Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:19 AM   #1  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Default I'm here for the long haul

Copy of post in over 50's thread

I’m 65 and over the years have tried them all. From Slender and Slimfast through Cambridge and last year, Shake that Weight. They did exactly what they promised: I lost buckets of weight but then put it all back on, and a bit more for luck. Since January, I’ve been on a healthy eating kick. Apart from my husband who is doing it with me, no one knows. I never again want to hear ‘Oooo you’ve put all the weight back on haven’t you?’ from ‘friends’.
Since Christmas we have both lost a stone (that’s an English 14lbs) and we are now starting on our second. When will we get there..? Don’t know. It is so liberating being kind to myself. There’s nothing wrong with bread, it’s how much you have and what you put on it that causes the problems. We both eat well, but sensibly. If we want a burger, we make one with lean minced (ground) beef, no cheese and grill rather than fry. Chips(French fries) we have if we want. We use a potato rather than frozen oven chips and cook them in the Actifry with just a teaspoon of olive oil.
It’s going to take a very long time but I mean to get to a much slimmer me. Quick fixes are great for people who like them, I just wish I had worked harder on weaning myself off them. In the end I went on them knowing I would fail. I had two sets of clothes, thin clothes and fat clothes so if that isn’t an indication of failing before I start I don’t know what is. Since the new year, I have been giving away clothes when they get too big. I really mean it this time.
I fell off the forum a while ago, and now I have got over family illnesses and have my head back in the right place I feel I need a bit of support like I had before from this friendly forum.
Good luck to everyone, no matter which diet we are on, we all have the same goal and need spport and encouragement
Old 07-16-2015, 03:27 AM   #2  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Being a bit 'creaky' I find walking somewhat painful, but since I've been on the exercise bike my leg muscles are firming up and I find I can walk a bit further each week that passes.
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Dolly! Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! It sounds like you are set up for success this time! I wish you the best!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #4  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Congrats on losing 14 pounds
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote