Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #76  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Interesting posts, Rachel your lunch sounds awesome, bratwurst, sauerkraut, roasted broccoli...yum

B-oatmeal, cashew milk, sunflower nuts, craisins
L-spring mix, olives, mushrooms, cilantro, 5bean salad, Bolthouse salsa ranch
D- chicken leg/thigh, green beans, potatoes
S- yogurt, oatmeal cookie, zucchini bread, Irish cream, banana
E-off, in-laws came for a visit

Hope everyone has a great night.
Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I am exhausted! We just got home. I had to help DH in the shop today. He had a truck that was fighting him. All of the information on the truck said that it was one year but that didn't match up to the main drive belt configuration. I had to get into our diagnostics and found out that the configuration was different for this truck, a year newer or older. I forgot. Anyways, a lot going on today and I am tired.

My thyroid situation seems a little more sensitive than most people, for some reason. When I stopped eating all cruciferious vegetables, my numbers started improving. Originally the Dr. said that I could eat them cooked. So I did and things ended up out of range. I thought it was from all of the stress I was going through but everything started improving when I eliminated the cruciferious vegetables. I only ate them cooked, so I guess I'm more sensitive. Leave it to me to be "special". I have not eliminated gluten. I only have what I eat at breakfast, English muffin, and bread for my sandwich at lunch. I can look to see if I can find something that's gluten free, low in calorie and still has some decent nutritionals.

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Large salad consisting of: romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, grilled chicken, avocado, BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Plateau Buster Split Rounds w/12's
LS 1 Mile Jog

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-05-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I'm gone one day and Ian drops 10.

Diana - crucif. vege....can you still eat spinach and kale for good vities?

Kelijpa - "as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods" I'm definitely dialing that in.

CoolMom - here's to tweaking and tweaking and tweaking.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #79  
Warrior Princess

B:
Coffee with half & half and tsp of sugar
Yogurt with blueberries and granola

L:
1 can of V8

S:
Beef jerky stick

D:
8-10oz filet of baked salmon with lemon pepper
Sauteed spinach with EVOO and garlic

Exercise: Ran 5k
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

B: whole wheat bagel, butter, raspberries, coffee w/cream
L: big green salad with cooked chicken
S: Zen bakery carrot muffin, half a bag of snap peas
D: homemade hamburgers on a whole wheat bun, bread and butter pickles, ketchup and mustard, Berryblossom White Tea

Exercise: 40 minutes ballet bar work and a little floor work, just the easy stuff, but I did work up a sweat. (I did my own workout, but I really like Kathryn Morgan's ballet workouts on youtube, and I plan to try out some of her easy ones.)

Diana Sorry to hear about the "seasoning" at the restaurant. I hope it was tasty at least.

Syckgirlsfv Congratulations on the biology midterm. Yes, I am in L.A. I am in the West Valley near the Santa Susanna mountains. My youngest wanted to go walking in the woods yesterday, so we did, and freaked out at the wildlife. But it was fun. I hope to do more of this. I do like to go hiking, and we have some pretty places around here.

Fairy I do love a good storm. It sounds like you had a lovely morning.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:14 AM   #81  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Down 1 to 175.2, yesterday's dinner didn't throw me off, plus I expected a little more of a loss yesterday, so it worked out ok.

Breakfast and lunch packed, same ole, except I added a tsp of balsamic vinegar to lunch to wilt the greens a bit. I think we're having shrimp tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Waving Hi all around
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #82  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

Another gain. I think it has more to do with the angioedema than food/salt related. It is what it is. It will just have to pass. I am going to adjust my antihistamines so I'm taking them in the AM vs. at night like I have been doing. I've been thinking about doing this for a while. Not sure that it will make a difference, since I have switched things around in the past. I noticed yesterday that I wasn't using the bathroom as much as I was drinking (water). My mouth is also flaring up.

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 174.6
Up: .6

Total gain from the angioedema is 1.4 pounds.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-06-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Nova, that dinner sounds awesome! Only 2 of the 4 in my family like salmon, so I don't buy it often.

Diana, it's sounds like you're dealing with lots of medical issues. Hugs! I can relate. I've dealt with a number of autoimmune issues and food intolerances. It can be frustrating to experiment and try to figure out exactly what's going on.
There is lots of interesting research about gluten and thyroid conditions. Google Gluten Thyroid connection if you're interested in why.

May 1 start - 245
W-243.6 tiny drop down from yesterday
B- coffee with coconut oil and cashew milk; 2 strips of bacon; banana
L- bratwurst, sauerkraut, roasted broccoli (leftovers again!)
D- I put chicken breasts in a marinade of lime juice, dijon, olive oil, garlic, and honey this morning. I'll grill those up tonight with some rice and salad.
S- grapefruit, boiled eggs
E- 30 minute walk at lunch; 30 minutes after dinner
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #84  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 0.2lbs to 173.6lbs today.

For breakfast, I had sardines, anchovies and scallops.

For lunch I will have smoked oysters and salad.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and will run 4 miles before lunch.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:52 AM   #85  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Trying to get back in the swing of things. I ended April on an upswing (too many carbs the last week April/1st few days of May due to my schedule and laziness, lack of planning and a little bit of just not caring). The next few weeks are going to be crazy busy, but I plan on staying more focused. Started a 3-day (modified) egg fast today which should help me drop some of this carb/water weight I've picked up. I did the same thing a few weeks back and was able to drop past a "stuck" point. Too bad I went crazy the last 5 days of April and the 1st few days of May and ruined it . I was 224 on April 23rd and 229 today. Ugh!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy on a bed of fresh spinach with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Snack: Apple with 1 ounce of cheddar cheese
Lunch: 2 hard-boiled eggs on a lettuce salad with Ranch dressing
Snack: 1 hard-boiled egg with 1 ounce of cheddar cheese
Dinner: Not sure yet.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll try to check back later for personals.

Last edited by MadeToThrive; 05-06-2015 at 11:24 AM.
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #86  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

W 152.4 (down .2)
B quail egg, guac, smoked salmon and broccoli slaw on toast
L veg and chicken sausage
D chicken noodle soup

Have a great day, everyone!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #87  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!!! down another .6...almost back to pre-water gain and then need to drop 3 to be 150!

magistra - ah, Santa Clarita area...my son lives in Canyon Country so I've been out there quite a lot. I'm on the edge of Glendale - I can walk across the street and I'm in Burbank

Did not ride bikes last night as DH preferred to walk in this grey and ugly weather, but I told him tonight I'm riding 11 miles by myself if he doesn't go! We walked 3 miles, and I didn't have dinner, just snacked on sweet potato skinny sticks and Boom Chicka Pop. 2 shots of tequila for Cinco de Drinko

B - trader joes high fiber cereal/coconut milk
S - fuji apple
L - 2 chicken chipotle flautas (costco)
D - unsure. Will assess the situation later - we have so much food right now!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

So tired already! A long day-too much to get into- But didn't eat over it- was tempted to use TV during lunch- but didn't. Yesterday was good day- Did my yoga outside in my fairy garden for first time. Why didn't I think of this before? Got 7 bottles water in- perfect on food- no TV eating. A good day all around.

Personals next- drat that net service!
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Personals:
Diana: The only gluten I get is from Ezekiel 4: by Food for life that is sprouted whole grain bread and Rudi's multigrain oat bread that is sugar free. Udi's makes the best gluten free bread- Also I have sugar free- gluten free recipes on my blog you might like. If you use Almond flour that is very healthy. Have you ever thought of going low GI or GI load? esp GI Load. It's not the bread- but what you have with it- need to combine high proteins when having carbs.

Kelipa: I'm glad your dinner didn't throw you off. All that exercise-tired just reading it.

rachel2writer-I see you have a blog-will check that out next. I just love blogging-it has helped me so much.

Madeto thrive-I'm sorry about your gain- but sounds like your getting back on track. I love your " name"- Yes we are all made to Thrive. I spent decades just "surviving" in an abusive, alcoholic situation , got so used to being proud of being a "survivor" until a friend asked wouldn't I rather be a Thriver? Yes I would and now I am and so are you!.

Cool mom-- syckgirl- everyone else - Congrats on following plans so well.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #90  

Hi all
Kelijpa, glad the gravel moving adventure is over. And you survived it. Glad all the activity mitigated some weight gain. This weight loss dearth seems like an epidemic

Larry, you sure are doing amazingly well at keeping to the low cal, low carb eating routine. You are so diligent and dedicated !!

Made To Thrive, I like your avatar "just keep swimming" Indeed. The modified egg diet sounds really good. I bet it will work well for you.

Diana, I really support you in staying healthy even if it means not lowering your caloric intake. Health first. Wise woman. However I am sorry that the weight loss is so difficult now. I DO understand.

Novangel, your menu for yesterday sounds really nice. Especially the lipitor

Magistra I really like what you thought of the coyote. That he must be hungry. So much better to see that than to focus on fear. Sounds lovely, a 20 minute walk in the woods.

Diana, re: what you wrote to novangel. I do not know if it is the same for all people, but I was told by 2 people that cooked cabbage will be fine. Just not any other members of the cruciferous family. eg no brussel sprouts or broccoli. But yes to cooked green cabbage.

Rachel, congrats on the 1 lb weight loss. yay. I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. Although sorry DH now is ill.

CoolMom, sorry you had to have a tree removed. I hope you get to plant some very pretty ground cover. Perhaps some that blooms purple or blue. I like those colors best

Syckgirl yay on the small water weight gain, rather than the normal 4 lbs. And double yay on the 2 tests. Sounds like you do really well in school.

FairyGaia I am sorry to read about your sister. My brother left last year. You have a fairy garden? Oh that does sound lovely. I have fairies in my garden. But I do not think it is very fairy like. Well, I live in a condo.So.....

Ian, sorry about the gain. Smoked fish makes me retain water too. But it sure tastes good. I will be having some on Sunday.

Today's calories 1010
Weight loss .6 lb
Last night I was able to get some good cat napping so today I do feel better. I have been staying vigilant about the food intake. Because I want to eat when I visit my relatives. Also I want the clothing to look right. I may not reach goal. But I am pleased with what I am seeing. I still am 2 lbs above my goal for Saturday morning. So that's pretty darned good considering.

So I found out why sleep is a rare commodity for me recently. Same reason as why I am gaining. All part of something that has to do with the body meridian clock getting off balance. Throwing meridian points off. Not quick to correct. Have to do meridian tracing or meridian tapping. Every 2 hours. Apparently it corrects over time if I will do that every couple of hours during day and night except when I sleep. But it is not a quick fix. It takes a while doing it every day. Should be interesting saying to my none too kind and gentle mother, "excuse me while i trace my meridians"

Last edited by flower123; 05-06-2015 at 09:24 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote