Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #301  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Ian I wonder what would happen if you did cardio one day and then weights the next. Maybe your body is holding onto weight/water from the stress of working out.
No! Both every day Diana.

I need to exercise more for my head than my heart.

It's a stress buster. Weightloss is secondary. Or the diet's problem, as I call it.

Last edited by IanG; 04-27-2015 at 09:07 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #302  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Dinner was tacos carnitas and I went over my calorie budget by 250.

Diana, the salmon was store bought and the kids love salmon. I see you and others mention Bolt House dressing so I've looked for it but never seem to find it. Their website says we should have it locally. Cucumber dill sounds yummy.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 04-27-2015 at 09:55 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 7

My last report I called day five it actually was day six for me. Today went very good. Each day I have been cutting back 100 calories. Started at 1800 then 1700 and today 1600. I will let my body adjust for a few days and then I will cut my calories some more. I am leaving my percentage of Carbs, Fat and protein the same.

5% Carbs, 60% Fat, 35% Protein

Total for today: 15g Carbs, 106g Fat, 134g Protein, 1,597 Calories

Breakfast
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Sugardale - Hickory Smoked Sliced Bacon, 3 slices

Lunch
Zuccini - Cooked Zuccini, 1 cup cooked
Smithfield - Grilled Ham Steak, 3 oz

Dinner
Chicken - Grilled Thighs With Skin, 6.6 oz.

Snacks
Pork Generic - Baked Pork Chop, 1 medium (3oz, with bone, raw) (yield after cooking, bone removed)
Kurtz - Kosher Dill Spears, 6 oz
Mt. Olive - Delicatessen Style Pepperoncini, 2 oz about 4 peppers
Coburn Farms - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 3.1 oz
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 1 tsp
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:15 AM   #304  

Good Tuesday Morning to everyone !!

Hey Fluffy. Good to see you. I gotta say that for all those days you were eating off plan, I think the amount you gained was not so bad at all. I went off plan for 1/2 day and gained 4. Glad you got a new scale and are back on track. Also, I hope you are completely recovered soon. Sounds like you have had a physically harrowing time of it.

Ian, I am in such admiration of your workouts. I know I have said it before. But it bears repeating. For you and all who are so diligent working out here. Btw, Salmon is a favorite of mine as well. I could easily live on it.

Syckgirl, Sounds like you are advocating for yourself with the alcohol free weekends. Telling DH to not get any for you.

CoolMom ahhhh, Salmon. A food of the gods. Or Neptune I would eat the stuff every day if I could afford it. And the Dutch Baby. What do you put on it? Lemon and sugar?

Diana, congrats re: the 1 lb weight loss. Way to go !!!

Mossy I hope that soon the plateau will take a downward turn. I never thought that the spelling of the lake was "Woe-be-gone" Interesting. Thanks for writing that.

Larry Good job staying on plan. woohoo and yes !!

Monday I did not have to be anywhere. So I woke, had hot chocolate and fell back to sleep. Later in the day I woke, had hot chocolate and fell asleep. I slept all day and into some of the evening. Quite odd. I never before have had that happen. Anyway, I did not eat lunch. So calories for the day were about 650.

I weighed myself Monday morning. But forgot to write it down. I seem to remember it being somewhere around 3 of those 8 lbs lost. I liked it better last Friday ( before I went off the diet for 1/2 day) 4 of the 8 lbs had been lost. Am hoping Tuesday will bring better reading on the scale. Wondering if some of the inflamation I am expereincing is causing me to hold on to more weight. Considering taking "natural calm" something my chiropractor recommended when I had a alot of inflamation before. It's mag citrate. I think I will start taking it it again.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Tuesday.

Last edited by flower123; 04-28-2015 at 04:15 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:00 AM   #305  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

I'm back, the scale says 175.9, I thought it would be worse...ready to get back to it.

Larry!

I see I have a ton of catching up to do. We had fun, saw some great music, did a lot of walking, now back to the old routine, hard to get going for work this morning

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #306  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Let's talk about the Bolthouse Farms flavors. I have tried some others but didn't like them at all. I will post back later.

Ian I understand.

Last night I added on: Opening section from Yoga Conditioning for Athletes
This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 174.2
No Change

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Happy days Are Here Again!!

After one week on Atkins Induction today was weigh in day. I was very apprehensive because in the past year calorie counting I lost nothing I measured and weighed everything and my goal was 1400 calories and I was usually under it with no loss. I was seriously considering surgery but at 70 I am at the upper limit for having that done.

So I thought my body needs a total change in eating, more than just calorie reduction. So I decided to return to the Atkins diet that I had been on about twenty five years ago. Got the book and read it because I forgot most of the Atkins program. I have been sticking to it faithfully, even eating more calories than before but severely restricting carbs. I had become a carb junky with carbs as the my main food source.

The result for the first week, a 4 pound loss!!

I could not be happier.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #308  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

nice job, Larry!

everyone hi! I haven't been on too much because I am busy with writing papers and stuff for school. Almost halfway through Spring quarter already and I'm registering for Summer on Friday!!!!

Last night I had a stuffed bell pepper from trader joes - SO good. It was a red bell pepper stuffed with a ground turkey/rice mixture. 240 cals. YUM.

Today after work we're probably going to ride maybe 11 miles - it's going to be 91 degrees today ouch!

B - trader joes high fiber cereal/coconut milk
S - blueberry fiber cake / kiwis that I didn't eat yesterday
L - my leftover homemade potato salad (yellow, purple, red potato medley) and grilled chicken breast
D - chicken lasagna (trader joes), steamed organic broccoli or green beans

Going to watch the movie The Gambler tonight
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #309  

Default New!

Hey! New here.

151.5 today

Yesterday:
B - Fage 0%, berries, and 1/4 light granola
L - garden salad with chicken breast and balsamic vinagrette
S - Apple, almond butter
S - fiber one bar, grapefruit
D - vegan meatballs and zucchini (as pasta)
S - frozen fruit mix, ended up not really eating it though. Too tired.

Exercise: 20 mins in stair climber, 40 mins strength training (upper body)

I eat late so I eat two snacks in the afternoon.

Thanks!
kk2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #310  
Warrior Princess

Hey all I'm still around and lurking on occasion. I'm still running with Jillian in between. I see it's a little less crowded in this thread, I was having a very hard time keeping up so I took a break. I'll post more later.

Syck, we're still debating Vegas but money for me is not good right now and I'm going to start job searching tonight. Ugh...2 years building up clientele so hopefully most of them follow Me. I don't know what the deal is but this salon has taken a major dive. On the upside DH has a great contract job with tons of work so for him that's $$$. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do. :/

Have a great day, all.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #311  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome, kk2323!

Welcome back, Fluffy!

Nice job on your week, Larry!

Good morning!

W 152.2
B salad on a dutch baby.
L/d tacos

Flower, I tried the lemon and powdered sugar the first time but I 've started eating it with a salad on top now. A restaurant in Tokyo served up food in dutch babies and it gave me the idea. The restaurant version had salad, sausage and a fried egg. I cut a few things out to lower the calories but it's still good. Plus, I discovered a single serving can be whipped up quickly in a magic bullet and thrown into a smaller cast iron pan.

Seeing if I can attach my twogrand photo. It's a fun dish.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 09-25-2015 at 02:09 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #312  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 1lb to 177lbs today.

Breakfast was sardines, anchovies and scallops.

Lunch was a salad with smoked oysters.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes boxing before work and ran 4 miles before lunch.

Last edited by IanG; 04-28-2015 at 02:21 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #313  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

larry (!!!) welcome back! I was literally just the other day wondering where you had gone and how you were doing
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #314  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

novangel don't worry Vegas will be there when you're ready! Do you have to fly? You can usually find good hotel/air packages. Right now there are some good hotel deals on Groupon and Living Social, too.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #315  

Hey everyone . I read everything but am on the iPad right now. So I will not do personals until later. Except to say
CoolMom. . Awesome idea re: the dut.ch baby. I never thought of doing something like that as a savory dish. But makes sense . Popovers are usually considered savory.

I figured out why I was unable to lose all of the lbs I gwined last Friday. It's carbs from the cocoa powder. Having all that cocoa was about 40 carbs a day. No wonder. I figured it out mid day today. So carb count will be lower. I am hoping weight will start coming off again. I only have 11 more days to lose the weight. This morning I slipped. I had 480 calories of chicken sausage. Lunch was just a low cal salad. So the slip will result in 280 extra calories. I think tomorrow will be much better. Then I can be in the groove. Personals later
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote