Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #316  
Warrior Princess

Syck, what's weird is I'm not doing anything different now, at least not that I'm aware of, than when I was able to lose weight in the first place. Now that I regained 5-7p it's IMPOSSIBLE to get back to 138. I run and run and run and run and run.. I know I'm burning calories because I feel like I'm going to DIE and sweat profusely. I guess I need to really reevaluate food and if the powers that be want me to be closer to 145p then so be it, but I'm going to keep trying. If anything at least I'm maintaining but I refuse to eat like a rabbit every single day. I gotta live a little or I'd be a miserable psychopath.

Flower, yes I'm almost finished running 1,000 miles but it took quite a while. That's the equivalent of Chicago to Denver!

Diana, glad all went well with your DH.

Larry, that's where I went wrong in life - I'm not a man. You guys have it made. Easy weight loss and no hormonal weight flux BS. Maybe in my next life. Congrats on the rapid weight loss.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:48 AM   #317  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the good thoughts for my DH.

I'm sitting in the "front room", with the door open. I've got a perfect view of the beach. There is a nice breeze and I can hear the waves crashing. We have a nice balcony with chairs. Cody and I will sit out there in bit. The balcony is secured so no worries about Cody getting out, etc. I'm getting ready for my next cup of coffee We have dinner reservations for tonight. Not sure what the plan is for today. The traffic is really bad here right now. We will have to plan around all of that.

Novangel Look at my situation. My thyroid was very out of range for 2+ years, though. But still, I was easily losing on what I am eating now or even more. I have really worked to keep my off plan days lower than I used to. I'm not sure what happens to our body when we get to goal or close to goal. I think it totally turns against us.

Have a great day and wonderful weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #318  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Diana, I'm glad the scope went well and good news. Enjoy your beach weekend!

Novangel, maybe a small amputation, like one arm, would do the trick? :P It takes baby steps and many years for me to get to clean eating. planning ahead for the week and having prepared foods ready in the fridge is the only way I can do it.

W 150.2
B two eggs and feta over roasted veg. Coffee w milk.

I'm over 500 cals for the week. I am going to try and get a long hike in tomorrow.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #319  

Diana good news re DH. Love your description of where you are staying. The waves.... Ahhhh

Larry congrats on the latest loss. You are an inspiration.

Novangel is it possible that you have more muscle mass, which weighs more? I tend to have to go both low carb and low calorie. That's how I can do it. Still, I could not lose without the natural thing I take for cortisol. It's hard . Especially now when I am self medicating with food. That 3.8 goal, well the number is higher each day

CoolMom. hoping DH is doing well today. And that you all are having a good weekend

More personals later when I am on the pc. Doing bold names gets a bit tricky on the iPad.

Have been medicating with food the past many days. Scale has been showing steady gain. I think I need another trip to Boston to force me to diet. But there is no logical place for me to stay other than an expensive motel. So I can nix that idea. Looking for strong motivation. Will let you know when I have located it hope everyone is having a good weekend (long holiday weekend in the US). I wonder how fluffy is doing. Hope she is okay

Last edited by flower123; 05-23-2015 at 05:41 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

HI Everyone,
Late with this today. Had fun walk with dog at park yesterday- got 1 hr in garden. Good, food, exercise, water, No TV eating. Same for today. woke up unable to hold anything down , not even water , but was well enough to each but 3 PM and then felt good enough to do my aerobics. Seem fine now Spent the day reading " The Gabriel Method." Seems my plan is very close to his. this first book of his is more his story ( lost 226 pounds -kept it off) and then all about our caveman selves and why our bodies won't let us lose weight so far. Very interesting.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #321  

Morning all
FairyGaia the Gabriel method sounds good. I remember when PBS ( I think that was the network) presented a series re: his method. Sounded logical and good. Glad you were feeling better as the day progressed.

The day has begun. I have not yet grappled with eating, cravings etc. gained again yesterday. No surprise considering what I ate. Looking for that incentive to diet that is stronger than current daily cravings. I know what to do. Motivation and incentive were put on the back burner. Today us a new day. Will post calories at the end of today. Less than 1200. And exercise.

I hope everyone has a great day !

Last edited by flower123; 05-24-2015 at 11:34 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

"I'm not sure what happens to our body when we get to goal or close to goal. I think it totally turns against us."

Switching it all up, constantly and hanging by a 3FC thread.
Not giving up and going back to the slippery slope...Ahh, to heck with that!
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #323  
Warrior Princess

Diana, the less we have to lose the harder. I can drop 30p like it's nobody's business, but those last 10-15? PITA! And I'm not talking vanity pounds either, if that was the case my goal weight would be 125. I think age, hormones, thyroid, stress, and poor food choices all sabotage. Some we can help, some we can't. Oh, to be 18 again.. Smoking used to help too but that's over with.

Flower, I stopped taking the cortisol lowering supplements way before I could find out if they worked or not. I'm just sick of pills. I practically rattle when I walk. Maybe I will try them again down the road. Definitely not muscle gain. Wish I could say it was.

I worked open to close today but Friday I ran a 5k and Saturday I went beast mode on the elliptical and weights. I want to be toned darn it!

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #324  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all!!

DH and I just finished a 30 mile ride burned almost 1700 calories...now we barbecue! We're going to grill some grass fed organic beef burgers. mmmm and Asian chopped salad. oh, YUM.

TOM finally showed up, so I am a water-holding maniac right now and don't really care since it's Memorial weekend. I have 20 days to work on the 4 pounds of water that are sitting on me, and also to lose 2 real pounds. Then I'd be 150 again
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had a great time yesterday on a benifit motorcycle poker run for a great biker woman who was the victim of a hit and run driver. I logged 266 miles round trip from home with a great group of old and new friends. Some of it under water LMAO we went through a couple of rain storms that were incredible. Rain hurt like being hit with hail and in some points the water was ankle deep while riding the bike. I could not have been any wetter if I had swam across the Gulf of Mexico. We we all laughing our butts off when we got to a stop. A group of drowned rats we were but it could not be for a better cause than to help this friend.

On the plus side MFP logged 1339 calories burned from 8 hours of motorcycle riding and I stayed on my Atkins plan.

5/24/2015 6g Carbs, 105g Fat, 66g Protein

My Daily Goal 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #326  

Mornin'

Larry, that sounds like an adventure! A great memory with friends, for sure.

Psyckgirl, nice job on the 30! When I did 30 I had some weird carpal tunnel type pain in my wrists and hands. I bought a butterfly style handlebar to try and prevent that issue but still need to have my local bike shop make the switch.

W 151.something
B egg on toast
L potluck with family. Probably a sausage and veg.

I did my fav 8 mile hike yesterday and my 11yo came with. He did great! I might try and do it again soon and see if the 8yo wants to give it a try. It's a lot of steady incline but then we pop out in the city and they can get lunch and window shop the fun shops.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #327  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Yah! An active forum- I'm jumping in!
Hello everyone! I'm doing a combo of ATKINS and Metabolic Research which means to me - low carbs, high protein with some protein shakes, lots of veggies and water! And at least 30-60 min of activity daily. My best work out partners are my fur babies! They are always ready to speed walk without whining any time, rain or shine
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #328  

Welcome, bigdog! Does that mean you also have not-so-best workout partners of the nonfurry variety? My kids have been very resistant to joining me for outdoor activities but I keep trying and I think a couple might be starting to see the fun in it.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

I started to address this to Mossy-But a lot of people (myself included) have found their bodies rebel when they get near goal. I'm reading The Gabriel Method by Jon Gabriel. I had already read & been using guided visualizations from his visualizations book-mp3 for a couple months now. If you read my blog from last august. (when I started) you'd know I'm not doing his plan per say-food wise. I'm happy I didn't find his book back then- My way has been working for me. But in his book he explains why our bodies hang on to the weight & actually scientifically fight to keep our bodies fat. It's very fascinating and he gives ways to overcome this. So-even if you choose to stay with your eating plan give his other idea's a chance. They have really helped me.

Another perfect plan day yesterday; About to head out into garden. Everyone have a blessed Memorial day.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Have not checked in all weekend long! Not staying very accountable clearly! However...I seem to always have the issues around Holidays and with 4 bar b qs within a 3 day spand to attend to I feel like I did really good. I stay on track all weekend besides yesterday Where I went about 100-150 calories over but swimmed half of the day (so maybe the swimming exercise made up for it..???) lol. Who knows! Today I got a walk in and have been within my calorie range so far. I also checked my weight over my friends house and it was a 10 lb difference then when I go to Krogers and check it weekly...I will be purchasing one at the end of the week (around my check in day) and go by that one strictly. I don't know what I should believe so I can't say rather I've lost or not. Hope everyone enjoyed their time with the family this memorial day weekend and has stayed on track!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote