Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default PLEASE HELP... desperate to loose

I have a month and 20 days to try to loose two dress sizes. I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding with 4 other bridesmaids who are size 0-00 which makes my size 6 (weight 130 and im 23yo but only 5.0)feel totally out of place. I'm not trying to starve myself. It's very hard for me to lose weight but I am desperate to just be at least a size 2 to feel more confident and love my body. Has anyone been able to successfully loose two dresses sizes in less than 2 months that could share their story and give me a diet plan I can mimic.

Thank you so much!!!
tik2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I don't know how much weight that would be for you to be able to lose 2 dress sizes, plus everybody loses weight at different rates based on many factors, but since the body stores water with carbs, I'd say your best option would be to do a low-carb or slow-carb diet. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer, but there's really no way to know if you can lose enough to fit into a size 2 in two months. Just don't do any crazy fad diet that will make your hair fall out (and yes, that does happen)! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #3  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

None of us here can promise that we can make your goal happen but we can support you in your attempts, assuming they're healthy.

I would suggest increasing exercise to go with diet. The two together is the best bet for weight loss. But I'll warn against crash dieting. It might get you ready for this one day but typically the weight will come back, sometimes even more. If you can get yourself in a healthy routine so that after you lose maintaining becomes easier then you won't have to worry about these events popping up, you'll already be happy with where you're at.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

The best course of action is just to limit your calories to a healthy 1200 or nutritious non-crap food that will bloat you or cause cellular inflammation. Also work out like a crazy person and possibly you can make it work. No Fad diets bc you will be unhealthy and possibly harm yourself....not to mention gain all the weight back. Be healthier and look will come. I had a situation prior to a wedding with a zipper that kept wanting to pop open. I was so paranoid that I ate salads everyday and worked out every second I could. When I put the dress on, the day of the wedding, I had to safety pin the straps to my bra because I lost so much weight that that kept wanting to fall down. Just be healthy. Its the best course of action
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tik2420 View Post
I have a month and 20 days to try to loose two dress sizes. I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding with 4 other bridesmaids who are size 0-00 which makes my size 6 (weight 130 and im 23yo but only 5.0)feel totally out of place. I'm not trying to starve myself. It's very hard for me to lose weight but I am desperate to just be at least a size 2 to feel more confident and love my body. Has anyone been able to successfully loose two dresses sizes in less than 2 months that could share their story and give me a diet plan I can mimic.

Thank you so much!!!
You're desperate to lose weight because you think that a size 6 amongst some supposedly size 2 girls is out of place and you think that by losing weight you will feel confident and love your body? You couldn't be more wrong about any of this.

If the bride chose you to be a bridesmaid it's because she loves and values YOU. You are the one who is not valuing yourself. People come in all shapes and sizes and not everybody has to be a size 2. You are not valued in comparison to other people, you are your own entity and you should love and accept yourself as you are. Losing 2 dress sizes in 2 months IS a crash diet no matter how healthily you go about it and DESPERATION is really not a good reason or a good motivator, especially if you expect to keep it off. By going on a crash diet you are taking a step in a very long and painful road of yoyoing and believe me I wish someone would've told me to love and accept myself and perhaps I wouldn't have started down that awful road. This road only leads to bigger gains, bigger losses and then bigger gains again.

Here's an exercise, it won't shrink your thighs but it may help you see the value in yourself. Look at the girl in the mirror every day and tell her that you love her and accept her as a whole person. Don't pick your body apart like you're a fried chicken dinner, you are more than just legs and thighs and flabby arms. You girls will all look beautiful and lovely in your dresses because you are women that bring out the best in your friend who is the bride.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote