Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Default 4th of July without overeating

Ok so this is the second thread in a matter of 2 mins, but I feel like I needed to put it out there for the people living in the US right now. Its 4th of July. We all know that this is day symbolized independence, freedom, bravery, and so much more, but lets be real. For a lot of people, myself included, the first thing I think of when I think of the 4th of July is BBQ. Hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta salad, potato salad......over indulgence. Today I am smoking a brisket and some ribs. I don't think I'll be eating much of it. But I just wanted to know how people are handling this holiday, like most that excuses for people to eat too much and drink too much. Do you have a mantra that you start out with for days like this? Do you work like crazy for the week or couple of weeks before so that you can over indulge a bit? what's your strategy? My strategy is apparently getting sick earlier in the week and gaining a ton of weight (see my earlier thread about getting sick sucking) so now I feel awful and don't want to put anything in my mouth that is not giving me great nutrition for little calories.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I just put healthy sh!t on the grill. Fish, seafood and a (green) salad on the side. In other words, very similar to what I normally eat.

I might eat too much of it, but this stuff won't add an ounce of fat because I know what foods my body tolerates.

If you are doing the cooking, you are in the driver's seat. You can do stuff for other people too, but start with foods that work for you.

And drink never did count. At least not for me since it never affected my food choices.

Easy.

A real challenge would be if someone else were doing the cooking...

Have a great 4th everyone!

Last edited by IanG; 07-04-2015 at 06:44 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

I did do the cooking. I did smoked brisket and ribs. Im not a fan of brisket, but my bf raised by a texan and oklahomian loves it. I was only able to get 2 ribs in me. I made baked beans and corn bread. No veg really. oops....lol. I think I did okay bc I made a real meal. when its hot dogs and hamburgers, I swear I feel like I could just keep eating them. I know in reality I cannot, but in my head, I could be a contender in the nathan's hot dog eating contest. so I try to stay away from that stuff. Please anybody else share your strategies. This isn't just for the 4th of July, but fr all holidays. Holidays always seem so centered around food and so I'm curious. Thanks for Sharing your strategy IanG.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote