Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Weighing in and Going Up

I hope this finds everyone in a better mood than I

My boyfriend is in town this week (which is nice considering we are temporarily living in different countries). He's been cooking for me (sous vide chicken and fish, all healthy), we've been drinking water like its going out of style, and have been having daily gym dates.

And I've gained weight

Now, granted I last weighed myself a week ago and he's only been in town since Sunday so there may be no correlation. however, today I weighed myself and I have gone up since my last "weigh in wednesday". If anything has changed over the last week its only been for the better, and yet the scale will not give me a break.

Anyway I'm not going to complain too much or go into too much detail. I said I'd use this forum for support and, well, I'm needing some. Chin up and all.
ABarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #2  

Hi ABarta, gaining weight is part of the process. At least it has been for me. I will lose 4 weeks or so in a row and the next week I will have gained. Do you weigh yourself at the same time each time you weigh? I heard you get the most accurate results if you do.

Also, since you have been going to the gym daily, you may just be gaining muscle. Have you measured yourself? Sometimes you will see that you are losing inches, even though you have been gaining.
Becs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

So sorry ABarta! I've been weighing myself every single day first thing in the morning for the last 5.5 months. If there's one thing I've noticed it's that I can't account for day to day variances. It's been especially frustrating the last 2.5 months. I'll be down two full pounds and then three days later, I'll be up 3 pounds from that low. My food intake and exercise behavior in that time often seems irrelevant to the number on the scale. The daily (and even weekly weight loss) is so erratic that I would tell you I probably didn't lose a single pound in the last 2.5 months except I'm at least ten pounds lighter than I was back in May.

Sounds to me like that's the way you're body is too. Sometimes I know it's related to my monthly cycle. Othertimes, I have no idea.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

aagh my body is doing this to me as well! so frustrating!
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/200/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback - it perked me up just a little bit

For the record, I weigh myself first thing in the morning each time, and have fluctuated between weighing myself daily, weekly, biweekly, whatever. I'm trying to be less compulsive about this whole thing and stress less so I've recently gone down to weekly. I usually measure myself at the same time 1x/week as I weigh myself and haven't seen much decrease in those numbers either. Sigh...I guess this is just part of the deal with it all.

But again, thank you. I'm still figuring out how to ask for help, even if its just a pick me up. Good luck to all!
ABarta is offline   Reply With Quote