to deal with. Long story short, my father and his wife (not my mom) will be moving here at the end of Dec. due to my dad's failing health. I will be their main caretaker. I've been overwhelmed and although I've tried to watch my food intake, I haven't done very well.

I put the brakes on things last night finally, after a stressful day and too much mindless eating. I am aware that I need to take care of myself first so I can care for others, so I'm starting today and now.

I read a few posts and just want to say "hello and great job" to all.

Diana - I love the way you described your dinner as "bag of junk" - how appropriate! Mind if I copy you in the future? I have the same problem when I go too long between meals. You do such a great job every day though, so stay encouraged!

Today my food plan is just no sugar, no alcohol, and 6 small meals to balance my blood sugar. I've done good with breakfast.

Workout has been a kettlebell routine.

My posts the next month may be quick and brief, but I will try and get on daily and be accountable. Hope all you chicks are doing awesome!
Lemondrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #312  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Hello all!
WT: 178.2
B- romaine, power greens, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion salad. Tuna with avocado, a huge amount of parsley, celery, shallot with red pepper scoops
L- 1/2 power greens 1/2 apple, cherry, blackberry, lime, ginger, magic NB
D - Soup with turkey meat ball /mushroom meatless balls, dreamfields pasta, a ton of chard and Portobello mushrooms
S - rye toast with sunflower seed butter and agave
Under 1500 calories
100oz water
Excercise : chopped and hauled a cedar stump for 45 minutes.

Hi everyone! Really working on filling myself up with low calorie veg and protein to ease the hunger....helping for now....let's just see how long I can keep up with it. My food boredom kicks in at a moments notice and is very hard to satisfy with a salad. I try to include some pasta or bread in my day because it keeps the mental hunger down. I just keep having this image of the new Szechuan noodle shop that opened at work dance through my head. Maybe they can make it with extra veg.

DIANA- I hear you on the knowing what your doing but doing it anyway...I think I trick myself into thinking I'm in a trance like state but I think I just purposefully turn my mind off. One of my favorite things to do is sit in the grocery store parking lot and have a "truck snack" (which is usually a lot larger than a snack and something that I would not eat in front of another person).

PENNY- Your italian thanksgiving sounds DELICIOUS! I would definitely overdo it if I was around ravioli. Congrats on staying on plan for not one but TWO Thanksgivings...Thats pretty good! Takes some perserverance!

LARRY- a flea market! So much fun! Did you find any treasures? Sounds like the leg is doing better...Thats a fun way to get in some excercise.

FLOWER- my condolences for the loss of your cocoa powder....I am now VERY INTRIGUED about this cocoa powder and will be googling it immediately. What do you use it for? I have a Nutribullet and am going to plan on having a choco - nutter - nana dessert smoothie tonight.

THERESA- hi there! Protein and water sounds like a good combo for right before dinner. Your off to a good start!

KELIJPA - Hello! Sounds like a nice lunch. Twin 5 yr old boys sound a little daunting! Glad they were the good kind.

LEMONDROP - Hi! Nice to meet you! Your a strong person to do this! Good job for taking these steps for you and your dad and his wife. You've already done so much.

Yesterday was fine, cooked from home, hobbled around (my ankle is healing really quick and I think I can exercise lightly today) and then went outside and started hacking at this giant cedar stump outside. We heart our house with a wood stove and the center of a dried out cedar stump is great kindling. And I needed some excercise. And its fun to hack at a giant stump with an axe.
As for eating I did fine but at the end of the day when I totally wasn't hungry I got a midnight snack which was fine, just not necessary. Its just frustrating to constantly have to fight back a tendency..I know it takes time to break a habit but come on! Moderation is something my brain just cannot accept naturally...everything I do I overdo....not just eating. I'm thankful drugs don't interest me or I'd be a goner.
Oh well!
Thanks every one! Have a good rest of your day!
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #313  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Penny
Great job sticking to your plan for Thanksgiving!

Goodyfay I hope your ankle is doing better. I have a rough time with moderation, too. I just wish I could eat like a "normal" person. Just keep tweaking and working things. That's all you can do.

Larry Great job on the exercise. How is your leg doing?

Kelijpa Hi Sounds like a nice family lunch.

Lemondrop Welcome back! Good luck with the family situation. I also feel that I need to stay as healthy as I can for my DH.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:31 PM   #314  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1330 calories + coffee

Breakfast (250 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (730 calories)
Iced coffee my usual way 50 calories
Nutty Mixed up salad @ Jason's Deli 490 calories
Bolthouse farms dressing 90 calories
Grocery store sample 100 calories

Dinner (350 calories)
Soup made w/onions, celery, tomato paste, carrots, okra, mushrooms 150 calories
chicken bone broth 120 calories
Bilinski's Mild Italian sausage 80 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Total Body Kickbox combined workouts w/gloves & 1's

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-29-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #315  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

We're heading into Holiday Party Season (yes, I capitalize it). I have at least one party every week through New Year's Day. Sometimes more. This will be my gauntlet. I plan to track everything. I'm so glad I have you all on this thread and on this site!

B- pumpkin oatmeal
L- refried beans, avocado, 1/2 liverwurst sandwich
D- peas and carrots, a red potato, 4 oz ham, and 1 tbsp ranch dressing
D- a slice of acorn squash with 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp maple syrup (so delicious and so filling!)

GoodFay: I hope your ankle continue to heal fast! But I bet the wood chopping was a good workout. I fight that tendency to just eat, too. It helps that I follow a structure for my meals most days.
My Italian Thanksgiving WAS delicious!

Larry: The flea market sounds awesome! Did you get any good finds?

Flower: I'm sorry about your cocoa powder. It always sucks when things like that are no longer carried.

Theresa: Welcome to the thread! If you're hungry before dinner, you might like eating 2 whole pieces of fruit with your Crystal Light instead of the power bar. At least for me, the volume is more filling. And congrats on the start of your weight loss!

Lemondrop: It's not easy to care for all the needs of another human like you'll be doing with your father. But that is a very nice thing you're doing for him. Squaring away your eating now will hopefully help. Good luck with everything.

Diana: Thanks! It was so tempting at times, though. I couldn't even touch the ravioli until leftover time (a.k.a dinner).
Yeah, eating a whole food package is something most of us here can probably relate to. I think it's good that you treated it like what it was - a choice (at least for me, thinking I have no choice often make things so much worse). And then you made healthy choices afterward. You handled it well.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote