Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #91  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, I was pleasantly surprised to see 179.8 on the scale. Hope it's not an anomaly, weekend is here after all.

Diana sorry DH had the illness, hope he doesn't end up needing the "smooth move" lol. We use a gummy probiotic, it's something DH will take, so that's why the gummies. Seems to have been helpful over time.

Hi Magistra!

Flower best of luck with the visit, love your new avata!

I'm making the risotto tonight, the sausage is patiently waiting in the fridge. Taking Hunter to the groomer today, hope to get a walk in, a little chilly today compared to the last few, but still mild for this time of year.

Hope everyone has a great day

waving Hi all around!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #92  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Kelijpa Congrats on the 170's! I give DH a probiotic, but I just don't know what his issue is. Actually our original Endo recommended that he eat yogurt daily. So I know that the probiotics are helpful and recommended for him It would help if he actually ate the yogurt. I know his immune system is very compromised due to the diabetes and other health issues. Poor guy. Enjoy the risotto and think of me. DH doesn't eat risotto, but he does enjoy rice and gravy. If I get a hankering, I will get me one of these: http://www.amys.com/products/product...l/bowls/000833 and sear some sea scallops and I'm in business!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #93  

This is going to be short. Well I that's my intention.

Diana, I am so sorry your DH is going through this. Is it just diarrhea? Or is he nauseated as well? Not to get too personal about your DH GI function just was curious. Thanks for the words about my car. I hope your car is working very well now. I am glad you had your mom's old truck. She drove a truck, huh? cewl! When I had the same prob your DH had I used VSL3 probiotic which I ordered from Costco pharmacy. Now I take a cheaper one that I get from the naturopath.

CoolMom like I said in my last post, I am sure you will be back on track with the diet when you are ready. And for now I hope you can enjoy what you are eating.

Merowi2 Congrats on the loss. I hope you have fun shopping

Kelijpa way to go, re: the loss! Thanks, re the avatar. It is my favorite quote. I have a similar one as my fb profile pic. with Glinda and Dorothy and a few more words. "you always had the power my dear. You just had to learn to use it for yourself". Hope you enjoy that Risotto and sausage. Sounds So good.

okay as usual, that was not short. I do not know what I was thinking when I said I could actually accomplish brevity Today the scale showed a loss. I am excited to remind my body how I originally lost the weight. On the low cal low carb diet. Seems that it already is working even though I just started it at dinner. As of this morning I have 4.2 lbs to lose. Whew, what a relief to be down to even that weight. I am hopeful I can manage this diet. And then after mother and her crew leave, I will not put it back on. They are only coming (4 hours each way) for lunch. She does not want to stay overnight. I don't think any of them do.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday

Last edited by flower123; 11-07-2015 at 11:55 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 126/120/160

Height: 5''3

Default Hey Everybody, Im new!!!

Hi everybody, my name is Kita I found this website while googling weight loss support and it seems great so far!! My weight has been on the rise the last few years and I'm now trying to change that and would love the support and maybe some tips and advice from people who have some experience as I am just starting....
ksmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #95  

hi Kita So glad you are here ! This is an awesome thread. Very supportive! Good job losing those 6 lbs !

Last edited by flower123; 11-07-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Participated in the first parade of the season down here in Florida. Was the Town and Country Veterans Parade, Tampa, FL. Long parade with lots of spectators. They seemed to enjoy my little truck.

I have a fresh picture of me from today 11/7/2015 and a former picture for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Larr 11-7-2015.jpg (38.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Larry 10-29-2009.jpg (49.9 KB, 16 views)
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #97  

Hi all
Larry I am not surprised to see a big difference from before to now in the picture. You are looking REALLY good !! How long is Parade season?

Sorry I am posting so much. TBH its sort of hard to get back in the mega diet groove. While I will only be doing it for a week, it still is so hard. Especially while doing this intense class where I want food to comfort. This is hard. I think I can lose the weight by saturday if I stick to this. But it is really hard.

The guy did what he did to my car. Of course the car never stalls out when a mechanic is there. Anyway, the guy who runs the shop took the car out for a test drive. He came back and said that he really is impressed with how it drives. If I ever decide to sell it, call him. 16 year old cars in good condition are hard to find in Vermont because they use a lot of salt on the roads during winter.

B Coffee with cashew milk and a T of black cocoa powder 50
L Chicken sausage with a rib of celery and some cucumber slices 250
D Dry chicken breast with rib of celery and come cucumber slices 220
S frozen lemon stuff and more coffee with black cocoa 180
Carbs for the day: 24 Calories 700
Hope everyone has a good Sunday

Last edited by flower123; 11-07-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower DH vomited once, when he first got sick and that was all of that. Thank goodness! How was the car repair? Did it fix the problem. It was nice getting my truck (SUV) back. Ha Ha Sometimes I call mine a truck sometimes a car. Yes, Mama had a truck. DH uses it mostly to pull his boat to go fishing/shrimping. He says that it's his truck and my Mom left it to him.

Ksmith123 Hi and welcome to the check-in. Congrats on your weight loss!

Larry Great picture! Thank you for sharing. Your progress is amazing!

Total Approx 1350 Calories +

Breakfast 250 calories
Organic Vally vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (430 calories)

Salad w/mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted chicken & BHF's Ranch 300 calories
apple 80 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (670 calories)

boiled shrimp 150 calories
roast 250 calories
roasted onions, carrots, 1/2 red potato 100 calories
Blueberry vanilla yogurt parfait 170 calories

Exercise:
Today was a rest day. I needed to finish closing out my books. Tomorrow, DH is going to the same area where the CPA is, so he can take the books out there for me. That will save me time from having to go out there. I'm all around saving time.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:51 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Hi Everybody!

Hi Flower! Good job on your loss! Low carbs works for me too. I just have a hard time sticking to it. I always want to eat carbs so it's kind of hard. I hate car problems. I hope your car runs smoothly for you now and that nothing goes wrong with it for a long time.

Hi Diana! Sorry to hear that your hubby isn't feeling well.

Hi Kelijpa! Congrats on your loss! It sounds like your weather is lovely.

Larry! Thank you for sharing your before and after pics. You look amazing! I'm very inspired.

I am having trouble with motivation. I did get a little exercise today but I'm still eating more than I should. I went shopping (always such a chore) today and did some menu planning. I have lots of "good for me" foods in the house now. However, I couldn't resist buying some caramel corn. It's so silly but my son was a Boy Scout for many years and we had to sell popcorn for the troop every year in the fall and when November rolls around I still remember that and I have cravings for it. I do hope I get over this sugar kick soon. Thanksgiving is coming. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Do you all plan to lose weight during the holidays? I would like to but I am feeling conflicted.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I did: Restorative Flexibility and Stretch from Jenny Ford's Checkout Workout
This Morning: Listening to Belleruth/church program

Calories for yesterday: 1350 +
Weigh In: 164.8 (TTOM)
Up: .8

TTOM woke me early with the lovely cramps.

Flower We were posting at the same time and I missed your post from last night. I hope the mechanic was able to fix the problem. Sending good thoughts your way.

Magistra I usually make a plan to maintain through the holidays, which ends up being a gain. So, maybe I should plan to lose weight and that would result in maintaining.

Have a great day!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hey all!
The past two days have both had really good points and some not so good.
Friday ended with a little uncontrollable snacking on nuts and chocolate, but it didn't get too bad and the following day only showed a .6lb gain.

Yesterday got a little worse though. I had done really well- even went to the gym in the morning for a half hour! (25 min on elliptical, some stretching and 3.5 min plank). Brunch and lunch were both good. I went to a party though, so had some drinks, came home late, and ate a lot. I got my period on friday, though, so I'm not too torn up about the extra calories. I'll make today good.

I'm supposed to meet a friend at 10 for a jog. I'm thinking I'd rather go earlier though, or not go at all maybe. I have so much homework to do today
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

Magistra I usually make a plan to maintain through the holidays, which ends up being a gain. So, maybe I should plan to lose weight and that would result in maintaining.
Diana Too funny! Maybe I will try that too!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #103  

Diana In a way its a good thing that he vomited once. It means that it cannot be from a parasite or something like H-Pylori. That's way I asked. Thanks for the good thoughts re: the car. Soon it will need brake work done. And when it comes time for state inspection, it needs work in order to pass. I wonder what 16 would be equivalent to in human years

Magistra Its you!! You put up an a picture of yourself in the avatar. You are beautiful !!! And you look quite light filled. I posted a picture of myself ...for a day. Thanks for the good wishes for my car. Reducing carbs is so hard. The holidays can be SO difficult re: food. I take a deep breath and hope for the best.

RetroRabbit sounds like you are doing great exercise. And are going off plan, in moderation

Hi everyone else

I lost more weight. I now am 2.6 lbs from where I will feel comfortable seeing my mother when she comes here on Saturday. I do not plan to get down to the weight I was at when she saw me on Mother's day. Now all I have to do is clean every surface in my home. I think its time to load up on coffee. And then do all the windows, floors, counters, tables and objects.

This low carb diet is much harder than I hoped. Combining low cal with low carb is very difficult. Bad timing because the class I am taking is very intense. And there is not really support. while I will only be on this particular diet for 6 more days, (any longer would not be healthy) I am not sure how I am going to make it through. I suspect this is how alcoholics feel when they go without drinking.

Edited in many hours later: Drank caffine and cleaned non stop until 6pm. I think I may have shrunk my stomach over the previous 36 hours. I was not hungry at all, which is quite different from yesterday with horrible hunger pangs. I also did not crave carbs while cleaning. I am hoping this is a turning point. If not, perhaps I could just clean all day and night. It seems to have worked well
B: coffee ( decaf and then caffine) with 20 cal. of Black cocoa and 50 cal. of cashew milk
L: Blinskis sausage 180
S: Frozen lemon protein stuff 120
D: Chicken with salad of sliced cucumber and a stalk of celery ( no dressing)
S: Coffee with 10 calories of black cocoa and 30 cal of cashew milk
I am thinking this visit from my mother is a huge gift. Lose weight and deep cleaning
Hope everyone is enjoying Sunday !

Last edited by flower123; 11-08-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

TTOM kicked my butt today and Advil was my friend.

Retrorabbit Did you go for the jog?

Flower You have worked your butt off, literally. I heard somewhere that a 10 year old car is 80 in human years. I guess it depends on how much maintenance and abuse it has gotten. Hmm, I guess the same would apply to people. I guess the bottom line is that I don't know the answer but I would assume if you maintain and take care of your body and car, they would both last longer and that's all that matters.

Total Approx 1400 calories +

Breakfast (250 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (760 calories)
iced coffee my usual way 60 calories
(out) salmon salad w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Dinner (390 calories)
soup made with 2 Bilinki sausages 180 calories
bone broth 60 calories
zoodles, okra, tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, & spices 150 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped 1000 combined workouts minus abs section w/5's & 10's
Old 11-08-2015, 08:39 PM   #105  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm behind again. I'll have to catch up with everyone later. Hope it's going well for you all!

Yesterday:
B- maple pumpkin oatmeal
L- Beef and veggie soup with a slice of whole grain toast and hummus
D- Scalloped corn and eggs (eating leftovers)
S- 1 peppermind oreo, 1 pumpkin oreo

Today:
B- cinnamon pumpkin oatmeal
L- green bean, potato, egg hash
D- ham and bean medley soup, 3 small meatballs, 1 small garlic knot
S- a funsized frozen almond joy
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote