Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #76  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin

W 148.2
B egg on toast

My neighbor is on the FODMAP diet for IBS. Yowza! No fun at all. I wanted to make her a meal and it is so limited and everything calls for a homemade broth. So I made her a big batch of FODMAP chicken broth and will also put some of it into an asian, ginger chicken meatball soup. I got enough to make a pot for me too. I hope it's tasty.

Berry, good job hitting the 25 pound mark!

Diana, I ended up going out to Mexican last night too. I had this giant shrimp cocktail that was surprisingly sweet. I wasn't expecting that. The shrimp and avocado was awesome, though.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #77  

I would like to join, first time in this site hoping for some encouragement and accountability. I need to get my life back in order.

Starting weight: 118.4
Goal weight: 110
Goal weight by July 31: 113
Weight today: 117.9
surfangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #78  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all, just got caught up, whew!

Just a quick post for now, I need to get some yoga and a c25k workout to keep with my exercise challenge. Ate too much on the 4th, but back on plan yesterday, feeling sneezy today, not sure what's in the air.

W-177.0
B- oatmeal, cashew milk, craisins, sunflower nuts
L- spring mix, 5 bean salad, mushrooms, banana peppers, olives, BH cilantro dressing, chipotle salsa
D- rice, lentil trio and shrimp
S-banana, yogurt
E-walk at work, yoga, c25k w1d3

Hope everyone has a great day

Diana I love Mexican, it would have been a challenge, especially with a buffet, on the cookies, it made me think of that donut I put in the freezer at work about a month ago it's still in there...
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #79  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

I still have more class work to do, so I'm going to keep this short. I'm still doing pretty good on food choices and calories.

****Funny how I picture myself as I was 50 pounds ago. It isn't until I see my picture that reality hits***

Calories: 1281
Exercise: Will walk on treadmill for 1 hour as soon as I'm done here. (While I watch the Bachelorette.)
Weight: Didn't weigh in today...but, I'm sure it will be down when I decide to weigh in...my pants are a little baggy...

Last edited by minnie45; 07-06-2015 at 09:38 PM.
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #80  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hey all! I couldn't bear to weigh this morning after all the boozing I've done over the past 5 days!

I'll weigh before my shower in a few...gonna be brutal. I'm going super low carb this week to fix it.

So we went shopping Saturday, and wouldn't you know DH bought a truck! A REALLY nice one. 2013 Dodge Ram Big Horn with the Hemi engine. Crew cab (4 doors). It only has 35,000 miles on it, too. Now we both have trucks! BUT...it makes me want a new one, too. argh!

Menu so far:
B - cottage cheese
L - Mediterranean salad
S - green beans, cheese stick
D - chicken breast (cordon blue), steamed broccoli
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Berry Congrats on the 25 pounds!

Amytheartgirl Good start for the day!

Novangel Yay for being busy!

Magistra Got my fingers crossed for your next weigh in! :

CoolMom We had one of those shrimp cocktails with avocado, too. It was really good. I don't recall it being sweet though. I know your neighbor will appreciate the soup.

Surfangel Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Kelijpa Good job on the exercise. I couldn't get mine done today due to work.

Minnie Yay for the baggy pants.

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with the low carb this week.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 PM   #82  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled tuna, romaine, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, boiled egg, blue cheese and BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
I was 15 minutes into my workout (KCM's Lean Body Circuits) when the phone started ringing and people started coming in. Work was the priority. I will do that same workout tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Welcome, surfangel!

Today was a little sticky. I was really peckish around dinner time, so I kept snacking. It didn't get out of hand though and I was very active today (plus, it's vacation), so I'm not worried. Despite the snacking, I also turned down chocolate, ice cream sandwiches, and wine that my mom bought for me, so that's pretty good

B: fruit salad (300)
L: rice, tofu, veggies (900)
s: almonds,
D: cereal, banana and peanut butter (1600)
s: peanut butter crackers (1800)
s: cherries, oreos and peanut butter, pretzels and hummus (2200)

E: 20 min jog, 60 min walk, 40 min bike ride, plus swimming.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:26 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I didn't feel very well all day. I think I've picked up some bug. I didn't feel like eating much today and I had comfort food for dinner. Oh well . . .

B: scrambled eggs, raspberries, berryblossom white tea
L: Roasted chicken, havarti cheese, artichoke hearts, snap peas and a Spicey V8
D: Strawberry pancakes with maple syrup and whipped cream.

Diana Thanks! After the strawberry pancakes today, the scale might go up again tomorrow. I don't know . . .

Coolmom You are a sweetie for making broth for you neighbor and cooking it according to her diet.

kelijpa The donut in the freezer!! Ha, ha, ha! I remember that. Was that a month ago already? Poor donut, so cold, so unwanted . . .

minnie I do the same. I continue to think of myself as I looked 50 pounds ago. It's not until I stand next to one of my daughters that I realize I don't look like that anymore. lol!

Syckgirl How fun, a new truck. Always fun to get a new vehicle. Good luck with your low carbs.

sufangel Welcome and good luck with your goals.

Retro I'm impressed with your more than two hours of exercise. Nice!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #85  

Default 2 days and I'm happy

Started calorie tracking yesterday and I'm so proud to get through 2 days of dietary compliance. It has been fits and starts and I was beginning to get really depressed that I'm destined to be chubby forever.

I'm getting stressed out about a friend visiting and staying with us for 2 nights. We will probably go out to dinner. Going out and eating socially is when **** breaks loose with appetizer, yummy food and wine. Any advice to keep myself on track?
Old 07-07-2015, 05:53 AM   #86  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Surf angel you're off to a good start, whatever happens those days, plan on getting right back on your program, stuff like going out to eat happens. We have to learn to adjust.

If you can look at menus online at a few places you might go and see what are better options so you're less likely to pick something on an impulse.

I usually look for a fish or vegetarian dish and a lot of times ask for no cheese since that's what I like. Not a huge fan of croutons either... :/

Whatever happens, there's no fail, just dust off and get back on plan and learn from it. It's important to learn what your triggers are so you can deal with them, so don't get stressed out, make a plan and execute it the best you can.

175.8 this morning, breakfast and lunch packed, raining again, hope I can get an outside walk in, if not I'll finally be getting on the exercise bike again...

Have a great day everyone
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:50 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Just woke up (@ 5:25) and I am still exhausted! I feel like I was dragging all day yesterday and I'm really hoping today doesn't feel like that. CW is at 180.0 still. It's like my body is scared to go underneath that weight lol. Sorry to cut it short ladies but I gotta get ready for work! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday and if your going to work hope its a quick-day for ya!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Mobility (PM) from Jane Fonda's AM/PM Yoga for Beginners
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 174.4
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #89  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello everyone. Feeling more excited as the stall for 2 weeks broke in a big way. Down 5.3 pounds in a week (of course, this doesn't figure in the 2 pound gain I had over the previous 2 weeks of which I KNEW was water, but still, frustrating!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Surf angel you're off to a good start, whatever happens those days, plan on getting right back on your program, stuff like going out to eat happens. We have to learn to adjust.

so don't get stressed out, make a plan and execute it the best you can.
kelijpa, thank you so much for the encouragement. Hearing it from another person really gives me a ton of confidence. I feel accountable to not mess it up today.

That is my second post on this forum and reporting below:

Starting weight: 118.4 lbs
Goal weight: 110 lbs
Weight this morning: 116 lbs
Lost so far: 2.4 lbs -- probably water weight, i'm super pumped and now the real work begins

Meal yesterday:
Breakfast: Gluten-free toast + 1 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with napa cabbage, candied walnuts and cranberries with vinaigrette -- asked to withhold the cheese woohoo!
Snack: 4 oz watermelon
Dinner: 5 egg white scramble -- with 1 bacon, mushrooms, onion, ultra-sharp thin cheese