Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Greek salad w/romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, grilled chicken, kalamata and green olives, feta, & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
LM Sports Attack
The Daniel Plan Cardio
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #77  

Hello everyone. I missed a day doing personals for most people. So some of the things I write may be not quite current.

Magistra, glad the mystery of the dumpsters was solved. And your quiet tidy neighborhood is back to being just that. You asked if I pick and eat the basil. Not so much this year. What I am eating doesn't include that. BUT I can harvest it and then put it in the food processor with olive oil. Then put a bit of it in zip lock type bags. Lay them flat in the freezer. I can then break off what I need. And reseal the bag. It works out great. Stays pretty fresh tasting that way. I did give a lot of plants to a young neighbor with a 2 year old child. And also to another neighbor. I just enjoy growing it. It feels good. As does rosemary. Which in the frozen tundra of Vermont is an annual plant. How is it going with the Trampoline? You still doing it? I did not today. But will resume tomorrow. Will think of you as I am jogging in place

RetroRabbit, so glad the headache is better. Those things can really be awful to deal with. Sounds like you got in some good exercise.

Syckgirl, Sorry that you have been dealing with that rash since June. The itch and all. Hope it is all cleared up soon.

Novangel
, I am so glad to read that you are starting a new job. I know you have been long wanting to do that. Very ready to leave where you have been working. I hope it is just the right place for you. You deserve a good working environment where you have great ( and numerous) clients and co-workers. Sorry your son backpack/cell and tablet were stolen. Sounds awful.

Kelijpa, awesome, a 2 lb loss this week. Happy birthday to DH. Hope tomorrow night's celebration tastes good. I do hope its pizza

Nicholsfamily sounds like you are doing a GREAT job organizing the cheer team stuff. Congratulations on the weight. You Rock. For many reasons !!!

Diana I hope the angioedema is better today. love what is written on the blackboard. I think after what I ate today, I will not have to worry about being kidnapped Wish I had a picture of the blackboard. I would post it on facebook. One of my very favorite cartoons about dieting has a swear word in it. Otherwise I would love to post it somewhere here. I settled for sharing it on facebook.

Coolmom sending lots of good healing thoughts to you. I wrote more to you earlier today.

Minnie Sorry the dieting has been so difficult lately. I am sure it is challenging going out to eat with the teachers. And even eating in the cafeteria with all that food around. It is hard to believe school is starting again so soon. Summer vacation is always too short. I agree with you about how supportive everyone here is. It always feels so good to be supportive. And to be supported, of course.

Matisse sounds like you are ready to refocus and get back to a good healthy pattern. I am sure you will succeed. 10 days until school starts. I hope its a good beginning for you.

Coop congratulations on being in the process of buying your first flat. That's huge and awesome. Hope it is going well. These transitional times can be a bit challenging, to put it mildly.

Horo Glad to meet you. Sometimes it takes a couple of times losing the weight before it is not put on again. So glad you are back to losing. I am sure with the support of all of us here, and your obvious dedication you will do a great job of losing.

Well, I had a great couple of days. Today the scale showed great news. I had lost all I gained with the cookie, peanutbutter and chocolate fiasco a few days ago. I even had lost a tiny bit more than before the cookie incident. So instead of continuing to lose, like I should, I ate. And ate. I will not go into the gory details.

I think I will be forced to be more disciplined about those 4 lbs when I switch to winter clothing. AKA, skinny jeans. In the summer I wear "Boho" east Indian skirts with elastic waist. Or cargo pants. So once the cold weather sets in and I cannot wear the summer skirts, I will have to drop the 4 lbs to fit in to the jeans. Meanwhile, tomorrow is Costco shopping day.

I hope everyone has an awesome Saturday. As Marcel says "life's a party. Rock your body" !
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 185.6 (same as yesterday)

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, sliced peaches, coffee w/cream
L: mango, peach, and vanilla yogurt smoothie, rosemary triscuits, thin sliced provolone, handful of nuts
D: one and a half slices of pizza, peppers

E: nothing today, maybe I'll jump on my tramp this evening

I'm feeling much better today. Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my ice cream escapade. I really value all of your great advice and well wishes. I am learning so much from all of you.

I started cutting out my quilt today. I have't gotten to the sewing part yet, but I love it so far. My mom is excited that I am making a quilt and my daughter was inspired to start making her own quilt too. We are having so much fun.

Coolmom I hope you don't suffer too much from the hand and knee pain. Good luck with all your doctor appointments, and I hope the lumps turn out to be nothing. I'm sending prayers your way.

kelijpa Congrats on the 2lbs down! I hope you and your DH had fun going out. I loved your advice. I will definitely remember that I don't have to eat everything that is put in front of me. That's excellent.

flower It's always a good day for me when I see your posts. It doesn't matter how much you write. I just like to know you are there. I love what you did with your basil. It was really sweet of you to give plants away to others so that they can enjoy them. Did I tell you my daughter is growing sunflowers in our back yard? They haven't sprouted yet. It would be so cool if she also grew some herbs. She is going to plant California poppies next. Since you mentioned it, I am going to jump on my tramp tonight. I'm going to listen to some beautiful music while I am jumping and I will think of beautiful flowers.

Matisse Good luck getting to 144! You can do it!

Coop Nice to see you!

Horo Welcome! Good luck with your goals! Depression is hard. I'm glad you are feeling good.

Diana Those old soda fountains are a treasure. Did you ever go to Thrifty's and get ice cream for a nickel? That's how much a one scoop cone cost when I was a little girl. They still have Thrifty ice cream at Rite Aid but it is no longer only a nickel.

Nichols Did you change your picture again? You really are beautiful.

Good night lovely people! I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: the Stretch and Relaxation section from Jane Fonda's AM PM Yoga for Beginners
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

I woke feeling really swollen this morning, so I know it's the edema. The good is that I maintained my weight again, even with the edema going on. Gotta look at the positives, right?

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 170.4
No Change

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi everyone. I will log yesterday's food.

B: Latte and egg sandwich on cheddar baguette at the local boulangerie. It was delicious.
S or L : freshly roasted cashews. Those are hard to resist. I probably overdid it as I was hungry. Beets salad with a touh of roquefort. Purple cauliflower. White wine. Latte.
D : Three choice scallops with saffron sauce, vinho verde. Carrots. Avocado. Pistachio and walnut bread.
Berries covered by dark chocolates (In retrospect, I should have weighed and portioned those), fresh strawberries.

Scale was up 1 lbs which surprised me, but at the same time, my digestive system is bloated and unwell these days.

Today will be a better day. I will use the stationary bike and progress on spring cleaning - which usually happens in August for us teachers.

Magistra - Treats are important to dieting. Do not feel so guilty about it.

Flower - Do you visit Montreal at times? I see so many Vermont plates on the streets and there has always been a great kinship between these two neighbours.

Diana - Where is the edema? Mostly in the abdominal region or do your feet swell as well?

Last edited by Matisse; 08-08-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #81  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Happy saturday!

W 147.?
B egg on toast, coffee
L Subway sub and cookie

I did my 1.5 hour training ride and my big 4 hour ride is tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words about my hand and knee issues. They aren't too bad. Not bad enough to keep me off my bike anyway. The doctor gave me a prescription topical anti inflammatory. What a joke! It did nothing for me at all, and then I started to notice itchy dry skin on my knees. The third application actually felt like it was burning my skin, so I washed it off and will quit using it. Too bad because that was just the sample packets. I got a brand new bottle of the stuff I haven't even started using. It's called Pennsaid and online reviews all sound way too positive like it's a miracle drug. Fake reviews??

Ice packs and allieve do nicely.

Flower, good job on the loss! I hope the off day doesn't set you back any. It's a balance, for sure.

Diana, sorry about the edema. I guess that means you really got into the 160s! You'll see it drop nicely when the edema subsides.

Kelijpa, happy birthday to you husband! I hope the dinner is a good one.

Magistra, we have a soda fountain shop with pharmacy too. It's been there forever and I used to go in and look at all the trinkets for sale when I was a kid. I don't go much anymore at all. Have fun with the quilting!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 08-08-2015 at 06:40 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Matisse: Hope you get down to your GW!

Coop27: Good Luck at your weigh-in!

Horo: You sound exactly like me! I have to be fully focused and 100% in or it won't happen but when I lose weight I lose a majority of my weight! When I gain it though..I gain all of it back plus more

flower123: Thank You!! Sometimes discipline can be so hard.

magistra17: Yes I changed my picture! I honestly feel like my neck and face are changing so much but my belly is staying the same....lol! Maybe it's the last thing to go....who knows

----Happy it's Saturday!! But I'm EXHAUSTED! Helped DH rake up some gravel...we are trying to "create" a new driveway and doing it ALL by hand...which isn't pretty! lol. Once we worked on that for awhile..I got a majority of the grass mowed (on the riding mower) and tomorrow I will conquer the push mower because both together are 4-hour process which I can't ever fit into one day unless we have nothing going on. Around 3:30 we went to my son's t-ball game in which I literally sweated (is that a word??) a good 200 calories off. It was miserably hott outside.

Hopefully tomorrow is a more relaxing day but I doubt it since I haven't dont a lot of cleaning today! OAN: Weight was up .2 lbs this morning ...still gotta workout tonight...then shower and bed can't come soon enough!

Hope everyone has had an awesome Saturday!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:39 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Yesterday was tough. I was in such a snacking mood all day, and fell prey to it. I wound up eating an entire box of pasta by myself in two days. Oops. I also bought wine for a couple friends and myself for last night and we wound up drinking a bottle each. Also oops. It gave me a pretty bad headache today, so I didn't wind up going on a run like I planned, I guess that'll be for tomorrow.
I did bike into town and back though, which was a total of 30 minutes, AND I finally did helicopter on the pole using my abs and no kicking off!! I am SO proud! This was also after hardly practicing for the past two weeks because one of my housemates was sleeping in the room the pole is in due to a new carpet getting put in in his room. I'm going to practice more tomorrow to make sure it's not a fluke. I guess all that planking paid off

no breakfast today
L: tofu and veg sandwich and some chips from a cafe (800)
D: salad, tofu, veg, quinoa (1600)

I've been chugging water all day and got some work on my senior thesis done. So all in all, it was an awesome day! I'll be weighing in tomorrow to see what the damage was from the past two days of wine and pasta, though.

Have a great sunday everyone!

Last edited by RetroRabbit; 08-08-2015 at 08:40 PM.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower My heart and soul was right there with you in the cookie, peanut butter, and chocolate fiasco. That is my favorite type of fiasco.

Magistra We never had a Thrifty's in my area. We had Woolworth's and they had the ice cream counters. Times have changed, that's for sure.

Matisse The swelling is all over. But this morning, I really noticed in when I bent over to pick up the pillow to make the bed. My face literally felt heavy as I leaned over. My nose felt like one of those clown bulb noses. Some days, when I wake, one eye is almost swollen shut but the other one is almost normal. Crazy stuff. Your food from yesterday sounds delish!

CoolMom
I do think I was really in the 160's. But I think all the stars lined up just perfect and the edema was at a low point. I'm sorry the Pennsaid didn't help. Was it burning like it had capsaicin in it? The capsaicin cream helps when the shingles pain flares back up. But geesh does it burn.

Nicholsfamily Another pretty picture of you. I hope you can rest well tonight after all the activities today.

Retrorabbit Hi

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 08-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

This week DH had a craving for candied sweet potatoes. Then he came up with a menu that he wanted me to make today. He wanted Cornish game hens. I looked up the calories and 1 hen is like 700 calories. UGH! A simple solution would be to eat 1/2 of a hen. My whole issue with this is that I can eat a whole rotisserie chicken. Of course this is those voices in my head. It's always a battle between me and the overweight person. I went back and forth all day about that nonsense. I use so much time and energy with these internal battles. But I did well and stayed the course.

Total Approx 1470 calories +

Breakfast 250 calories +
Organic valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (350 calories)
salad w/grilled salmon, romaine, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, chopped apple & BHF ranch 350 calories

Dinner (870 calories)
1/2 Cornish game hen 350 calories
very small spoon dressing 100 calories
2 small chunks sweet potatoes 100 calories
1 T cranberry sauce 50 calories
green beans 100 calories
blueberry & vanilla yogurt parfait 170 calories <--I am really enjoying these parfaits that I make on the weekend

Exercise:
Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 w/weighted gloves (#1 each) and #5's
Old 08-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #86  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

okay, I'm getting back to diet mode...1300 calories today
No workout though, had to work in my shop most of the day today. We caught one of the new girls stealing money. Uggg! So, I'm having to fill in a little more. Tomorrow I'll be back in my classroom doing last minute things to get ready for my new class. I'm so excited!!! I love new school supplies..can't explain it.....just love it!!

Magistra: What is the "soda fountain" ??? I may have missed something?

Horo: You can do it...just stay focused on the goal

Matisse: It's always nice going back to work a little lighter....Kicking
Pumpkins...LOL!

Flower: I'm so happy that you are back. I just love reading your posts.

Diana: Thanks for the "Will Power Dust" I'll need it. The beginning of the school year is the hardest for me. I'm just so tired all the time. And...for some reason when I'm tired, I want to eat

CoolMom: You've just had a rough couple of months.....*hugs!!

Nichols: Nice pic...You are on a roll girl!!!

Kellijpa: Steak or Pizza......hummmm.......both?

I feel like I'm missing someone.......
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #87  

Hola everyone !! (no I am not Spanish speaking. Was just getting bored writing Hi or hello) Happy Sunday

Magistra, Three generations of women in one family making quilts. I love that image. How LOVEly. I am happy to ear that your daughter is growing sunflowers. They are SO beautiful. I love the obvious fibonaci of them. I tried again and again to grow them this year. But an outside dweller of unknown identity was feasting on the seeds. I planted more. And he/she enjoyed the meal. Finally I realized this was not going to be a sunflower year. I did commune with the trampoline today. Thanks too you. I didn't time how long I jogged. Was doing it while on the phone with sister in law. Perfect way to do it. Took my mind off of the monotony of the event. Thank you for your kind words. I feel the same way about you. Seriously. btw, I love California poppies. And lettuce, Oriental, Icelandic... well I love poppies. How do you water them in LA? Can you water plants there?

Diana I hope the edema is fleeting. I hope it resolves very quickly. And yes, it is great that you maintained even with the edema. That's quite an accomplishment. I SO related to what you said about being able to eat a whole rotisserie chicken. Here's a horrible secret. I used to buy 4 costco rotisserie chickens. The biggest ones they had. I would take them home and take off the skin and wings. I would put the rest on a huge pot with water. I would cook it for 3 days. BUT I would take the skin and wings and put them on paper towel in the microwave. Nuke until crisp. I would remove what fat I could and then eat all the skin and wings. Yes, I actually used to do that many years ago. I do not even use a microwave for my food. Ever. But I used to do that. I am so impressed that in the end you won the battle. I know how hard those internal food battles can get. But you prevailed. The food monster voice: 0 Diana: 1 This round went to Diana !! ( and you didn't even have to pay PPV for it) Hoping the angioedema leaves you alone. Post haste.

Matisse, your menu sounds lovely. What beautiful foods you ate. While Burlington is close to Montreal, I have not been there in many years. I used to have a boyfriend who lived and worked there. But that was a long time ago. So many from Quebec do come to this area. Especially on weekend and holidays. I used to know a few women from Montreal who would come down every month for a weekend course that I also took for a couple of years. So yes, the 2 areas are very connected. Someone who is like a daughter to me lives outside of Montreal. Do you go to Upstate NY or VT? What do you teach? Do you mind saying?

CoolMom, In December and January I had quite a situation with inflammation. It was rough going. It ended up resolving. But was painful and problematic for a full month. One thing my chiropractor suggested I try was "natural Calm". by a company called Natural vitality. It seems to be a pretty popular product for inflamation. Its basically Ionic Mag. Citrate. Can be gotten at probably any health food store. idk if it would help you at all. But I thought I would pass along the info.

NicholsFamily
Avitar picture: AWESOME. You look beautiful. I was exhausted just reading all you did today. What a workout you had with the driveway and all. Sounds great though for weight loss and toning. I DO hope you can get some rest though.

Retrorabbit, congratulations on the pole work. That's SO great. Guess the plank stuff DID pay off. I understand those craving days when, for me its like I have been starving for weeks and just need FOOD. I am hoping that your off day boosted your metabolism to burn more during the on point days. But I am sorry about the headache.

Minnie, bless your teacher heart!! What do you teach. Teachers are SO vitally important. I am very sorry to read that an employee was stealing. I felt that right in my gut. What a terrible thing to trust someone and then find out she has been stealing. I am sorry. Great though that you kept down to 1300 calories. You rock !!!

Kelijpa, okay so what was it? The birthday dinner with DH. Pizza? This is a cliffhanger.

Hi To everyone else

Today I did fine except for going to Costco. Do their samples really have calories? I have to say I ate a lot of samples. They had local meatballs. And big raviolis. They had whole grain honey bread. They had bean and grain salad. It was like an odd cocktail party without the mingling. And of course with oversized shopping carts. I was pretty good the rest of the day. There was much hot chocolate. But that's to be expected. I resisted the food I wanted at the supermarket where I went to get local pickling cucumbers. But there is some good news. They overcharged me for the cucumbers. Then the person in customer service said they did not. Of course I believed her. But then I went back and looked at the sign. So I asked to talk with a manager. He said yes. They have 2 kinds of pickling cucumbers. The local kind I got is in fact the lower price on sale. So he gave me a 10 dollar gift card to make up for the mistake. I really was not angry sounding. So he did not have to do that. i just asked him how he could make it so it would not happen tomorrow. And he gave me the card. Oh I was thrilled. I complemented him on his salad bar and told him about the little known fococcia bread that they sell there. He was glad for the compliment and hot tip ( which he actually did not know about). And I was thrilled. so that worked out quite well. A good food experience was had by all

I hope you all have a great Sunday. And as Marcel says "Guess why I smile a lot. 'Cause it's worth it."

Last edited by flower123; 08-09-2015 at 12:19 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:15 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 185.6

B: oatmeal, apricot tea
L: Hebrew National hot dog on whole wheat bun w/mustard
D: green salad w/grilled chicken, crudites, italian dressing
D: cherry dark chocolate

E: jogging on trampoline

Spent the day running errands and working on my quilt. I still have a lot of prep work for school but I think I should be done with it in a few days and then I can hit the beach and take a rest. I'm trying to get a couple more doctor appointments in before school starts. I still have to make an eye doctor appointment and a dentist appointment. Once school starts, adjusting to the school schedule after the long lazy summer is a challenge. But I get used to it after a couple weeks and it gets easier.

Diana So sorry to hear about the edema. I hope it disappears quickly. You really have a good attitude about it! I forgot about Woolworths. We had one of those too in the same shopping center as the Thriftys. Those were the days. Your DH has good taste in food. We always make candied sweet potatoes as part of our Thanksgiving dinner. It's one of my favorite dishes. And I could easily eat a whole rotisserie chicken too. Yum!

Matisse No problem, I don't have guilt over eating treats. I regularly treat myself. My issue was that I ate too much of the treat and felt sick for rest of the day. Hope you have fun with your spring cleaning. I did some of that last month. I had a great time cleaning out my closets.

minnie A soda fountain is one of those counters with the stools where they serve things like ice cream sundaes, root beer floats, and sandwiches. We have one near our house and I ate some ice cream there the other day. I've attached a picture of our soda fountain so you can see what it looks like.

flower do you think it was a bird eating your sunflowers? Do other animals eat sunflower seeds? Squirrels? I know humans like them. Was it a human? We have a watering schedule in LA. We are allowed to water every other day. Weirdly, we have also had a lot of rain this summer. My daughter is very efficient and uses a big watering can to water her flowers. She says she has some annoying grass growing around the edges of her little garden. I guess she will have to pull it out. I love your description of the samples at Costco. Maybe they don't really have calories. When I was in Weight Watchers they always made us count things like that, but now that I'm doing low carbs, I don't count tasting food at Costco. And yes, I am jumping on my tramp this evening.

Coolmom I'm glad to hear that the hand and knee pain isn't so severe that it keeps you off your bike. That's so weird that the topical didn't work. Maybe those were fake reviews.

Nichols Yes, sweated is a word. Ha, ha! My waistline is the last thing to shrink too. Everything else goes before that, and I also notice weight loss in my face first. It would be so nice if it was the other way around.

RetroRabbit Sorry to hear that you have headache. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Last edited by magistra17; 09-20-2017 at 09:35 PM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
Nothing for this morning (except if you count putting up a load of laundry and one load of dishes from the dishwasher and then adding another load of dishes to be washed. I rinsed off the second load that was in the sink so the dishes wouldn't be hanging out overnight dirty. Why does it take a whole kitchen of dishes to make some of the meals that DH likes? )

At least my body agreed with the so-little-good-food from last night. It only agreed by a bit, but I will take it.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 170.2
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #90  
Warrior Princess

Flower, thank you. You're always so kind. Hopefully things are going to improve at this new location, I feel scared at 41 to not have my career sorted out yet. I must've screwed up bad somewhere along the line! As far as my Son's stuff being stolen I'm just glad it's material items that can be replaced but it sucks when I don't have much money coming in at the moment..When it rains it pours, right? I'm waiting to see what State Farm will cover. I'll probably be lucky to get $100 back but better than nothing.

I went to the gym on Friday night but haven't been able to go back since. I'll go Monday. I'm looking/feeling my midsection and getting very annoyed. Vacation time is creeping up and I'm nowhere near where I want to be.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote