Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercolor View Post
Can I just say that size 14 ROCKS !!!

I would kill to be size 14. Okay, not kill... maim.
I would maim. Totally.
LOL!

OP, you rock, and I'm sure you'll be beautiful.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineWithMe View Post
I'm sorry your husband was jerky to you. :/
Yep. Autistic or not, he is in a state of mind to be a functioning adult, which means consequences for actions. That's not to say what he said was the end of the world, but you need to explain to him that you are a human being, one which he is married to. BOTH of your jobs is to build each other up. What he said was disrespectful, plain and simple.
rm4sqrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #18  
Slow and sure chick

Oh honey, I didn't catch that he was autistic.

I'm married to an Aspie.
Everything comes straight out of his impulse.
True, but ouch!!!
No filter at all.
After 37 years of marriage it's easier to take.
Hang in there, kiddo.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #19  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Ugh! I know sometimes guys say things they don't mean. Like it comes out before they had a chance to really think about it!

You're making great progress and a size 14 is awesome!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday, my boyfriend told me I need to lose weight and work out more. Huh??? Haven't I been losing weight? I have 1000 things to do I can't focus solely on exercising. And I think 50 pounds so far is pretty dandy. These things can't happen over night. Wanted to smack him but decided I'll get him when he least expects it.
BTW whatever you weigh during that cruise is an improvement so embrace yourself and enjoy the experience of the cruise. It's easier said than done but you are beautiful and good things come in time!
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #21  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies thanks for all the great comments.

I'm not angry at all anymore. I think he was just trying to be helpful in his own way, I guess. He is autistic but I try to hold him accountable. How else would he learn?

He is very proud of my weight loss by the way, won't leave me alone. And he isn't complaining on how much I'm gonna spend on new clothes. Much.

Queenie, thats how I felt when my husband said that. Like "Don't you see me working on it right now? Jeez." He was probably trying to be supportive too. Tell him if he wants to be supportive, do a couple of the tasks you need to do, like cooking or cleaning so you have TIME to work out! Thats always the battle for me, TIME.

I'm pretty excited about my cruise in 4 weeks. I'm down 49lbs, and in a size 10-12 now. I've not started shopping yet, but will go the first week of December. I'm looking forward to it. There is so much more selection in my current size compared to a size 16+. Even if I don't lose another pound I'm gonna have a great time.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #22  

S/C/G: See Tracker

I think you have a great attitude about everything! I was in my BFF's wedding a little over a year ago and I *wish* I could have managed to put all the negativity I was imposing on myself onto the back-burner enough to enjoy it. Instead, I handled it poorly by being bitter about having to squeeze into a dress I didn't like, being embarrassed (about being the fattest in pic), and really not enjoying myself, when I'm convinced nobody cared more than I did. Granted, I stopped myself from putting *any* of that onto my friend, BUT, I pretty much ruined it for myself in the process. Kudos to you for having such a great attitude about it!
KrisM11 is offline   Reply With Quote