Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #31  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

Hi everyone, super quick check in for the day.... weekends are my crazy works days and I've got the on/off boy here at the mo making it even more hectic, but didn't want to not check in for the accountability

Day went to plan on the food front and the AC was on the blink at work so I have sweat a ton too.... now trying to get some water in me before bed as I feel dehydrated and really want to hold on to today's whoosh!

Have a great weekend all, I'll be posting properly on the week days
stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Good Morning!! Feeling Pink Today.

I'll post personal's next but this year I've been learning to put myself first, A hard thing for me-the care giver for so many. Did my Yoga yesterday, interesting new moves. ( BTW-all done from a chair ) Only about an hour in the garden' till the yellow jackets ran me off. Food: Perfect. I'm glad I just read what Ian says about hunger- now I know I'm in the right place food wise. 7 bottles water yesterday- really thirsty for some reason.

OK, because we are only as healthy as our secrets : I ended up having my 3rd-snack ( in this case handful of pecans) meal in front of the TV crying over Dereks dying on Grey's Anatomy. At least yesterday I measured out all my "snack" meals into snack size zip lock bags.
Now I realized it wasn't really about the show and did tapp it out until I realized I'm grieving over both my closest friend moving far away and now my daughter will be moving to Col. this summer. The idea of having her and my grandchildren so far away -well makes me cry. I had to own that feeling and just sit with it

FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:52 AM   #33  

Personals:

Diana: No idea what those exercises are but sound good.

Flower: Look for Reiki Shares and for people taking Reiki classes that need people to practice on.

Larry: WOW! 5 acres. Color me green. I'm only on one though and that is too much for me right now-Goal-that acre being physically easy to care for. And Yes, you can have fun on a diet. I've had fun learning to cook healthy, learning all kinds of fun things to help with cravings. God knows never thought I'd learn self-hypnosis or go around sniffing essential oils to stop cravings; let alone all the crazy stuff I did on my jump start 45 day Red Color Diet last Sept.

Cool Mom: That is so great your sons are getting into playing instruments. My twins did and it saved their lives. (Guitar and drums) My girls were bullied horribly growing up and music was their solace.

Novangel: I feel for you and your stress over work- my daughter is in same pot- her boss just wouldn't believe her- she put her own money & time into trying to save the store and now it's closing Augst 1st.

Ian: I love all the stuff you told Mossy- esp. "not losing is a good experience for how you eat at maintenance." I've been blessed with a loss every weigh in (probably because I only weigh in 3x a month) but realize that may not always be the case. Good to have that one on the back burner for when that happens. Thank You.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #34  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 0.4lbs today to 173.2lbs.

For breakfast, I had sardines, scrambled egg, razor clams and scallops.

For lunch, I had a salad and smoked oysters.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training after breakfast and hope to do a hash run tonight.

Hope you keep losing FairyGaia ! I think you have lots of losses left yet. I sailed all the way down to the 180s before my body put the brakes on.

Last edited by IanG; 05-02-2015 at 12:57 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #35  

Happy Saturday everyone. Planning to write personals later in the day. This body of mine managed to gain another .4 lb. I honestly don't understand how this is happening. But what is, is. If this continues I will be 8 las heavier than when the relatives last saw me. It's been 7 days of this happening. It is completely foreign to me to be gaining while dieting.
I hope you all have a great Saturday.

Last edited by flower123; 05-02-2015 at 01:26 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #36  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm gaining while dieting too, but not worried. Nothing goes quickly for me. Hopefully it will float back down before frustration gets the better of you, Flower.

W 153.8
B waffle, egg, potatoes, bacon
Linner: 15 bean soup
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kelijpa Did you make a dent in the pile of rocks on the driveway?

Larry Keep up the great work. Glad you are enjoying the new program.

Flower Sending : your way. I hope things come together for you soon.

Stepbystep I hope you can get the AC repaired quickly. Good job on your day.

Fairygaia I'm sorry about your friend and family moving. Sometimes it's hard facing and acknowledging things that make us sad.

Ian Have fun at the hash run.

CoolMom How is your DH. Did the Dr. already adjust his meds?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
Chicken salad on wheat w/lettuce 350 calories

Dinner (750 calories)
chicken bog (rice, chicken, sausage, onions, peppers) 400 calories
steamed squash 100 calories
apple pie ala mode (weighed and measured) 250 calories

Exercise:
No real workout to report. I left the house late today since I had quite a bit to do around here. After grocery shopping, I was heading to the shop to do my workout. DH was at the farm. He called and asked how long before dinner would be ready because he was starving. I decided to go home to start dinner. I got everything pretty much done and was waiting for DH. I decided to do a walk from OnDemand. I got about 10 minutes into it and DH drove up, so I had to stop so we could eat. After dinner I ran around outside with Cody. I kicked the basketball and chased him around. I did get my heart rate up. We played outside for about 20 minutes. So I got about 30 minutes of activity in today.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-02-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:25 PM   #39  
Warrior Princess

Fairy, that stinks about your daughters job since she lost money but as they say; when one door closes another opens. Life always seems to sort itself out.

So...I drank a glass of wine and overdosed on Chinese food. Add TOM to the equation and I'm really at an interesting level of bloated right now. I didn't even exercise today and I'm feeling somewhat disgusted with myself. *sigh*

It was really beautiful outside today. Picture perfect.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:54 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. It was one of those days when I accidentally fall asleep after dinner and then wake up at 2am. I never like it when that happens. Can't exercise if I am asleep.

B: two eggs with toast and butter, berry tea
L: nut mix, two slices havarti cheese, Raisin Rosemary crackers
D: Flounder piccata, roasted corn salad with tomatoes and spinach leaves, whole grain bread with butter, and a brownie

Flower thanks for the tip on low acid caffeine at Trader Joe's. I didn't know about that. Next time I go through a coffee phase, maybe I'll try it. I like to put non dairy creamer in my coffee, and aside from the extra calories, I have known it to hinder weight loss. It's one of those comfort foods that is better for me to avoid.

Fairy A few years ago my oldest daughter moved away to the opposite end of the US. We are very close, so her leaving made me really sad, and I didn't take very good care of myself for a while. It's hard on the emotions to have that many people whom you care about, your daughter, grandchildren, and your good friend, move away all at one time. I hope you can find peace with it all, and remember to take care of yourself.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

No yoga last night or oxycise this morning. I went to bed, early for me on a weekend, but woke late. It felt really good to get some rest. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, LOL. I usually have issues sleeping on Sunday night. I guess I'm anticipating the next work week. I have a lot to get done today.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 173.4
Down: .6

Waving Hi all around! Have great day!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #42  

Good Morning!
Just a quicki-busy day ahead. My Dh brought home a new dog from the shelter yesterday. The whole family Laughed ourselves silly She's a dead ringer for his last dog that passed 2 years ago. Black lab mix with white feet, white up chest and white tip tail. She seems real sweet- put we haven't introduced ( let get together ) her yet to my mini doxie "Penny". I'm nervous about that. I've had Penny for 9 years. I was hoping DH would choose a small dog about her size.
Made it thru yesterday with NO TV Perfect food day, 6 water bottles, DVD "stronger seniors" done . I also put Tina Turner on my mp3 and found myself flying thru the routine-1st time I've added music. We don't need another hero-I am my own hero these days. The Dvd music is slow "elevator" music. I understand so you can hear the instructor- but done this enough to know the routine by now. 45 minute workout. The about 2 hrs pulling weeds.
Have a great Sunday everyone

Old 05-03-2015, 11:19 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default 5/2/2015 Atkins Induction Day 12

I did not get to post this yesterday, I went to bed early tired. I spent a wonderful sunny day riding my motorcycle in a charity ride to supply service dogs for wounded veterans. About 300 bikers and we rode Florida's "Tail of the Gecko" 76 miles and 84 turns. The ride ended at the Floral City VFW for food, drinks and live music. I got a bottle of water and two hamburger pattys without the buns with a slice of tomato and chopped raw onion for lunch

TOTAL: 12g Carbs, 109g Fat, 134g Protein, 1,531 Calories

Breakfast
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Butter - Unsalted, 1.5 tbsp(s)

Lunch
Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
80/20 Ground Beef 1/4 Pound - Hamburger, 2 patty
Tomato - Slice - 1/4 Inch, 2 Slice

Dinner
Chicken Leg - Grilled Grilled With Skin, 4 leg

Snacks
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg
Radishes - Raw, 10 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia)
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 2 t
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #44  

Hello everyone Catching up on 2 days personals here. So its a bit long.

stepbystep I hope you get the A/C fixed soon.

FairyGaia So very sorry that your Daughter, grandchildren and closest friend will be moving or have moved away. No wonder the situation on Greys Anatomy brought up so much. To your credit you tapped on it and were able to be present to and with it. And hopefully move through some of the feelings. Great work. Sounds like those nuts were not a big infraction at all. Sounds like you did very well with it all. But I am sorry your heart is expereincing so much loss. That can REALLY make the heart feel so very sad.
Thanks for the suggestion re Reiki. I have called a few places looking for reiki clinic. I used to be part of a healing clinic. But that's history now. Also put out a request in fb asking about any online groups or even groups in local community. For now, a friend is coming over this afternoon to do reiki. CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition to your family. I hope Penny and new dog become wonderful friends.

Ian whenever I think of fish I think of you

Coolmom, I am sorry you are gaining while dieting. I do know though that you look awesome having stayed committed to losing. You have fone an awesome job.

Diana, the best exercise of all. Running around and playing with Cody. what could be better than that !! DH has a farm??

Novangel, sometimes we just need to have that wine and food. And TOM does becon those desires for food and drink.

Magistra, Sorry you fell asleep. But sometimes sleep is better for losing weight than exercise. Yes, I have heard that caffinated coffee does hinder weight loss. Guess it raises the old cortisol levels. I hope you have a good day

Larry, the event sounds so wonderful. What a good purpose. To provide service dogs for wounded veterans. Sounds like you did GREAT with the food. you rock !!

Hi to eveyone else

Calories on Saturday were about 950. Today I did not lose or gain. Although to be honest, it is hard to ascess the weight today because of circumstances I will not go into. I am craving some nice popchips. But I must stay vigilant. Reason will prevail

These adrenals are so wacky right now. Last night I decided to try ti get a good night sleep. So I took klonapin and benedryl to sleep. And got 3 hours. Things will straighten out. Its just a wrinkle in time.

I hope everyone has an awesome rest of the weekend. And good Monday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #45  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Thank you, was it fairy?, for the comment about sitting to weed. I took a stool out for weeding today and it went so much better than my first try yesterday. I am trying to work on my horrible yard myself, without wimping out and calling for paid help.

W 154, up again.
B egg on toast
L veg, chick sausage
D not sure. A birthday party w food is happening. I might wait to eat until after c
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote