Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 304/253/150

Height: 5'9"

Lots of good advice here. I just wanted to add that after a while the exercise you do today will start to pay off tomorrow in stamina, strength, and energy. You will find after a few short weeks that you have more endurance to exercise and a ton more energy. The more you exercise the more energy you will gain.

Like others have said, take baby steps and work towards small goals. Once you reach a goal, set another one, and so on.

When I first started exercising I could barely walk two blocks. My back would hurt and feel like I couldn't hold myself upright. I would be sweating profusely, out of breath, and my heart would be racing. But when I finished I realized I had walked for 10 minutes. So next day I told myself I have the strength to walk ten minutes and if thats all I can do fine. But when 10 minutes was up I found I could walk another five. By the end of the month I was walking for 30 minutes a day with only 1 rest stop. Plus my heartbeat would return to normal much faster and my breathing was normal and not labored. I was really proud of myself. By setting small goals I was able to accomplish what I originally wanted to do. I just did it in small steps.
applevalleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206lbs/195lbs/155lbs

Height: 5'11

Yeah, i get where your coming from.. When i first climbed onto that monster called the elliptical at my gym, i just about died pushing through 20mins.. It does get easier.. My best advice... Music.. Get yourself some wireless bluetooth headphones, create a playlist that'll keep your head in the game.. For me i have this kicking 90s alternative playlist, just makes it bearable, but just remember despite how much it hurts, and is exhausting, it shouldn't be easy. Your doing it right if your winded, otherwise what would be the point...?
fit_tiff83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #18  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Dina21 hope you don't give up on the recumbant bike. I have one, we got it in place of the treadmill we had that was acting up. Ours has a little ledge I can put my tablet on, sometimes I read on the kindle app, sometimes I play puzzle games, something easy to see like candy crush, I listen to podcasts also, the one mentioned in an earlier post is Serial, it was good, anything to occupy your mind for a bit.

If you do a manual program you can set the resistance to a level that you can go longer and get your legs used to pedaling, you're using different muscles than for walking or jogging. Hope you keep at it!

Best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

You've gotten some great advice here! Going from nothing to an hour is way too fast.

Set small, realistic goals. When I started walking in March, I had a goal of 15 minutes a day 4 days a week. Now I'm up to 45-60 minutes a day 6 days a week.

Also, try breaking up your exercise throughout the day.Maybe just 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening for your first week. I rarely walk all of my minutes in one session. I'll take a 15 minute walk in the morning, another 15 minute walk in the mid-afternoon, and then a longer walk in the evenings after dinner.
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote