Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2015, 08:58 PM   #331  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
Salad w/mixed greens, tomatoes, mango, blue cheese, and grilled chicken w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits combined workouts w/15's
Red Mile w/Leslie I did mostly jogging
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Ahh, what a day! Feels so good to be in bed knowing all I have left on my check list is brush my teeth, relax, and sleep!
I woke up around 7, but snoozed until 7:45. Biking to work meant I had an extra half hour before I need to leave since the bus leaves at 8:25, and with my foot still hurting, I couldn't jog, so I got in an extra bit of sleep.

Today was so hot and muggy! We did a lot of moving heavy bins of canola plants at work, so I was on my feet a lot. Then it downpoured. We were all happy for the break while it rained, but of course once it stopped, we had to move dripping wet, slightly heavier, muddy bins of canola. It was a workout, though. I did some pole after dinner, which made me sweat quite a bit, so I decided to bike to the pond for a quick swim and little walk. All in all, that's almost 45 minutes of biking.
I'm hoping to finally go on a jog tomorrow morning. It's going to be HOT! I figure I'll get home from work, make a really nice dinner, then head to the pond to cool off

B: fruit, cereal (500)
L: sweet potato w/ raisins and cinnamon, almonds & cashews, cherries (1100)
D: Tempeh, veggies, rice (1700)
s: chocolate (1900)

My scale also said I was 167 this morning. That's one pound down. I'd be happy, but my scale's insane, so I have a hard time trusting it (more often than not, it says I weigh somewhere in the 180s, 240s, or "Err"). I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow or thursday after work.

Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by RetroRabbit; 07-28-2015 at 09:35 PM.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:53 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Today's Weight: 186.4

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, raspberries, peach cobbler tea
L: broccoli & kale salad from Trader Joes
D: Sushi
D: Dark chocolate

E: 15 minutes stretches, abs, arms

Today I really struggled with wanting to eat ice cream. There wasn't any ice cream in the house, but if there had been I would have eaten it. I think I wanted comfort food because I had to call and make two doctor appointments. These are just routine appointments, but having to make the appointments is a trigger for me. I get nervous at the doctor's office and my blood pressure goes up. I have had to put up with one particular melodramatic nurse practitioner who once told me I couldn't go home until my blood pressure went down. Another time she wanted to know why I was angry, but she was just projecting. A moment before I had been laughing with the other nurse. My doctor is super nice though. He says I have white coat hypertension. My BP goes up in a clinical setting. He understands me and he seems somewhat amused at the NP. I won't see the NP this week, so I should be fine.

Syckgirl Welcome back! That's great that you came back with money! I didn't know Costco had key lime muffins. Now, I'm gonna have to try one.

RetroRabbit Sounds like you did well today despite your hurting foot. My scale was doing that nutty stuff too. I bought a new one last month and I'm much happier. DH likes the new scale too.

Diana So funny about the lady at the coffee place. I'm sure you are beautiful without your makeup and because you are so practiced at using makeup you probably look beautiful with your makeup too. Your profile picture is beautiful.

Nicholsfamily Congrats on hitting your goal weight and a little extra!

Matisse How many kitties do you have? I have two, they both like to sleep with me at night. They are such a comfort. I do hope you feel better soon.

Flower I missed you! I'm so glad you are back. It's hard to give up foods that comfort us and that we are used to. I have trouble with that too. Sometimes it's a daily battle. That's really interesting about the raw beets. I love beets, but I've never had them raw. Maybe I will have to try that.

kelijpa I like really spicy things, and I have a bottle of Siracha so maybe I'll try that on my salad.

MsTibbles You are doing great with your points! mmmm McDonalds. I generally stay away from it because of the high sodium but every so often I treat myself to a Big Mac. It's my favorite.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:56 AM   #334  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
Having trouble getting going this morning, got my lunch bag packed, going to be a warm one today, so will try and walk earlier than normal.

Nichols your avatar is so pretty!

Magistra my mom has the white coat blood pressure thing also, I once had a dentist with a hygienist kind of like your NP, I dreaded her but loved him, so always had mixed feelings going there. I have a pretty good fear of the dentist since having a bad experience with my wisdom teeth, so when I find one I like I stick with them.

Hope everyone has a great day!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #335  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: De-stress & Let Go & Guided Deep Relaxation from Perfect in 10 Yoga
Nothing this morning since we have a repair guy coming to the house.

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 172.2 (TTOM)
Down: .6

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-29-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #336  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

magistra they are actually key lime mini cakes, but they are AMAZING!!! glad I don't have a whole package of them I love that I brought all my money back from Vegas but last month I won 1200 so I was hoping to do that again - so I went to Bellagio to go play at that electronic Black Jack table that I always win at, and it was GONE!!! LOL they got rid of it! Oh well...I am just as happy with the electronic craps table. It's FUN!

Another water pound gone today! 3 more and I'll be happy

B - TJs high fiber cereal / coconut milk
S - string cheese / mixed nuts
L - grilled chicken breast (1/2) w/jack cheese
D - not sure yet!
EX - hopefully taking a walk with DH, at least 4 miles.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #337  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well!

Diana that stinks about your salad having hidden dressing, that's a good idea asking for it on the side. I like the sound of your "de stress and let go"

Getting ready to head out for my walk/jog c25k thing, can't believe it's 4 weeks already.

Syckgirlsfv I love key lime, mini cakes sound like a good option. Congrats on bringing home some cash, even if it's less than last time

Best to all : sunny:

Minnie and Novangel!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #338  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hey everyone!

I'm enjoying my do nothing day.

B egg on toast, coffee with milk
L green pancakes, sour cream, bacon
D making a cucumber, tomato. Bacon salad

Flower, good to see you checking in!

Diana, my tour is in September and rides through Yellowstone for a week. A vacation just for me, and 17 strangers.

Novangel, sorry work is not going well.

Sychgirl, glad the trip was fun!

Kelijpa, that is awesome your dh is onboard with you. That always makes it easier.

Majistra, good luck with the appointments. That kinda stuff stresses me out too.

Retro, I hope the new scale is kind to you.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

I just can't seem to get my butt in gear to do ANYTHING exercise wise. I keep getting terrible sleeps and I have a stupidly energetic labrador puppy who steals all my time and just… I don't want to do anything exercise wise except run, but I stupidly upped my miles way too much last week so now I feel like I need to not walk/run more than the bare minimum of like 10-15k steps per day.

Except I was exercising throughout the month when I lost weight (I've lost 11 pounds this month) and I'm stuck around 179.6-180.2 the past few days and am scared I'll STAY STUCK because I'm not doing enough to remove the weight… and then I feel like I need to keep calories very low to compensate for lack of exercise (not VERY but like, 1200, when range is 1200-1800)… and then just like… ugh. I feel stupidly anxious over this but it's not helping me get anything done, just making me feel worse.

I also have a trip coming up where I am driving like 9 hours and I'll be doing that obviously up there and back in a week so that'll mess with weight loss… and then I have much less control over my food where I'm going… so it's all this stupid perfect storm of anxiety but not actually doing **** all about it because the only thing I want to do I can't for health reasons.
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #340  

hi all
I have to start in someplace with personals. So I will start with the post after the one I made on Tuesday

Novangel 1,000 miles? I am duly impressed, to put it mildly.

Kelijpa, glad your dh is on plan with you now. that may make it much easier. Awesome that you have a vegetable garden. I live in a condo. One of the drawbacks is no veggie garden. Only flowers permitted.

MsTibbles Awesome profile picture. I just love it. I am not sure if we have met. If not, it is very good to meet your feline loving self

Diana, I am so sorry that your friend Danny's wife had a stroke. when something happens to people we care about, it is shocking. Thanks for the welcome back. Grateful to BE back. I hope you have been doing well. your dinner really sounds great.

Retrorabbit, hope you are finding a way to stay cool. Congratulations on the new scale you plan to get.

Magistra, Thanks for saying you missed me. I honestly missed your wonderful self as well. I missed so many here. Thought about you all often. Sorry about that NP. I wish you could always schedule so you will not have to interact personally with her. I know about the white coat hypertension. I too have that. AND I have great anxiety around going to the doctor at all. Even though she is awesome.
I am glad there was no ice cream in your home. so you could not give in to the craving. Someone who works with energy medicine recommends putting the hand on the heart chakra area and breathing when these cravings come up. Perhaps that works for some people. idk.

Syck, Awesome Re: the win in vegas. Perhaps you should call the Belaggio and register a complaint about that electronic BlackJack table. Although maybe you were not the only one who always had such luck with it. Thus the removal.

Coolmom, thank you for the words. The time for your tour is getting near. That is very exciting. What a powerful thing to do !

Nichols, beautiful picture. Contrats on the loss. You look great

Matisse, sorry you have been ill. How many cats do you have? Cats can be so awesome. Great that you are a teacher. I hope the new 3 day week schedule easily works out.

Fatlady, good to meet you. Congratulations on your big monthly weight loss. Thats awesome. I understand only too well the anxiety of the whole loss thing. For me it can get downright exhausting. How old is your lab pup?

Today I felt a bit better. Gallbladder was not acting up so much. I have been treating it very well with supplements. raw beets and fat free eating (except for the cocoa powder). Weight stayed the same today. I am hoping tomorrow will bring good news from the scale. So this gallbladder situation will have an up side to it. I am finding it challenging to not eat the foods i was eating prior to Sunday. But it is a great thing even though the cravings are there. I have made it through much worse re: restrictive diet. And I am hoping there will be a reset here. Although I am not doing low carb which I normally will do on diet days. Its peach season. And the fuzzy juicy peaches are at the Co-op. I have been buying these peaches at the co-op for 25 years. Today I got some rooibus tea that has dried orange and lemon peels in it. So perhaps that can take the place of the cocoa. I do love iced rooibus tea.
Today i ate
B cocoa 100 calories
3 awesome Pennsylvania peaches. 130
L chicken sausage and salad 320
Snack frozen lemon protein stuff 50
Dinner Chicken and salad 260
Snack will be more cocoa and lemon stuff 130
I had a sample of granola at the co-op today 50
Total for the day 1040
Exercise as always was nil

Sending good thoughts for an awesome Thursday. I hope its a good one for everyone. thought for the day: I think that weight loss is the only loss I celebrate

Last edited by flower123; 07-29-2015 at 08:32 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Flower- when you mentioned raw beets and cocoa powder, I remembered an awesome recipe for a chocolate beet smoothie! It's pretty simple, just blend a couple raw beets with a scoop of cocoa powder, some sweetener, and some type of milk (I usually would use vanilla almond milk for the vanilla), maybe throw in some greens and/or cherries- yum!

Today was tiring and hot. We had to move tons of bins of canola at work today and my feet are so tired! All of that work plus around 45 minutes of biking, a 3 minute plank, a bit of swimming at the pond after dinner, and some cleaning makes today a really productive day and a really exhausting one. I'm going to try to clean up my room a bit more before bed, but I'll see how far I get.

B: banana-strawberry-kale smoothie, almonds, hard boiled egg (400)
L: rice, tempeh, and veggies; cherries and strawberries (1000)
D: spaghetti w/ zucchini noodles, sauteed veggies, and olive pesto (1600)
s: chocolate, pineapple (1900)

I also bought the new scale today and weighed in at 166 on the dot! I'm so happy! I also got my period today (2 1/2 weeks late, so relieved!), so I might be retaining some water too
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

flower123: Thank you! Glad to hear your gallbladder isn't acting up today. I might have missed it but if you have gallbladder issues why I haven't they removed it?

ladyfat: I hope you can get your energy up somehow! I know that I have harder days where I don't feel like doing anything and I either justify the situation by telling myself I have got enough exercise in for the week or I push myself hard to make it through ANY workout I can ..even if it's just a small one! Usually I feel alot better once I get the workout in though!

CoolMom75: What's a do nothing day? I really need one of those! I hope you enjoy it!!

kelijpa: Thank you! Hope you got your walk in today! It's miserable here too! I love walking on my lunch breaks but haven't gotten the chance because its' been in the 90s with 107 degree feel-like outside! :/

magistra17: Icecream is a BIG problem for me! If it's in the house I WILL eat it. If it isn't anymore most likey I have already ate it or haven't been to the store yet! I try to treat myself and I do pretty well staying within my calories and still being able to eat it! LOL.

Hey Diana3271 and RetroRabbit!!

WOW! It has been a long day! And I feel like it took me forever to type the personals out because I feel sluggish!! I almost think it's something in the air because everyone I have heard from or talked to is feelign the exact same way...can't get motivated...super tired...just drained! It might be the heat! Who knows! Anyways...weight didn't move today but no surprise it has been pretty good to me lately! TOM is almost over ..which I am excited because my stomach has been soo bloated and I can't tell ANY difference in my "inches" lost because of being so bloated!

OAN: Who all is getting ready for back to school?!! I have 2/3 kiddos in school and I got their school supplies and backpacks already! All that's left is shoes! There wardrobe is pretty good right now and both have brand new first day outfits!

Hope everyone has a great AND relaxing night! Hopefully tomorrow we all won't have to push so much to get up and get going!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:46 PM   #343  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Retrorabbit Congrats on the pound! I hope your foot feels better so you can get the jog in. ETA: I see that you got in other exercise. Good for you.

Magistra Thank you for your sweet comment. I hear you on having certain things in the house. It would be a daily fight especially when feeling stressed.

kelijpa Good luck with your workout. I wish it was as easy as the title says on the yoga DVD.

Syckgirlsfv My Mom had certain machines that she liked and she won with. She was good at that stuff, too.

CoolMom Yellowstone sounds nice!

Ladyfat Take a deep breath. Can you take the puppy for a walk? You both will get some exercise and that will help calm the puppy down.

Flower Sounds like you have a plan and you are working on things. Sometimes I think it's easier to walk a straight line if we know we have to do it for a particular reason. Can you drink that tea heated in the Winter? I know you like warm beverages then.

Nicholsfamily I also think it's the heat. We have have indexes of 100+ for a while now.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-29-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #344  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/romaine, grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, blue cheese & BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ
Purple Mile w/Leslie

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-29-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #345  
Warrior Princess

Thanks Flower, I wish I looked like I ran 1,000 miles. :/

Where's Ian? Me thinks he found a GF.

I think tomorrow is salmon and spinach. I need to stop with the carbs but it's so hard!!!!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote