Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/210/135

Height: 5ft 4in

Default It started 6 weeks ago

My journey to a healthier me started 6 weeks ago.

My 3rd time on this trip and I so hope it's my last one. In my late 20's I weighed 225lbs and got all the way down to 140. I gained it back and when I turned 32, I lost weight again from 225 down to 165. Then I got pregnant and 3 babies later, I'm up there again. I started watching what I was eating and counting calories 6 weeks ago, a week later I hit the treadmill and slowly I've built up to doing 3.5-4 miles in and hour nearly every morning. I take one day off a week.

In 6 weeks I've lost 8lbs. This last week I stuck to 1200 calories, worked out every day, and gained 3lbs. I'm so frustrated with my weight loss! It was never this slow, or this hard before and I never had to work so hard to do it either!

I feel like I'm broken and I feel like I just want to throw in the towel.

I've been clean eating too. So in these last 6 weeks I've had no alcohol, no bread, no cheese, no milk, etc etc.. I mostly eat chicken or hard boiled eggs and occasionally have fish, or beef, lots of veggies, and some fruit.

I honestly can not think of anything else I could do to boost my weight loss.

I made a Dr. appointment to have the complete health work up tomorrow to see if that gives me any clues as to why I can barely lose weight and why oh why did I put on 3 whole pounds in one week!?

On a brighter note, I finished my first 10K in 1 hour and 51 minutes last weekend and I do feel stronger and my stamina is up. So, I guess the miserable treadmill has done something good. LOL
CorrinaLynnRicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrinaLynnRicke View Post
My journey to a healthier me started 6 weeks ago.

My 3rd time on this trip and I so hope it's my last one. In my late 20's I weighed 225lbs and got all the way down to 140. I gained it back and when I turned 32, I lost weight again from 225 down to 165. Then I got pregnant and 3 babies later, I'm up there again. I started watching what I was eating and counting calories 6 weeks ago, a week later I hit the treadmill and slowly I've built up to doing 3.5-4 miles in and hour nearly every morning. I take one day off a week.

In 6 weeks I've lost 8lbs. This last week I stuck to 1200 calories, worked out every day, and gained 3lbs. I'm so frustrated with my weight loss! It was never this slow, or this hard before and I never had to work so hard to do it either!

I feel like I'm broken and I feel like I just want to throw in the towel.

I've been clean eating too. So in these last 6 weeks I've had no alcohol, no bread, no cheese, no milk, etc etc.. I mostly eat chicken or hard boiled eggs and occasionally have fish, or beef, lots of veggies, and some fruit.

I honestly can not think of anything else I could do to boost my weight loss.

I made a Dr. appointment to have the complete health work up tomorrow to see if that gives me any clues as to why I can barely lose weight and why oh why did I put on 3 whole pounds in one week!?

On a brighter note, I finished my first 10K in 1 hour and 51 minutes last weekend and I do feel stronger and my stamina is up. So, I guess the miserable treadmill has done something good. LOL
3 lbs of water most assuredly.

Two things, One, you are over 30 now so the weight loss fairy is not so generous as she was in your 20s. Two, you may be under eating for your level of activity which would cause the body to put a screeching halt on letting go of any fat that you don't pry from it's ninja grip.

The doctor is a good idea too just to be sure.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #3  

One pound a week is a nice healthy weight loss. Giving up because your program is going to take longer than you thought is just silly. Just keep to your plan.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

8 lbs in 6 weeks is wonderful! That's over 2 lbs per week! You should be patting yourself on the back, not beating yourself up. You're doing wonderfully! Do you have the free myfitnesspal app on your phone or computer? If not, you should look into it. It will tell you if you are eating too few calories for the amount of exercise you are doing (which can stall your metabolism as your body stubbornly fights to keep you from "starving"). Also make sure you are drinking enough water for how much exercise you're doing. If your body thinks you don't have enough, it will hold onto it. You have to drink water to lose water. Whatever you do, don't give up! Then where will you be? It's not just about your weight; it's about your health. Good luck! Hang in there!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-18-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

What you are eating seems to be very low fat. You need healthy fats to lose weight
patns is offline   Reply With Quote