Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #16  
I'm on my way!

Hey Sandy and Thin...sorry I left so abrubtly from chat last night...I got booted off because I lost my ISP...it was down all night because at 6 am I still couldn't get back on! Oh well...hopefully saturday night I can make it!!

I have to go start dinner...I will be back later to catch up with you all.

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-14-2003, 08:47 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Oh my gosh I can't believe no one has been here since I was last here at 4:30 this afternoon! What the heck is going on? I come back full time and everyone else bails out! I could start getting a complex here ya know! You better come out and give me something more to read! I get sooo disappointed when no one has been here for several hours at a time! I know...you are all out EXERCISING right!! And me just sitting on my fat you know what whining and whining SHOULD be out there exercising!

OK I know we have another newbie on the block here that I need to Welcome...Soon2B...you picked a great bunch of women to help you along your journey! I wouldn't go anywhere else! In a day or two you will feel like you have been posting here for years like some of us have! Just post often and jump right in...you can whine, toot your own horn, offer advice, get some advice whether weightloss related or personal you can tell it all or get it all right here in one stop!

Geesh Lori...your saga is starting to sound like me and my ex! LOL He was a druggie and alcoholic that never grew up! I could write a book...police at my door, calls from the hospital....broken jaws wired shut! I've been through it all...jail...parole...probation...rehab...you name it!

Joanne I can't wait till my little guy starts school!

Oh no Sandy...you can't give up your job as the posting police! No way Jose!! You just jump right on Mary and get her butt back in here posting!!

Pam good job on the exercising...see...I was right...someone was exercising today! I use the heat as an excuse!! Heck...I use anything as an excuse!!

Tina you always bring a smile to my face!! I can't wait for you to get your computer fixed. Are you sure you don't have that msblast worm! Its suppose to shut your computer down, it only lets you stay on for about 45 seconds. I have the answer to that problem, on how to get rid of it.

Yes Natalie..do tell...what are you interviewing for?

I know you are in Florida right now Barb but if you get to a computer...HAVE FUN! And I'll still plan to see you a week from Sunday!! Unless of course you decide to stay in the Sunshine State!!

Mary I'm here too! Now get your hiney in here and post!! You have alot of making up to do...you should be writing a novel to us!!

Pam...I am going to try and make it here saturday night too...I love chatting with everyone...its so much fun!! I'm just not sure what time now...8 or 8:30 eastern standard time! I am always early and no one is ever there...so I guess it IS 8:30.

Lets see...2cute, Thin, Jen, Andria, Duckie, Lucky...you all are missing from this thread..who else am I forgetting...whatever happened to Barbara...oh wait...Amanda too...you are all lurking I know you are! Get your hiney in here and post!!

Gotta go give the boy a bath...he looks like a chimney sweep boy!

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-14-2003, 11:07 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

HI girls I jusst got baack from the emergency room . My Dr. called me in a script for an antibiotic for my infection and I had a small reation to it. So off I run to the er. I am Ok . The er Dr. gave me something else to take by mouth and a topical cream.

Justme. It was me that mentioned the UTI. I always have to pee after a big and tasty. Dr. said my kidneys were clear.

I'll check in tomorrow after I get back from my workshop.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:30 PM   #19  

Default I'M TURNING MYSELF IN TO THE POSTING POLICE

MichelleK - you caught me; yes, I have been lurking and not posting. Lock me up and throw away the key

I don't have much to post about - same old same old every day - work, eat, clean house. Nothing exciting. Food is okay. I am writing down what I eat and trying to get some activity in.

I can't spend a lot of time on replies while I am at work, so I'm going to send good vibes to all of us .

I want to welcome Evilyn and soon2bhottie to our little group. My name is Connie, I've been posting here about three months now I think. I have lost 37 pounds since March. I am eating lowcarb and basically eating healthier (diagnosed with diabetes in March, that changed everything).

I've got to get back to work. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Hope you ladies in the northeast aren't being affected by the blackout.

See ya.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Thumbs down

Hi Chickadees!
Greetings from Sunny old Florida!!!

I made it safe and sound today. The flights were non-eventful, which is a good thing. It was wonderful to get here with my family!!! However, I got off the plane to find out about the black out today --- well, guess where Hubby was stuck??? yep, New York City. He had taken the train up this morning to work and was suppose to be home at a reasonable time because of the dogs. Yikes!!! It took hours to get a hold of him. Finally a co-workers wife got a hold of me and told me they had hired a car to drive them back to Delaware. Once Jeff was finally able to get through to me they were sitting in the car in the middle of Manhattan. It took them over 3 hours just to get out of the city. What a mess. Luckily he is home safe and sound now and taking care of my furbabies. I can't imagine being stuck in that mess.

My brother made a comment about my weight loss!!! He said he noticed it the minute I got off the plane and was very proud of me!!! We all went out to dinner tonight and everyone ordered fattening sandwiches and fries with beer and what did I get you ask??? .... A Salad and Iced Tea!! (pat on the back)

Tomorrow morning Dad and I are getting up and going to the gym - we are also meeting my brother there. Then when my niece gets out of school (yes, they have already started down here) we are going to rent waverunners at the beach!!!

I think it's time for me to hit the hay! I am hour behind here so my body thinks it's nearly midnight!

Talk to you later!
Hugs,
Barb
Old 08-15-2003, 12:37 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Hello !!!

Hi guys !!!
It takes me FOREVER to read when I have been MIA for a day or two. I think I am still one entire thread behind.

My youngest daughter spent the day with me on Wed.
We swam in the morning and went shopping in the afternoon.
Then my son brought over the grandkids and I babysat until 10:30pm. They wore me out.

This morning I hopped in the car and drove to Missouri to visit my mom and sister.
Mom is doing okay. They never did move her... and the roommate is STILL as crazy as ever. Sometimes she gets very jealous of my mom having company. Today she was screaming at the nurses to STOP talking to my mom and talk to her instead. She even used the "F" word at them. Last time I was there she threatened me. She is not all there if you know what I mean... but she can be scarey. She requires a LOT of attention.

My sister is still not doing well. She had 3 more pints of blood transfusion yesterday... and chemo today. Wish I could help her more.

On to replys... only to those who have posted on this thread.

Barb... hope you are having a wonderful visit with your family in Fl.

Sandy... A purple cd player... how cool.

Michelle.. I am sure glad you are rid of that ex of yoours. It sounds like you are lucky to be rid of him.
And don't wish your son in school too soon. Once they start school they grow up sooooo much faster.

Lucky... THANK YOU It was so sweet of you to think of me.

Soon2bhottie... WELCOME !!! I post on another board too sometimes and my name is Soon2Bthinner there. Every time I read someone reply to you as Soon2b I think they are talking to me.
Pam.. Congratulations on being on program and for the Praise and Raise.

Mary...I am oh so happy you are posting your small greetings... but I too worry about you when you don't post more. We miss you when you don't post.

Natilie... Well I see you and bf kissed and made up.
I am glad you were able to work everything out.
Tina... I am soooo proud of you and BRian for the walking at the football fields.
I am glad hubby got to go to first shift for now.

Joanne..It is hard to belive the kids are back to school already.
Time goes by soooo fast.

Dixie Darliln... Connie... good to see you back again. Just keep haning in there with us.. and we will make it.

Lori... I was shocked the doctor moved your off visits all the way back to DECEMBER !!! by then you will be on your way to success alone.

okay... I am falling asleep as I type. I truly can't keep my eyes open.
I have to get to bed. I have made this "bed before midnight" a habit now and my body wants to SLEEP. I actually had to pull over and sleep on my drive to Missouri today too.
I will try to get to everyone else tomorrow. Love ya.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-15-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:01 AM   #22  

Default :T GOOD COFFEE~GOOD FRIENDS

What a way to start the morning.

Michelle: Sorry no one was around to post for you to read. I know sometimes when I come to the thread and there is nothing, my heart does that little sinking job. Guess we were all busy yesterday. I was off finishing up the school shopping.

2cute: What a day you had, sounds like fun. I'm still jealous (sp) of the pool.

Barb: Enjoy the gym today, have fun in Fl.

Mary: Sorry about the bad reaction to your antibiotic and then to have to spend the day in the ER that just sucks. Hope you get all cleared up soon. Knock on wood I have never had a bladder infection. I just had my first fight with a yeast infection last year, OMG I never want to do that again!!!!

Connie: Thanks for peeking in and posting. It's okay to just post about any old thing. Dosnt have to be food related one little bit. We love to hear about all aspects of everyones lives. OKay we are nosey....lol

Lori: Thanks for the birthday greetings for my monster.

Okay girlies got to get my butt ready for work.

See ya,
Sandy
Old 08-15-2003, 08:06 AM   #23  

Good Friday morning!!

Most all of you are heading into your weekend off, and I am heading to work! do not know when I am off again, probably Tues/Wed, I will find out today when I go in. I am back to that crazy schedule this wk...last night was 3-9, today is 12-8p, and tomorrow it is 6:30a-2:30p craziness!

Nice to read all of your posts, I didnt get a chance to read them last night when I got in, was too tuckered out!!.

Peek...so the kiddies are off to school soon...guess that will make your mornings a bit more hectic!! never having been a parent, I do not begin to know what that is like, but I can imagine it gets somewhat chaotic...I would be hope you have a good day...

2cute...I have worked in the nursing home settings before, I know how crazy it can get, despite your mother's roommates dementia I understand it can really get to a person!!!!! sorry to hear your sister is not doing well, that is so painful to feel helpless to do anything for her..I know it sounds cliche, maybe even trivial, but continue taking care of yourself, being good to you is helping her more than you know...If it is anything like the relationship I have with my sister, I feel certain she wouldn't want you to get down yourself! I will be thinking about you

Barb.....wish I was at the beach with you, imagine us all being there, what a riot!!! have fun girl.

Connie, good to hear from you again, hope you have a good day.

Mary...hope your UTI gets better soon, and spending all day in the ER...geees! that probably made you feel worse..take care.

Lori, I hear you about the heat girl, and it is so humid here, I am keeping my happy exercising buttocks in doors today!

Joe Anne, Tina, Michelle and all the rest of you gals, have a healthy active day

later chicklets
Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM   #24  

Morning girls. It is a miracle, even after the bad, bad week I had I still managed to lose 2 pounds. It must be all the previous exercise keeping my metabolism up. So I am wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in months, and it feels great!

The interview I have this afternoon is for an outside sales position. I've been in my current position for a little over a year and I'm ready to move on. It's today at 2PM and I am SOOOOOO nervous. First of all it took me forever to find something to wear. Since I am both short and chunky it's impossible to find a suit that fits. I finally had to settle for a pair of black slacks and a light blue knit shirt. It's not super fancy but, it will have to do. I figure it's OK because today is a casual Friday, I already work for the company and I'm sick of shopping. I'm not counting on it because I have NO sales experience so this is really just an opportunity for me to let the company know I'm interested in advancing. So, we'll see.

How is everyone?

Pjk,
I know exactly what it's like to work a nutty schedule, I feel for you. It can be very draining, and very hard to keep on plan because you can't get into a routine. UGH, I don't miss it one bit.

Hi Sandy!

2cute,
Your sister and mom will be in my thoughts...(((((hugs)))))

Barb,
Congratulations on your compliments, it feels so good when someone notices. All our hard work is paying off and that just makes it easier to keep going! YAY on the salad!

Good to here from you Connie!

Grannie,
I hate, hate, hate the UTI. Glad to hear that the kidneys are clear, other than that danger UTIs are just really annoying. Feel better...drink, drink, drink your water!

Michelle,
Don't feel bad, I check the thread many times a day also. I'm always dissapointed when my post was the last, but nothing beats when there is a whole line to read...I love it!

Lori,
Thanks for the luck! Hey, I've been meaning to ask you. Do you have any pics of your kitties? I would love to see what the little puffs look like! I am a cat lover as well.

Hello Joe anne!!!

Tina,
Thanks for the support. While I didn't get back on plan like I would have wanted to I still managed to shave a couple off the ol' hips. It's back to the workout grind today...I'll have to wipe the dust off my trampoline and get back at it.

I think I've caught all of you. I must go prepare and get some work done! I'll check in later and let you all know how the interview went. Eeeeeeeek!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #25  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

This has been an interesting week! The girls are settling into school nicely. I'm getting the hang of my new job and should soon have the two merged nicely together. Right now it isn't quite a perfect fit, but that is more from people at job #1 not knowing when I'll be in the office and being too used to having me there whenever they want.

Something exciting happened this morning! I don't know what I was thinking, but I decided to step onto my set of home scales. I haven't been able to weigh on them for... well, too long. Guess what! It registered today!!! Wahoo!!! I really don't like this scale because it can be soooo cranky, but just to be able to step onto it and see a number instead of error message is so amazing! Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to do the body fat % thing at Curves. That will be another incredible milestone for me.

I'm about out of time this morning, but wanted to greet Soon2B. Welcome to our little part of the world! I love going to Curves, and a few others on this thread are regulars there as well. I'm also doing their diet right now. I'm 5 weeks into it and really feeling great.

Chicks, I'm officially out of time. Today is supposed to be a busy day for me, but I'm going to try really hard to get back in this evening. If I'm not, expect to hear from me tomorrow about a really fun Friday evening with my oldest daughter. I've been promising her a mommy/daughter date for almost two weeks now!

Take care!

Andria
Old 08-15-2003, 10:41 AM   #26  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Great News!!!

It's FRIDAY!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:43 AM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Talking TGIF!!

Get up and boogie ladies!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:49 AM   #28  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hey guys!

Did you like my little guy? Isn't he cute?

I saw him and just had to share him with you!

Well.... more news on the computer. Gateway will not sell me a replacement motherboard. So, I have two options. I can take it to a computer repair company and be charged anywhere from $200-$260 to repair it (we've talked with several) or we can just buy a new one. Which, to be honest.....is probably going to be our best bet. I hate to invest tons of money into an older computer that's probably going to go down again on me in the future, when I could just buy a new one.

BUT.... the downfall to that is, I will not be able to get another one until we get our child tax credit check. We got a letter on Monday stating that we were going to get one, and it would be sometime within the next six weeks!

I don't know if I will be able to make it till then or not.

I'm going crazy.

I don't have time to do individual replies now. It's very hard to do them at work because we are limited to only two hours and by the time I check my email, come here for a moment and then head over to my Tony board...it's all gone.

I hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend and please don't forget me!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:58 PM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Just a quick post so Michelle and Natalie have something to read.
I am sooo antsy today. I need to get productive but I just want to crawl out of my skin. I don't know why??

Tina... thanks for sharing more pics of your darling DH. I would swear it was my DH. What a hoot. LOL
We won't forget you... but be sure to make some time at work for us everyday.

Andria... have a fun filled Friday with your daughter.

Pam.. thanks for the hug and nice thoughts.

Sandy... do you have many warm months in Maine?? I always think of it as cool / cold most of the time.

Okay... that is everyone since my last post.
The rest of you come out and play.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #30  

Good afternoon, ladies!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello! Anyway, in the meantime, I got the laundry done, my rent adjustment for 2004 appointment taken care of and the cat box clean, so at least three things are out of the way.

And speaking of the cat brats, for those of you that haven't seen the furballs, they have their own sitehere I am planning to take some new pictures soon to put up there, even though the ones of them currently on the site were taken this spring, so they are fairly recent.

2Cute: Nice to see you are feeling ambitious! I guess it comes with us losing that "excess baggage!"

Tina: Us forget YOU? Two chances of that: SLIM and NONE! By the way, in the process of having your puter fixed, have you thought about renting one in the meantime? I got a pre-rented one from Rainbow Rentals in my area for about 14.99 a week (even cheaper when I rented by the month) when my own computer crashed recently). Just a thought.

Barb: WooHoo, have a great time!

Connie: Great to hear from you!

Well, off to do some more work; hope to catch all of you taters laters!
Closed Thread