Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #256  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Flower I forgot, which Bilinski's are your favorite? The last one's I had were the mushroom. This time I bought the mild Italian. I haven't tried those yet. Which BHF's dressing do you like? I measure out the amount for the calories that I want and then add water to it to make it go farther. Thinning it out probably wouldn't taste good to most people. I am OK with it because of when I thought I had the food allergy. I was used to everything being plain, so I don't need the extra flavor now. At dinner today, I didn't add the water to my dressing and I was wondering why it was so strong. Then I realized about the water. I missed something about the swimming. Are you joining a gym? Update me on this, please. I have so gotten stuck in clothes, myself! Seriously! Men don't go through that stuff. I can see my DH now. He would pull out his pocket knife and cut that bad boy off himself.

CoolMom I have totally needed a gin and tonic for lunch at times. I think one time I came on here, while at work, and posted that I really just wanted to get drunk right then and there. I think I must have been having one of those days.

Nicholsfamily Great job on the walk!

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #257  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 Calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/smoked turkey. I loved the sliced smoked turkey on my salad today. It was different than what I normally have. Not sure about the sodium since we ate it out. 700 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 w/5's & 10's
Old 08-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #258  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I had to babysit my nephews later and it is always a bit stressful. I picked them up on my bike with the kid trailer and they had a blast zooming back to my house. Dad was late to pick them up. I made cookies after.

Diana, that is a good idea to thin out the dressings. Tastebuds adjust. I'm glad your dh is doing better.

Flower, I meant to answer your question about the salmon. It's not jerky, just wild caught smoked salmon. So good! Good luck with your food modifications. The carrot dressing sounds like what they use on the starter salad at the Japanese restaurant. I'll be sending you good thoughts while you transition to such a bland dressing.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 08-26-2015 at 11:25 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:23 AM   #259  

Coolmom that ride you gave the kids sounds awesome. And yes, if I added sugar and sesame oil and rice vinegar to the pureed carrots, it would indeed be Japanese dressing. Especially with some finely grated onion in there. and perhaps a hint of ginger btw, I think it would be rather frightening to get stuck in a sports bra in a dressing room. I think the next time I try one I will use oil. I do actually have to return this one and get a larger size. It is Danskin. I am assuming a man designed it. No woman would ever do that to another woman.

Diana SO happy to hear that DH did not itch. What a relief for you both, I would imagine. I think I still have the link for the Belleruth hypnosis on my other computer. I think I bookmarked the page. I want to do that after I do the 30 days with this current guy. I did not know Blinskis had mushroom sausage. I have never seen it. Perhaps its new. My 2 favorites are pesto Romano ( I think thats what its called) and mild italian. My favorite BHF is chunky blue cheese. BUT I add it to cashew milk and lemon juice and powdered onion and a bit of celtic salt. That way it lasts longer and cuts down on the cost, calories and the sweet taste. I put about a Tbs of cashew ( or almond) milk in a glass. I put in a tsp of onion powder and a bit of salt. I add in a Tbs of lemon juice ( I use Santa Cruz Organic). I mix it and then I add in a couple of Tbs of the bolthouse dressing. An odd thing happens. When I stir it becomes thick again. Just like it is in the bottle. I do not know what is in it that does that. Nor do I want to find out. 2 Tbs of BH Chunky Blue cheese is 35 calories. And no, men do not understand this stuff re bras and high heel shoes etc, makeup unless they are cross dressers. In which case I would think they are happy to do it. To answer your question, I am starting PT. and they have a pool there. thus the swimming gear
Quote:
Seriously! Men don't go through that stuff. I can see my DH now. He would pull out his pocket knife and cut that bad boy off himself
Okay, I honestly had to read this a few times. Got a bit scared the first 2.

Magistra oh that country dancing sounds SO good. Glad you had a good partner. Everyone needs to learn. Glad the fear thing didn't get to you all day. Today was much better for me. I think the collective fear had calmed down. So it was easier.

Kelijpa Hope you are feeling better. I remember TTOM. it involved a heating pad or hot water bottle. And plenty of advil.

Nicholsfamily, happy birthday to your DH. He is young !!!! Subway sounds delicious. Glad you got to have it. I hope you are able to get to goodwill. I love that they have all kinds of things there. And the prices are awesome. I have gotten amazing things there. Great for people who are losing weight
Great that you got that walking in. You are amazing. Dont know where you find all that energy.

I got off the phone after midnight. I talked with a friend for many hours. she needed company and support. What it meant for me is I missed dinner. Ahhh miracles DO happen.

So today's calories was 650. I would write more but I am on a tight schedule to get to bed on time. Did the hypnosis thing today. I am liking it a lot. did some time on the trampoline. Tomorrow I will have to go back to walmart and return that contraption for a looser one that hopefully will not get stuck half way on. I will be wearing something on top of the jogging or exercise bra. So there will be no bare midriff. I will be heavily clothed for the swim The yoga pants are mid calf. SO it will be an attractive look. If I wear the biking shorts then there will be an extra reinforcement on the crotch to be seen. But the pants are shorter. Either way I will not be taking a selfie

Thursday I will diet. I will eat no more than 1200 calories. It is my pledge to myself. I hope everyone has a great day
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #260  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

The smoked turkey jumped on me this morning! Gotta love the sodium in what should be a healthy food.

ETA: HMM, that turkey situation looks kinda naughty. I will leave you with that image! Have a great day!

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 167.8
Up: .6

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-27-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #261  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

CoolMom - I don't think our baby free night resulted in a souvenir baby #2, but I guess I won't know for sure for a couple weeks. haha

flower - gah! I hate when I get stuck in a sports bra. THE WORST! Sometimes I am worried I am going to have to ask my hubby for help. How embarrassing! The worst was right when I started nursing... nothing fit. I got stuck TOO many times! I am sorry that you are struggling. *hugs* but good for you for still posting. My biggest mistake is to always vanish when I am struggling. It always make it worse for me. You can do this, I know you can!

Diana - What a great idea about thinning out the dressing! You probably could use lemon juice too, that way it would add more of a lemony flavour and not be so bland... depending on the dressing of course. That turkey does look very naughty! I can't stop laughing!! haha

magistra - Congrats on the loses! Posting here has always helped me in my weight loss journeys. When I don't post here I gain weight, when I post I lose weight. When I don't post for two years I gain a lot of weight. But you have to find the balance that works for you. I can not post here everyday, baby doesn't always let me sit down on the computer and posting from my phone or iPad is a bit tricky!

kelijpa - Hope you are better today. I hate when TOM kicks my butt.

Nicholsfamily - tell him to enjoy 28 and just wait until he is 30! He will defiantly wish he was 28 again haha. 30 isn't that bad it just feels weird to not be 20 anymore.

Our anniversary (and first night baby free) was great. We went to a pub that we haven't been able to go to yet and then came home, relaxed and drank our champagne. Tried to sleep in yesterday morning but we were still up by 7:30 haha. Least we got a little extra. After we picked baby up we went to the beach, water park and park (they are all together) - it was actually baby's first time at the ocean; funny since we live on an island. He loved splashing in the tide pools, digging in the sand and chasing all the dogs. We only stayed a little over an hour though because he started to get grumpy and was trying to knock over sand castles and run all over everyone's blankets with dirty feet haha. After that we went to a Costco in a different city, it's so much nicer then ours and we enjoyed the drive.

Yesterday my scale was down 0.8 (for a total of 1 pound this week) but my scale was up almost 2 this morning. Weight loss really is 1 step forward 2 steps back for me! Hope today is better. Having two weekends a week (I work Monday, Tuesday & Friday) really makes losing weight this time around a little harder.

We have a few appointments this afternoon, hope to take baby to the duck pond before that. Hubby is off work this week so it has been nice being able to spend some extra time together.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #262  

Greetings from my iPad. I read Diana's and Sotypical's posts. Personals later. And no trying to make names in bold while on this thing (iPad) which I love as long as I don't have to do fancy things.

This morning I was down by 2.6 lbs. But I only ate 650 calories, at most yesterday. And I had only one meal. So tomorrow's weight could be up a bit. Just have to stay strong and meet, with strength, any cravings I might have. Going to do the 3rd day of the hypnosis. I am enjoying the recording. Goal today is less than 1,000 calories.

Ttfn everyone. I hope you have a great Thursday

Last edited by flower123; 08-27-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #263  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Diana, loving the naughty turkey situation. It's good to know my head isn't floating down the gutter all alone.

Flower, it's not often I see looser typed out on the internet in its proper context. I almost read it incorrectly, making the usual correction in my head. Good luck finding that looser bra.

Other than a spin class and a short bike ride yesterday, I have taken the week off from cycling. My knees are glad for the break. One more week and then I fly to Jackson Hole, WY for the start of my Yellowstone bike tour. Yay!

W 149.8
B egg on toast
S tea and cookies
L sausage, veggie chips and various dips (grocery shopping day, so lots of goodies to eat)
D chicken noodle soup
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #264  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

So far so good at the new location. It is gorgeous!! Also, what a difference when working for a more professional/business-minded owner. This shop has top of the line everything and ran like a well-oiled machine. My goodness, I didn't realize how bad things really are at my old shop until now. This was meant to happen for sure. Perfect timing right at the grand re-opening and I couldn't be more content with this decision.

Oh, and TOM?? It only lasted 3 and 1/2 days! and won't be seeing it again for another 28-30 days. That's just beautiful after having TOM for what seemed like 2 years straight. Totally content with the decision to ditch the IUD too. Now I just have to figure out what to do next for BC.*Sigh*

I have to go to the gym tonight because tomorrow they close until Sept 7th for minor renovations. That is borderline unacceptable but what can I do. I'll have to dust off Jillian or run outside if it isn't too hot.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #265  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Diana

Flower your post about getting trapped in the sports bra brought back some memories...nothing like the thing rolling up on you in the back and trying to reach around like a crazy woman to try and get it back where it's supposed to be

coolmom I can't imagine babysitting my nephews (5 yr. old twins) great idea taking them for a bike ride, I bet they loved that, I'd love it

sotypical sounds like you had a good anniversary I learned on this forum that alcohol causes water weight gain, so probably the lovely champagne is your temporary gain, it'll drop back off quickly.

Novangel so glad the new salon is working out for you, that happens often, that we don't realize how bad a situation was until we get away from it, congrats!

Magistra & Nichols thinking of you!

Oh, almost forgot to tell you, Flower and Magistra, I got the mini tramp, joining the club, I've been messing around with it a little, but not a real workout yet, saw some interesting videos on youtube.

Also, I made some zucchini fritters, like a potato pancake with zucchini instead of potato, with my cucumber dip stuff, awesome! ate about six of them, with a little kind of mint julep with some mint from the yard, yummy, almost (as Novangel would say ) amazeballs

hope everyone has a great night

Syckgirlsfv and Larry!

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-27-2015 at 08:46 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #266  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Ha Ha That naughty turkey better get off of me and keep his distance.

I need to get to bed. Tomorrow is my early day.

Novangel Great news! I'm glad everything is coming together for you.

Kelijpa Yay for the new exercise equipment! There are so many things you can do with zucchini.

CoolMom How did I miss that you were doing spin classes, too? I've always wanted to take one.

Flower I bet most of your gain is that dreaded water weight. I hope your day was a good one.

Sotypical Sounds like a great day!

Total Approx 1410 Calories +

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's Ranch

Exercise:
JS 10 Minute Cardio Quckie
JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Enjoy your evening and rest well.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #267  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
Nothing this morning since it's my early day

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 167.4
Down: .4

Have a great day and start to your Friday!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #268  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

kelijpa - I usually go up from drinking, just weird that I was down the day after but up the day after that. Usually I am up the morning after having a drink. What recipe did you use for your zuchinni fritters? I made some recently and really enjoyed them. Enjoy your mini trampoline! I have one a few years ago and loved it! But hubby made me get rid of it and my exercise bike when we were expecting baby.

Diana - congrats on the loss!!

This weekend is going to be a bit tricky. Tonight we are going to a friend's for dinner. Saturday we have two BBQs and Sunday we might end up at my parents! So hard to plan... I am hoping the BBQ Saturday afternoon I can avoid eating, it's a BBQ put on by my baby's daycare so it should be pretty easy as it will probably just be hotdogs. But I will probably gain 10 pounds from the one in the evening haha.

Today:
B - mini pizza bomb/muffin, two fried eggs, coffee and milk
L - salad (greens, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, pepperoni and homemade oil/balsamic/lemon dressing)
S (if needed) - granola bar, apple, carrots
D - at a friends

Last edited by sotypical; 08-28-2015 at 11:59 AM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #269  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Everyone must be busy, not many posts today.

Sotypical Good luck this weekend.

Flower I forgot to wish you luck with the PT. I went back to TJ's to get DH some more of the lemonade. I spoke with someone there about their salad dressings. I was told that they used to have a hummus salad dressing that was good. Did you ever try it? The first sausage on the page, Wild Mushroom with Italian Herbs was the first one I bought. http://www.bilinski.com/products/organic-sausage/ I want to try the Cajun Andouille, too. I also see they have a cranberry turkey.

Total Approx 1410 +

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken, mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, black olives & BHF's Ranch

Exercise:
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 w/5's & 10's
Old 08-29-2015, 01:10 AM   #270  

hi all
going to make this short tonight

Diana, Smoked turkey sounds so good. I know it is high in sodium. And also sometimes has nitrates. If smoked turkey legs didn't have nitrates and calories I would eat, and be addicted to them. I agree that much of my gain must have been water gain. Considering what I lost the next day. How is DH? How are you? Inflammation?
yay re: more weight loss. Sounds like Blinskys has added more sausages to their list. Last time I went to their website many of these options were not there. Oh, the roasted pepper and asiago. that one sounds good too. My store doesn't have any of the new ones. It is the opposite of an expensive store. So I am not surprised. No, I never tried the TJs hummus dressing. But it wouldn't be too hard to make. Lemon, a lot of water (instead of oil), garlic, salt tahini and chickpeas. Blend. Skip the oil. I know chick peas freeze really well. So maybe homemade dressing would as well. (I tend to have a thing for cooking. My chiropractor used to call me a kitchen savant, lol)

Sotypical thank you for the vote of (jogbra) confidence Glad you had a good Anniversary. And then the next day at the beach. Duck pond with baby sounds like a great Friday! Sorry the losing thing is so hard for you. But it is understandable considering you had an anniversary. Just keep trying. That's the important thing. Never give up. You will do it. Maybe the hypnosis thing would help??? I am looking for a partner to hopefully make it more feasable that I will not skip a day. So if ever you are interested..... I hope you are able to enjoy the bbq. I wish they had something low fat there. I wish you could just enjoy. But I know the feeling the next day after I just enjoy a lot of high calorie food.

Coolmom, lol re the looser bra. Glad you are taking the week off. I think that's a wise decision. Let those knees rest before the big event. I have felt that the experience will be empowering for you.

novangel so happy things are good at the new work situation. You suffered so long with sub standard environment. You deserve something good. And you got it ! And you also dealt with removing the IUD. A good time for you to have been making many positive changes. Good luck with figuring out the next BC, as you said. Unless you want another even bigger change.

Kelijpa woohoo you got the mini tramp. You saw youtube videos of people doing things on it? Really? Hummm Sounds good
The Zucchini fritters sound SO good. I want some please

okay as always that was not quick. Today was okay. I ate about 1300 calories. But didn't move much. It was difficult in the evening. I REALLY wanted to go out and buy something. Scale was up Friday morning by a pound. But I deserved it after what I ate on Thursday. It involved 2 apples - new crop, just off the trees. and peanut butter mixed with cashew milk, stevia and sesame oil until it is perfect spreading consistency. And of course chocolate callets. That's why I had to be very careful today. And so it was. I am looking forward to this bouncy club (trampoline). Speaking of bounce, I went to return the jogging bra. I got the larger size and tried it on. I got scared because there was a guy watching over the changing rooms. I tried to not imagine what i would do if that thing became stuck and I needed assistance extracting it from my body. But I did fine. Now all I need to be concerned with is that the band will stay strong in water. Otherwise the girls will succumb to gravity and it will be a total mess at the bottom of the jog bra. These girls have long forgotten anything that remotely resembles perky. I am going to leave you all with that image. You're welcome.

Last edited by flower123; 08-29-2015 at 09:30 PM.