Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2015, 04:58 AM   #1  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Default Tea Monster!

I have officially turned into a Tea drinking monster. Now I'm not talking about green tea or a nice healthy lemon tea. I mean good ole British tea with milk and sugar.

I drink water, all the time and sometimes a treat myself to diluting juice (not sold in the USA) but once a day, usually at night, I have a nice big cup of tea!

Only now I'm having one with breakfast because I feel its only right to drink one with eggs and toast.

Then I want one at lunch and mid afternoon and dinner and ALL THE TIME!!!

I think I'm craving the sugar, because I would never have this many cups of tea. Im loosing it!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Height: 5'2"

I am also a tea monster. But I switched to an artificial sweetener for 1-2 weeks and then cut the sweetener out all together. No more. I still put milk in it though! I admit, I had chai with a tsp of honey in it two days ago, but that's a rare occurance!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

If you're counting the calories (or points, or whatever you do), then it's not a problem, except you might be more full eating those calories rather than drinking them. If you're not counting them, careful!

Do you not like green tea or lemon tea or tea without milk or sugar? If you're craving the tea you like, try switching to a different type of tea - what about peppermint? That might make your mouth feel "clean" afterwards so you don't want to drink the other tea.
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #4  

Height: 6-1.5

Gah! I am American and can only drink hot tea plain. Iced tea also. Tea with sugar or milk sounds not so good.

Maybe switch to herbal tea, or tea that has a flavor?
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

You need to find a way of eating that works for YOU. It's totally possible that you can lose weight getting little blasts of sugar throughout the day. I know for sure that wouldn't work for me. The more sugar I have, the more sugar I want. Even artificial sugars monkey with my blood sugar and make me want to eat.

I can say with all sincerity that I was a nutrasweet addict. I went through withdrawal and I was having dreams about getting a fix for more than a month after I gave it up. When it finally came time for me to eliminate the sugar from my diet (five months later), it only took me a few days because, while I liked sugar, I wasn't addicted to it.

*IF* you are addicted to sugar, maybe that should be your focus right now, rather than the numbers on the scale. Although it might not seem like it, it'd still be part of your weight loss. The most important and most difficult thing I did in my weight loss journey took five months and it didn't take a pound off me.

I'd be lying if there weren't times when I still wanted a Diet Coke. Particularly when I'm eating certain foods, but it's an urge that's now resistable. The physical craving is gone. There's no way I could've changed my eating so drastically all at one time. I needed to isolate my biggest problem (Diet Coke), eliminate it from my diet, and then, many months later, I could begin eating sensibly.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasa View Post
You need to find a way of eating that works for YOU. It's totally possible that you can lose weight getting little blasts of sugar throughout the day. I know for sure that wouldn't work for me. The more sugar I have, the more sugar I want. Even artificial sugars monkey with my blood sugar and make me want to eat.

I can say with all sincerity that I was a nutrasweet addict. I went through withdrawal and I was having dreams about getting a fix for more than a month after I gave it up. When it finally came time for me to eliminate the sugar from my diet (five months later), it only took me a few days because, while I liked sugar, I wasn't addicted to it.

*IF* you are addicted to sugar, maybe that should be your focus right now, rather than the numbers on the scale. Although it might not seem like it, it'd still be part of your weight loss. The most important and most difficult thing I did in my weight loss journey took five months and it didn't take a pound off me.

I'd be lying if there weren't times when I still wanted a Diet Coke. Particularly when I'm eating certain foods, but it's an urge that's now resistable. The physical craving is gone. There's no way I could've changed my eating so drastically all at one time. I needed to isolate my biggest problem (Diet Coke), eliminate it from my diet, and then, many months later, I could begin eating sensibly.
^^^Exactly what she said
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh, I hear you! I LOVE English black tea with milk and sugar! It's just so soothing and downright heavenly! BUT with all that milk and sugar, you are right--that's too much. Instead, keep it special and treat yourself with a cup once a day, but have green or lemon tea the other times.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #8  
Determind Member

Thank you for all your replys....

I was kept quite busy this weekend which meant...... NO TEA!!!!

I never used to include my tea intake, just because It was always so little. Anything other than typical british tea has never really been a popular choice in scotland. You could buy liptons ice tea but it is only really been in the last year or so that flavoured tea has became the new trend. I can only really drink flavoured Ice tea and not flavoured Hot tea. I do however have a honey and apricot one but its a little nasty, for sure nothing like a good old cuppa.

I think its very much been a substitute for the lack of sugar and ive been enjoying the sweetness of it. But I really do need to pull some strength from somewhere and resist a cup until later in the day. Today I had a glass of fanta :/ and thats where I realized that its been very muct about the craving for sugar, which makes it worse because once ive had one, a few hours later I want another.

But thank you for your lovely words and Ill use all your great tips to try get off the Tea.

Thank you!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #9  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

i always drink english tea with milk and sugar, but then I tried green tea which I just drink black... and that got me used to drinking tea without anything in it... and now suddenly I enjoy any kind of tea black. It helps with the pesky sugar calories, I don't really like sweeteners.
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Love tea! Except the kind I drink the brits would probably turn their noses up at - it's the herbal kind with no caffeine

And no....I don't put anything in my tea. Love it unsweetened and no milk.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:52 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7''

if someone took away my tea (with semi skimmed milk, no sugar) I'd freak out! at least 5 cups a day for me. I tried herbal tea but never enjoyed it, it was punishment to drink lol!
you gotta have a way of eating/drinking that works for you. Be at one with your tea :-)

Last edited by finn; 07-30-2015 at 05:53 AM.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #12  
Determind Member

Jersey I can picture the type of tea you drink lol its very popular now, but it not the kind of tea like you said we drink lol. I even tried some "British Tea" while living in the states and it just isnt the same.

Finn Im glad you are sugar free, I have tried it but I seem to want to always go back to the sugar. I drink Builders Tea (if you know what I mean), so no milk would just be horrid. An YES I totally agree about the herbal tea, It feels like complete punishment, Like if I had a cold and my mum was making me drink lemsip. Thats what herbal tea tastes like to me.