Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-05-2015, 02:14 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 186.0

B: whole wheat bun w/butter and grated cheese, coffee w/cream
L: peach/vanilla yogurt smoothie, nuts and seeds
D: Pollo Loco chicken w/pinto beans, cole slaw, and a flour tortilla
D: coconut dark chocolate, mint tea

E: 25 minutes, abs, stretches, arms, and tramp

Ug, it was hot in the 90's today and the humidity was super high. I had a long busy day and I am feeling really tired, but I wanted to post. A weird thing happened on our street today. Somebody stacked several dumpsters in a tower right in the middle of our street so that we have to carefully maneuver around them with our cars. So annoying. I can't even begin to figure out why they did it. I saw two big trucks parked there (unusual) when I was leaving to go to an appointment, and when I returned two hours later there were the dumpsters and no trucks. I ran another errand and when I came back I was glad to see the police there taking care of it. It really disturbs me when nutty things like that happen in our nice quiet little neighborhood.

Nicholsfamily You are going to be a wonderful cheer sponsor! I sympathize! I am an introvert who had to become an extrovert. When my son was in the Boy Scouts, I got recruited to be a Boy Scout leader. Talk about being out of my comfort zone. It was hard work. I did it until my son made Eagle and then I was relieved to be done with that! What we do for our kids!

flower 4 pounds to go! You can do it! I hope you find an IRL exercise buddy. I know what you mean. I like having someone to walk with, but when I have to walk alone, I have my mp3 player in my ears and that can be pretty nice too. BTW--if you ever want to do English Country Dance, just google it in your area. Chances are really good there is a group nearby that you can join. This kind of dancing is easy; people want to help you learn the moves, and they are friendly. I'm jumping on my tramp again this evening. Sending you some

Syckgirl Good job losing the water weight!

Diana I do hope your DH doesn't have anything serious. Sending you some prayers!

RetroRabbit I hope your headaches go away. Headaches are such a drag. I was inspired by your plank conversation with kelijpa, so I tried to do a plank this evening and managed to hold it for about 3 seconds. Okay, that's pretty good for me. A month ago I couldn't even get up and down from the floor, so it's amazing that I could even do that much. Ha, ha! Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.

Good night everybody! I hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #47  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Diana sending prayers and positive vibes your way

RetroRabbit I added one in last night. 30 seconds, my whole body was shaking just the one

Magistra great job with the plank, you'll be surprised how fast you can hold it longer, it is a tough one, but very good exercise, I've been doing yoga for about a month and a half, and am amazed at how much better I can do some of the poses I couldn't manage at all when I started.

Flower your posts always make me smile

Nichols congrats on your weight, good luck with the cheering, you'll be great, it's supposed to be good for us to get out of our comfort zone once in awhile. Thanks for the idea about sunscreen.

wave waving hi all around

Hope everyone has a great day

173.7 today, did all my exercises yesterday, figure I must be hanging on to a little water, less than last week at this time, so keep on keeping on...

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 AM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch Standing
Nothing for this morning - DH has a Dr's appointment and I have to open the shop

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 170.4 (TTOM - I'm hoping today will be my last day. I think I am on day 10 )
Up: .2

I started feeling really swollen last night and I still have it this morning. I think it's the angioedema causing the swelling. My mouth/lips have the cuts inside from the swelling. Hopefully it will stay to a minimum.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-05-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

As happy and proud as I am to say I hit the 160's! It sucks because I'm worried the 2 lbs I dropped are going to come back. In fact I know they will come back. I haven't had much of an appetite the past 2 days and I have been running back and forth to the bathroom if you catch my drift! I almost think I have what my husband had but I am a bit more lively and energized. Haven't hit my low-end of the calories, gotten my water in or been able to do much working out (besides some walking) the past two days but when I woke up in the morning the scale read 169.8!! I was so happy to see that but at the same time kind of down because I know when I meet back up with my calories (hopefully today or tomorrow)..it's going to come right back what do ya'll think?

I got through the first part of the sponsoring (Calling all the parents and letting them know their girl is on the squad and our first meeting/uniform fitting) yesterday. This was right after we had a HUGE cell phone outage ...I believe they said cellphone were out all over Kentucky...Indiana...and the Tenneessee area. But anyways I made i through it..now if I could just get past this meeting I will feel really accomplished!

RetroRabbit: Hope your headaches go away!
Diana3271: I have your husband in my T&P today when you find something out let us know!
Syckgirlsfv: Your water weight will come of fast! No worries!

Hey flower123 and berryblondeboys!

Well gotta get off here and get ready for WORK. Hope everyone has a great day!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

UPDATE!

DH is back from the Dr. and it looks like it's fungal. He's on a diabetes medication called Invokana. Invokana causes yeast growth like that. The areas are on the front of his shin, in between the thumb and first finger, and the back of his arms. The front of his shin is a large round circle. That's what made us think it was Lyme. The areas on the back of his arms and thumb/finger comes and goes. Originally, I thought it was fungal and was applying a topical on him. It would help but didn't get rid of it. I guess it wasn't strong enough. The Dr. has several prescriptions, oral and topical for him. While DH was there he had them test for various tick borne illnesses since he has had many tick bites over the Spring and Summer.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for us.

I'll be back later.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #51  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm glad it is a simple fix, Diana.

Good morning, everyone.

W 148.8
B egg on toast
L fish tacos
D veg and chorizo sausage

I'm fasting until after my 10am doctor appointment since the first time I saw a rheumatologist and they surprised me with fasting labs. This is a one year follow up on the ongoing issue with hand and knee pain. They couldn't find anything last time.

Nichol, congrats on the 160s. Don't worry about the bounce back up. That is to be expected but at least the bounce is happening with lower numbers, right?

Magistra, that's interesting about the dumpsters. I wonder what the reason was.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #52  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

UPDATE!

DH is back from the Dr. and it looks like it's fungal. He's on a diabetes medication called Invokana. Invokana causes yeast growth like that. The areas are on the front of his shin, in between the thumb and first finger, and the back of his arms. The front of his shin is a large round circle. That's what made us think it was Lyme. The areas on the back of his arms and thumb/finger comes and goes. Originally, I thought it was fungal and was applying a topical on him. It would help but didn't get rid of it. I guess it wasn't strong enough. The Dr. has several prescriptions, oral and topical for him. While DH was there he had them test for various tick borne illnesses since he has had many tick bites over the Spring and Summer.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for us.

I'll be back later.
Oh good news!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:36 PM   #53  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

magistra weird about the dumpsters. LA, right? LOL, I live in a quiet little neighborhood, too, and last night we heard what HAD to be a gunshot. Sounded like a shotgun. Still don't know what it was!

Diana yay that it wasn't lyme!!! man, I feel for your DH with the rash...I'm still recovering from the one I had in June. It's been gone for a while, but I still itch sometimes. I think my skin is dry and I've been moisturizing, but I think about it which probably causes me to think I itch. The rash never itched!

nichols don't stress, it might not come back! if it does, you'll just kick it's *** again

ok, yesterday's healthy lunch didn't happen because they ordered pizza here at work. I had 2 slices, they were small, and a piece of rosemary bread. I did have a good dinner of a burger patty w/swiss and pickles, and green beans. No gain! I am down another water pound and a half, I think. 155.6 today so I need to drop at least 3 more and I'll be happy. BUT! I was up to 161 for one day, can you believe that? I will NOT go back in to the 160s! I want the 140s! Or at least closer to 150 again where I'm comfortable.

B - s'mores goldfish crackers (great, right? but they are SO good)
S - string cheese, cheez-its.
L - grilled organic chicken breast and brocollette.
D - maybe stuffed chicken breasts and green beans
EX - we might go for a walk
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #54  

hi everyone. I hope you had a good Wednesday

Magistra, okayyyyyyyy I will jog on the trampoline. Just because you are doing it. Your menu yesterday sounds awesome. Glad the police were dealing with the dumpsters. That sounds pretty annoying. Especially in a quiet little neighborhood. Did you ever find out what was happening? thanks for the suggestion re the English country dance.

CoolMom that was quite a busy "do nothing" day you had

Kelijpa, congratulations on that 2 lb loss. Way to go !

Nicholsfamily I do feel for you with the social discomfort. I know that when I get to know and feel comfortable with people it makes a world of difference in my shyness. I hope you meet people who can see your awesomeness. You made it through the phone calling. Good going!! Glad your sunburn has eased up. And of course glad your DH is feeling better. Re: your last post, if the 2 lbs does come back it will leave again. And even more will be lost. Yes it will !!!

Diana I am praying for your DH. Just read your most recent posts. I do hope the angioedema leaves as suddenly as it came. You DONT need that. So glad your DH is being properly diagnosed and treated. Fungal infection. easily resolved. And just in case the dr tested for lyme and other tic borne illnesses. Excellent. I hope that rash quickly responds to the medication he got.

Berryblondeboys i hope your friend with Lyme Disease can find someone who can help her recover. So few people know how to treat lyme once it has really taken hold for a long period of time

Syckgirl, not surprised at all to read that you are down some of that water weight. You always manage to take charge of the weight.

RetroRabbit Hoping the headache is much better by Thursday. That's always a nasty thing to deal with.

everyone else

weight gain this morning was 1.4. was my own fault. Big cookie that I bought and covered with copious amount of peanutbutter and Belgian Chocolate? Yes that will add those lbs. Next time I would choose bread. The cookie was too sweet with the pb and chocolate

Today I was pretty good. I did have a pint of blueberries. But the calories are not too high. Although I will not vouch for the toxins in them. . I resisted much temptation today. I stuck to my regular food. With a bit extra hot chocolate. I think they may write on my gravestone "She died of Hot chocolate overdose".

Today I went to the camera store to have more photos printed. So I can make up more note cards. I just love flowers. And now I have tons of basil growing on my front walk. They are so beautiful. The garden has lost its late spring/early summer glory. But the tall perfuse phlox are giving people quite a show. And the wave petunias. Both the phlox and petunias are in many colors. Well only shades of pink, purple, blue and white. The best thing is I never planted the phlox. gotta love those birds. And of course some fairies. And they are in the correct colors. The phlox are purple, pink and white. (no blue though) Ahhhh nature.
Total calories today will be about 1200

I hope you all have a good Thursday. With health,dance, biking cheering etc.

Last edited by flower123; 08-05-2015 at 09:05 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the support. I am picking up personals from today. I need to get to bed early. Waking up earlier than normal messed me up.

Nicholsfamily I love Turbo Jam. Today I did a Turbo Fire w/Chalene. I also have some of her Turbo Kicks. Fun!

CoolMom I hope they get something figured out with the hand and knee pain.

Berry Yes, good news, indeed.

Syckgirlsfv Did you use an oral anti-fungal or just topical?

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/grilled salmon, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta, & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 08-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

kelijpa- Yep, that's how it starts! Hope you see some results soon!'

Thanks for all the headache wishes everyone, it was better today but not perfect. I hardly ever get headaches, so I'm not sure what this is telling me...

Today was good, a 30 minute jog, 3 1/2 minute plank, and biking to and from work. There was roadwork on my usual route, so I had to take a long way which added a good 10 minutes or so in total at least. Not bad

B: watermelon, coconut water (300)
L: quinoa salad, grapes, banana (900)
D: zucchini, some pasta, with an olive tomato sauce (1400)
s: banana and peanut butter and crackers (1800)
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:01 PM   #57  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

flower that cookie and pb sound awesome!

Diana he gave me a topical cream and a body shampoo, but it turned out NOT to be fungal and it spread like wildfire! Ended up being some type of dermatitis, brought on by who knows what. He had also given me a prescription antihistamine to take at bedtime, which did come in handy after all. I had to take an oral steroid to get rid of the rash I had and it hasn't come back.

We just walked 4 miles. I am going to have a chicken cordon blue and green beans
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:27 PM   #58  
Warrior Princess

I'm jumping in late this month, it's been crazy. I won't even get into the theft of my son's backpack which had his tablet and cell, but I'm also leaving my job and transferring to another location starting the 23rd. I'm very nervous but I'm trying remain positive that this will be for the better + busier = more money. I'm taking a week off in between to regroup plus getting my son back into school that week. Too much.

I have no idea what I weigh at the moment but I'm almost certain I haven't had a gain. Stress always keeps it down plus I'm still hitting the gym even though my motivation is low to be honest.

Diana, that's a really nice picture of you!

I'm still in this. I'm not quitting yet.

Last edited by novangel; 08-05-2015 at 11:29 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:22 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 186.8

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, blueberries, coffee w/cream
L: raspberries and vanilla yogurt smoothie, nuts
D: orange chicken from Trader Joes, brown rice, snap peas
D: cherry dark chocolate

E: 25 minutes abs, arms, stretches, and tramp

I found out what happened with the dumpster tower. I can always rely on DH to find out things and he told me this afternoon that of the two trucks I saw yesterday, one big truck had broken down right there and the other big truck had come to rescue it. They had to unload the dumpsters in a tower right there because they couldn't move the truck one way or the other. But they came back and got the dumpsters today. Mystery cleared!

Diana I'm sorry to hear the angioedema is giving you trouble, but I'm so glad to hear that DH has something treatable. I hope the treatment works and that it gets rid of the fungus. Fungus can be tricky. And I hope your edema calms down quickly too.

Syckgirl Right! LA, never a dull moment! Gunshot is scary. Did you report what you heard? I think it helps the police when they get reports. One time our neighbors had some teenage boys visiting and they were shooting bb guns into our back yard. Our dogs were terrified and I couldn't figure out why and then I heard "pop, pop." DH went to investigate and it turned out that they just didn't realize they were shooting into our back yard. They thought they were shooting into empty space. Crazy kids!

flower I'm jumping on my tramp because you inspired me to jump on it, so I appreciate that you're doing it with me. My menu was tasty yesterday, but I'm afraid it caused me some water weight. Your flower garden sounds fabulous. I hope you will post some pictures for us. Do you pick and eat your basil?

novangel Good luck with your new job. I do hope it is better for you. So glad to hear that you are quitting that other job, and I do hope you are happy in your new job. That's too bad about your son's backpack.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #60  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Diana so glad to hear about your DH, hope the angioedema goes away quickly, brought in by the stress probably, now that you have some relief hopefully it will leave quickly, good he asked for the other tests as well. I added some Tracy Anderson arm exercises to my little weight routine, she has you moving pretty good, it adds that cardio/sweating element you mentioned in an earlier post.

Coolmom sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, hope the Drs.' Visit goes well.

Magistra good to hear the dumpster thing had an explanation,

Syckgirlsfv sorry to hear the rash is still bothering you.

Flower I love the flowers, too, especially when I see the pollinators buzzing around, gives a great feeling. I remember your beautiful photos.

Nichols hope you're feeling better soon, I second what Syckgirlsfv said

Well, I better get moving, hope everyone has a great day

Retrorabbit glad to hear the headache is better, did another plank, nothing like a plank to humble you a bit

174.1 this morning, I'm blaming DOMS water weight, still below last week, so all good.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote