Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Today was a really nice day here. We were close to 70*. This week the high will drop back down in the 40's. Today was nice for a break. Thank you for the tips about the bread. I tore up pieces wax paper and put them between the slices of the bread. I put it back in the original bag and then put that bag in a freezer bag. I took tips from everyone here.

Sensualappeal I'm sorry yesterday was rough. Hopefully today wasn't so bad.

FluffyPuppy Do you have issues with meditation type stuff? If not try listening to this at night to see if it helps: http://www.healthjourneys.com/kaiser...Loss_flash.asp You can download it here. It's at the bottom of the page: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org...TZxmGL2IKPpI!/ Maybe tell yourself if you still feel like eating after you listen to it then you will deal with that then.

Solarplant Hi. It's good to see you. I'm sorry about the breakup.

Flower Good job on your day. I still think you are doing well with maintaining.

Momwithdogs Thank you for sharing the picture. Cute!

Ronja You sound like a busy mom!

Veil Were you able to get that walk in?

Lindsey Hi It wouldn't hurt to see what the Dr. says. You might have something else going on. Good luck. I hope you get it figured out. I think weight loss/maintenance is the hardest thing. Once you get something figured out, your body changes and throws a monkey wrench in your program.

CoolMom What kind of soup did you make?

Kelijpa I wish I could send our weather today to you. It was beautiful. Hopefully it will start warming up soon. Good news about your neck.

Cornucopiaoflove Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-02-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1585 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 calories)
We went to a new place. It was really good but they had limited veggies, etc. They did have their nutritional information, though.
Small Greek side salad 200 calories
grilled salmon 400 calories
roasted potatoes 200 calories

Exercise:
HHA's Extreme Cardio
Old 03-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

ncjane We were posting at the same time.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #49  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Exercise: 30 minutes of pilates, 60 crunches. And tomorrow I think I'll take a trip to my gym. I enjoy the gym when I can get in the groove of it. I'm kind of excited to go try it again.

B-
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup granola
L-
Leftover rice
Leftover mu shoo veggies
1 egg
S-
1 fruit cup
D-
1 microwave meal
2 cups broccoli
1 packet m&ms

Diana3271: in my experience, sliced bread freezes extremely well. I often freeze a whole loaf and pull out a few slices to dethaw at a time for when I need it. I haven't noticed a texture change. I don't even put wax paper between the slices.

LindseyLou: How frustrating! I don't know if you've done this, but maybe try to track a few days of your food, and track the calories closely. Sometimes if something slips through, it might only be a couple hundred extra calories, but that would be enough to halt weight loss.

Last edited by Penny105; 03-02-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Today was easier

B: egg + egg white, bean sprouts + tomatoes
L: greek yogurt
D: crock pot shredded chicken with marinara, bean sprouts, steamed carrots, sauerkraut, a bit of salsa
S: protein shake (cookies and cream with almond milk)

I'm noticing how stressed I am. I was thinking today how I can ease the stress... lke going through all the options other than eating and almost went for wine but ended up not doing that cause that's calories too and I don't wanna go down that road anyway. But regardless. I am going back to the gym tomorrow after not going for a week so hopefully that will help me ease the stress! Wish me luck!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #51  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwithdogs View Post
Nova- I have been taking 5-HTP for about the last month and really like the results. However, it is not a supplement that one is supposed to stay on long term, so I may make the move to what you are taking right now.
I have a bottle of 5HTP but I never took any because it's an alternative for SSRI'S and I had bad side-effects from those. Not saying 5HTP will do the same to me but I'm too scared to find out. What I'm taking now is totally different but if the HTP is working for you then I'd stay on it. My Psych never mentioned anything about time frames for either. People take meds like Prozac for 30+ years so what's the difference?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Just popping in to report another binge. Don't feel like writing much cuz this is getting so old. I just put mfp on my phone and plan to log everything tomorrow so maybe that will help. Forced myself to journal after the binge.

I went shopping today and bought size 12 pants and L shirts. That's progress. I started at 14 sometimes 16 and XL. Had a bit of a muffin top and maybe should have at least tried the 14s but got too determined to wear the 12s
Old 03-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #53  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Today's food didn't go like I thought because of company but calories were still good.

B pumpkin protein oatmeal, strawberries
L curry chicken over veggies
D same as lunch

I have the garbanzo beans soaking for a new soup recipe I'll make tomorrow, spicy lentil garbanzo bean.

The kids made a homemade gummy candy recipe today, in adorable robot molds I bought for it. The recipe only calls for blueberries, lemon juice and grass-fed beef gelatin. They turned out super cute but the sugar was definitely missed. We'll try again with sugar.

Fluffy, sorry about the binge. Amazing that you got down to a 12 though! Congrats! Some size 12 jeans are stashed in my closet, still too tight. Waah!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:10 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you everyone for the warm rewelcome.

Today was a long day at work, but I went to try out a spin class at a new gym studio. It was the most intense but fun spin classes I have ever been to. I'm still thinking if I will go back or not, the first class was at the promo price, but the studio in general is rather expensive. Afterwards,I came home and broiled some salmon in the oven.

Breakfast: 1 egg + 2 egg whites, 2 slices bacon, 2 slices daves killer bread
Snack: grapes
Lunch: broiled chicken breast on top of asian salad - cucumber, grape tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, ginger dressing, a small wheat roll
Dinner: broiled salmon served as mini tacos (on mini corn tortillas), plus salsa and some guacamole, and steamed asparagus / radishes on the side.

We all survived Monday and happy Tuesday to all.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 AM   #55  

Fluffy, please try to not feel discouraged. I have seen how successful you are sometimes having mastery over the binges. So I consider you someone who is inspiring. Great job with the smaller size clothing. Woohoo !!

I am not going to write more right now because I wrote so much earlier. And yesterday. Hope Tuesday is a good one for people <3
Old 03-03-2015, 06:47 AM   #56  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Good morning all!!
WOW, this thread is a busy, wonderful spot!!

B- 2 eggs, fried mushrooms, dill toast
tomato, feta, cucumber salad

D- mapled pecans
2 Bahn Tet slices, fried (sticky rice w banana)

W- 239
E- 45 minute walk/jog on treadmill

For the next 19 days I will be fasting from sunrise to sunset. Some years I can hang in there, other years Ive needed to step back. It does nothing for weight loss, usually. But, it really helps with focusing my spiritual energy and making time for meditation & prayer-- which in the long run makes me healthier.

Have a great day everyone! We will make healthy choices!

Last edited by Veil; 03-03-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:57 AM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Yoga Zone's Yoga for a Strong & Healthy Back
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1585 +
Weigh In: 173.2
Down: .6

Have a great day!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #58  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday!

We have more snow coming today and I am definitely ready for spring. However, not the clocks going forward this weekend.

Coolmom- I hope to start the Sunday tradition with my toddler soon- taking him to a restaurant right now isn't feasible unless it involves cocktails, lol.

Nova- I do not get along with SSRIs either, but the 5-HTP has been more than fine.

I hope everyone else is having a fab start to the week!

Yesterday would have been ok food wise, well, at least acceptable, but halfway through cooking dinner last night, the grill ran out of gas. My 30 minute meal was taking over 90 minutes and by the time it was done, I was starving. Let's just say dinner ended with crap in a can (my DD's Chef Boyardee) and a cupcake. Honestly, I really don't find either of those foods off-limits, just not protocol AFTER eating a full meal.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #59  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all,

Still need to get caught up on reading...down a little to 168.5, gave myself a little talking to this morning , remains to be seen if I will listen seems like FatGirl senses a weakness and wants to take over...not happening, wish I didn't always have this struggle, but it is what it is, things could be worse, so buck up, buttercup.

B-oatmeal, almond milk, craisins, pecans
L-spring mix, sprouts, 5bean salad mushrooms, olives Bolthouse dressing
S-banana
D-?

Best to all
Old 03-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #60  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

well I've realized I'm way too far behind to even attempt reading everything - been so busy with school and work, and DH has been in Vegas since Sunday for a convention.

flower I did my presentation last night, woohoo! it's over, phew! It was in Accounting 325, which is Leadership and Professional Skills for Accountants. 2 more weeks to finals. Now I can turn my attention toward Econ and finish reading the book prof. assigned and write the book review.

Weight is fine. Weather going back up in to the 80's on Thursday, but we had two days of lovely rain

B - belvita
L - southwestern salad
S - maybe
D - um, probably mushroom stuffed chicken breast (Omaha steaks) and green beans. Maybe some quinoa. No exercise, need to clean house up since DH will be home probably tomorrow.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-03-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Closed Thread