Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #301  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
I want to be under 150 and I keep bouncing around at 151-154...at least back to 152 by Vegas. I'm still holding a bit of water and weighing in this morning at 156 that's 2 pounds of water, and 2 regular pounds to lose! TOM is threatening to show up and it's throwing me off
I feel your pain, Syck. My body wants to be 150's in the worst way and every day is a fight to keep it in the 140's. I made it to 138p in spring of 2013 and since then it's been slowly creeping back up. I'm now around 145ish. :/
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good on plan day today. : I wanted to do yard work today but it was very hot and very humid. 95 degrees in the shade. I thought to myself should a 70 year old heart patient go out in that level of heat and humidity and work? I chose reason and stayed inside which was the best choice. Usually I throw caution to the wind and push myself way too much.

5/21/2015 Total: 11g Carbs, 104g Fat, 98g Protein

Daily Goal: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:34 PM   #303  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I wasn't able to get a workout in today. I was trying to finish up everything before our trip and ran out of time. Also, tonight I had one of those more intense angioedema flare ups. I took the relaxer for the stomach pain. It's starting to feel a little better. Hopefully it will completely calm down so I can get some rest tonight. If you would, please keep my DH in your thoughts and prayers for his endoscopy tomorrow. I will post when we get back from his appointment. I don't think I will be able to pack for our trip tonight since I've had this flare up. I will have to do all of that tomorrow.

CatRN78 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

CoolMom Holding your DH in prayer. I hope everything is OK with him.

FairyGaia I have a bad history of weight gain. I was up to 400 pounds at one time. I can gain a lot of weight very quickly. It's best for me to keep an eye on things. It is frustrating at times but I have adjusted to it, the best I can. It was really hard when I first started having the angioedema flare ups because I can gain 3 pounds overnight for no apparent reason. Now I know what it is.

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/grilled salmon w/BHF ranch dressing 700 calories

Exercise:
None

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stay safe.

Enjoy your evening and rest well.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #304  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I wasn't able to get a workout in today. I was trying to finish up everything before our trip and ran out of time. Also, tonight I had one of those more intense angioedema flare ups. I took the relaxer for the stomach pain. It's starting to feel a little better. Hopefully it will completely calm down so I can get some rest tonight. If you would, please keep my DH in your thoughts and prayers for his endoscopy tomorrow. I will post when we get back from his appointment. I don't think I will be able to pack for our trip tonight since I've had this flare up. I will have to do all of that tomorrow.
Good luck to your husband tomorrow and have a good weekend trip Diana.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #305  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

novangel I know right?!?! it's almost like we forget what it was we were doing to get down to the low and then it's super hard to actually start doing those things again even once we figure out what they were!

I did ride tonight - burned 600+ calories riding 11 miles in the cloudy/sunny not warm weather! It's been in the low 70s all week...cold for me!

my shoulder is being crazy lately. Certain angles kind of hurt it over the past few months, but today the motion of pulling up pants (TMI sorry) sends blinding pain up through the inside front of my shoulder and just about sends me through the roof! I even made a doctor's appt. for next week. There goes any kind of weight lifting that affects my shoulder for a while. WHATEVER. boo.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 05-22-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #306  

Hi All. Happy Friday!!!
I am going back to page 19 to write personals. So my comments may be history. But they will be heartfelt

Rachel, congrats on the loss. Awesome ! And I guess, congratulations on your phone falling Or congratulations on that loose waistband. Way to go !!

FairyGaia So inspiring that you are able to do the Jon Gabrial method of eating. I think he has something in what he recommends. Being totally present and mindful when eating. Simple really. Even closing the eyes. So that other sensory input is blocked. In Vermont we do not have temporary inspection stickers. BUT I found a used side mirror. It hopefully will be successfully installed next wednesday. Not sure how good this new guy is. His name is Nick. If he gets it right, I will call him St Nick. Just for the day Watsu is water shiatsu. Great for the joints. It is done with the assitance of a practitioner. Congratulations on all that you have been doing. Sounds like a lot.

Made To Thrive I know you will get back on track and lose that water weight. You were very kind to help the family to move ! I know you have a good heart. I can feel it !

CoolMom, after reading your last post, I erased all the silly stuff I had written to you. I am sorry DH is having this going on. It must be so difficult. I have heard of a couple of things that have helped some people who have seizures. Hopefully he can get the right medications to stop them. Sending prayers and light for you both.

Ian glad you are enjoying Boston. I spent many decades living there. It can be a fun place

Kelijpa, I hope you have a great time at the music festival.. The federal government is changing things for licenses. So it will not be as easy in the future. The good news is that a form 1099 can be used instead of a ss card. There is a kind of license that people can get where they cannot use it for much. Except to drive. Its all about the homeland security stuff. The birth certificate and SS card or form 1099 are for a Real ID license. Or an enhanced license.

Diana, Last page first. I am sorry you are having an angioedema flare up. I will send some healing light and prayer in hope that it by some miracle can help in clearing it up. I am sending prayer that your husbands procedure goes really well tomorrow. Putting lots of light around him and those assisting him tomorrow. okay, now previous pages Congrats on the weight loss. Do you take sublingual melatonin? I have been doing that. The channeled guide suggested I do it. And to be honest, it was what my instincts were telling me. I do not know if it would help you at all. But thought I would mention it for sleep. FUNNY story about the car mirror. I wish I had a DH who can put on car mirrors. I have to rely on some guy named Nick. He charges 75 per hour and then the usual markup on the used mirror he got. Also, he thought he had to take off the car door to replace the mirror. I said he didn't have to do that. mirror will be replaced next Wednesday. I had no idea how much I rely on that thing. Now its just one cracked mess :rotfl: Re: the worrying, I am a master at it. OMG I am. I think I need to start listening to Belleruth. There, done with all responses to your posts. I need to keep up with personals better

Larry, what awesome news about the Dr apt. You have worked so hard for this. Congratulations. Your absolute diligence is paying off !!!!!

Syckgirl, your dinner on Wednesday sounds AWESOME. I understand the incentive of wanting to lose for vegas. If for no other reason then to be able to eat guilt free Added in after I read your last post: I hope your shoulder feels better soon. I know how horrible that kind of pain can be.

Novagirl you wrote you are almost done running 1,000 miles? Seriously? That is remarkable.

CatRN78 water aerobics sounds perfect. So glad you were able to find it. I guess fatty liver is a good incentive to stay diligent with losing. Sometimes it takes a dx like that to get going. Then the results are great. <3

Hi berryblondeboys good to see you here

So nick the car guy replaced the struts. There are a couple of bolts that do not fit right. He had to order then from the honda place. Could not get them put in by the time I needed the car at the end of the day. Told me the car will be fine until next wednesday when he puts in the correct bolt and replaces the mirror. I just hope he knows what he is doing with the mirror. He seems like a really good guy. And the place he works for is good. Just not like my old honda place where they treat people SO well. And charge them A LOT.

The car drove really well today. Whew. My old anxiety was on full tilt yesterday. I was a wreck at the DMV. Terrified that they would do an eye test and I would flunk and they would make me go get eyeglasses. But no. I was fine. Still I was an absolute mess when I was there. They were awesome. And I was beyond grateful. I am sure they never get someone who gushes about how good they are It was my way of getting through it. But it worked well. And they appreciated all the compliments. My eyes really are fine for driving. I know that. Still I worried. AND I had all the documentation I needed. Dumb anxiety. I did a lot of eating after I left there. Partly to celebrate. But mostly to try to calm those wacky nerves. Gained weight.

Today was not any better in the food dept. I need to make a new goal. back down to where I was when I went to Boston. Lose 3.8 lbs by June 1st. And maintain it through June 7th. Then I can eat on the 8th. I want to be able to eat anything I want guilt free on my birthday. So 3.8 lbs by June 1. I can do it, as long as I am not stress eating. The Jon Gabrial thing sounds tempting though. A discipline I am in great need of. I need an ommm transplant. And need to extract the monkey from my mind

Last edited by flower123; 05-22-2015 at 12:36 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:49 AM   #307  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I didn't make my goal, but I originally thought Memorial weekend was next weekend. I did get closer to it, though. My weight is 171.6 this morning. No change. I will get back to that goal when I get back home. If TTOM and the angioedema flare up didn't happen, I might have made that goal. Last night was really rough. Between the angioedema stomach pain and the TTOM cramping, it was miserable. I didn't want to take any Advil last night since I had already taken the stomach relaxer. As soon as I get some food in me this morning I will be taking some Advil. Believe me!

Berry I have thought about you so many times. How are you doing? Maybe you have posted elsewhere. I'll need to take a look. Good to see you.

Flower Thank you for the support. I am listening to Belleruth right now. Something funny. She says in the into that you should probably listen once or twice a day for a couple of weeks and then taper down as needed. Ha! I must be the most hard headed person on the planet. I do think it's working, though. I think it just takes me more time. Ha! Maybe there's more "brains" in there than I know that needs to be brainwashed.

Thank you for all the support all the way around. I truly appreciate everyone here.

I will try to post when we get back today. Have a great day and weekend.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-22-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #308  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm doing OK now, but this fall and winter were rough. While life was GREAT and so, so many ways - love my new job and it's going WONDERFULLY and I feel so successful there, at home I couldn't keep up and my head wasn't in a good place. SAD really messes with me in self care the most - nearly yearly. I should probably go on an antidrepressant this fall/winter to see if it makes it better as man, I reallllly don't care in those months about my eating and exercise. Like REALLY don't care. I just want to eat what I like to eat and what tastes yummy and don't care about calories and the unhealth of it.

My husband has said nothing, but I can see how he feels about it and is worried about it. And it's not just that he hates the weight. He hates what that MEANS about my mental state.

So, I start (again).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 283/268/180

Height: 5ft 6.5 inches

Hi everyone,

Im new here and relatively new to the weight loss journey. I started 10 weeks ago and I am now down 15 pounds (85 to go). Beginning to get frustrated because Im not seeing any changes really and I swear my stomach is getting bigger. Would love some general advice about dieting and exercise. Im open to any and everything!

XoXo
Mass

Last edited by Mass868; 05-22-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Mass868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Mass, WElcome! What type of weight loss plan are you on? We might be able to help if we know how you're approaching weight loss.

Coolmom, So sorry about your husband - hope he gets better quickly!

I reached a new low today!!! 240.8, for a 1.2 pound WOOSH! The trick is keeping that off over a 3-day holiday weekend. I'm not as good as logging my foods and getting my exercise in on weekends, so I will really try to stick to plan. I think it's the lack of schedule on weekends that keeps me from doing well.

Last edited by rachel2writer; 05-22-2015 at 10:16 AM.
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #311  

Hi all personals later. Except to say....
Welcome Mass868. Glad to meet you

So why am I here so early posting? To say I gained .2 lb. I would be dismayed and outraged with my scale. But there were those popchips ....
and Belgian chocolate callets yesterday. As well as the powdered milk ( to make the lovely chocolate whipped milkshakes. So I will not be blaming my innocent scale. Or at least, not this time

Rachel. Congratulations on the new low. Neat to go

Diana sending good thoughts to DH and you

Coolmom thinking of you and DH

Berry here's to starting again !

Okay, I guess I did personals, even though I said I would do them later. I must be feeling more comfortable using the iPad. Sending good thoughts to all today.

Last edited by flower123; 05-22-2015 at 05:09 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #312  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Thanks for the nice comments! Hubby's med dose was increased and he has to follow up with the neuro if his hand tingling/pains does not resolve after today. So far he still has it.

Diana, good wishes for your DH's scope today.

Rachel, nice job on the new low!

Welcome, Mass!

Berryblonde, welcome back to 3FC! Good luck with getting back on plan. I understand completely with the DH thing. My hubby is also really nice about it but I can tell how sad he gets each time I would balloon up. It's so hard to get out of that undercurrent pulling me down and keeping me down.

W 150 (up). it's funny, I first got 149.something but couldn't remember the something so got back on and it jumped to 150. oh well.
B egg on toast
L leftover taco salad without the chips
D. not sure. Still need to roast the veg. sigh.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #313  
Trying to live below 200

DH did great. Everything is healing nicely. I will post more later. Heading to the beach. Have a great weekend. Stay safe.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Great day- cool, sunny- so My son & I just got back from a walk thru the herb gardens in the park. Gone long enough to get back on line Perfect day plan wise yesterday also. Been craving more protein for some reason. Read up on it online -very interesting.

Larry: I can't see your avatar pic that well- for some reason I thought you where a young man- so- well- you are young at heart- but no sane southerner works out in the humidity if they can help it LOL!

Sychgrilsfv: You wear me out just eading all you do.

Diana: Ahh! Beach laying- I am green, yes I am. Happy to hear about your DH.

Flower: I love your goal. Great about the car. My DH is gone right now to get us a new tail light. Watsu sound perfect if I had somewhere to use a pool. I'm saving up for a club membership - should have enough come sept. or Oct. It will be my reward for staying on my plan a full year. I once swam on a team, grew up on water- a real water baby. When my parents passed I lost swimming access-just the rare trip where some relative has a pool. I just hope the cost didn't go up when the only club around here added on a building.

New dog barking up a fit- gotta check it out- see Y'all later
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 31

It is a Great day today!!

My scale allowed me another 2 pound loss. : :

That makes 23 pounds in 31 days.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote